Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

title suggestion-Original Mobile Suit Gundam,Z,ZZ

title suggestion-Original Mobile Suit Gundam,Z,ZZ
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: title suggestion-Original Mobile Suit Gundam,Z,ZZ Reply with quote
Probably made a million times this suggestion but i don't care I really want this especially after playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam I wanna see the full story of Amuro Ray, Kamille Bidan and Judau Ashta and not pay $AU35 for each dvd from the USA and I'd like to be able to watch it on my PS3.
Bowspearer
Koishi Herikawa

Location: Central Coast (the place being slowly devoured by the hole known as Sydney which I escaped from)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: title suggestion-Original Mobile Suit Gundam,Z,ZZ Reply with quote
ultimasupersaiyan wrote:
Probably made a million times this suggestion but i don't care I really want this especially after playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam I wanna see the full story of Amuro Ray, Kamille Bidan and Judau Ashta and not pay $AU35 for each dvd from the USA and I'd like to be able to watch it on my PS3.

Actually these would be better served as releases following 8th team if you really wanted to get people into the UC universe- besides Zeta isn't that crash hot as a series.
outerspacerace
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love the original series to be released locally, it's one of my most wanted titles.
Shinji 3.141
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fuzzguitar wrote:
I'd love the original series to be released locally, it's one of my most wanted titles.

I second that.

Play Star Trek Online or Star Citizen? The Ausmonauts!
Bowspearer
Koishi Herikawa

Location: Central Coast (the place being slowly devoured by the hole known as Sydney which I escaped from)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll third it- the original has to be better than Zeta, mind you I suspect I'll be watching it subbed as the dub on it is bad to say the least.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bowspearer wrote:
I'll third it- the original has to be better than Zeta, mind you I suspect I'll be watching it subbed as the dub on it is bad to say the least.

The english dub for MSG wasn't bad, but I rather see 08th MS Team come out than MSG. MSG was boring.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
ultimasupersaiyan
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully they can release these on DVD before they release the newer Gundam series Mobile Suit Gundam 00 which will hopefully be better than Gundam Seed Destiny which had a similar ending to Gundam Seed.

People really need to stop watching so much anime without considering to read the manga versions.

T.T Why must FUNimation destroy everything I love! It's beansprout not short stack! RIP D.Gray-man for western audiences.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ultimasupersaiyan wrote:
Hopefully they can release these on DVD before they release the newer Gundam series Mobile Suit Gundam 00 which will hopefully be better than Gundam Seed Destiny which had a similar ending to Gundam Seed.

I'd be honestly suprised if they do. MM have tended to avoid older tv series in preference for newer ones.

YUA and other series are examples of this, though Slayers and Ranma 1/2 were the exceptions I believe.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Norbie
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
'MM have tended to avoid older tv series in preference for newer ones. '

I thing they've had many situations where an older show was requested by many people on Madbor. and when they do release it, hardly anyone gets it.

100 people say they will get it
5 Will only buy it.

NH
redacidman
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
excluding z and zz series most of the gundam series in the US are in fatpack form with options of UC timeline being available in boxsets...

as for online shopping from the US shop around you can find bargains if you know where to look...

becareful with a few of the movies you may only get a Japanese only release not all discs will be bi-lingual as it might say on the slick...
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been asked probably close to OVER 9000! times.

Wonder if this situation becomes any different now that Bandai Visual USA is no more? I'm hoping so...

Bowspearer wrote:
Actually these would be better served as releases following 8th team if you really wanted to get people into the UC universe- besides Zeta isn't that crash hot as a series.

Terrible opinions and ideas from Bowspearer.

In other news, planets are round.

Bowspearer wrote:
I'll third it- the original has to be better than Zeta

It's not.

...but only in the same way that finding $100 on the street is better than finding $50 on the street: both great, but one just reaches a level of excellence that surpasses the other.
Mattos
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
[..]

The english dub for MSG wasn't bad, but I rather see 08th MS Team come out than MSG. MSG was boring.

Unfortunately like all the UC ova's back knowledge of MSG is fundemental. So really if they are going to release UC over here *which i hope they do eventually* I'd recommend atleast release the MSG movies first. The TV series is a bit hit and miss, while i found the movies to be a better telling of the story and more consistant with later UC series. Also I believe if the OVA's for the UC were to be released before the TV series, then newer fans may be disoriented by the drop in animation quality and style changes. I'd prefer to let new fans experience MSG and decide from that whether or not they are interested in watching more UC.

I personally loved Zeta gundam, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into UC and anyone who likes quality 80's anime.

ZZ gundam I doubt will see a release here ever, unless Bandai Ent licenses it. Madman wouldn't get it because it wouldn't be a popular enough title to justify the costs.
Mattos
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
[..]

Unfortunately like all the UC ova's back knowledge of MSG is fundemental. So really if they are going to release UC over here *which i hope they do eventually* I'd recommend atleast release the MSG movies first. The TV series is a bit hit and miss, while i found the movies to be a better telling of the story and more consistant with later UC series. Also I believe if the OVA's for the UC were to be released before the TV series, then newer fans may be disoriented by the drop in animation quality and style changes. I'd prefer to let new fans experience MSG and decide from that whether or not they are interested in watching more UC.

I personally loved Zeta gundam, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into UC and anyone who likes quality 80's anime.

ZZ gundam I doubt will see a release here ever, unless Bandai Ent licenses it. Madman wouldn't get it because it wouldn't be a popular enough title to justify the costs.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: