Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
DRAGON BALL Z UNCUT: THE DEFINITIVE REMASTERED RELEASE
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i'm pretty much only getting the next one cuase i've already got the rest of dbz in the other form and only need the namek saga to complete it.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy_damn wrote:
So.... is anyone else planning to buy these sets, just for the hell of it? They may have been sliced up but it's still DBZ damnit!

Even though there's so many faults, i'm planning to buy them all anyway Very Happy .

You sound exactly like the kind of person Funi was obviously aiming these sets towards.

Why give people what they want when you can give them a half arsed version and people will still buy it no matter how bad it is.
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hhe i'm hardly content with the format these ahve taken but i also know there is little point in fighting a battle where you can't realisticaly win of course i'm irritated at the widescreen but this way at the least i've plugged the hole. they arne't getting any more out of me than that..
Porunga
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Piccolo Daimoe wrote:
hhe i'm hardly content with the format these ahve taken but i also know there is little point in fighting a battle where you can't realisticaly win of course i'm irritated at the widescreen but this way at the least i've plugged the hole. they arne't getting any more out of me than that..

I admire the conviction (and purchasing foresight).

I'm a bit surly about the format, but I'm too much of a pansy to turn down the opportunity to finally own the rest of the adventures of Kuririn and Gohan in space.
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will laugh if Madman (FUNimation?) fail to finish this release too.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
klown911_2002 wrote:
I will laugh if Madman (FUNimation?) fail to finish this release too.

If they didn't finish it, I would walk to America, find FUNimation HQ, whip out my AK-47, open fire, then hunt down the King of FUNimation and shove every DBZ release they've ever done up his ***. Hopefully he would take the hint. If not then I'd write an angry letter or something...
Wish III - The first wish again except a billion times better
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy_damn wrote:
If they didn't finish it, I would walk to America, find FUNimation HQ, whip out my AK-47, open fire, then hunt down the King of FUNimation and shove every DBZ release they've ever done up his ***. Hopefully he would take the hint. If not then I'd write an angry letter or something...

Such a realistic way to solve the problem. Have a nice walk overseas

The simplest form of protest is to simply not buy the dvds. As long as they've got your money they could care less about angry letters or whatever.
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:
[..]

Such a realistic way to solve the problem. Have a nice walk overseas

The simplest form of protest is to simply not buy the dvds. As long as they've got your money they could care less about angry letters or whatever.

I was actually thinking about running there but then I might get hungry faster.

Me not buying the boxsets will not suddenly halt production and start a chain reaction resulting in people storming FUNimation ordering a definitive release! Would you really rather sit there like a douche and call not purchasing a really good show a form of protest? FUNimation would LAUGH IN YOUR FACE while rolling in millions upon millions of dollars! These boxsets are doing well because it is good value for the everyday consumer, a few fans problems is like losing one hair on FUNimations head while they still have 99,999 more! Unless you can magically talk to peoples minds and give a VALID point as to why they shouldn't buy this value pack, then you my friend....lose. Confused

But, I agree that this is FUNi's spit in our faces, and they are just rubbing it in. That is the difference between companies that look after certain people and those that could not give a damn, but want to sell their half ***ed product to everyone who in turn, do not give a damn about the product they are purchasing.
Furious Z
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy_damn wrote:
[..]

Me not buying the boxsets will not suddenly halt production and start a chain reaction resulting in people storming FUNimation ordering a definitive release! .....a few fans problems is like losing one hair on FUNimations head while they still have 99,999 more!

I agree with you, a small group of people not buying these boxsets is not going to halt the production, but your not seeing the big picture here. For arguments sake, lets say that 25% of DBZ fans love the widescreen boxset, 65% do not like it, and 10% are absolutley opposed to it and will not buy it. In this case, Funi would be looking at a figure of 75% of the DBZ fanbase disliking their product . Knowing that 3/4 of their consumers are not buying the product they would have to review and change the release to please the vast majority of their market. However, because the 65% of fans that do not like the widescreen are still buying the product, regardless of their dislike for it, Funi is now looking more at a figure of 90% of the fanbase liking these sets and only 10% disputing against it and not buying it.
Of course Funi are not going to be concerned if they believe they are appealing to the majority, when in fact they are only really pleasing a small minority. The fact is, many people are forced to buy these sets because they are affordable, all the episodes will be available consistantly and Funi is not offering an alternative to loyal fans who just want to own DBZ.

I, for one, have discontinued buying these sets because it is not the definitive release and it needs to be changed to the way DBZ WAS meant to be seen!!! - "Only when all contribute their firewood can we build up a strong fire"
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All these people who sign up and make their first posts on the forum; small essays in this thread make me wonder...

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After watching the trailer recently and releasing with the new dimensions for the frame and me having a 23 inch LCD tv, would it actually effect me still or not?
I mean they intend it for wider screens but the thought never crossed my mind honnestly until now.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We woudl have done that IF MASTERS EXISITED. Therefore it is impossible to release it/finish it off anyway. Uncut masters for season 1 and 2 masters (i.e. up to episode 67) never existed.
I hate to make a second post, but Sly you say the Masters DON'T EXSIST?
Ahem what about the old DVD releases for the dub version their are masters for them there granted there is no re-dubbed audio and stuff but there is at least the old footage from the previous seasons ocean did whilst it was under their banner and stuff when it wasn't altered to this newer wider format.

My idea might be a little off, but the thought just came to me now.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
After watching the trailer recently and releasing with the new dimensions for the frame and me having a 23 inch LCD tv, would it actually effect me still or not?
I mean they intend it for wider screens but the thought never crossed my mind honnestly until now.
Like any movie, you'll get black borders, moreso if you're not using a widscreen tv. Of course you can set your dvd to display 'widescreen' and it will instead stretch the image to fit your entire screen. Though if you're not running a widescreen tv, the image will appear squashed slightly, but I find it a small problem compared to having to deal with black borders all the time.

Mad Anime Fan wrote:
I hate to make a second post, but Sly you say the Masters DON'T EXSIST?
Ahem what about the old DVD releases for the dub version their are masters for them there granted there is no re-dubbed audio and stuff but there is at least the old footage from the previous seasons ocean did whilst it was under their banner and stuff when it wasn't altered to this newer wider format.
I'm pretty sure madman would get into crap if they used them under the uncut title. Basically madman likely were bound by contract to use what Funimation gave them, so by Sly saying they had no masters pretty much says that Funimation stopped making it on their end all together, and thus madman couldn't continue with the release.

Anime News Network Australia
FVD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
It is really good. The only thing I dislike is the opening song. I was hoping that it would be similar to the ultimate uncut special edition but it is a small price to pay.

I think the Ultimate Uncut opening theme was terrible. What they used for this edition was far more palatable.

Not liking these cropped pictures either. I mean I like the Widescreen format to such a degree. I like many of you agree that Funimation's handling of this has been quite poor. Not sure if I'm gonna bother buying these new sets actually.

I rate this next to George Lucas' multiple releases of Star Wars Trilogy. At least some fans got their Original Unaltered Trilogy. I for one liked some of the changes so yes I accepted some of the changes minus Hayden Christiansen appearing at the end of Jedi.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
for you guys that have been complaining about the audio track on the new dvd's for dbz.. there's an us themed track and for those of you that want to just plug the uncut hole in the 1st version this does just fine Smile and just today bought the second series so all done.. YAY!
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got the Namek saga. It is definitely an improvement to the original dub. I have no complaints about it. The sound track was heaps better. I will be interested to see what happens to series 2. I hope they keep this similar soundtrack.
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've checked the soundtrack from the other uncut version from ginyu saga onwards already.. it's basically the same all the series 1 and 2 do is bring it into line with the others.. bascially just repeating it over again
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
.........So how's that weather? Pretty mild and .......cloudy. Shocked
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just brought the Dragonball Z Remastered Season 2. 'Namek Saga' boxset.

And it didn't come with a booklet like the first boxset. The "Vegeta Saga" had.

Did any of you people recieve a booklet that lists all the Characters bio's, episodes, etc with the Namek boxset?
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nah me neither looks like we got screwed on that one.. bastards
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What can we do to get one, if any are made?
Piccolo Daimoe
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just email photo of our receipts
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But to who? And will they care?
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching all of Season Two and here is the gist of it. (I watched it with Dub Audio)

-GOOD- Very Happy
Arrow Cheap Cheep Cheeapp.
Arrow Fast Frame Rate. Battles are quicker and more greater.
Arrow No More Crummy UU Music. But only on the last 2 discs.

-BAD- Shocked
Arrow No Special Features. Just trailers for anime and textless songs.
Arrow Inconsistant Voices/Audio. From the start of the Ginyu Saga, the majority of voices revert back to the early Funimation recordings. And the music changes back to the original TV airing audio.
Arrow More Dub Audio Glitches. There was about two episodes where sound effects completely stopped while voices and music continued. WTF HAPPENED HERE!!?
Arrow No Booklet. I don't really care but its a luxury that disappeared.
Arrow Widescreen. Many reasons.

I cannot believe they didn't fix squat. Every second I watched this made me think of how rushed it seemed. Which doesn't make sense because I HAD TO WAIT SO LONG FOR THIS &^%&*$&$&*(*&)%)%. Anyway, that's just my opinion on it.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Were you really expecting anything more than that?

This version is cheap and you're getting what you paided for.

The ultimate uncut release cost more but it was worth the money in terms of quality. Or at least it would have been if they had ever finished releasing it.
phoman
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone know when season 3 (frieza saga) will be released??? im eagerly awaiting.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
February.
goku69
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[ The ultimate uncut release cost more but it was worth the money in terms of quality. Or at least it would have been if they had ever finished releasing it.[/quote]

I agree I bought the 1st season widescreen and absolutley hated it I won't buy anymore DVD's unless they finish the ultimate uncut release.
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A lot of people in this thread have Dragonball related names.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
George wrote:
A lot of people in this thread have Dragonball related names.

Champion of Justice, Great SaiyamanMS has appeared to save the day! *pose* Razz

So, Feburary is when we get season 3, huh? Looking forward to it. Still don't like the widescreen, but overall these things are the best English DBZ releases there are in my opinion.

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Itachigotchi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey im new. does anyone know why the classifications are different between the uncut collection and the new remastered uncut version.

has it been re-translated or has the classification standard just changed?
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stoss wrote:
hey im new. does anyone know why the classifications are different between the uncut collection and the new remastered uncut version.

has it been re-translated or has the classification standard just changed?

The translated subtitles are the same as before, and the dub dialogue hasn't changed either. The only real changes are the video being 'remastered' and cropped and a new option to have the dub with Japanese BGM.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Itachigotchi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="SaiyamanMS"][..]

The translated subtitles are the same as before, and the dub dialogue hasn't changed either. The only real changes are the video being 'remastered' and cropped and a new option to have the dub with Japanese BGM.[/quote]

Thanks.
Itachigotchi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
haha... sorry about that. i AM new.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, also... Another change in the Ginyu and Freeza sagas...

Some of the English voice actors have re-recorded their lines so they sound more consistant with the rest of the series (you can easily tell who's been re-recorded, Vegeta and Krillin have been re-recorded and sound a lot like they currently do, while Goku's lines are the same recordings from 1999 and he sounds a little stiff). Although the lines themselves haven't changed for the most part.

holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Oh, also... Another change in the Ginyu and Freeza sagas...

Some of the English voice actors have re-recorded their lines so they sound more consistant with the rest of the series (you can easily tell who's been re-recorded, Vegeta and Krillin have been re-recorded and sound a lot like they currently do, while Goku's lines are the same recordings from 1999 and he sounds a little stiff). Although the lines themselves haven't changed for the most part.

Yeah, Goku has a speedracer voice. He sounds amateurish like when Vegeta kills Recoome and Burter and he just says 'Hey stop!'
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, question... Funimation have stated that they'll be releasing the "remastered" movies and TV specials as double features on DVD, with the "Dub with Japanese BGM" option. Will Madman release these as well as the season sets?

Despite already owning the original releases of all the movies and TV specials (and that means BOTH versions of "Dead Zone"), I'd totally buy the remastered versions of all of them simply for the sake of the dub with Japanese music track.

(Yes, even despite the fact that the Ocean dub DVDs of movies 1-3 have Japanese music, I'd still buy the movies for the Funimation Cast with Japanese music. >_>)

holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Ok, question... Funimation have stated that they'll be releasing the "remastered" movies and TV specials as double features on DVD, with the "Dub with Japanese BGM" option. Will Madman release these as well as the season sets?

I don't see why not. Madman have released nearly everything FUNi has handed to them. Personally I like the Dub BGM a lot more as the Japanese music doesn't have that rockbandesque style that suits DBZ. So I'm hoping it comes with the same options as these Season Sets.

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Despite already owning the original releases of all the movies and TV specials (and that means BOTH versions of "Dead Zone"), I'd totally buy the remastered versions of all of them simply for the sake of the dub with Japanese music track.

(Yes, even despite the fact that the Ocean dub DVDs of movies 1-3 have Japanese music, I'd still buy the movies for the Funimation Cast with Japanese music. >_>)

I too have both Dead Zones. Cheers to non-stop purchases of DBZ!!
gogetatenks43.v2
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same goes here, I got the original on VHS Razz

I recently got Season 2 (soon to get season 1) and have encountered a problem. I went play all and during the fourth episode I fell asleep. When I woke up The DVD had stopped and it would not play again. I'd take the DVD out of my player and it would not load. It happened earlier that morning but when I left my DVD player and the disc out of it for a while it worked straight away that night. Has anyone encountered the problem or can tell me what I can do about it?
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy_damn wrote:

Arrow Fast Frame Rate. Battles are quicker and more greater.

What?

"battles' run the exact same ammount of time and 'greater' wait why bother.
holy_damn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
gogetatenks43.v2 wrote:
Same goes here, I got the original on VHS Razz

I recently got Season 2 (soon to get season 1) and have encountered a problem. I went play all and during the fourth episode I fell asleep. When I woke up The DVD had stopped and it would not play again. I'd take the DVD out of my player and it would not load. It happened earlier that morning but when I left my DVD player and the disc out of it for a while it worked straight away that night. Has anyone encountered the problem or can tell me what I can do about it?

Lol you fell asleep?

Well ive had a few problems with these discs but usually I just try a different DVD player and presto it works.
So yeah just look for some sort of workaround.

Instel wrote:
What?

"battles' run the exact same ammount of time and 'greater' wait why bother.

Yeah the battles are the same amount of time it's just that compared with before they run a lot smoother so there's more frames displayed on screen while it's hapenning.
And by 'greater' I mean 'better to watch'.
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy_damn wrote:
same amount of time it's just that compared with before they run a lot smoother so there's more frames displayed on screen while it's hapenning.

They run at the same 'smoothness', you're simply nitpicking for positive, misinformed things to say.
Mullane
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: mm Reply with quote
It enrages me greatly that the marathon feature was removed thanks to some authoring decisions made by madman. It was a defining feature that persuaded me to purchase these cropped sets.

Hopefully they release further sets with this feature well and truly in-tact.
goku69
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EZYDVD have the Widescreen(cropped) boxsets for $39.95 each already., must not be selling to good.
danman_13
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just randomly thinking about the remastered the other day and came up with a theory as to why it was released the way it was. I got it down to target audience. They tried to please everyone instead on one particular audience.

Obviously there are other reasons involving the remastered release being how it is, but i think that targeted audience was to broad on top of the other reasons. If you don't have a target audience it will inevitably not perform to standards.

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track here or if its already been said. but im not going through 8 pages of forums to check XD
rkd
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do Madman have whatever is needed to release blu-ray? I don't want to have to buy the movies when they come out only to discover that they are being re-released on blu-ray a couple of months later.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're planning to release an anime in blu-ray, so in a way, yes they have whats neccessary to produce them.
But having the DBZ movies on blu-ray certainly wont be anytime soon I don't think. The blu-ray market needs to be tested first, and that's set for another irrelevant title to try.

Anime News Network Australia
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got my copy of the Remastered collection season 1 today.

Love that it has the original eye catchers and the japanese audio (I much prefer the japanese actors).

However, and from what I've seen in this thread I'm thinking it may be true, but it what I've seen on a few other sites true, that this remastered version has ended up cropping out some of the original footage?

I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's not something I noticed, but I'm just curious (And slightly annoyed that I may have again purchased DBZ release that is flawed in some way)
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes these so called Definitive Remasters are cropped versions of the original. So basically the show was made in the full frame 4:3 ratio and Funimation have cropped it into a pretend widescreen release.

So while they can claim that it is uncensored it is not uncut.

We can only hope that someday they will finish a proper 4:3 release of the series. As in the original Ultimate Uncut re-release that they started for season 1 but never finished.
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, damn, guess that would be why madman had it cheap on a recent newsletter >.<;
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Page 8 of 9

Jump to: