Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What manga are you reading right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
What manga are you reading right now?
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bitter Virgin It seems pretty interesting so far...
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
of course I read the last chapter of Inuyasha last week Crying or Very sad

I started to reread the Arrancar arc of Bleach as well as read the Death Note Aftermath chapter, interesting but a bit pointless imo
Rino
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reading Fairy Tail atm.
Anyone in need of their shounen fix should definately check this series out. The art style is heavily influenced by One Piece but thats a plus in my book Smile
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished reading vol 7 of Junk and also Suzuka vol 8. I've been going over Parasyte vols 1->3 while waiting for vol 4 to come out.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin Vol 13. Oro!
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brigadoon, v2. These two-volume adaptions-of-series really aren't terribly good; I can see where the merit's supposed to be, but they must have left it out of the manga for some reason.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
a few more volumes of Ranma 1/2
chutup
Banned

Location: , have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disassociated knowledge will

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I went into the city and bought like 27 volumes of Please Save My Earth and read them all by 6 in the evening. Dunno why really, I always thought the series looked pretty boring but they were all there on the shelf and I figured I wouldn't get another chance to buy so many consecutive volumes at once.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
started on High School of the Dead last night. it's........interesting Very Happy
also finished reading battle royale alittle while back, the ending kinda sadden me alittle bit but in a good way, if that's possible.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read over the weekend Kagetora vol 10 and Aoi House in Love vol 2. Aoi House in Love vol 2 was a big letdown when compared to the previous 3 vols and in the end, I'm happy that it's finished.

Kagetora vol 10 was good in that resolution finally took place, though it did leave everything on a cliffhanger. However, the earlier vols give enough hints to how everything will be completely resolved for the next and final volume.

Rereading The Wallflower and Ouran Highschool Host Club. Ouran is another series that is seriously getting dragged out.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Red Shirt
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
xxxHolic vol. 5 - I'm tending to have to read these twice to get my head around everything that is in them. Still great though.

Tsubasa vol. 4 - Neat to see how it crosses over with xxxHolic, and I think it's alot better then the anime. Maybe it has to do with there being less fillers. It gets straight into it.

Oh! My Goddess vol. 9 - It's funny to see the chapters I'm reading now I watched the day before in the anime. Still, it's nice to see what was changed from page to screen.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
even more Ranma 1/2 Smile getting closer to the end now Sad i'm past what the anime had adapted
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was going to start on Urusei Yatsura v... 16 or so, but I opened it up and there was Ryuunosuke, and I flipped through it and there was a lot of Ryuunosuke, and I said, no, and picked up the next book in my bag.

Which was Fighting Sweeper, another mid-eighties shounen sunday title. I twisted my brain for three years so I could read this ****?

Also. 3x3 eyes [english flipped, 'cause 3x3 eyes is unfuriganaed and my kanji skills are rather weak], misc volumes. Endless shounen action the way it's meant to be. But, no, 3x3 eyes gets canned and we get Naruto instead. Sigh.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
3x3 eyes [english flipped, 'cause 3x3 eyes is unfuriganaed and my kanji skills are rather weak], misc volumes. Endless shounen action the way it's meant to be. But, no, 3x3 eyes gets canned and we get Naruto instead. Sigh.

Could be worse, we could... actually, no. I cannot think of a way it could be worse.

Anyway, lacking anything else to read on the train home the other day and not remembering what volume I was up to in anything I was in the middle of collecting, I picked up I.O.N. because it's one volume complete and written by Tanemura Arina. Enjoyable, if a tad predictable. It's also made me think I should try reading Full Moon; even though the anime never really grabbed me I've liked every other Tanemura manga I've read so not liking the Full Moon anime might be down to the adaptation.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read 4 vols of Togari yesterday after reading the first 2 on Saturday. I read the first 2 and found myself buying the rest of vols that Kinokuniya had.

I also read School Rumble vol 10. That is still a show that screws with your mind. A bloody whacked series.

BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nearly finished reading Noodle Fighter Miki vol 1. It reminds me of GTO, all the facial expressions and such. I'm pretty sure they have made 1 volume of anime for it. Looks to be quite interesting.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, 12 episode TV series. Released in the US sub-only as Ramen Fighter Miki.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read the Ranma 1/2 arc known as 'the Herb Saga' also 2 chapters of Tenjho Tenge, I think i'm gonna give up on that series, it's gotten almost impossible to follow and has lost all sight of itself, what once started off as a nice little light-hearted entertaining manga about fighting has turned into some convoluted mess of people who fight each other at school to save the world and demons and exorcists and....stuff
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Volume 1 of Gakuen Alice. A lot of fun, and it surprised me that it's by the same author responsible for Portrait of M and N (which I really need to read more of). I've also been working my way through Tsukihime, which is a bit better than the anime was. Currently in the middle of School Rumble volume 10. Needs more Yakumo.
Onmyodo
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just read:

The Dreaming v. 3 - I actually stumbled across this series by accident. I was at Supanova Sydney last year, meandering along Artist's Alley. I was caught between Queenie Chan's and Madeliene Rosca's stalls, and The Dreaming was on sale for $10. So I bought it, got it signed, not expecting all too much. And finished it on the train home.
As with the other two installments, I loved it. The conclusion was fantastic, it was perfectly paced and the detail was stunning. The series itself was billed as "creepy", and although I found volumes 1 and 2 entertaining (but not spooky), the final one definitely surpassed this description into nail-biting.
Seriously, seriously good stuff. Before long, I'll be reading the series again.

xxxHOLiC v. 1 - Utterly fantastic. One of the first manga which, as soon as I finished, I wanted to read again.
Seemed to start off slowly for me, stuck in "pilot mode". But after the second chapter, it really started to kick off, and I was entranced. I loved the CLAMP-verse references, the quirky characters, and the supernatural themes which basically made up the plot. It was wonnderful. And unexpectedly witty.
I will definitely be heading to Kinokuniya to buy the 2nd + 3rd volumes ASAP, and probably the anime when it comes out.
Just confirms the fact that CLAMP are geniuses.

Still to Read: Ghost Hunt v. 1
chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've put Rurouni Kenshin on hold at volume 13 to finish some of the shorter series I am halfway through, which is Absolute Boyfriend (v3), Orphen (v2) and Battle Royale (v10).
I'm very much considering starting Get Backers, but I tend to lose interest in the longer series, so I think I'll go for Buso Renkin and Wild Adaptor next.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've recently become hooked on Tokyo Crazy Paradise. I'm currently in the middle of reading it over and over and over and over again.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tanemura Arina's Short-Tempered Melancholy (and Other Stories). Good stuff.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently reading Jyu-Oh-Sei vol 1. A bloody big read with 348 pages in it. Shocked

A good read though.

HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recently I've been reading:

Takahashi Rumiko's Mermaid Saga - didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not a bad read, but it just didn't seem like it was all it could have been.

Vampire Princess Miyu - volume 1 and a couple of chapters into volume 2, and so far it's okay, but I haven't enjoyed it as much as I did the TV series. I'll reserve final judgement until I've read the rest.

Mamotte Shugogetten - enjoying immensely, but that's hardly a surprise given I'm a Shugogetten fanboy.

Aoi Hana - an acceptable substitute while I wait for my MariMite DVDs to arrive.
Khefiern
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the moment I'm reading
Kimagure Orange Road (really reminds me of Maison Ikkoku sometimes)
Open Sesame
Addicted to Curry
Bleach
Hikaru no Go

Can't find my copy of Yakitate Japan vol 10 right now, otherwise I would be reading that too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished reading Togari vol 7 and Jyu-Oh-Sei vol 1. Now started reading Murder Princess 1 & 2.

Togari is a fun, action filled read and Jyu-Oh-Sei has potential, though I'm iffy about the main characters being 11 turning 12.

HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toradora!, volume 1 and most of volume 2. Great stuff. Now I need to get my hands on the light novels...
musk.stick
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently reading Loveless after picking it up at Animania. Definitely better and way less "wtf-ish" than the anime
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
been taking a break form anime/manga lately, (been on a Stargate binge Wink ) but I did read a fare few chapters of Ranma 1/2, the arc that introduces the substitute teacher and then 2 chapters of the next arc
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read Naruto 31, Bleach 24 and Princess Resurrection 4 and enjoyed reading them since there was several battles going on. However Princess Resurrection is more fun to read. Sherwood wasn't happy that Hiro thought of Hime when she gave some of her blood to him. Very Happy

Who couldn't love a girl who looks good wearing a black dress and a tiara while using a chainsaw on some bad guys. Very Happy

Currently reading vol 1 of Rosario and Vampire. A human boy in monster high. Smile

BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Currently reading vol 1 of Rosario and Vampire. A human boy in monster high. Smile

Yeah, I recently read vol 1 as well. I have seen around 6-7 episodes of the anime so I know what's going on. Hoping to buy vol 2 from Kino soon. Reading my recently obtained FMP! books.

On a side note, which bastard took Strawberry 100% (I would rather call it Ichigo 100% but anyways) vols 1-5 from Kino?!?!? I had them in my cart and the next morning I was going to send my order in and BAM.. They were gone :'(!
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read Rosario + Vampire vol 2 and just finished reading Togari vol 8.

It said that vol 8 is the final vol, but that's a load of BS. It doesn't freaking end. It leaves it at the halfway point. Sad At the back is some stuff which I hope is the follow-on series with a TBA date wise, but at the bottom after some other crap, it says that it's all a joke. I hope the joke bit is on the crap just above it.

I NEED MORE TOGARI!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reading Get Backers vol 1, Love Hina novel 1 and The Young Magician vol 1.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yotsuba&. Love.
ShiningStar
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just started reading Angelic Layer and it's better than what I expected ^^
I might have to try the anime now and see if I like it.
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
Yotsuba&. Love.

I read the first chapter of Yotsuba&! and I though it was pretty funny. I laughed the most at the "pants man" part. I'm still laughing over that, even though it was a week ago.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aria volume 3. I really, really love this series.
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read about 1/3 of The Antique Gift Shop vol 1. It seems quite good.
Pete
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Voices of a distant star

version manga is not bad. Cool a little bit more story.

It's alway my fave anime. Very Happy
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read Chibi Vampire vol 10 and Knights vol 1. Knights is looking to be a lot of fun and Chibi Vampire is still going strong. It had a special chapter on when and how Elda and James got together.

Last edited by JESTER on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an update on The Antique Gift Shop, read volume 2 and it's pretty cool. I really like the art style. I checked Kino for TAGS and vol 5 was price at like $16-17. I cringed when I saw that but I think it's worth it.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
im curently readin
nuruto
onepiece
fullmetal alchemist
bleach
bakuman
airgear
soul eater
and ive finished deathnote
filter
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently Reading:

Naruto
One Peice
Kingdom Hearts
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reread Guardian Hearts vol 1 and Suzuka 9 a few times. Now to wait for the next vols. Sad

BroKeN
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recently finished Dolls volume 1.
Reading Dolls volume 2 and The Embalmer volume 2.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just read Oh My Goddess ! volume 30. Naked Urd!
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read Kagetora vol 11 which was the final book of the series. Half of the book finished off the series, while the other half had an alternate looking Yuki (Yuki Beta version). Yuki Beta had breasts that rivalled Kiritani and was good fanservice fun.

The first half of the book which finished off the series was well done and will be reread a great many times.

Also read The Wallflower vol 17 and that was a cack. Seeing good ole Aunty trying to turn Kohei into a gentleman only for it to backfire in the end due to Sunako. The final chapter of the bk dealing with Sunako and Kohei living alone together for an extended period was also good to read.

Can't wait for vol 18. Very Happy

exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's been a while but I read some Ranma 1/2 today
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Discommunication, by Ueshiba Riichi. Hint: not suitable for reading on train.

Also, what's it called, Karakuri Circus, by fujiwhatsit nantoka. Meh.

Page 3 of 17

Jump to: