Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE Reply with quote
Hi Dragon Ball Z,

SURPRISE! We would like to formally announce that we will be redoing the entire Dragon Ball Z series again, presenting them in the newly remastered widescreen format as announced recently by Funimation.

WHAT? - Yes, you heard it right, after some careful consideration and forward planning, we have decided that in order to hopefully in the long run lessen the confusion of the DVD Release of Dragon Ball Z we have decided to restart over and release it in the new format. It will be presented for the first time:

UNCUT
3 Audio tracks featuring Japanese, English with English Score and English with Japanese Score, something we have not been able to do at all. This also means that for the first time in Australia, ALL seasons of Dragon Ball Z will be presented in both English and Japanese, a much requested feature from fans for many years.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THE CURRENT SETS?
They will continue to be available on the market until such a time that we have released the season we are replacing it with. From that point on the older sets will be discontinued and go out of print.

PRICING
We will be releasing these new sets for the new low price of $59.95 and will also be in a Fat-Pack Packaging from the day of release.

BUT YOU SAID....
Yes, we did indeed state that we would only release Season 1 parts 2 and 3 in the new wide screen formats only, but we figured that we might as well redo the entire series while we are at it. We had originally intended on re-releasing the currently available sets as Fat-Packs, and after some careful considerations we thought "might as well" and offer a new product, discounting the price at the same time presenting DBZ for the first time in it's entireity in English AND Japanese plus some fancy features as well.

THE WIDESCREEN ISSUE.
This has been a much debated and talked about subject. It will still continue to be a topic of debate for many years to come and here's what we can establish. The newly remastered sets are sourced from Japanese film stock i.e. Film reels like those you see at cinemas. They have been digitized, cleaned up and captured at 24 frames a second in 1080p. It is then mastered down to a standard definition 576i, format suitable for viewing on regular DVDs, this also means that these new sets will be PRESENTED IN A TRUE PAL FORMAT, something that is unprecedented for such a long TV Anime series. You do in some cases lose some vertical image, BUT you now also gain horizontal footage that has never been seen before. While, we would have ultimately been happier with a 4:3 release, this is out of our control and is a decision that FUNimation has made but will present some interesting ways to view DBZ.

BUT I'M STILL NOT HAPPY!
We do understand that you may be fustrated that you now have yet ANOTHER set of DBZ DVDs to buy, but we believe that fans will utlimately in the long run be happier with this choice that we have made, by doing this there is now much more benefit for the fans of the series, with multiple options in audio for the first time, and also a new way to see DBZ.

The first set is due for release in July containing the entire Vegeta Saga episodes 1-39
Season 2 containing episodes 40-74 (Namek and Captain Ginyu Sagas) (date TBC)
Season 3 containing episodes 75-107 (Frieza Saga)(date TBC)

Future set break downs will be posted closer to release.

Last edited by Slykura on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm I had a feeling that MM would be picking up these new sets and the march release date is really good that way we have plenty of time to see what the US R1 release is like before I buy the MM version.

Now Sly you stated that the new releases will be mastered down to a standard definition 480p format is that just for our region or is Funimation doing this to the R1 release as well? I donít remember reading anything about that in their FAQ, they just mentioned that it will be done in 1080p?

Thanks itís still great news to here MM picking up this version as I donít think that Funimation will be re-releasing this series again as itís being done in 1080p now so any further releases on blue-ray or HD-DVD can only be in 4:3 and I just donít see them doing that.
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura, you mentioned that the new release would have English with English score. Is the music score going to be done by the same people, the ones who produced the music from the Captain Ginyu Saga to the end of DBZ?

Because thats when the English score was the best. Thats the Bruce Faulconer music score

It gave us some great music like Piccolo's theme, and Vegeta's and Cell's

The Music from the Uncut Vegeta Saga was bad, and a total let down.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SPIDERCARNAGE wrote:
Hmm I had a feeling that MM would be picking up these new sets and the march release date is really good that way we have plenty of time to see what the US R1 release is like before I buy the MM version.

Now Sly you stated that the new releases will be mastered down to a standard definition 480p format is that just for our region or is Funimation doing this to the R1 release as well? I donít remember reading anything about that in their FAQ, they just mentioned that it will be done in 1080p?

Thanks itís still great news to here MM picking up this version as I donít think that Funimation will be re-releasing this series again as itís being done in 1080p now so any further releases on blue-ray or HD-DVD can only be in 4:3 and I just donít see them doing that.

There is no such thing as 1080p for DVD it doesn't exist. You can't have a high definition video on a standard definition format it's impossible.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
<3 Madman. Saved me from importing. Thankfully I can finally buy one of my first great anime loves, that I've been putting off for years (excluding the movies), because of the lack of standardised DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news. Very Happy DBZ will look good in widescreen.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow
So theres a 1080p master available. This kind of makes the new 480p set useless. If I were you DBZ fans I'd hold off on the 480p DVD set and await the inevitable 1080p release on Blu Ray/HD DVD when the format is more standard and more popular.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hm wow fatpack size, this might save me a bundle of space and Japanes audio tracks might make it worth it to me.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
wow
So theres a 1080p master available. This kind of makes the new 480p set useless. If I were you DBZ fans I'd hold off on the 480p DVD set and await the inevitable 1080p release on Blu Ray/HD DVD when the format is more standard and more popular.

Yes. You like Blu Ray. We get it.

Anyway, I cross posted this at Daizenshuu Ex, if that's okay. They're impressed that Madman are so upfront about the widescreen issue. But none of them have a clue what fatpacks are. Is the term not used in America?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
meh
You guys are gonna spend another $500 on this 480p set of DBZ and then when the HD formats are popular yet another $800 on the entire series.
Whatever makes you happy.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
Stuff.

Not at all. I plan on supporting DVDs for a very, very long time. And besides a few titles I already have everything I want on DVD, or avaliable to buy. I have no reason to upgrade and won't for a long while.

Also? "Another"? No. This will be the first time I've purchased the series.
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got a strange feeling that Funimation will not be releasing the full 1080p version of the show until the format wars is over between HD-DVD and blue-ray and we are not sure how long that war will last.

This version is pretty much complete, it is completely uncut (content wise) it has consistent English voices through out the series, it has consistent Japanese vice acting, as well as the original Japanese background music in 5.1 I believe and a bunch of new extras. The only downside is the widescreen representation of the show but I am over that any way. I have been waiting for this version of the show for over 12 years now. I donít have a HD TV nor am I planning of buying one any time soon, as to get a decent 1080p HD-TV you need to spend around 6000+ and I am not prepared to do that.

I think eventually Funimation will release a blue-ray or HD-DVD set of the series but I donít see it coming out for a good 4 to 5 years. At least I hope it doesnít as I donít want to get screwed again like I did with the ultimate uncut version where they stopped releasing the DVD quarter of the way through.
Limoch
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
meh
You guys are gonna spend another $500 on this 480p set of DBZ and then when the HD formats are popular yet another $800 on the entire series.
Whatever makes you happy.

Yes lets wait for atleast another 5-10 years for it.

Infact, better yet, let's just stop buying movies and everything because it'll eventually come out on HD/Bluray! Better yet, why don't we even skip that because the eventual holodisc/telepathic disc version will be hot on the heels of that too!

Maybe I want to own DBZ before I'm 30, it's not such a big deal.
Limoch
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SPIDERCARNAGE wrote:
I got a strange feeling that Funimation will not be releasing the full 1080p version of the show until the format wars is over between HD-DVD and blue-ray and we are not sure how long that war will last.

We won't be seeing any TV anime released stateside or in australia for a very long time as it is.

Quote:
original Japanese background music in 5.1 I believe

5.1 English dub with Japanese backing/SFX. Doubt there are still materials for a 5.1 Japanese release and I wouldn't want FUNimation to try (because it'd sound pretty bad to be honest).
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Limoch wrote:
[..]

5.1 English dub with Japanese backing/SFX. Doubt there are still materials for a 5.1 Japanese release and I wouldn't want FUNimation to try (because it'd sound pretty bad to be honest).

Yeah thatís what I was saying that we probably want be seeing it for ages, as for the music you are right from funimation official forum and DBZ Seazon 1 FAQ topic

For the first time, all 291 episodes of Dragon Ball Z will be presented consistently, meaning, we have brought back the FUNimation voice actors to the studio to record new lines throughout the Dragon Ball Z series. There are multiple options as to the type of play back:

1. English Voice track with Original Japanese Music - 5.1 Surround
2. English Voice Track with TV Broadcast Music
3. Japanese Voice Track with Original Music
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about the Dragon Ball Z Movies and the two specials, 'Bardock and History of Trunks' , are they going to be remastered as well?
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They don't need to be, so why ask such a stupid question they've already got good sound, the Japanese and English versions and all that.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Limoch wrote:
[..]

Yes lets wait for atleast another 5-10 years for it.

Infact, better yet, let's just stop buying movies and everything because it'll eventually come out on HD/Bluray! Better yet, why don't we even skip that because the eventual holodisc/telepathic disc version will be hot on the heels of that too!

Maybe I want to own DBZ before I'm 30, it's not such a big deal.

I havn't been buying DVD's for nearly 2 years because of Blu Ray and HD-DVD. Total waste of money to me now.
Goku's_Inner_Sayian
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This may sound stupid but whats a fatpack and what do they look like? PLese dont tell me there the dvds with the horrible silver "essential anime" "madman 10th aniversary" border on it. Embarassed
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goku's_Inner_Sayian wrote:
This may sound stupid but whats a fatpack and what do they look like? PLese dont tell me there the dvds with the horrible silver "essential anime" "madman 10th aniversary" border on it. Embarassed

It will be those style of cases, yes. But it won't have the tenth anniversary border, though.
Goku's_Inner_Sayian
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ty Gouki. thank god it wont have that border on it. i really dislike it. other than that, ultimatly i will be purchaseing this new remarsted edition simply because of the series haveing japanese voice over all the way throughtbut it really is a pain to have just recently completed the old boxset collections spending around a year and $100's of dollars on them and now to find out i have to fork out more money for the new realeses. should i even bother buying th DB boxsets or are there plans to remaster DB soon as well?
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goku's_Inner_Sayian wrote:
ty Gouki. thank god it wont have that border on it. i really dislike it. other than that, ultimatly i will be purchaseing this new remarsted edition simply because of the series haveing japanese voice over all the way throughtbut it really is a pain to have just recently completed the old boxset collections spending around a year and $100's of dollars on them and now to find out i have to fork out more money for the new realeses. should i even bother buying th DB boxsets or are there plans to remaster DB soon as well?

From what I read on the funimation forums there is fan support to re-master DB but I donít recall any confirmation form funimation on re-mastering DB.
krayzied
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is all good aslong as you guys are releasing season 1 part 2 and 3 if not you can buy them back off me or i will be looking at my rights and calling consumer affairs because i will be stuck with a dvd set that is incompete and cost me $180 to buy and is obselete
Goku's_Inner_Sayian
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
are there any pictures of the new fat pack boxes and the dbz artwork for them yet.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
krayzied wrote:
This is all good aslong as you guys are releasing season 1 part 2 and 3 if not you can buy them back off me or i will be looking at my rights and calling consumer affairs because i will be stuck with a dvd set that is incompete and cost me $180 to buy and is obselete

Well technically speaking you would be sgetting parts 2 and 3 anyway if you buy the first 2 sets that we are releasing.

Season 1 will contian episodes 1-39. Season 1 part 2 was originally going to contain eps 22-39 and Season 1 part 3 40-67 but now we have made season 1 part 3 the NEW season 2 set which will contain eps 40-74.

More episodes, and at a reduced costs then originally intended. There's really not alot ot be upset about. The only thing we are unable to offer are these episodes in 4:3, which we couldn't have anyway if we had gone with the season 1 part 2 and 3 releases only.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura, you are my hero and I admire you in every way. I am sorry about all the crap I said earlier, I will now take it all back. I canít wait.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to hear madman are actually going to release it all.
Something I'm deffinately looking forward to

Anime News Network Australia
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't wait to see the cover art.
klokwerk
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Breakdowns Reply with quote
Here is the breakdown (for sets 4 onward) that's currently floating around the net. It lists the set number, which sagas it contains and what episodes that corresponds to (this is the uncut 291 numbering):

Set 4: Garlic Jr, Trunks, Androids (108-139)
Set 5: Imperfect Cell, Perfect Cell, Cell Games (Part 1) (140-174)
Set 6: Cell Games (Part 2), Great Saiyaman (175-209)
Set 7: World Tournament, Babidi, Majin Buu (Part 1) (210-243)
Set 8: Majin Buu (Part 2), Fusion (Part 1) (244-265)
Set 9: Fusion (Part 2), Kid Buu (266-291)

This makes a lot of sense. There is a similar amount of episodes per set this way. Plus I made note of the following:
* Set 4 contains three shorter 'sagas' and doesn't break any up.
* Set 5 ends just as the lead-up to the Cell Games finishes, set 6 thus starts with the meat of the Cell Games.
* Set 6 ends with the Great Saiyaman saga - again not splitting it up.
* Set 7 ends just as Gohan retrieves the Z Sword
* Set 8 ends just as Buu devours Super Gotenks and becomes Super Buu. This leaves the 'Vegeto' stuff to be contained in Set 9 along with the Kid Buu saga that ends the series.

I know the 'saga' way of looking at things isn't always the smart thing to do, considering it's a breakdown of the series that Funimation came up with. However, this is a Funimation-made collection. Makes sense for them to break them up this way due to fans being used to it by now.

Also, I thought Funimation would rather break the last batch of episodes into two smaller sets, as opposed to a single 'bigger than normal' set. They get more money this way.

So, anyone think this breakdown is good? bad? wrong?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
These aren't official and nothing has been officially released about what the other sets will contain, so this is pure speculation at the moment.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting...seems quite a lot happened while I disappeared.
Not that I really care either way whether its released or not, but you know, whatever. Kudos to MM.
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
Interesting...seems quite a lot happened while I disappeared.
Not that I really care either way whether its released or not, but you know, whatever. Kudos to MM.

Werenít you one of the people who was against MM getting these sets and got into a huge flame war with popo over this issue?
plodski2004
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
<3 Madman. Saved me from importing. Thankfully I can finally buy one of my first great anime loves, that I've been putting off for years (excluding the movies), because of the lack of standardised DVDs.

same here man

these will be my first DBZ purchases

also if a couple of certain retro series get redone (cough tranformers and robotech cough) then all will be good with the world

what makes you think it takes a decade to tell a damm story

-obbessed rumiko fan

here is my collection which is evergrowing send me a message if you think i can add more to it https://www.madman.com.au/actions/collection.do?method=browse&customerId=14138
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SPIDERCARNAGE wrote:
[..]

Werenít you one of the people who was against MM getting these sets and got into a huge flame war with popo over this issue?

Incorrect. I wasn't against it. I was more "What's the point?". Oh, and I overreacted at times to annoy him, I spose...*confuddles self*
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you stinking bastards.. forcing us fans knowing some of us are needy enough to do this.. al your getting out of me is the completeed vegeta and namek.. the people at madman reallly need to pull their heads in ..
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Piccolo Daimoe wrote:
you stinking bastards.. forcing us fans knowing some of us are needy enough to do this.. al your getting out of me is the completeed vegeta and namek.. the people at madman reallly need to pull their heads in ..

Dude that's fine, as I've expalined we had originally only intedned to do the rest of vegeta saga and namek..but now you're getting MORE than what you would before had we gone with our previous release plans, no need to get angry over us giving you more.
Glove Slap
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
They don't need to be, so why ask such a stupid question they've already got good sound, the Japanese and English versions and all that.

My-oh-my, such hostility...

Really, there was NO NEED to reply with that tone. The guy asked a simple question, quite politely and you jump all over him calling his question stupid. Who are you to judge? so the guy doesn't have an extensive knowledge of anime releases because he has something better to do with his time, no need to take such a harsh tones. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if the situation was reversed.

Just because you have a large amount of posts doesn't mean you can go around acting like you know it all. Get off your high horse and maybe people around here will like you better.
(Glove slap, baby)
Glove slap, baby, glove slap!
Glove slap, I don't take crap!
Glove slap, shut your big yap.
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's not about giving us more. for those of us that already have the series on dvd.. this is nothing more than a huge pain in the butt can't afford to change over my whole collection to the new format just the series 1 including namek saga up to round ginyu saga thats 2 more at the most far as i can tell. thta's what i was shirty about..
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well you can join the list of people annoyed about the re releases of things such as NGE, Trigun and Bebop.
I'd rather have a chance to buy all of DBZ in one format, then have to result to mixing and matching.

Anime News Network Australia
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sadly everyone is missing my point here. we're talking about a series that has a huge amount of boxsets not a pissy sizxe like trigun or neon genesis it's SERIOUS money to collect a dbz collection.. hence my feelings.. but it's a mute point cause you guys at madman arn't milking money out of me more than season 1 and i'd expect other sour feelings.. more like opportunist than helping out us fans..
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a vacation I feel much more different on this subject, I suppose I should say. Early on I found it ridiculous they were bothering to do this, but since it doesn't really affect me, I honestly don't care anymore.
Clearing that up,

Quote:
it's SERIOUS money to collect a dbz collection.. hence my feelings..

Yes, but if you were patient to begin with, you would know, or at the very least hope, that a version, that is the same through and through, would come out. Unfortunately for me, I knew nothing about that at the time I began purchasing the DVD's, so that is my loss. If you have the rest of the series already, kudos to you. You only have to buy a bit more. If you don't have any of it, kudos as well. You can enjoy the new version.

Quote:
but it's a mute point cause you guys at madman arn't milking money out of me more than season 1

That's nice. However there are some people who have been waiting on this new release, and this is targeted at them, not the raging fans-who-bought-the-old-DVD's.

Quote:
and i'd expect other sour feelings

Those feelings can change. Earlier I was quite rabid about this, but opinions can change. Hopefully you'll change your views on this at a later time.

Quote:
more like opportunist than helping out us fans..

Actually, this IS helping out fans, as I mentioned before, the fans who WAITED for a release like this.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This was indeed an oppurtunity, an oppurtunity to finally have a consistent release of DBZ, something that's not been offered ever before. all 291 episodes all featuring the same language track and screen aspect ratio. As I've already mentioned, we can't release it in 4:3. It's impossible under the current set of circumstances.

These sets will be priced much lower than the current DBZ sets, so honestly di don't know how you are feeling upset about this apart from the fact that we can't do it in 4:3, which yes is something we would have liked to have done as well.

So lets sum it up for those who only wish to complete season 1:
You're going to be getting more episodes than the previously annoucned plans.

You are also going to be getting it at chepaer price.

I'm really confused as to how we are not providing fans the best possible option out of this scenario?
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
simply put it's a lot of money to change over if you can't understand that i can't help you
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And if you cant understand anything Slykura, I or anyone else has said, then we cant help you.

Nobody is FORCING you to buy these sets.
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this i know it's just the idea of another version it's called sympathy for other people that have bought it.. (man do i have to explain everything i say here)
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Piccolo Daimoe wrote:
(man do i have to explain everything i say here)

Yes, considering most of it is only the tip of what could be quite a decent sized iceberg.

You don't seem to like this version anyway, so why bother arguing about it? (If only I'd asked myself that before that five page massacre...)
I'm one of the people who bought most of the old versions. I don't feel sad. I don't need sympathy.
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's just that everyone in a while companies want to make a little more money out of a show that's finished and milk money out of the fans.. they should just have kept it all the same without dragging in the fans is all.. milking the fan base even at a discount is still milking..
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't got the original series yet...so I may end up getting this set.

Don't worry Sly, I like you, even if no one else does, lol.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey dont get me wrong nothing personal just finally have the whole thing in the old uncut version and now i find out you guys are making new ones with the new style.. pain the neck for us that have it already and that's about it.
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Piccolo Daimoe wrote:
hey dont get me wrong nothing personal just finally have the whole thing in the old uncut version and now i find out you guys are making new ones with the new style.. pain the neck for us that have it already and that's about it.

Dude I know where you are coming form, it happened to me with bebop remixed, I already owned the all 6 series DVDís as well as the movie and the best sessions DVD, but I sold my old set and got the new set. Now I know that DBZ is quite significantly larger series then bebop and will cost a lot more to replace but itís not really MMís fault. This new set is coming out because funimation wantís to milk the fans not MM.

MM was in quiet a ugly situation with the whole DBZ release as half the series was in English only, half was in dual audio, then when the first part of season 1 came out we had that in dual audio and the rest of the ultimate uncut series was dropped by funimation and if MM decided to stick and release the rest of season 1 and the namek saga we have it in widescreen. This way we are getting a consistent series all the way through the way it should have been released in the first place in my opinion but sadly that wasnít the case due to circumstances beyond MMís control.

The people who are really getting screwed are the American fans as they had a lot more releases then we have as they got half the series in English, then half in dual audio, then the first series that was in English only got re-released in dual audio but was edited then they got the uncut versions in English only (I believe) and then the ultimate uncut series came out and got dropped half way through for this set.

So be thankful that this is only the second time that DBZ is being released in Australia (I presume you live in Australia) as the Americans had it much worse then us.

Page 1 of 9

Jump to: