Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Bleach Manga Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Bleach Manga Discussion
Author
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ending? the ending hasn't even been planned out and there's lot's more to look at in the world of Bleach, a number of unanswered questions with characters and what about the sub dimension with the king? a while to go imo
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A shame, Bleach would go down as arguably my favourite anime of all time if it had of ended after the Soul Society arc, but now it's just getting too long and unweildy. Especially with no end in sight.

Ah well, maybe one day there will be VizBig editions. I'd happily get 7 of the, and just pretend the series ends at 20. Hell if the DVDs had more peisodes on them I'd be getting the first "three seasons" too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rafira
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
A shame, Bleach would go down as arguably my favourite anime of all time if it had of ended after the Soul Society arc, but now it's just getting too long and unweildy. Especially with no end in sight.

Tell me about it. I finally ended watching it at ep 90, It got to the point where I'd have it playing and go do something else and come back and still know what's going on...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rafira wrote:
Tell me about it. I finally ended watching it at ep 90, It got to the point where I'd have it playing and go do something else and come back and still know what's going on...

I gave up during the Bount arc. And while I've been attempting to keep up with whats going on, i just don't have the time to read all the Hueco Mondo, Arrancar Esparada etc stories. I've got alot of others comics and novels I need to read that I'm far more invested in and are a lot shorter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rafira
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
[..]

I gave up during the Bount arc. And while I've been attempting to keep up with whats going on, i just don't have the time to read all the Hueco Mondo, Arrancar Esparada etc stories. I've got alot of others comics and novels I need to read that I'm far more invested in and are a lot shorter.

yeah, that's where I gave up. It just wasn't interesting anymore, and I have to admit even the Soul Society arc dragged along in some places for me.

That's why I prefer 12/24/~50 ep series- I get a conclusion after a set amount of eps, and then I can move on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rafira wrote:
yeah, that's where I gave up. It just wasn't interesting anymore, and I have to admit even the Soul Society arc dragged along in some places for me.

That's why I prefer 12/24/~50 ep series- I get a conclusion after a set amount of eps, and then I can move on.

I have no problem with an indetermined amount of episodes, it's just that a show like Bleach is filled to the brim with filler. And if it's not filler, it's flashbacks to last episode, or a Bankai animation that goes on forever and so on. Only about 40% of the show is really worth watching and should be kept in (admittedly when it's good, it is very bloody good) and thats not anywhere near a good enough percentage.

I'm really hoping for a Bleach Kai one day.

Japan needs to learn how to balance filler with arc or not adapt currently ongoing publications or make them stand on their own two feet like Western comic adaptions. They should take some cues from Live Action Western shows (Buffy, Alias, Angel, Farscape, X-Files, etc.) and animated shows (Avatar, Transformers Animated, Justice League/Unlimited, Beast Wars, etc.).
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know those are really crappy examples since none of them are actually direct adaptions from previous source material.

They can't really compare with adaptions of US style comics since they rely on more or less self-contained story arcs rather than ongoing stories that are more common in manga. Even shows like Bleach which are subdivided into 'arcs' they are generally still highly contingent on what has gone before.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knight of L-sama wrote:
You know those are really crappy examples since none of them are actually direct adaptions from previous source material.

That was my point. Maybe direct adaptions aren't the way to go. And I didn't say they were. I was simply saying they can all manage an arc and filler well. Anime struggles to do this, even when given a pre-determined number of episodes.

Which is why I suggested direct adaptions aren't always the way to go, or to let the manga get alot further ahead than they normally would so that the horrible pacing isn't so much of an issue.

Quote:
They can't really compare with adaptions of US style comics since they rely on more or less self-contained story arcs rather than ongoing stories that are more common in manga.

o rly? It's interesting you would say that. It's a little more apt now due to the instability of writers at the moment, but there are a ridiculous number of comics that have long, on going, complicated stories. And when they are adapted the fat is trimmed.

Quote:
Even shows like Bleach which are subdivided into 'arcs' they are generally still highly contingent on what has gone before.

Yeah and the arcs are ridiculously long and filled with crap that doesn't need to be there at all. Both filler and 'suspense.'
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
they have to add filer to creat distance between the manga and anime so the anime dosent catch up and u shuld try watching after the bount arc it gets good again
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oscilator wrote:
they have to add filer to creat distance between the manga and anime so the anime dosent catch up and u shuld try watching after the bount arc it gets good again

Way to miss the point. I'm well aware of the point of filler. And I'm well aware that is supposedly gets good again. My point was it's not interesting enough to justify the length or repetition.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
they should probably stop showing shows every week, shows in America only go for less than half a year but still do well, if Japan stopped making anime weekly, maybe have them bi-weekly instead I reckon animation would improve and we wouldn't catch up to the manga so quickly making annoyingly pointless filler a thing of the past except in extreme cases
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:
they should probably stop showing shows every week, shows in America only go for less than half a year but still do well, if Japan stopped making anime weekly, maybe have them bi-weekly instead I reckon animation would improve and we wouldn't catch up to the manga so quickly making annoyingly pointless filler a thing of the past except in extreme cases

Don't count on that. The Bleach manga comes out weekly but the anime has an impressively high compression rate. Right Arm of the Giant and Princess and the Dragon were both done in 2 episodes despite spanning 2 volumes of the manga (approximately 14 chapters, or three and a half months worth).
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heh! I just saw spoilers for Chapter 361. Stark/Lillinette gattai Shocked Very Happy
razor053
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:

yeah totally agree there.
a 26 episode season a year wouldve been great.
im so over filler in naruto atm god damn its dragging on, stuff yuukimaru that little wuss as well, naruto filler arcs are so lame it hurts
thank god one piece hasnt had a filler arc for a while, though reborn! is starting to get annoying with the shortness of the episodes cause of recaps
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soi Fons bankai was lame :/ hopefully the rest are better, also don't like how they will kind of pull out some secret weapon and then the battle ends just like that, what happened to the good ole days of Bleach where a secret weapon would come out but they'd still need to fight with it without it being a 1 hit win?
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:
what happened to the good ole days of Bleach where a secret weapon would come out but they'd still need to fight with it without it being a 1 hit win?

Tite is lazy. Can't wait to see Ukitakes or Shunsui release, should be big considering they are versing an Espada who has something different for his release process, and guns as his weapon. Not only that they are both the only users of dual swords.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This week's chapter was pretty epic. Surely, Ukitake and Kyoraku can't be dead. We haven't seen their Bankai's yet, if I recall. And Barragan and Hallibel still being alive seems rather unfair.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
Surely, Ukitake and Kyoraku can't be dead. We haven't seen their Bankai's yet, if I recall.

Nah we haven't seen their Bankai yet, and I don't think they will die either, if you remember there is still Hachigen (Pink haired, big guy) from the Vizard who is a healer/time reverser. But lets just hope the Vizard choose the Soul Society's side, not Aizen's. I really don't want Ukitake to die, he is my favourite Captain.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
all I can say is it's about time Razz

they didn't die, just got pwnt a little Razz they'll get up and shrug it off, well maybe not so much Ukitake >.>

the Vizard won't choose either side, they'll just stay on their own side as they've always done, though I can't see how you'd think they'd go onto Aizen's side :S

Halibel and Barragan was obvious, i've long since learnt to assume that everyone's alive unless you specifically see them die, of which we didn't in this case, we only saw Halibel get covered in ice and Barragan get shot with a missile (such a cr@ppy bankai >.<) but not actually die, maybe that's why they were 'one hit kills' cuz they didn't actually kill them
razor053
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bout time the vizard showed up, though i have to admit i got so wrapped up with what was already happening that i totally forgot about them lol.

really cant wait to see the vizard pawn, though i am almost just as interested to see how ichigo and the gang square off against yammy,

Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly but, there isn't much progression going on, we have been in this arc for ages, only now are we getting somewhere, it started way back when Kiba, Kira and the rest were protecting the pillars. And then not only that with Ichigo's new hollow level or whatever it is, he is going to have to train or something to use that again.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the same could be said of the Hueco Mundo arc
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
latest chapter was awesome! Surprised let me check...nope, not a single bit of fighting Laughing ah, sweet chapter, sadly it may go back to random boring fighting next chapter Sad

I was right about them being on their own side Razz and it looks like SS may not know about Ichigo's Hollow seeing as Yamamoto was pondering over Shinji's mentioning of Ichigo, strange considering Rukia knows and assumedly Renji and others

that ch was so good I feel like picking up the anime again, even if I am up to the Arrancar Arc fillers Laughing
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Best parts of the chapter were

1) The look on Yamamoto's face when the Vizard show up

2) Shunsui and Lisa's reunion. Not quite what I expected, Lisa was a bit more tsuntusn than I anticipated. Now we really need Nanao to show up.

And I'd say next chapter we're likely to go back to Hueco Mundo. We've got a Yammy fight waiting to happen.(Please let Unohana be the one to fight him)
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, Kyoraku is alive. But I wonder about Ukitake...

Tragically, I don't think we'll find out for a while.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
So, Kyoraku is alive. But I wonder about Ukitake...

Like I said Hachigen is down there now too, he is bound to save them, and if Kyoraku is playing dead I'm sure Ukiatke will be too. What about Wonderweiss, do you think he talks to the Menos or something, like he has the ability to control them?

There is just so much going on, and so many things Tite Kubo can go into or back too, for example Ichigo's friends being able to see hollows and stuff, but I want to finish this arc before we move onto the next, at least this arc is getting better now.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bleach has been in a constant state of up and down for a while down, it was down for all of Hueco Mundo arc till around when Ichigo and Grimmjow fought, it kept strong as that was around the time some of those annoying fights started to end, Nel transformed and the Gotei 13 attacked, then we had the awesome Turn Back the Pendulum Arc (who else thought it would actually go for 108 chapters? Laughing I wish it had Sad ) then the current arc started strong, was ok for a bit, started to slowly but surely grate, then it went back up again when it went back to Hueco Mundo, it went epically high when Hollow Ichigo came back but then when we came back to Earth it started to go down again, grate, grate, more grate then finally the Vizard show up and it's going back up, so yea, in conclusion very up and down it has been for the past year or so

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: