Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
The Redemption of Haruhi Suzumiya
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my copy today Very Happy The delivery time wasn't too bad considering I live in WA. My collection looks so great now that there isn't an empty space.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
leewill wrote:
I got my copy today Very Happy The delivery time wasn't too bad considering I live in WA. My collection looks so great now that there isn't an empty space.

I'm in Perth too so lets hope I get mine today too...
leewill
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to watch the first disc this morning and my copy has a mark on the back, I put it in and fast forwarded all the way through all the episodes and there didn't seem to be a problem but you can't always tell that way. I guess I won't know if there is a problem until I sit down and watch the whole thing properly on the weekend. Did anyone else get a Disc 1 with this problem?
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ended up finding mine today. I think it actually got delivered at the start of the week, however I was away and due to it not being in the standard Madman freight box I didn't see it until this morning.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis strokes the the miniature monolith that is the Haruhi Broadcast Order DVD, ooking like a monkey, as the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey plays in the background.
Red Shirt
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Darth Tallis strokes the the miniature monolith that is the Haruhi Broadcast Order DVD, ooking like a monkey, as the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey plays in the background.

Fantastic! I'll never think about that scene the same way again. Laughing
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try not to think. Especially where Tallis is concerned. I swear he can read your mind, and completely bork the translation all in one go.

Still no word on my copy, but I won't be going home until day after tomorrow. Mum hasn't said anything, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Conspiracy Complex C.
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my copy Very Happy
Mr_Pleb_Mgoo
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So..

DVD 1 of Volume S is borked for me, there's what appears to be a manufacturing defect, there's a little 'chunk' of the disc missing right on the edge, but you can't actually feel it, just see it.

Any chances of a replacement or something?
WIIGII
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone not recieved their copy yet??

its been almost a month and ive heard nothing. Dont think there were any problems with my vouchers n all since i havnt heard anything regarding them... Confused

http://wiigii.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WIIGII wrote:
has anyone not recieved their copy yet??

its been almost a month and ive heard nothing. Dont think there were any problems with my vouchers n all since i havnt heard anything regarding them... Confused

View this thread. All your answers can be found there. http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=26194 Very Happy
WIIGII
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
[..]

View this thread. All your answers can be found there. http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=26194 Very Happy

Thanks, but unfortunately none of that applies to me.

1) I haven't moved house since i sent in the vouchers
2) I'm sure i posted my email address so i should've recieved some notification if there was a credit card problem
3) I used a credit card

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WIIGII wrote:
[..]
Thanks, but unfortunately none of that applies to me.

Hmmm? Well maybe you're posting was delayed for some reason. Or credit card details were incorrect thus then being declined. Alls I can hope for for your sake is that you receive a letter from Madman sometime soon, or you receive your DVD late. Confused
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had the same problem, not even a snail-mail from them explaining if A) my e-mail didn't work (entirely possible, because as I've said, a lot of people can, and do, mistake the "0" for an "O" (but I do try to make my chicken scratch as legible as possible in these circumstances)
or
B) payment didn't work, which is absurd (though still albeit possible) to my thinking since I used my CC and that doesn't expire for...well, I got a new one at the end of Jan, so it's got yonks left on it.
and
C) I'm certain I was having it sent to this address, rather than my one in town. On the other hand, if for some silly reason I did put down my town address I can get mum to check in with the post office on Monday after I'm on the bus.

I want to send an e-mail, and inquire but I'm going away on the weekend and won't get back until tomorrow week, so I guess I'm going to have to wait until then and hope that it gets resolved in the meantime, or that I can get it resolved when I come back. I just have this pedantic need to fill the last empty space in my box...

EDIT: Going to send an email now.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it too late to purchase a redemption copy now?
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As in you have the 4 vouchers and want to send them in?
I think it's too late yeah, send an Email to madman and see how generous they are feeling. They may have some spare.

Failing that, head along to the next con' in your area and hope to pick one off a dealer table.
Or E-Bay?
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I sent in my vouchers in with plenty of time to spare, have heard NOTHING since.

And before anyone suggests it, I've sent an e-mail to order@madman.com.au. Actually, I've sent four bloody e-mails, and not one fo them got so much as a how-do-you-do. At the very least they could e-mail me back and say "no". It's actually giving me the irrits in a bad way.

Right now I'm hoping I can get one on the weekend from AvCon. Which is something else I'm getting shitted off about. I went into the bank on the 14th to do the payment for the ticket and get an e-mail today informing me that I haven't paid and if I don't do so by COB today my order will most likely be cancelled. Again, I've been e-mailling them too. Though at least they answered, up until friday.

...grrrrrrr....
WIIGII
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix85 wrote:
I sent in my vouchers in with plenty of time to spare, have heard NOTHING since.

And before anyone suggests it, I've sent an e-mail to order@madman.com.au. Actually, I've sent four bloody e-mails, and not one fo them got so much as a how-do-you-do. At the very least they could e-mail me back and say "no". It's actually giving me the irrits in a bad way.

Right now I'm hoping I can get one on the weekend from AvCon. Which is something else I'm getting shitted off about. I went into the bank on the 14th to do the payment for the ticket and get an e-mail today informing me that I haven't paid and if I don't do so by COB today my order will most likely be cancelled. Again, I've been e-mailling them too. Though at least they answered, up until friday.

...grrrrrrr....

hey, same with me! well i've just been PMing slykura, and he replied to my first one stating my credit card was invalid, then asked for my details again, to which i replied. This was 2 weeks ago and i havent heard anything since. I just sent another PM to sly 3 days ago and still nothing

Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't send pm's to Sly, because he's asked in the past that we don't, however I did finally get a reply to my e-mails today and it's all sorted out now apparently.

Thanks for getting back to me Sly!
WinG_ZerO_83
Lin Minmay

Location: "The Dark Side of Somewhere in Between" i.e. Beachmere Again

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I sent away for mine friday may 30, express post w/ credit card details for payment, called a month later spoke to someone by the name of "levi" i think it was. anyway he told me that it would out to me later the following week.

so here i am 2 whole months after the fact STILL with no DVD. also he person i spoke to said that the payment had alredy gone thru.

c'mon guys u do a fantastic job dont let moments like these ruin a shining track record
darktruth90
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm...this is weird. I received a 2nd copy of the broadcast order 2-disc set from Madman today along with the October 2008 issue of Anime Update when I already got the DVD's a few months ago. Has this actually happened to anyone else?
Scorch
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had no word either, I have confirmed that a payment of $10 was made to madman from my credit card, yet no DVD.

I'm a patient man, but there is a limit to how long I'll quietly wait...
leewill
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
darktruth90 wrote:
Umm...this is weird. I received a 2nd copy of the broadcast order 2-disc set from Madman today along with the October 2008 issue of Anime Update when I already got the DVD's a few months ago. Has this actually happened to anyone else?

When I got my copy of the broadcast order set it had a scratch on the first disc and a few episodes wouldn't work so I sent it back and received my replacement copy today along with Octobers anime update. Maybe Madman sent you someone elses replacement copy by mistake? Confused
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone is still missing their copy please PM their real name and address. I will verify with you privately. We have about a dozen people who still haven't contacted us because of problems with their forms.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone else pissed off that the Broadcast Order discs got included in the final boxsets? What the hell happened to Super-Limited-Edition-for-the-Diehard-Fans-who-have-been-following-the-show-from-the-very-beginning "premium item" as Sly called it, I feel kind of jibbed having spent $150-odd to get something limited edition to now have it as widespread as any other boxset.

Not happy Madman.

Page 4 of 4

Jump to: