Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

New Bleach Arc Character design guessing game! Spoiler pics!

New Bleach Arc Character design guessing game! Spoiler pics!
Author
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: New Bleach Arc Character design guessing game! Spoiler pics! Reply with quote
Major Anime spoilers ahoy! But I'm not actually putting spoiler tags on because everything so far has been cribbed (often second and third hand) from information in advertising and press releases in Japan.

It was announced on the episode airing most recently in Japan that Bleach is entering a new filler arc (see the next episode trailer) and that it's going to be focusing on the spirits of the shinigami's zanpaktou. This week's Shounen Jump has released character designs as part of their ads.

Some of them are obvious, some of them are not. (The first page is the most obvious) My guesses are:

All right the episode has aired and the ending credits have a handy guide matching up most of them their shinigami.

1st page
Lady in White: Sode no Shirayuki Right
Samurai guy next to her: Senbonzakura Right
Perky Bee Girl: Suzemebachi Right
Black Guy right up the back: Okay... no idea. All right turns out it's Shinikaze
Green-haired guy in blue with frozen hand: Hyorinmaru Right
Little girl infront of him: Tobiume Right
Baboon-woman and Snake-boy: Zabimaru Right
Cat lady next to snake boy: Haineko Right
Emo guy next to cat lady: Wabisuke Right

2nd page (a lot harder to guess)
Birdman, top right: Rurio-kujaku Right
Crazy Bone Crown Lady: I'm going out on a limb and saying Hozukimaru given the relative position to Birdman Boy was I Wrong! It turns out it's Katen Kyōkotsu
Butterfly Thing in Centre: Ashisogi Jizo Right
Shota-Twins down front: Sōgyo no Kotowari Right
Big Guy holding a spiked ball: Gegetsuburi Right
Guy near crease: I just can't see well enough to tell. Still unknown
Hooded, robed guy: Kenpachi's? (Just a wild guess) Still don't know
Oni guys either side of Butterfly Thing: I'm guessing they're either the twin spirits of Katen Kyōkotsu (like Sōgyo no Kotowari has twin spirits and their both twin zanpaktou) or the Green one is Katen Kyōkotsu and the red one is Ryujin Jaka. Wrong on both counts!
Red one is Tenken (Komamura's)
Green one is Hozukimaru

Last edited by Knight of L-sama on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
poke__egg
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
man i can't remember who's is who's. names and ****. lol
i agree with you on the most part, but a couple others i'm not too sure on.

The hooded guy, i'm more leaning towards Hisagi's. given the whole Kazeshini (Death Wind) thing.

RICE MONKEYS!!!1
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This will be interesting since you get to see what there Zanpaku-to Spirit looks like.

The the bee one on the first page looks like Soi Fon's which is she calls it Suzumebachi...because her sword turns into a bee stinger and her attacks sting like a bee.

and the guy Green hair with the X mark on his face looks like it belongs to Toshiro which is called: "Hyorinmaru"..my guess is RIGHT! because its an Ice dragon style and the guys arm is like Ice and shaped like a Dragon...plus I been seeing alot of Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya in the manga lately and he calls his Zanpaku-to- Hyorinmaru.

And the cat one looks like it belongs to Matsumoto's, Toshiro's Lieutenant because hers is a cat but which one since theres a pink cat woman.

The Butterfly on second page is obvious as Ashisogi Jizō which belongs to Mayuri Kurotsuchi which transforms in to a giant baby headed thing that attacks Uryu.

The guy with the ball and chain that looks like Wabisuke as "The Apologizer" or "The Penitent one" the one who kneels for forgiveness.
So with Wabisuke adds weight to your weapon on each strike to make your opponent kneel for forgiveness.
Wabisuke is Izuru Kira's Zanpaku-to.

By trying to remember so many Character names and Zanpaku-to names is hard since there so many Soul Reaper characters with Gotei 13.

The rest you have to look up on wiki or in the manga and determine which is which.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
This will be interesting since you get to see what there Zanpaku-to Spirit looks like.

Not necessarily. Zabimaru's spirit has manifested once before and it was distinctly different from the version shown in this new arc.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it's no secret that Renji's Zabimaru and Ichigo's Zangetsu Zanpaku-to's are the only Zanpaku-to spirits that have been revealed which is strange that Zabimaru looks different when he already HAS been revealed.

SO they pretty much screwed up Zabimaru then since he's suppose to look like a Baboon with a Snake tail which is like a chimera.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hence another filler and cannon screw up. Something which I have already expressed how much I hate. Mad
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
Hence another filler and cannon screw up. Something which I have already expressed how much I hate. Mad

Actually I'm not sure that it is. I don't think that its a canon screw up at all. Zabimaru and Zangetsu have shown up in the anime but there's an as yet unanimated side chapter focusing on Hitsugaya where Hyorinmaru's spirit shows up as well and that form does show up in 230 as well as the alternate form from the character sheet. They seem to be implying that these forms are at least partially related to force pulling away from their shinigami.

That being said Zabimaru being half female when both parts spoke in masculine voices when it first showed up is odd.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it's hard to say where there going with this.

Sure it's cool to see zanpaku-to spirit but actually changing an existing one is another thing.

I still like Zabimaru as a chimera...being two different forms would just be weird.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: