Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Naruto Box set and Shippuden collectors edition?

Naruto Box set and Shippuden collectors edition?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Naruto Box set and Shippuden collectors edition? Reply with quote
Will Madman release a boxset with all 16 dvds of the naruto series?
i like to know because i only have 5 volumes but i dont want to buy the rest and spend like $500 on them

Also will they release shippuden in a collectors box
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No plans at this point in time. If we were to it'd be split up between the arcs anyway. BUT that being said there are no immediate plans.

No Shippuden will not have a collector's box. We are doing the releases as 13 episode double DVD packs. We also don't know how many episodes the series will be, so doing a box is kind of moot.
jedite1000
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok thanx for the reply
azn2newbie
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd like it if they had a Boxset for the first 5 collections and a 2nd for the next 5, then 2 Boxsets containing the remaining 6 volumes.

That's just my opinion.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Naruto Shippuden is currently up to 150 and is till not up to the current Manga Arc. So I think it may be over 200 episodes.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the Shippuden collection 1 last week and I have to say episode 1 Homecoming started of a little weird before the starting credits as it skips to Naruto team of Yamato, Sado and Sakura trying to find Sasuke.

But this is more into Shippuden so how does it become first episode of part 2 which is a little off.

After the starting credits it resumes to Naruto arriving in the village after two and half years.

When I saw this I though there was a fault in the disc or the wrong episode was put on the disc.
But it's and unusual start to the series.

Other than that I have enjoyed part 2 anime so far and can't wait for collection 2.

Though I question why is the collection only 2 discs and NOT 3 as 3 discs you could have more episodes and follow the previous Naruto collections of having 3 discs aswell.

I would prefer a 3 disc collection of Shippuden as more episodes per collection.
Zane Truesdale
BT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I got the Shippuden collection 1 last week and I have to say episode 1 Homecoming started of a little weird before the starting credits as it skips to Naruto team of Yamato, Sado and Sakura trying to find Sasuke.

But this is more into Shippuden so how does it become first episode of part 2 which is a little off.

After the starting credits it resumes to Naruto arriving in the village after two and half years.

When I saw this I though there was a fault in the disc or the wrong episode was put on the disc.
But it's and unusual start to the series.

Other than that I have enjoyed part 2 anime so far and can't wait for collection 2.

Though I question why is the collection only 2 discs and NOT 3 as 3 discs you could have more episodes and follow the previous Naruto collections of having 3 discs aswell.

I would prefer a 3 disc collection of Shippuden as more episodes per collection.

If I remember that first part to ep1 of Shippuden was done as a teaser because the manga was around that point when it was released or something along those lines.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah as watching it looked like a teaser but it looked like a whole episode of that event, until after the starting credits kicked in everything changed to way it was suppose to.

The only thing I do find annoying about Naruto anime is constant replay of the same footage over and over again to make the episode longer.

The fight between Kakashi vs Sakura and Naruto was a bit too long than I expected as even the manga the fight is not that long as it's only a couple of pages really but I wasn't disappointed with it.

Sasori complain of 'waiting' is a little over the top as the manga doesn't see him complain that much.

You actually managed to see the fight with Sasori and Kankuro as bit longer than the manga as the manga doesn't show how Kankuro get injured with poison.

The manga doesn show much of a fight at all except for the bit were he attacks Sasori's mask and grabs a bit of the fabric which is part of the storyline but other than that it was good.
jedite1000
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also why does it take so long for Madman to release the next dvd of Shippuden, its like every 3 months
jedite1000
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this sux i thought we wernt getting naruto boxset so i bought all the volumes individually now a box set is releasing
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The manga is even slower too as its like every three months due to shonen jump magazine releases.
If it wasn't for the SJ magazine it would be every two to maybe three months depending on how fast they catch up to the japanese novels.

But I wouldn't complain about speed of the releases as Madman are releasing quiet a lot of anime titles in the next few months.

The only good thing we can say "At least were getting them"
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In regards to the Naruto boxset that is being released in October, is that a limited run like the DBZ one is going to be? I got the impression from a MM Q&A that there were only going to be limited numbers but have heard that MM have stated elsewhere that it will be an ongoing production?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
In regards to the Naruto boxset that is being released in October, is that a limited run like the DBZ one is going to be? I got the impression from a MM Q&A that there were only going to be limited numbers but have heard that MM have stated elsewhere that it will be an ongoing production?

For now yes it's limited. If there's a huge demand for it we will go back to reprint it.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, thanks for the reply. Seems to be conflicting information though via your Facebook page:
Madman on F/B wrote:
Quote:
This won't be a limited edition release. It will be an ongoing one for the forseeable future
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything's limited one way or another Razz
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
Everything's limited one way or another Razz
True enough - for this initial release can you please say how many boxes will be available from this first print?
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay...question...I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.

Naruto Shippuden Volume 4 is listed as a November release, making it two months instead of three months between releases. Will they be released every two months from now on? And it has 14 episodes instead of 13. Is this the new norm or is the the extra episode on there to complete the current arc?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As for 14 episodes it could be an extra episode to compete the current arc but won't know I until I watch it. Razz
But I'll have to check where we are up to as I think Sasuke comes into it as he's training with Orochimaru.

As for releases well that's madman's decision and depending how fast they get the episodes.

I managed to get Volume 3 over a week ago and I'll find some time to watch it and see how far the episodes go as far as in storyline.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It DOES finish the arc....the Sasuke and Sai or Long-Awaited Reunion arc as it's called...episodes 33 to 53...so I kind of assumed that was the reason for the extra episode on this set.

But I'm still curious with the early release date, though...it's coming out two months after the latest one instead of three. This COULD be to catch us up with the US releases as it looks like they get the same boxset on October 19th.

The second movie, Bonds, is also set for a Fall 2010 release in the US (though I've been unable to find a listing for it on any US sites)...so maybe we'll be seeing that soon too.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any extras in the boxset? I'm definately keen to pre order it, but can't find much information about it anywhere.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The currently released ones don't have a lot...trailers and production art. I'd like textless openings/endings (does anyone else find the kinda crucified Sasuke wrapped in snakes in the latest opening as disturbing as I do?) like we get on other titles.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's because Sasuke is trainined by Orochimaru and is using he's fighting style of snakes.
Snakes come out of he's sleeves of he's shirt or basically from he's arms...well you'll see it the later episodes.
Even Anko has this fighting style of sending out snakes from her arms.

Sasuke pretty much almost mimics Orochimaru in most parts of Shippuden until later parts of Shippuden where he fights more like he's brother Itachi due to the sharingan abilities.

I have to say Orochimaru is one of my favourite villians as he's snake style is freaky and attacking with the Kusanagi sword that comes out of he's mouth.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah...I know how the story's progressed...even though I can't say I'm particularly happy with it. It was pretty good up until the Sasuke vs Itachi fight, but after that...well...I stopped reading it a while back...

But I've still got over a year of DVDs to enjoy before it gets to that point Very Happy
Hellion
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
be nice if they added in the movie that ties into each box set.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the addition of the movies would of been nice.

One thing I have noticed in the complete box set is that alot of the discs are out of order in the boxes themselves. Might sound so picky but I thought it was kinda odd that my discs were just all over the place. It was confined to just each box themselves though, So it wasn't like having Season 1 discs in the last fatpack, they were just jumbled up in the first fatpack.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the naruto complete box set still available, also how much?
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No and $399.99

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: