Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

New Releases 2007

New Releases 2007
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: New Releases 2007 Reply with quote
Sent an email to Madman about any of the other movies and this was the reply
Hi David,

Hope you are well

You are very observant – nice one.- and your timing is spot on as I was just looking into this today.

Expect to see some more monster films this year – I can’t say which exactly right now because we literally closed a deal verbally about an hour ago and nothing is officially signed
but it is safe to say that other monsters will emerge from the Eastern Eye sea before too long.
Thanks again

Best Regards,
Garry Seven- Brand Manager

EASTERN EYE - LIVE ACTION ASIAN CINEMA

www.easterneye.com.au

Great news hey
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully the Gamera films, which would be nice. I got the 1990's R2 box set, but the the Showa boxes were a little too expensive, and now they're out of print. Hopefully the 1980 film will be released as well, it wasn't subbed on the R2 disc.

Although, EE could just have the Korean film "The Host", which'd be nice too.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:

Although, EE could just have the Korean film "The Host", which'd be nice too.

You should really subscribe to our newsletters Smile
Max
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
Hopefully the Gamera films, which would be nice.

Agreed!

I am dying to get my slimy claws on the Heisei trilogy from the 1990s, but I wanted to wait and see if Madman would release them instead of importing the R1 or 2 sets. Madman's releases usually top these in terms of quality, or in the latter's case, the added fact that they have english subtitles.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Max wrote:
I am dying to get my slimy claws on the Heisei trilogy from the 1990s, but I wanted to wait and see if Madman would release them instead of importing the R1 or 2 sets.
Both the R1 and R2 sets are out of print. The newish mega Gamera box R2 set with all the Gamera films minus the Gamera the Little Braves movie doesn't have English subtitles unlike the old Heisei box. But at least the R1 DVDs seems to be in stock at a lot of places. Note however that the first film in R1 is letterboxed 4:3 rather than 16:9 like the R2.
redracer
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do know that the Gamera films were in the negotiating process, so hopefully that is the series that has just been signed up for sure Very Happy
nicecubes
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to see Biollante...The Gamera Trilogy...and the new Mothra Trilogy. I have compared the MADMAN DVDs to both the US releases and the Original TOHO releases..and the ones I have seen are superior in detail, color and are just brilliant! The G vs DESTROYER DVD was so much better than the TOHO dvd that it was like seeing the movie for the first time.Keep up the great work!
darthzilla99
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
redracer wrote:
I do know that the Gamera films were in the negotiating process, so hopefully that is the series that has just been signed up for sure Very Happy

Is that just the 90s gamera films or was that all of the gamera films? Because it would own if madman got the showa gamera films subbtitled since me being an american fan, we only have the public domain stuff to watch.
J.R.
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about English ripoff Gorgo (I just ordered this from the US, and can't wait to see it, it has been years!!!)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: