Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Kaiju Eiga I would love Madman to release in 2007

Kaiju Eiga I would love Madman to release in 2007
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Kaiju Eiga I would love Madman to release in 2007 Reply with quote
MOTHRA

VARAN THE UNBELIEVABLE

DOGORA THE SPACE MONSTER

ATRAGON

SPACE AMOEBA

YONGARY

THE X FROM OUTER SPACE

FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS

KING KONG ESCAPES

Any of the recent Mothra movies
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All of the Mothra films would be nice. I think they were all dubbed except the third in the 1990's trilogy. Some more Toho tokusatsu films would be great. Gorath, The Last War, The Secret of Telegian, The Human Vapour, The Three Treasures, Battle in Outer Space, H-Man, Magnitude 7.9, Prophecies of Nostradamus, ESPY and Sinking of Japan (2006) all need English subtitled releases.
Xilian
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kaiju Eiga I would love Madman to release in 2007 Reply with quote
Many of those films are available on American DVDs and look fantastic. However, I would second the notion for seeing Madman release the Mothra films. I don't know if they can get the rights to the original Mothra, since it was co-produced by Columbia and so Sony probably has worldwide rights outside of Asia. However, as for Rebirth of Mothra III, the one with King Ghidorah, it has gone unreleased anywhere outside of Japan... Crying or Very sad
Max
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know I`ve already said this, but given the topic, I`d LOVE to see;

GAMERA: GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE (1995)

GAMERA 2: ADVENT OF LEGION (1996)

GAMERA 3: AWAKENING OF IRYS (1999)

I hate to be picky, but that order would be nice too, for the sake of understanding them properly!
I was considering getting hold of the Region 1 DVDs of these films, but since Madman/Eastern Eye`s DVDs are usually superior to such imports, I would gladly wait if Eastern Eye/Madman chose to release them.
keith aiken
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
All of the Mothra films would be nice. I think they were all dubbed except the third in the 1990's trilogy.

Toho did create an English dub for REBIRTH OF MOTHRA 3. The dubbing stinks.

Quote:
Sinking of Japan (2006) all need English subtitled releases.

The Tokyo Broadcasting System has international rights to the new SINKING OF JAPAN. No word on a US, British, or Australia release but TBS does have an English subbed print that has been shown at festivals and trade shows like the American Film Market. A lot of Japanese films shown at AFM end up on DVD and I expect SINKING OF JAPAN will too. The movie is excellent and has some great fx.

Xilian wrote:
However, as for Rebirth of Mothra III, the one with King Ghidorah, it has gone unreleased anywhere outside of Japan... Crying or Very sad

Sony has US rights to REBIRTH OF MOTHRA 3. While they haven't released it on video yet, the film has been shown on television on the Sci-Fi Channel. Sony also has an English dubbed theatrical print of ROM3 that has played at festivals and arthouse theaters in America; I saw the movie at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood back in 2000.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
keith aiken wrote:
The Tokyo Broadcasting System has international rights to the new SINKING OF JAPAN. No word on a US, British, or Australia release but TBS does have an English subbed print that has been shown at festivals and trade shows like the American Film Market. A lot of Japanese films shown at AFM end up on DVD and I expect SINKING OF JAPAN will too. The movie is excellent and has some great fx.
Looks like the 2006 version is coming out in Hong Kong. And so is the highly un PC parody of the film/novel, The World Sinks Except Japan. Got the HK version of the 1973 version of Japan Sinks/Submersion of Japan, and I really enjoyed it. The SFX were quite good, and I was particularly surprised with how good a lot of the water sequences were handled. Didn't realise Canberra looked so much like the Japanese countryside as depicted in the film! Laughing Some of the disaster scenes were quite violent and bloody, compared to Hollywood's disaster flicks of the same era. Any more Toho/Japanese disaster flicks made in that period?
keith aiken
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
Any more Toho/Japanese disaster flicks made in that period?

I think you listed all the Toho disaster films in an earlier post here. The only exception may be the 1975 movie CONFLAGRATION, which was released in the US as the butchered HIGH SEAS HIJACK. http://www.amctv.com/show/detail?CID=9337-1-1

A few other movies from other studios come to mind. Kadokawa Pictures' VIRUS (1980) had an international cast (including Glenn Ford, Robert Vaugh, Chuck Connors, and George Kennedy) dealing with a disease that wipes out humanity. Shochiku's GENOCIDE (1968) is about a plague of insects. While not traditional disaster movies, both GOKE BODYSNATCHER FROM HELL and KAIRO (PULSE) deal with" end of the world" scenarios.

I'm working on a lengthy article about SINKING OF JAPAN which will on http://www.scifijapan.com/ in the next few days.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: