Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

X Factor UK S3 (2006)

X Factor UK S3 (2006)
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: X Factor UK S3 (2006) Reply with quote
Is there something like this in Australia, these Pop Idol types of shows? I'm sure there is Very Happy
Does anyone know of the UK edition? Smile

I like LEONA, she is gorgeous but I don't like her OTT warbling, Delta Goodrem was much better this week when she was singing (she was a special guest). She (Leona) really overbaked Bridge Over Troubled Water. Leona just shouts when she can't hit the right notes. "Bridge" is a very hard song to sing I'll give her that, even seasoned opera singers have trouble with it, I just didn't like it much Sad

I like BEN, he has a good rock voice. I think the program is spoilt by the judges fighting. Sad I find Simon Cowell a smug, arrogant idiot Evil or Very Mad

My thoughts on the show - 18/11/06:

RAY (Livin' La Vida Loca): Something different instead of swing numbers Smile Good for him I guess, yet in the performance stakes CHICO knocked spots off him last season. Ray didn't (or couldn't) really dance, and doesnt have a recording voice IMO (but then neither did Chico).
ETON ROAD (I Don't Feel Like Dancing): Thought this was cheesy but then the song is cheesy/camp so maybe thats a good thing. Shaky performance though.
ROBERT (You Are Not Alone): He made a naff Michael Jackson song sound good tonight, he sang from the heart I think.
LEONA (Bridge Over Troubled Water): The lovechild of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Christina strikes again!
This beautiful, classic song gives me goosebumps when Art Garfunkel sings it, but this was not the case here. If Simon thinks Leona is so good, why dies she need a choir on stage? Seriously, Leona's voice is very good, and I wouldn't say no at all, but she was too OTT again tonight. I just don't like her screeching/wailing on the high notes.
More Mariah warbling at the end and in the middle, and do we need another Mariah? She didnt "make the song her own" IMO. "Bridge" is a gentle, soulful song and she lacked warmth. Her choir sounded better than her.
I think she needs to try a faster, up-tempo song where she actually sings insteaad of wailing.
BEN (With A Little Help From My Friends): A powerhouse performance that suited him down the ground, he proved he can sing with the piano and was very good this week. He had backing singers too but I think he should have tried without it. Having said that, they added to the song (necessary high voices to Ben's growl) unlike Leona's performance.
McDONALDS (Love Is All Around): Bland, mediocre wedding material.
But of course, Simon, smug git that he is, is rude to them (unfairly at times I have to say) so they stay in. They're just very mediocre, and thats the problem. I don't care how "nice" they are. Those who vote for them to piss Simon off, it is getting beyond a joke now. ROBERT was a better singer than them and had more charisma Sad Confused

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one with this washer-dryer" - Jim Bowen

Last edited by grim_tales on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I highly doubt anyone else watches this, being it's a UK Only series. So. Yeah. Don't expect too much of a response.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gydafud
Whinges too much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xfactor? Isn't that a show like "Who dares wins"?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's also a really good comic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sakuya
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gydafud wrote:
Xfactor? Isn't that a show like "Who dares wins"?

could it be you're talking about Fear Factor ?
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sakuya wrote:
[..]

could it be you're talking about Fear Factor ?

Was that the one with Mike Whitney?
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
unless you are providing "favours" to a mod.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Australian version of this show was so bad.
Sakuya
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well if you're talking about Who Dares Win .. then yeah I guess there's that Mike Whitney thing, if you're talking about a show which is like Who Dares Win with the word "Factor" in it then I'm guessing it's probably Fear Factor.

Either way the X Factor show that was done here was pretty crap.
grim_tales
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've heard theres some kind of deal Simon Cowell has with Fox that prevents the UK series from airing in the US as well, so probably only UK viewers will have seen it. Some of the performances are on Youtube though.
I don't think this years show is as good as last year, I don't like the theme nights.
Hasn't Delta Goodrem had the longest running No1 album in Australian history (29 weeks or something like that)? Shocked

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one with this washer-dryer" - Jim Bowen

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: