Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya Reply with quote
*A REMINDER! PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE AN AUSTRALIA POST MONEY ORDER FOR $10 WHEN YOU SEND IN YOUR VOUCHERS!!!*

Brigade members, fans, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. etc etc etc.

I'm here today to give you a low down on the Redemption offer that we will be having for the release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. What type of redemption you ask?

WELL as you know the TV series was broadcast in a different order to the order that is presented on the DVD releases all over the world. Here's a bit of a break down.

This is how it will be presented on our dvd release:

Title DVD #
The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4 v2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5 v2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6 v2
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya V2
Mysterique Sign v3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 1 v3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 2 v3
Live Alive v4
The Day of Sagittarius v4
Someday in the Rain v4

BUT the series is presented in the following order on TV. With the magical redemption vouchers and $10 postage and handling, you too can view haruhi, like this:

The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
Mysterique Sign
Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
Someday in the Rain
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
The Day of Sagittarius
Live Alive
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6

CONFUSED YET? Very Happy Good! Cause so are we! But fear not. It's all there and complete.

WHERE CAN I GET THESE VOUCHERS?

You will find these vouchers ONLY in the following volumes:

Volume 1 and Collector's Box with Arm Band
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

NOTE VOLUME 1 STAND ALONE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE VOUCHER! YOU MUST BUY THE BOX AND V1 SET IN ORDER TO GET THE VOUCHER!

EDIT sneak peak at the packaging!

Last edited by Slykura on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 am; edited 3 times in total
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome Very Happy
I ordered my V1+Box quite some time ago so I'm sweet.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shai'tan
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Confused? Very. But in 'I have no idea what the hell is going on but it sounds dam awesome' kinda way.

At any rate, I preorderd my box a few days after it was listed on the site, so I shouldn't have any problems.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that's jipped to have to buy the box for the first volume. I can understand pushing for people to purchase it that way, but this seems a little more extreme.

Anime News Network Australia
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
that's jipped to have to buy the box for the first volume. I can understand pushing for people to purchase it that way, but this seems a little more extreme.

We are essentially giving you the entire series for $10! Whos getting jipped really? Buying the Box and V1 plus all the volumes? Or buying $65 sets 4 times?

balance it up Smile
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We are essentially giving you the entire series for $10! Whos getting jipped really? Buying the Box and V1 plus all the volumes? Or buying $65 sets 4 times?

balance it up Smile

My complaint was more about you guys basically forcing everyone to get the box in order to get that first redemption token, which to me doesn't seem really fair, especially considering that not everyone has the knowledge on how these releases are going to happen. Of course you're a business, and in that regard it is a good strategy.
To me it's quite a stupid idea. Not everyone buys the boxes, and suddenly madman have possibly lost a number of potential buyers because they didn't get that box for token one.
Having it in the standalone volume one would entice people who picked up the first volume on a whim, to continue getting it.
It's a win win for it to be in volume 1 seperately rather than constraining it to the box combo.
It really should have been just the cosplay extra if you got the box, like it always had been for other releases. That way madman can cater the broadcast order offer to the widest audience, and those whole like the bonus item can pay the extra for the box.

Of course the US isn't any better in their regard for sticking the broadcast order in the limited edition boxes only (which is actually only $42 - $45 AUD). However it is perfect for fans who love the collectors gear, as that extra $15 entitles you not only to a dvd with part of the broadcast order, but to a cd, pencil board, iron on transfer and a bonus item (vol 1 had ribbons, vol 2 had the armband, and vol 3 has a pillow case). Plus the box for it all would have to be close to the best i've ever seen designed by any company. But that's just my opinion.

Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
My complaint was more about you guys basically forcing everyone to get the box in order to get that first redemption token, which to me doesn't seem really fair, especially considering that not everyone has the knowledge on how these releases are going to happen.

Yup, that's a fairly major concern for Madman, they need to communicate stuff like this and delays and new releases and stuff like that to us, the buying community. So, there's this guy works for Madman -- I think his title is "Assistant Anime Brand Manager" -- and it's his job, in large part, to go out there and tell us stuff like this. Short little asian guy. Nice bloke.

What's his name again?
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
Having it in the standalone volume one would entice people who picked up the first volume on a whim, to continue getting it.

Except that the people actually interested in getting the broadcast order version wouldn't be the ones who pick up the first volume on a whim, it'd be the people who already know they want the whole show and are therefore likely to be getting the volume 1 + box anyway.

Simple fact is, there is no way to do the DVD order release and the broadcast order release that's good for everyone. All things considered, Madman's way isn't that bad.
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah most people who haven't seen the show already probably don't know about the broadcast/chronological difference so this is a way for Madman to cater for the pre-existing fanbase and do some good business. It's honestly a very smart move.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a premium item. As such people are expected to put up a premium for it. An extra $10 isn't really going to be hurting anyone in the long run and in the overall scheme of things, it's a pretty good deal!
Lister of Smeg
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity and I'm sure this question has most likely been answered elsewhere. But why is there a difference been the DVD release order and the Broadcast order anyway?
Uniforce
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya Reply with quote
Lister of Smeg wrote:
Just out of curiosity and I'm sure this question has most likely been answered elsewhere. But why is there a difference been the DVD release order and the Broadcast order anyway?

First Post:

Slykura wrote:
Brigade members, fans, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. etc etc etc.

I'm here today to give you a low down on the Redemption offer that we will be having for the release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. What type of redemption you ask?

WELL as you know the TV series was broadcast in a different order to the order that is presented on the DVD releases all over the world. Here's a bit of a break down.

This is how it will be presented on our dvd release:

Title DVD #
The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3 v1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4 v2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5 v2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6 v2
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya V2
Mysterique Sign v3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 1 v3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 2 v3
Live Alive v4
The Day of Sagittarius v4
Someday in the Rain v4

BUT the series is presented in the following order on TV. With the magical redemption vouchers and $10 postage and handling, you too can view haruhi, like this:

The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
Mysterique Sign
Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
Someday in the Rain
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
The Day of Sagittarius
Live Alive
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6

CONFUSED YET? Very Happy Good! Cause so are we! But fear not. It's all there and complete.

WHERE CAN I GET THESE VOUCHERS?

You will find these vouchers ONLY in the following volumes:

Volume 1 and Collector's Box with Arm Band
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

NOTE VOLUME 1 STAND ALONE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE VOUCHER! YOU MUST BUY THE BOX AND V1 SET IN ORDER TO GET THE VOUCHER!

essentially, when it was shown on TV, they showed the series out of order, to make it just that little bit more interesting.
and to kill us with "to be continued"s
People always seek those things, and before they know it, become lost.
DaCyclops
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just thought I would bring this up, as you seem to have missed mentioning it in your initial post.

If its the same thing as the US versions, what the Broadcast Order DVD's are is the Japanese Audio DVD originals (which have improved footage over the TV version - ask and I can present some examples) re-ordered into broadcast order with the original episode previews attached. It doesnt have English audio...

... Unless im wrong.

(please tell me im wrong. I would love to have english broadcast order)

For anyone wanting a bit of info, here is the info on the US version
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only thing about that is that the Next episode preview doesn't quite work, because the DVD version has Yuki saying the name and the TV version has Haruhi and Kyon bantering on.
DaCyclops
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
the DVD version has Yuki saying the name

Oh, that is so amazingly annoying. Would it have killed them to maybe give it to Mikuru (Stephanie Sheh) after a while? I would have even settled for Itsuki (Johnny Yong Bosch) a couple of times.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:

Simple fact is, there is no way to do the DVD order release and the broadcast order release that's good for everyone. All things considered, Madman's way isn't that bad.
Didn't I just mention the best way for everyone? Redemption in Volume 1 itself as well as the box. That way everyone can get it, not just those who bought the box.
There's also the option of making volume 2-4 two discs like the US are doing. Madman's way is far from the best way.

klown911_2002 wrote:
Yeah most people who haven't seen the show already probably don't know about the broadcast/chronological difference so this is a way for Madman to cater for the pre-existing fanbase and do some good business. It's honestly a very smart move.
I don't see how it's smart. Business wise, madman are alienating potentially more sales of this redemption disc by not including those who didn't purchase the box at the start. Fan wise, don't tell me you've never watched/bought something and suddenly you became a fan of it? Not everyone who is a fan of a show happened to watch it when it was fansubed or saw the US release. For $10, anyone who becomes a fan of the show would no doubt want to pick this redemption up, but how can some of them if they never got the box in the first place due to not knowing?
Madman would still be serving the pre exisiting fans by having the redemption in both volume 1 and the box release, but they would also be expanding their potential sales this way, or doesn't anyone actually see this?

sly wrote:
It's a premium item. As such people are expected to put up a premium for it. An extra $10 isn't really going to be hurting anyone in the long run and in the overall scheme of things, it's a pretty good deal!
But don't you want madman to have more potential sales of this redemption disc? I don't know about you, but I know I would if I was running a business.
Yes, I can understand it's a premium item, but in a way, so is the cosplay extra. People are forced to buy the box at $10 more if they want it.
I just see it as unfair for those who didn't/couldn't buy the box for it, and suddenly are without hope to get the redemption because it was a box only item.
I just don't see where the logic for this decision came from.

FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
BUT the series is presented in the following order on TV. With the magical redemption vouchers and $10 postage and handling, you too can view haruhi, like this

Hold on, are you implying that for $10 you'll give us a whole second boxset? To quote 300 "This is madness!". Surely there would have been a better way, like releasing two version of the series for customers to choose between for example.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
Didn't I just mention the best way for everyone? Redemption in Volume 1 itself as well as the box. That way everyone can get it, not just those who bought the box.
There's also the option of making volume 2-4 two discs like the US are doing. Madman's way is far from the best way.

Not the best for Madman, though. Remember, doing the authoring of the extra discs is extra expense for them, and I wouldn't say it's unreasonable for them to have it linked to the marginally more expensive volume 1. And with Madman's way, you only need to pay extra for one of the volumes, not two like the US version.

madmangohan wrote:
I don't see how it's smart. Business wise, madman are alienating potentially more sales of this redemption disc by not including those who didn't purchase the box at the start. Fan wise, don't tell me you've never watched/bought something and suddenly you became a fan of it? Not everyone who is a fan of a show happened to watch it when it was fansubed or saw the US release. For $10, anyone who becomes a fan of the show would no doubt want to pick this redemption up, but how can some of them if they never got the box in the first place due to not knowing?

Again, I'm pretty sure that the only people who will actually care about getting the broadcast order are those who are already fans of the show. I'd actually say there's more of a case for making the broadcast order bilingual than for offering the broadcast order to those who didn't buy the volume 1 + box, and my care factor for dubs generally is hovering ever so slightly above zero.

madmangohan wrote:
I just see it as unfair for those who didn't/couldn't buy the box for it, and suddenly are without hope to get the redemption because it was a box only item.

You may as well be saying that about anything that ever came only with the volume 1 + box.

And hey, I don't know what Madman's thought processes were when they made the decision either, but that doesn't mean it's wrong and unfair. It's not optimal for everyone, but hey, what is? (No, your suggestion isn't.)
Lister of Smeg
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It all makes sense to me now. I will be buy the Volume 1 + Box but I won't be using the redemption because I'm not a huge fan of the show I just like what I've seen and would like to own it. I'm sure they will get a few people with the same mind set as me and so have thought that mostly people who are already fans of the show will be those that purchase the box. Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me, better than wasting money printing a whole lot more discs like they have done in America to have the two different versions.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having more skus for retailers is not a good thing. It costs more to send out two versions and the effect is the actually worse than having to hunt down a V1 and box than to have to hunt out 3 more other products to get the extra discs. if those who want to redeem and didn't realise when they bought V1, they will still have plenty of oppurtunity to go out and grab a V1 and Box set. yes it will cost them more, but it always pays to do some research Smile

btw the V1 and Box set will have a 5th slot for the Broadcast order DVD set.
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I'm still a little confused as to this redemption thing. Is it a whole second boxset in a different order, or just an extra disk? If it just 1 disk, how do you fit the entire series on it?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a double dvd set. i.e.2 disc set with 14 episodes over 2 discs.
Sloppy Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ues

Last edited by Sloppy Sailor on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
btw the V1 and Box set will have a 5th slot for the Broadcast order DVD set.

Because people love empty spaces in their boxes.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
And with Madman's way, you only need to pay extra for one of the volumes, not two like the US version.
If you look at the pricing of the US boxes, you'd realise they're not charging extra at all (it's infact cheaper than the first US volume). Of course this could all be proven wrong with volume 4's release, but I'm doubting it.

HimuraBattousai wrote:
Again, I'm pretty sure that the only people who will actually care about getting the broadcast order are those who are already fans of the show.
I find that hard to believe. If you must know, I'm yet to even watch my copy of the show yet. All i've seen is madman's trailer thingio, and that's it, and yet here I am debating about the broadcast order release with fans.
The point? As I said earlier, people can become fans of a show at any time. Just because they weren't a fan when everyone else was, doesn't mean they're suddenly excluded from wanting to get things that you think only the pre-existing fans would care for.

HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
If you look at the pricing of the US boxes, you'd realise they're not charging extra at all (it's infact cheaper than the first US volume).

Er, yes they are. The broadcast order discs come with the Limited Edition versions, which cost twice as much as the regular.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:

Er, yes they are. The broadcast order discs come with the Limited Edition versions, which cost twice as much as the regular.

But you're not paying for just the broadcast disc per say, considering you're getting a fair bit of merchandise with each one on top. Assuming the 4th volume is at the same price, you'd actually be paying $0 for the broadcast order.
And the limited editions are only twice as much in US dollars. It's only $10 or so more once converted to Aussie Dollars.

speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sloppy Sailor wrote:
I don't think that "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" is the actual first episode...

No it isn't, i'm surprised they used that as the first episode on the DVD order, as far as chronology is concerned. But its always fun watching people's reactions to it though Very Happy
Yomi Plushtoy
Megane-ko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
But you're not paying for just the broadcast disc per say, considering you're getting a fair bit of merchandise with each one on top. Assuming the 4th volume is at the same price, you'd actually be paying $0 for the broadcast order.
And the limited editions are only twice as much in US dollars. It's only $10 or so more once converted to Aussie Dollars.

And with volume 1 + box, you're not paying just for the chance to get the broadcast order disc, per se.

And I'm looking at DVD Pacific in Australian Dollars right now, and it's listing the regular editions at $20 and a bit of change, and the LEs at $41. It's not exactly twice the price, but close enough and certainly more than $10 more.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
[..]

Fact of the matter is you still need to purchase said extras in order to get the extra disc. You are in fact paying for the disc.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yomi Plushtoy wrote:
And I'm looking at DVD Pacific in Australian Dollars right now, and it's listing the regular editions at $20 and a bit of change, and the LEs at $41. It's not exactly twice the price, but close enough and certainly more than $10 more.

I forgot to mention I that the $10 extra was in comparison to what madman will very likely release the title at (that being $29.95 rrp). $10 more for all those extra's is quite reasonable imho.

Slykura wrote:
Fact of the matter is you still need to purchase said extras in order to get the extra disc. You are in fact paying for the disc.
Which is no different to your scheme in the run of things. That's also assuming a person's goal was to get those discs, and not just the cd's or cosplay gear that they also contain.
I said originally that madman's idea is no better than what the US are doing in regard to this broadcast order. I just find it quite stupid that you're not including the voucher in volume 1's only. It deprives people who didn't buy the box a chance to get the redemption without blowing another $40, assuming they can even get it anymore considering you did originally call it a ultra limited release.
Yes, i'm aware the US is limited too, however I'm doubting that madman's removal of the vouchers would be instant, leaving many who bought it later a chance to even get the first voucher at all, which is why i'm puzzled it's not in volume 1 only, to stop such a thing happening.

Yomi Plushtoy
Megane-ko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
I forgot to mention I that the $10 extra was in comparison to what madman will very likely release the title at (that being $29.95 rrp). $10 more for all those extra's is quite reasonable imho.

Which is no different to your scheme in the run of things. That's also assuming a person's goal was to get those discs, and not just the cd's or cosplay gear that they also contain.

Okay then. Assuming you were going to get all the LEs, the R1s will cost you approximately $167. If you get the R4 volume 1 + box, the other three volumes, and send away for the broadcast order discs, it'll cost you approximately $140. If your only goal is only to get the broadcast order discs, the getting the R1 LEs of the two volumes that have the broadcast order discs, and the regular editions of the other two, that'll cost you approximately $123, which is a little cheaper.

And if you come to the party late and want the broadcast order, you're still going to have to worry about the availability of something. Two volumes, in fact, compared to MM's 1 + box.

madmangohan wrote:
I said originally that madman's idea is no better than what the US are doing in regard to this broadcast order. I just find it quite stupid that you're not including the voucher in volume 1's only. It deprives people who didn't buy the box a chance to get the redemption without blowing another $40, assuming they can even get it anymore considering you did originally call it a ultra limited release.
Yes, i'm aware the US is limited too, however I'm doubting that madman's removal of the vouchers would be instant, leaving many who bought it later a chance to even get the first voucher at all, which is why i'm puzzled it's not in volume 1 only, to stop such a thing happening.

Ah, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that "limited edition" means "everyone who wants it must be able to get it, whenever they want, without any difficulty (or extra expense)".

Now I do agree that Madman's way is not quite optimal, but it's not the ZOMG THEY'RE SCREWING PEOPLE OVER injustice to the general anime-buying public that you're making it out to be. It's an LE extra. If you don't get in on it early, you don't get it. That's just the nature of them.
just watchen
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just checking this peice of thin cardboard that say's attention SOS club members is the redemption things to hang onto
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just watchen wrote:
Just checking this peice of thin cardboard that say's attention SOS club members is the redemption things to hang onto

What you have it, haw on earth did you get it early? Shocked

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shinji 3.141 wrote:
[..]

What you have it, haw on earth did you get it early? Shocked

It's only 3 days early. I once picked up a legitimate CD from a shop like a week and a half before release date. It's not a huge deal.

Jin-Roh
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
3 days? read the date on the post: last Friday, that makes it nearly a week early Wink
Loganno1
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: nzl Reply with quote
does anyone know if this going to be released the some way in new zealand with the redemption vouchers and so fourth??
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: nzl Reply with quote
Loganno1 wrote:
does anyone know if this going to be released the some way in new zealand with the redemption vouchers and so fourth??

Yes, NZ will get their own unique vouchers.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
After all volumes have been released and the time comes for the boxset release, will it come with the broadcast order dvds as well? That is to say, is MM planning on putting them in the eventual complete collection release?

Cause i may pickup the boxset when the time comes and save my R1 lot (more so the box) from wear and tear *plus also support the local folks Very Happy*
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
After all volumes have been released and the time comes for the boxset release, will it come with the broadcast order dvds as well? That is to say, is MM planning on putting them in the eventual complete collection release?

Slykura wrote:
It's a premium item. As such people are expected to put up a premium for it.

Henceforth I doubt it, and I think a lot of people who collected it V1+Box and the subsequent volumes for the very reason of getting the Broadcast Order Set (like myself) would honestly be disappointed if Madman were to include it in a complete collection release.

Jin-Roh
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So let me see if I've got this right: Once all four dvd's have been released, I post these vouchers (+$14) to MM and they'll post me back another DVD?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
$10 not $14
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So then it's $10 p/p rather than $10 + $4 p/p.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
So then it's $10 p/p rather than $10 + $4 p/p.

Correct. $10 IS the Shipping and Handling fee. You are essentially getting it for FREE.
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Standard Madman shipping fee is $4
DVD Set + FREE Shipping = $10 -$4 FREE Shiping = DVD Set = $6.
Razz
You can't pull the wool over my eyes; Sly Razz

Jin-Roh
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's still only $10. Can't make too many complaints about that.
AngelsThesis
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i read on the site sumwhere that there is a ULTRA limited box set,

could sum1 tell me wat that is? lol
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's just the box and volume 1.
The Ultra Limited so far indicates that either the vol1+box combo will be of limited release, or madman will cease including the first token after a set period.
Of course it could have been all just PR hype considering its only mention was on the competition page Confused

DaCyclops
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My take...

Would Haruhi accept it being just a regular old Limited Edition? I dont think so. Thats why its the Ultra Limited Edition!
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol; oh god. That was sweet and bad at the same time.

Jin-Roh

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: