Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Ask Dr_Tan!

Ask Dr_Tan!
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Ask Dr_Tan! Reply with quote
To one and all. My apologies !

So early last year I start this thread so listeners could ask me (Dr_Tan) question, and I would in turn, try to answer them in the podcast.

Well I think I did it once or twice, then amazingly.... I forgot....... Confused

Yes Dr_Tan forgot his own discussion thread. Shocked So people posted questions which were never answered. Sad and for that I am truly sorry.

I can only say that Transformers is a hell of a drug... ah I mean show and project to work on. (don't do drugs kiddies) So now. In 2008, I will endeavour to get back to the snacktime job.

So if anyone still even looks at this post... please send me your questions and I'll try my best to answer them... (I hope)...i'm getting old.

Dr_Tan

Hiya All.

Well its been a long time coming but here is a thread finally dedicated to "Asking Dr_Tan"

If there are any series that you wish to know about or are in need of suggestions of titles to watch, then by all means ask away.

I'll endeavour to do my best to answer your questions.

Each month I'll collect the questions and try to answer as many as I can on the next Snacktime!

Dr_Tan Very Happy

Last edited by Dr_TaN on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This question might be a bit hard.

Has there been any news on when 12 kingdoms series may restart production ,because as we all know the series gets cut off at the end, the reason being that the series caught up the novels at that point. Many of the fans of this show would like to know if they will ever do the last part of the series.

Maybe someone, or some company Wink , should give them a nudge

Last edited by Timesplitter 01 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I got a question, I recently read on the MM forum that that MM got the license for Beck M.C.S has there been any dates set for the release of this series, and has there been any plans on acquiring the license for the OST’s?
ff7_freak
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i know this is a bit old but is there any chance of madman realeaing the gundam seed astray manga series. it would be good as it coplements the series very well
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I personally would like to ask Dr Tan this if you could pick an older Gundam Series for Madman to accquire and release wich one would it be and why?(Includes OVAs or short series)
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who killed Kaji?
ff7_freak
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for answering my question
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got my copy of Cyber City oedo 808 last night and that “discussion” of the Manga VHS days in episode 13 brought so many memories and nostalgia back, which brings this question to my mind:

Dr_TaN Dose Madman have any plans on releasing Mad Bull 34 on DVD? As my VHS tapes are quiet worn out.
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Question: Is it possible that Madman may consider releasing the original, uncut edition of Cardcaptor Sakura on DVD sometime in the future? There have been a fair few people asking for it, and if Madman were to release all three series, 70 episodes total, and both movies, I speculate that they would sell fairly well, if not as well as something like Gundam or GitS. It was kiddified beyond reasonable belief when it was released as Cardcaptors, and I think it may reach a larger audience if it was released uncut. There is a fairly large fanbase on the internet at the moment, and there is a large amount of illegal fansubbed copies of Cardcaptor Sakura bouncing around the Internet. I believe that Animax released Cardcaptor Sakura some time ago. I'm thinking that because Cardcaptors was stopped mid-release and didn't really get a fair go, the fans, including myself, would be more than happy to purchase a full collection of the uncut Cardcaptor Sakura.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I have another question for Dr Tan.
Short and simple

Dear anime snacktime mob.
Would Madman ever or are considering trying to accquire Makai Senki Disgaea or Netherworld Battle Chronicle Disgaea, as it is an anime I would like to see as being a fan of both the games, there is a dub version out there I beleive, so I just wanted to ask?

(got to keep Dr Tan busy:P)
Rhiannon
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, apologies if it as. But i'm a bit lazy to read it all.

So, Dr Tan, does MM plan to release "Kyo Kara Maoh!: God(?) Save Our King Season Two" on dvd? I very much loved season one, so therefor hope MM does release it. >< Because MM did realise S1, And GENEON has released it in the U.S now. <33

Please & Thank You.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Takayanagi
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey I was just wondering since Madman is releasing the Fushigi Yugi manga, wether or not they plan to release the anime?
"This muffin could conquer the world! Do not underestimate the power of the muffin. The muffin will smite all those who question it. The muffin will crush all nay sayers! He who controls the muffin controls the entire world!" ~ Taichi Comic Party
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ozghost
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhiannon wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, apologies if it as. But i'm a bit lazy to read it all.

So, Dr Tan, does MM plan to release "Kyo Kara Maoh!: God(?) Save Our King Season Two" on dvd? I very much loved season one, so therefor hope MM does release it. >< Because MM did realise S1, And GENEON has released it in the U.S now. <33

Please & Thank You.

Hi I also popped in to ask this very question as well. We must know what happens to Yuri! Smile
Rhiannon
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ozghost wrote:
[..]

Hi I also popped in to ask this very question as well. We must know what happens to Yuri! Smile

It's been three weeks. Dr_Tan is a snob. Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ozghost
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, hopefully we'll find out in the next snacktime. I watched vol 9 last night and frreaked when the last episode left everything hanging in the air, as I'd been looking forward to watching it for ages Surprised
x.anime-obsession.x
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soul Master Kaze wrote:
Question: Is it possible that Madman may consider releasing the original, uncut edition of Cardcaptor Sakura on DVD sometime in the future? There have been a fair few people asking for it, and if Madman were to release all three series, 70 episodes total, and both movies, I speculate that they would sell fairly well, if not as well as something like Gundam or GitS. It was kiddified beyond reasonable belief when it was released as Cardcaptors, and I think it may reach a larger audience if it was released uncut. There is a fairly large fanbase on the internet at the moment, and there is a large amount of illegal fansubbed copies of Cardcaptor Sakura bouncing around the Internet. I believe that Animax released Cardcaptor Sakura some time ago. I'm thinking that because Cardcaptors was stopped mid-release and didn't really get a fair go, the fans, including myself, would be more than happy to purchase a full collection of the uncut Cardcaptor Sakura.

I would definatly purchase them if they were un-cut, as you are suggesting! *looks at Madman staff hopefully*
TzeroM
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd like to know if Madman are planning to release any more retro sci-fi / cyberpunk type anime in the future?
More old Kawajiri stuff would be great, as i've really enjoyed Cyber City Oedo 808.
And yeah, more 80's and 90's ultra violent anime would be cool too! Very Happy
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is madman bringing back the empty box ordering system?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Is madman bringing back the empty box ordering system?

Please don't cross post when there's already another topic about this.
Jack21
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
[..]

Were is this topic?
I hope they do bring it back.
SPIDERCARNAGE
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
goannaj wrote:
[..]

Were is this topic?
I hope they do bring it back.

It's in the Madman Production & Technical forum
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
[..]

Sly sorry to be a smart arse but.....

Firstly. That question I asked is just as pointless as the question about "Who killed Kaji?" (Sorry Nargun) given that only one person in the whole world knows the anwser and he aint telling and that question got a RESPONSE (not anwser) to.

Secondly, I dont care about my previous question not making the cut but I do get annoyed when stupid questions that will never have an anwser to them getting aired. I know it was probably for laughs but it was stupid in my opinion.

Thirdly, If you look at the time/date I actually posted that question before your reponse and also I didnt know that topic even existed before you said that to me. Furthermore I have been waiting for a few empty boxes myself and wanted an answer to my post however stupid you think it is. Most of us customers have been waiting a long time for this to come back.

Fourthly, Hows it a cross post when I have not posted in the other thread.

You can anwser this post via PM.

Can we now get back on topic please.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
Ok I have another question for Dr Tan.
Short and simple

Dear anime snacktime mob.
Would Madman ever or are considering trying to accquire Makai Senki Disgaea or Netherworld Battle Chronicle Disgaea, as it is an anime I would like to see as being a fan of both the games, there is a dub version out there I beleive, so I just wanted to ask?

(got to keep Dr Tan busy:P)
I'ld like to submit this question again or alternatively.
Would Madman ever accquire or look in to accquiring Gundam SEED Astray the manga side story series of Gundam SEED?
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
I'ld like to submit this question again or alternatively.
Would Madman ever accquire or look in to accquiring Gundam SEED Astray the manga side story series of Gundam SEED?

I can answer that. They did. I've got the third volume. It's pretty good. Go check it out on the catalogue.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soul Master Kaze wrote:
[..]

I can answer that. They did. I've got the third volume. It's pretty good. Go check it out on the catalogue.
In that case I withdraw the Gundam SEED Astray Manga questions.
*Dashes off to pre-orders the first 3 manga books*
Dr_TaN
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Dr_Tan apologises... My old age... who what where? Reply with quote
To one and all. My apologies !

So early last year I start this thread so listeners could ask me (Dr_Tan) question, and I would in turn, try to answer them in the podcast.

Well I think I did it once or twice, then amazingly.... I forgot....... Confused

Yes Dr_Tan forgot his own discussion thread. Shocked So people posted questions which were never answered. Sad and for that I am truly sorry.

I can only say that Transformers is a hell of a drug... ah I mean show and project to work on. (don't do drugs kiddies) So now. In 2008, I will endeavour to get back to the snacktime job.

So if anyone still even looks at this post... please send me your questions and I'll try my best to answer them... (I hope)...i'm getting old.

Dr_Tan
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still read it.
It's a thread that kind of deserved attention, but just died off...

Anyway I don't have much to contribute, but eh.

How about your fave of the Brave metaseries, eg GaoGaiGar or any of the others?(even though I get the feeling you like 1-2 others, are a GaoGaiGar fan, correct me if I'm wrong though in the next podcast, if you decide to answer my one)

Here is hoping someone else decides to post here also, I'ld hate to be the sole contributor.

Last edited by Mad Anime Fan on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which Coke is your favourite?
Dr_TaN
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks to George & Mad Anime Fan

My fav coke is well... coke.. normal stuff.... out of a glass bottle preferably.

maf, i'll answer in the podcast.

thanks
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool my question will be answered in the podcast.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For next podcast:

If you had a choice as to pick any series for Madman to release, that they haven't yet or in the forseeable future arent going to, what would it be and why? Only limitation is that it's one show but it can be any series be it OoP/expired licence/whatever (if the magics will allow such thing in this hypothetical question)
Zippy Wonderdog
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why does Madman release volumes every other month? Is it just so that fans won't mortage their homes trying to get everything they want all at once or is it for some other business reason?

Some places are far darker than deep space.

Tales of MU. High fantasy, higher education.
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zippy Wonderdog wrote:
Is it just so that fans won't mortage their homes trying to get everything they want all at once

I think some people have done that.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few questions:

1) Is the anime snack team (NOT MADMAN) happy with the result of the High Def format wars???

2) Will we ever see a anime block on cartoon network ever again???

3) Is madman going to look into getting some (or more) Yuri anime's
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would madman look into Kannazuki no Miko?

Seeing as thats the only full yuri series i know of thats had a dub, plus its got mecha, so you have two demographics Very Happy :p

I don't know of many older yuri shows that have been licenced that arent in the Adults Only category Wink
d.v_3
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sprry for reviving this prehistoric thread but i have a question that i will love to hear be answered in the next podcast:

Will madman ever consider Zoids Chaotic Century as a DVD release????????

I know i got a few people saying no but i wouldnt mind it being mentioned in a podcast or something Smile
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey Dr.Tan, is there any plans to finish off Kyo kara Maoh & twelve kingdoms..

Any news on other gundam series old and new..

Is there any plan to bring some of the the older anime out circa 1970's, what about previously released vhs anime titles gracing a r4 dvd release..

what about zoids, is there any plans for madman to get this franchise as I don't trust magna pacific's releases..
astro98
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a qeustion!

If theres an anime that has not been released in America or the UK, so there for has'nt got a dub, could madman still release it and make their own subtitles for it?
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
hey Dr.Tan, is there any plans to finish off Kyo kara Maoh

I'd really like to know the answer to black-op's query as well.

Last edited by Travku on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's all there is of twelve kingdoms. only the 45 eps.
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd very much like to know if or when twelve will be completed, being a slow series such at it is i want to see the anime completed if possible, I hate half arsed released anime series...

I woiuld also like to see some more of the vhs back catalog released aswell..
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What madman has is what is available anywhere, as that is what is all was created. Take it up with the producers and such of the show Razz
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is episode 41 of Anime Snacktime? Episode 40 was posted on 25/06/09 almost two months ago.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Could Snacktime discuss Madman's position in regards to whether they are considering licensing Clannad, Clannad After Story as well as the You're Under Arrest Series for an R4 release?
Thanks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: