Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Double sided DVD case

Double sided DVD case
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Double sided DVD case Reply with quote
Nothing much behind this thread other than the sake of curiosity to be honest lol =P

But I've got a few 2 disc set volumes from Madman and I've noticed that all of em have got that extra insertable cd holder flap to house the 2nd disc, much like the one below.

I was just wondering if Madman has ever used a double sided dvd case in other such similar instances?

I don't know about the rest of the users here, but personally I'd much prefer the double sided dvd case really lol =P
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The insert is more commonly used as on the left side is usually chapter listings and sometimes has inserts such as booklets or promo stuff.
Onmyodo
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Galaxy Angel AA has four discs in a double sided case. Discs 1 + 4 are on either sides, and discs 2 + 3 are in the middle.
brocko
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
The insert is more commonly used as on the left side is usually chapter listings and sometimes has inserts such as booklets or promo stuff.

Good point never actually thought of it that way before.

Then is it possible to buy just an empty case from madman then? I'm thinking of replacing the cd flapped case with a straight up double sided one, as the sets I've got doesn't have a booklet or the likes to warrant the left side being left open or free.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go to a computer store (and by that I mean smaller stores not Harvey Norman and the like). Most sell empty cases for next to nothing.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Double sided DVD case Reply with quote
brocko wrote:
I was just wondering if Madman has ever used a double sided dvd case in other such similar instances?

Patlabor I/II. But some time after that, Madman changed the pattern of DVD cases they use [from M-lock to amaray], and amaray cases don't come in that double-sided format [the hinges are too big or something].

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: