Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Computer Tech Help thread(For ALL computer problems)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Computer Tech Help thread(For ALL computer problems)
Author
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:

was the modem dropping out or just your computer?

Im guessing the modem, i noted that the activity light was either on or off, not flickering as per normal activity
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
nargun isn't a voltage select switch normally fairly recessed and on alot of beanded systems partially covered? or did they go in with a screw driver to switch it off folowing someones over the phone guidance

Not covered, not terribly recessed either. Given that it replaced a system that *did* have a hard power switch there [and that didn't shut down properly under software control], and that only a few days ago, I think it's a vaguely-reasonable mistake.

Plus I had the parts handy [yes, it was family. Does that show?].
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm hoping to buy a PC soon, but I really have no idea what's what when it comes to CPU's these days. I don't plan on doing any serious gaming on it other than WoW, so I'd say I want something about 2/3 of the way along between crap and cutting edge. Could anyone give me a few examples of a CPU that would satisfy this description?
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speed freak your modem should have a uptime counter for the onnection, check it when you drop out may have just been a nasty noisy line .

although it's wierd that irc stayed connected in that case(modem dropping out) and that sp2 fixed it unless you are running a bridged connection.

nargun got pics i'm still trying to see how this could happen whitout some kinda tool or really decent fiddling.

kero something like a e4600 will probly do you fine, it's under 200 and since wow is ages old it'll run it like a dream
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
speed freak your modem should have a uptime counter for the onnection, check it when you drop out may have just been a nasty noisy line .

although it's wierd that irc stayed connected in that case(modem dropping out) and that sp2 fixed it unless you are running a bridged connection.

well it hasn't dropped out or anything since SP2 update, to download sp2 i had to go through safe mode as that kept a constant connection, while under normal bootup even downloads would suffer/stop, with IRC though if i had to make a new connection i wouldnt be able to =|
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
nargun got pics i'm still trying to see how this could happen whitout some kinda tool or really decent fiddling.

On a lot of older (AT/early ATX era) power supplies, the voltage switch is right there on the back of the PSU, often between the two power connectors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
kero something like a e4600 will probly do you fine, it's under 200 and since wow is ages old it'll run it like a dream

Thanks, I'll check it out. How about a recommendation for an equivalent video card?

Edit: This system looks pretty good to me, any thoughts? I'd like to stay close to $1000 if possible.
plodski2004
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that seems pretty good

get a mid range video card like a ATI 2600XT or a Nvida 8600 and that should satisfy your needs

what makes you think it takes a decade to tell a damm story

-obbessed rumiko fan

here is my collection which is evergrowing send me a message if you think i can add more to it https://www.madman.com.au/actions/collection.do?method=browse&customerId=14138
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks reasonable.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kero-chan wrote:
[..]

Edit: This system looks pretty good to me, any thoughts? I'd like to stay close to $1000 if possible.

you see that little little administrators appointed thing there.

that company is 4.5 million in debt so it's like handing your cash to nova for a flight over to japan.

theres the 8600gts as the min you'd be after or even a 7900gt if you can find one. brand noame ones will normally carry a decent warrenty on them too from manafacturer.

stormo i'm yet to see one that wasn't reccessed on either brand name psus or brand name systems or even any of the generic cases either, almost all need a flat pointy thing to flick them over like a screw driver or a girly fingernail.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
you see that little little administrators appointed thing there.

that company is 4.5 million in debt so it's like handing your cash to nova for a flight over to japan.

I didn't even notice that, thanks for the tip. That aside, what do you think of the system for the price?
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks ok although it's a 3 generation old video card(look for atleast a x1950pro or a 7900gt unless you want something that was below avg in the day and now fairly crap by anyones standards) , generic case( dodgy to work in , normally psu's that give out dirty power, have loud fans and avg cooling, spend the extra 50$ on a entry level brand name case+ psu and it'll give you a few upgrades inside it) , older mother board chipset(older stock, there was the 965 and the newer p35 to look at instead for better performance and legs), and the speakers probly aren't worth the money you are paying for them(if it's rating is in pmpo then avoid it ).

have a look here for some suggestions
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=wiki&tag=rmp_sg_bpb

as i said before try to spend as much as you can stretch on a decent monitor , it'll last you longer that way.
dell make some rather nice ones http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/19lcd?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs
and have the wonderful 14 day satisfaction garentee, if you don't like it call them up for a new one or cash back. eg mine came with 2 dead pixels in the corner, they couriered me out a new one that was there the next day , i just had to send mine back in the pre-paid box they left Very Happy.

and if your not a total audiophile then try the logitech x530's as your speakers shopping around you'll find them for aroun 100$ if you shop around.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:

and if your not a total audiophile then try the logitech x530's as your speakers shopping around you'll find them for aroun 100$ if you shop around.

the x530's are a real treat Very Happy although now they have been replaced by the x540's i believe, which is essentially the same thing from what i can tell although different design on the speakers, more boxier, which looks ugly IMO

I have the x530's for my room for 5.1 from my DVD player, it goes pretty sweetly and when i have hooked them up to the pc on the odd occasion the sound quality is pretty good, at least compared to the average XMS speakers i'm currently using (from a 5.1 surround but pc only has standard input so only 2.1 for me)

That or Altec Lansing is another to go for
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info bg, sounds like I should be patient and wait until I have a bit more to spend on my system.
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any editors on here? I got a simple question: can I use Final Cut Pro 7 scratch disk files in Premiere Pro 2?

I've tried pasting it all into the Premiere Pro 2 scratch disk but it doesn't seem to achieve anything. I'm guessing I need to convert it somehow so that it is recognised. But there is still the issue of me not having the damn captured media.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking at getting a Digital USB TV Tuner but i'd thought i'd ask you guys first as to see what you think.

This one has taken my interest
and its only $79 at PLE.com.au

while looking on DSE I found this one by Pinnacle
its more expensive at $98 but i've heard of Pinnacle and i hear they are a good brand

I dont want to go any higher than $100 if possible
redacidman
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
While usb is great for most things, be wary of usb tv dongles, while they may work, you might buy a lemon...

I've seen cases where some brands don't work as advertized, while pinnacles are normally a good brand to use, I will say this if going usb tv dongle route expect a lot of trial and errors, you may go through 3-7 brands or more before finding 1 that is complient with your laptop, pc and OS...
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
got one of these in for a person at work , worked well after a driver update.

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/dvbtnano.aspx

decent price small and does hdtv.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So my (rather old) computer has a problem. Basically the mouse and sometimes the keyboard as well just stop responding. After a random period of time the cursor on screen just stops responding to the mouse, though the mouse itself (being an IntelliMouse) still lights up when moved. Sometimes the keyboard still works and sometimes it doesn't (with even the caps lock key not working). Resetting the computer doesn't solve the problem, but turning it off and then on again gets everything working again (until it stops working again).

Any suggestions on what the problem may be?
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried using another mouse/keyboard?

If so, it may be a fault o' the motherboard.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
Tried using another mouse/keyboard?

If so, it may be a fault o' the motherboard.

Haven't tried a different mouse/keyboard, though I'm doubtful that'll work. I may give a shot anyway.

I suspected it may be the motherboard, but am hoping it's not...
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
Haven't tried a different mouse/keyboard, though I'm doubtful that'll work. I may give a shot anyway.

Oh, it probably won't fix the problem but it'll help in working out whats wrong. If the new keyboard/mouse works than it's the other keyboard/mouse. If not, it'd be something else.

Oh, are they PS/2 or USB?
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
[..]

Oh, it probably won't fix the problem but it'll help in working out whats wrong. If the new keyboard/mouse works than it's the other keyboard/mouse. If not, it'd be something else.

Oh, are they PS/2 or USB?

They're connected to PS/2 ports, but I think the mouse has a USB adapter to connect to it. Not at home right now so can't actually check.
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so just to check

mouse and keyboard are seamingly indepentdant in locking up eg one or the other or both?

or is it mouse first then keyboard?

reboot won't "unlock" them but a total power down will?

have you in the past hot plugged those ps/2 ports?
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think I can fix this myself because I have tried but here it goes:

Last week I dropped my laptop. There wasn't any damage at the time, but when I went to use it later in the day and closed it after I finished, one of the bolts that binds the screen to the backing came off and a bolt from one of the hinges fell off too. So the hinge isn't working properly and the black bordering of the screen is no longer bolted to the backing.

I've tried putting the bolt back in, but it just doesn't stay. Keeps coming out.

I was thinking of just taking it to a repair shop.
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
buy me lunch and i'll have a look at it, i'm staying up near disco
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol broadmeadows

ill buy you $2 cheeseburger
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
free this arvo if you wanna drive up.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
[..]

They're connected to PS/2 ports, but I think the mouse has a USB adapter to connect to it. Not at home right now so can't actually check.

Younger brother had a very similar problem about 4-5 years ago with an intellimouse, it took me weeks to find out what was locking up his PC (bios flashing, reinstalling windows with different drivers, twice).
It took so long because you simply couldn't replicate it at will (it would be fine for a day then do it again).

It turned out the intellimouse had a slightly dodgy cable, every now and then it would go dead and the PC locked up because of it.
I eventually narrowed it down when I swapped his mouse with mine, and hey presto it did it on my machine.
You should have heard me :p

IIRC when it does it with USB you don't get the machine locking up, but under a PS2 connection it tends to lock up.

I think it was a fairly common thing for the wire to go wrong on the original versions, as it didn't have any strain relief where it comes out from the mouse body (I know I had it happen on two of ours).
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The original optical Intellimouse Explorers were notorious for their dodgy cable. We had ours replaced/repaired under warranty three times before we gave up and just bought a decent mouse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking at getting a wireless router, under $100 preferrable, as i've pretty much had it with the Nintendo Wi-fi Adaptor as lately it seems to be working alot less, even after a reboot, not sure if its when other people login or the USB port itself

But anyway thinking of this D-link wireless router for $98 at DSE
That is unless someone knows of a better offer elsewhere (physical store preferrable)
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Centrecom have a Linksys WRT54G listed for $69, though that is the online order price and I have no idea if you live anywhere near any of their brick and mortar stores.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll look at getting that then, seems to be what i need.
Don't live anywhere near their stores as i'm not in Vic
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dlink consumer stuff is fairly dodgy for the most part, unpowered and lacking performance.

try the one himi mentioned or a netgear 614.

it is a router/ap so remember to disable dhcp too Very Happy.

although i don't think it does multiple sid's for the wep you need for the DS and the wpa you need to stop the kid nexxt door blowing your quota with britney spears and nysync and linkn park albulms
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
mouse and keyboard are seamingly indepentdant in locking up eg one or the other or both?

or is it mouse first then keyboard?

I haven't been using my computer at home much, except to play video files. Because of that I only mainly use the mouse and rarely use the keyboard. So I notice that it's the mouse first, but it's possible it's the keyboard first sometimes but I don't notice cause I rarely have to use the keyboard.

beardedgeek wrote:
reboot won't "unlock" them but a total power down will?

Yep, although for the first time yesterday, even a power on/off didn't work on the first go...

beardedgeek wrote:
have you in the past hot plugged those ps/2 ports?

Not that I can recall. May have done so ages ago, but not anytime that correlates with this problem starting.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
It turned out the intellimouse had a slightly dodgy cable, every now and then it would go dead and the PC locked up because of it.
I eventually narrowed it down when I swapped his mouse with mine, and hey presto it did it on my machine.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll take my mouse from the office home and try that. If the problem is simple as the mouse then I will be much happy (and also a bit annoyed I didn't actually bother trying another mouse earlier Razz).
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:

But anyway thinking of this D-link wireless router for $98 at DSE
That is unless someone knows of a better offer elsewhere (physical store preferrable)
That's the wireless router I've got (unless its pic lies). Easy as hell to set up (although I dislike it's total power over my modem), and it works fine with the DS. Although some of the earlier revisions are meant to have ds issues, however you'd be hard done by to come across one of them.

It does have the occaisional kill internet/network issue though, but they're few and far between, and it only take 20 seconds to fix thankfully.

Anime News Network Australia
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use a Dynalink RTA-1025W... I think they are out of your budget tho (Cormain [online store] had them for ~$120 when I last checked), but I get awesome wireless coverage, excellent performance and its nice and stable. I was reading an issue of APC this year in which they were quite fond of them... mind you, they have also raved about Billion products in the past, and I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole after my old 5102 kept on corrupting its firmware, Billion wouldn't honor their warranty (same problem happened to a friend as well) and couldn't come close to doing anything when I started torrenting stuff Razz

I'm not sure how much of an authority they are, but if memory serves dlink stuff gets trashed a bit on the Whirlpool forums too. Since my suggestion's out of your range, go with whatever beardo recommends - he'll know which is the good stuff and which stuff is a pile of rubbish.

-Mangaman-
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah im gunna go with what Himi mentioned, or the next one up on that model, the GL which is $80 odd

depending on how finances go with xmas approaching fast, i may hold off until the new year
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having trouble with clicking. Yes, clicking. Not as you're probably thinking though.

Every time I click there is a VERY high chance of it acting as a double-click (say 7/10). This is really irritating as when I close a tab down in Firefox it often closes the next one as well. It's even happening in games which is really annoying as well.

It's not a virus or anything of the sort nor is a problem with the mouse itself.

Please help me!
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I forgot to take my mouse home from the office, but based on bg's question suggesting the problem may be ps/2 port I tried plugging it into a USB port instead. Didn't notice the problem for a day or two, then the mouse stopped working while I was using it, and the computer came up with a message that a USB device not being recognised or something, and then it started working again. So it seems the problem was actually the mouse (same problem Werewolfforhire had), and that when connected to the ps/2 port, once it conks out, it can't reconnect without a power on/off. Still not sure why the keyboard would stop working as well? Any ideas?
poke__egg
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
I'm having trouble with clicking. Yes, clicking. Not as you're probably thinking though.

Every time I click there is a VERY high chance of it acting as a double-click (say 7/10). This is really irritating as when I close a tab down in Firefox it often closes the next one as well. It's even happening in games which is really annoying as well.

It's not a virus or anything of the sort nor is a problem with the mouse itself.

Please help me!

short reply: lengthen your double-click timer in mouse properties.

RICE MONKEYS!!!1
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
So I forgot to take my mouse home from the office, but based on bg's question suggesting the problem may be ps/2 port I tried plugging it into a USB port instead. Didn't notice the problem for a day or two, then the mouse stopped working while I was using it, and the computer came up with a message that a USB device not being recognised or something, and then it started working again. So it seems the problem was actually the mouse (same problem Werewolfforhire had), and that when connected to the ps/2 port, once it conks out, it can't reconnect without a power on/off. Still not sure why the keyboard would stop working as well? Any ideas?

the reason it's not reccomended to hotswap ps/2 is the data lines are directly connected to the controller chip, and not to get into detail but changing the electrical properties of the plug can give it some nasty shocks, your mouse may have been connecting and disconnecting ( hot swapping in another way) , causing the controller to go blerk like a 18yo at schoolies.

atx boards have a number of power on methods and your board probly has a power on via keyboard setting or similar(so cool to only be able to power a pc on via a password on the keyboard) so keeps the controller in it's blerked state till a total power down.

keyboard being on the same controller will be suffering the same fate.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
beardedgeek wrote:
[..]

the reason it's not reccomended to hotswap ps/2 is the data lines are directly connected to the controller chip, and not to get into detail but changing the electrical properties of the plug can give it some nasty shocks, your mouse may have been connecting and disconnecting ( hot swapping in another way) , causing the controller to go blerk like a 18yo at schoolies.

atx boards have a number of power on methods and your board probly has a power on via keyboard setting or similar(so cool to only be able to power a pc on via a password on the keyboard) so keeps the controller in it's blerked state till a total power down.

keyboard being on the same controller will be suffering the same fate.

Thanks for that.

Got a new mouse yesterday. Specifically got a Logitech rather than a Microsoft one, though admittedly the IntelliMouse did last a good many years before going wacky on me.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
poke__egg wrote:
short reply: lengthen your double-click timer in mouse properties.

I have. Every setting. It doesn't make a difference.

I was also incorrect in my assumption about how often it occurs. It seems to fluctuate. Wildly. One minute it'll be fine and the next every click is registering as a double click...
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
[..]

I have. Every setting. It doesn't make a difference.

I was also incorrect in my assumption about how often it occurs. It seems to fluctuate. Wildly. One minute it'll be fine and the next every click is registering as a double click...

I've been having the same problem on my system for a few months and it's been driving me nuts, but i'm too cheap to buy a new mouse just yet (i'm not even sure it is the mouse).
In my case it might do it repeatedly for a few minutes/hours then be fine for the next day or 3.

I'm using a logitech Desktop MX set with the latest logitech setpoint drivers (updated them after the problem started).
I'm wondering if it might be due to some other software i've got installed (younger brother had some fun with MS mouse and keyboard software working against each other at one point*)

What are you using?

On a vaguely related note;)
Does anyone have any experience of the heatsink retention mechanism for the Intel 775 sockets?
I put my nephews new machine (xmas present) together yesterday and was a bit alarmed by the feel of the heatsink clipping into place (although it was easier than with the Athlons, and at least I didn't have to worry about crushing the core:p).
I'm surprised how quiet it is now it's assembled, the hard drive is the noisiest part (and that isn't too bad), thanks to the chunky retail heatsink and the Antec Sonata case.

*IIRC it was on his cursed Atlhon 1.4ghz system, and turned out to be something to do with the way both sets of software were trying to use direct input at the same time (early direct x).
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
What are you using?

I actually...have no idea... All I know is that it's a wireless keyboard/mouse combo Confused

It only happened once today, which is good, and I do go through some days without anything going wrong.
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an ATI Radeon x700.

Today I tried to load TF2, but it refused to load, I tried to also load HL2 and Episode 01 but neither would load.

Steam has been bugging me to update my drivers for a couple of weeks, so I did...and now my computer runs like crap. Everything I click on something, it refreshes, when I browse on Firefox and scroll down, it refreshes...

It's almost as if I need more RAM, except it was working fine before.

So I went back to the drivers I had originally. Same problem. Any ideas before I format and reinstall windows?
beardedgeek
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
could be buggered drivers theres a few removal tools online, try them for redeon drivers and start fresh
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
uninstalled then went back to the previous drivers and it all seems to work now.

Except that it stopped my video working :/ But that's all fixed now

Page 2 of 29

Jump to: