Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Dragonball Z QnA

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dragonball Z QnA
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Dragonball Z QnA Reply with quote
If you need any Dragonball/Z/GT answers that you don't, or are wondering about something you don't understand or just want to test my knowledge ask me any Dragonball/Z/GT Questions,

And i will be sure to answer them for you, Very Happy

Anime_Stream is a new and growing Anime forum, here we talk about many anime and many more such as GFX, General Discussion etc.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragonball Z QnA Reply with quote
Namek_Guy wrote:
If you need any Dragonball/Z/GT answers that you don't, or are wondering about something you don't understand or just want to test my knowledge ask me any Dragonball/Z/GT Questions,

See, the problem with this is Google.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
when is dragonball af comnig out[/list]
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
when is dragonball af comnig out[/list]

Sorry but there is no such thing, if you see things or pictures they were fan made, There was an interview with Akira Toriyama he had stated he can't even remember Dragonball, plus his working on his final project which is the art for Blue Dragon.

Anime_Stream is a new and growing Anime forum, here we talk about many anime and many more such as GFX, General Discussion etc.
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no my brotherr saw it in japan and he recorded the tapes i watched it but it is broken

i herd the ucnut version from funi is a lie, dbz is really super violent and 4 adults in japan y did they hange it to b 4 kids

i haet 4KIDS! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
no my brotherr saw it in japan and he recorded the tapes i watched it but it is broken

i herd the ucnut version from funi is a lie, dbz is really super violent and 4 adults in japan y did they hange it to b 4 kids

Sorry but there is no such thiong as Dragonball AF so don't post pointless posts and questions in this Topic.

Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is dbz reli widescreen
stone_monkey
Team Edward FTW!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:

1. Recording off the TV is illegal subject to copyright laws.

Quote:

A lie?...Uhm....no, however it was CUT because of the violence in it and then it was shown on American TV.

The original DBZ is violent, the way it should be in all its' wonderful glory Very Happy

Just a small note Namek_Guy.....this thread has been done countless times, if it becomes abusive and flame wars start, it will die an extremely horrible death.

Very Happy
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh dear I shall retract my obviously retarded statements.

Please, please.
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a small note, Dragonball AF= Never existed, he did a parady called Neko Majin Z after Dragonball Z and that's it,

Yeah i know these threads usually get wrecked by people who don't know what they were talking about...

Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
More often than not they're wrecked by the very same, humourless people who start them with grand notions of being the new, smart and clever DBZ expert.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally I'm just glad this forum's seeing a little bit of activity.

If you want to test your knowledge though there was an old Q&A thread that was popular back in the day. Look for that.
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean the Dragonball/Z or the actual Madboards?,

Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The DBZ forums. They've been all but dead for quite some time.
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow i'm surprised, well seeing as i'm a massive fan i'm gonna try and keep this active myself Wink

Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, good luck with that guy.
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragonball Z QnA Reply with quote
Namek_Guy wrote:

What's the scouter say about his power level?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:

Dragonball AF does exist. However only as a doujinshi (fan manga) by a guy named Toyble.

You can download english translations off http://www.desirecampbell.com/index.php?page=pro_dbaf

However, Toyble did not start this whole AF thing. The rumours and images started surfacing a long, long time beforehand, Toyble is only borrowing ideas from all the rumours and images and making a manga out of it. It's a mystery about where the rumours started and from what original source they came from.

All I can tell you is that AF definitely doesn't exist due to obvious lack of news reports, fansubs, youtube videos, an English dub and more solid evidence like so.

As for the tape, you were probably viewing DBGT or a movie special and mistook it for AF.

About the editing.. yes, Dragonball Z received terrible treatment and was heavily edited for television. However, Funimation have had uncut releases out for many years now.

On a side note I don't understand your statement "I haet 4kids!!" If you are referring to the disgraceful dubbing company that heavily edit anime then you are mistaken, 4kids have nothing to do with anything Dragonball related.

Instel wrote:
is dbz reli widescreen

Heck no, Funimation cropped the original 4:3 aspect ratio into 16:9 format, and then tell the fans lies saying that's the original format for the first time on DVD.

I hope this has been helpful and please learn how to spell. No offence or anything....
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dude, its a deliberate troll/joke, read the rest of the thread PLEASE.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Dragonball Z QnA Reply with quote
Inniss 1428 wrote:
What's the scouter say about his power level?
But it doesn't make a bit of difference guys, the balls are inert Razz

Anime News Network Australia
Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
Dude, its a deliberate troll/joke, read the rest of the thread PLEASE.

Oh, was confused since other people were answering you as if you were serious. I shall retract my obviously retarded statements.

EDIT: It's funny how it's actually hard to tell these days the difference between someone pretending to be a noob and someone who actually is.
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol it would be great if we just stuck to the subject lol,

Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Namek_Guy wrote:
Lol it would be great if we just stuck to the subject lol,

Okay porcupine, but everyone knows everything about DBZ already, And as Gouki said, people have google. They have DaizEX. Need more?
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
Okay porcupine, but everyone knows everything about DBZ already, And as Gouki said, people have google. They have DaizEX. Need more?

Okay, I'm going to stop you there. You've made, what, less than 100 posts and you're suddenly acting as if you have the right to troll threads in the fashion you are.

Obviously this Namek fellow is trying to bring a little more activity to this forum by answering peoples questions, if any, and to see if he actually knows as much as he thinks.

What's wrong with that?
Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, since no one else has questions I'll try and keep this alive with some questions for Namek Guy.

Now, I only half watched Dragonball GT as it is kinda crap and has plot holes, boring fights and animation capable of making my eyes bleed. So I can't remember how one turns into a Super Saiya-jin 4. I am curious to know because I was a bit confused while reading the Dragonball AF doujinshi as to whether or not Gohan turning Super Saiya-jin 4 is a plot hole or not....
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
[..]

Okay, I'm going to stop you there. You've made, what, less than 100 posts and you're suddenly acting as if you have the right to troll threads in the fashion you are.

And you're saying you have the right to troll threads if you reach a certian amount of posts? Subsequently post count does not overall infer quality so really this entire argument is bunk.

had I not said anything this entire thread wouldnt have done anything.
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Punktaku wrote:
Ok, since no one else has questions I'll try and keep this alive with some questions for Namek Guy.

Now, I only half watched Dragonball GT as it is kinda crap and has plot holes, boring fights and animation capable of making my eyes bleed. So I can't remember how one turns into a Super Saiya-jin 4. I am curious to know because I was a bit confused while reading the Dragonball AF doujinshi as to whether or not Gohan turning Super Saiya-jin 4 is a plot hole or not....

a)Gohan Dosen't Turn Super Saiyan 4, nor does he have much part in Dragonball GT.

b)Elder Kai findsout a levelk beyond Super Saiyan 3, and in order for this Goku needs to grow his tail back, turn into an Oozaru and power up, Vegeta uses a gamma ray which was provided by bulma and instantly goes from Super Saiyan 2 into a Super Saiyan 4.

CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
And you're saying you have the right to troll threads if you reach a certian amount of posts? Subsequently post count does not overall infer quality so really this entire argument is bunk.

had I not said anything this entire thread wouldnt have done anything.

*sigh*

You've totally missed the point, dude. I was basically saying you haven't contributed anything really towards this board so what gives you the authority to start in on some other guy who's trying?

Man, I hate dealing with idiots. I'll remember in future to not use big words so you don't get confused, 'kay? Also, props on the arrogance.
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CruelGenesis wrote:
[..]

*sigh*

You've totally missed the point, dude. I was basically saying you haven't contributed anything really towards this board so what gives you the authority to start in on some other guy who's trying?

Man, I hate dealing with idiots. I'll remember in future to not use big words so you don't get confused, 'kay? Also, props on the arrogance.

You didnt even use big words so your condescending nature is entirely superfluous.

The point you made, simply put, was that you were under the assumption that since your ePenis reached over 9000(4000) posts you had every 'right' to come in and backseat moderate.

I have every right to take him down a notch as he does to try to raise one up.

Next time try to deal with your own stupidity in your own time instead of having me deal with it, 'kay?
Namek_Guy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys c'mon, if you want to argue about this please just do it over MSN,
seriously you guys are just basically just spamming this thread argueing.

Not being rude or anythin but things can be sttled over PM.

CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel wrote:
You didnt even use big words so your condescending nature is entirely superfluous.

Thesauruses are cool, aren't they? 'sides, I was merely making a joke about your intellect. Sheesh.

Instel wrote:
The point you made, simply put, was that you were under the assumption that since your ePenis reached over 9000(4000) posts you had every 'right' to come in and backseat moderate.

Nah, I just don't like you is all.

Instel wrote:
I have every right to take him down a notch as he does to try to raise one up.

I have every right to do the same but instead of discouraging the OP from posting creative threads, I'm encouraging it.

Instel wrote:
Next time try to deal with your own stupidity in your own time instead of having me deal with it, 'kay?

So being right means I'm stupid now? Man, times have changed!

Namek_Guy wrote:
Guys c'mon, if you want to argue about this please just do it over MSN,
seriously you guys are just basically just spamming this thread argueing.

Not being rude or anythin but things can be sttled over PM.

I wouldn't call this an argument really. Argument sorta implies that I'm putting in any sort of effort.

But, seeing as this thread'll be heading towards a lock, I won't bother posting anymore. Instel can go cry in the corner by himself or something.
Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Namek_Guy wrote:
[..]

a)Gohan Dosen't Turn Super Saiyan 4, nor does he have much part in Dragonball GT.

b)Elder Kai findsout a levelk beyond Super Saiyan 3, and in order for this Goku needs to grow his tail back, turn into an Oozaru and power up, Vegeta uses a gamma ray which was provided by bulma and instantly goes from Super Saiyan 2 into a Super Saiyan 4.

I was talking about this Dragonnball AF doujinshi that's actually really good! Gohan turns Super Saiya-jin 4 in it and I know it doesn't matter that much since it's not an official Toei or Akira Toriyama work but I'm enjoying it all the same so hence I care about the plot.

Now I thought you had to be a pure blood Saiya-jin as well to turn into level 4 right?
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Punktaku wrote:
Now I thought you had to be a pure blood Saiya-jin as well to turn into level 4 right?
You do know doujinshi's are nothing more than unnoficial comics, generally drawn by anime fans to please their desires. They rarely follow the story they borrow the characters from and the artists generally have no ties whatsoever to the creator or anyone else related to the anime/manga their drawing about.
As such, they can make up as much bull crap as they like, regardless of whether the real show told a different story or not. It's nothing more an anime fan's dream, and he can do what the hell he pleases (including ssj4 gohan and ssj5 people).

Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
[..]

You do know doujinshi's are nothing more than unnoficial comics, generally drawn by anime fans to please their desires. They rarely follow the story they borrow the characters from and the artists generally have no ties whatsoever to the creator or anyone else related to the anime/manga their drawing about.
As such, they can make up as much bull crap as they like, regardless of whether the real show told a different story or not. It's nothing more an anime fan's dream, and he can do what the hell he pleases (including ssj4 gohan and ssj5 people).

Yes, obviously I know they are entirely unofficial. But it's a bit harsh to say the story doesn't matter. If the doujinshi is good the reader gets involved with the story regardless, and therefore thinking about how the story fits into the original is inevitable. Also, thinking about continuity is a way to judge the good doujinshi from the bad ones.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Punktaku wrote:
Yes, obviously I know they are entirely unofficial. But it's a bit harsh to say the story doesn't matter.
It's an unofficial work done by a fan wanting to put his dreams to reality. It will never be apart of the official Dragonball Universe, so why should it have any bearing on it?

Punktaku wrote:
Also, thinking about continuity is a way to judge the good doujinshi from the bad ones.
To you maybe, but I doubt everyone believes that to be the case at all.

Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
[..]

To you maybe, but I doubt everyone believes that to be the case at all.

Yeah... it doesn't fit in with the universe. I would never fit it in an official timeline or any Dragonball trivia. I just want to know if it makes sense, because the case is that stories are normally more enjoyable if it makes some sort of sense.

To me maybe? Why of course! Surely stating that everything said on this subject is a matter of my opinion would be insulting your intelligence as it is obvious that not everyone agrees or thinks the same. Therefore if it is easy enough to figure out for yourself then I don't need to state the fact, unless of course, you want me to treat you like an idiot. So I shall....

Everything that I have just stated is a matter of my opinion and you are welcome to form your own.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm surprised you haven't used your intellegence yet (since i'm an idiot) to come up with your own answers that would undoubtably make some sense.

There is no concrete evidence to suggest it's possible or not. Many people use quotes and their own beliefs from GT as cannon fodder for believeing pure blooded saiyans are the only ones who can do it (Because Baby Vegeta didn't got ssj4 when he had control of the golden oozaru for instance).
However its never been officially stated that this had to be the case, so if you choose to believe it's possible, than yes it is. Gohan however would need to 'cheat' like vegeta did to reach golden oozaru though.

Punktaku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't used your intellegence yet (since i'm an idiot) to come up with your own answers that would undoubtably make some sense.

There is no concrete evidence to suggest it's possible or not. Many people use quotes and their own beliefs from GT as cannon fodder for believeing pure blooded saiyans are the only ones who can do it (Because Baby Vegeta didn't got ssj4 when he had control of the golden oozaru for instance).
However its never been officially stated that this had to be the case, so if you choose to believe it's possible, than yes it is. Gohan however would need to 'cheat' like vegeta did to reach golden oozaru though.

Thanks, and sorry for being a bit of an ass! ^^''
chutup
Banned

Location: , have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disassociated knowledge will

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instel you should just be quiet since CruelGenesis obviously have about 5,000 more posts than you. If this was in real life it would be like you arguing with the prime minister about golf clubs.

Also because I am !NOT! the kind of person who likes to derail a thread into a pointless argument, I want to ask a Dragon Ball Question.

Q: When I was playing some DBZ game, there was some fat alien or other who was going on about Goku being "the Legendary Super Saiyan, who appears only once every thousand years". But then five hundred episodes down the track or whatever, every man and his dog is going Super Saiyan. Going Super Saiyan is like passing the time of day. What happened? When did 'Super Saiyan' change from a term referring only to Goku into a state that just about anyone can attain with a little bit of growling? Or was the game just being all non-canonical?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it may be that the saiyans in the series are far more powerfull than any of the ones that were on planet vegeta and if any of them started getting powerfull freeza would kill them.
want-san
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What the deal with ss goku in movie 4 is it super saiyan or not?
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think alot of people seem to refer it as 'pre-super saiyan'.
Basically Goku had the power of a super saiyan, but was never in complete control and thus never completed the transformation properly.

Although there seems to be some truth that this was initially going to be what a super saiyan would look like, but Toei decided to not run with it and did the whole change hair colour thing in the frieza saga

black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not sure if this has been covered, referring to the english dubs of DBZ..

there is 2 versions that have been released, the 1st season and part of the 2nd season as at the time ocean dubbed this this series they didn't have a complete series so if someone was watching the 1st series in japan it's quite possible that the person watched uncut in japan on tv..

since the 1st release Funi has re-released dbz in HD format for 16x9 presentation, which has yet to be finished being released..

I believe Madman is currently up to series 5 or 6 on the HD remaster re-release, time will tell if dragon ball will also get the same treatment as DBZ, not sure if DBGT will be done yet only time will tell if that get's a re-release on a 16x9 hd remaster..

as for dragonball AF was pure speculation after the 1st run of dbgt, basically AF is pure fiction if you have a fan art manga of this fiction series don't treat it as a credible series unless it's got toei on it..

if it hasn't got toei on it treat as an illegal work thus it can't be discussed on an official forum...
Instel
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
so if someone was watching the 1st series in japan it's quite possible that the person watched uncut in japan on tv..

Ummm... duh?
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
not sure if DBGT will be done yet only time will tell if that get's a re-release on a 16x9 hd remaster..
It has already got a remaster, funi just skimped on the 16x9[/quote]

Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
[..]

Video ie meant to be worse than the singles, but otherwise it's quite a good set I've been told.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
[..]

Video is meant to be worse than the singles, but otherwise it's quite a good set I've been told.

Also, apparently the next episode previews aren't there, despite being on the singles. But yeah, dub with Japanese music, English Dan Dan, no "Step into the Grand Tour", overall sounds pretty good. (Especially since the English music was 99% of my problem with the GT dub.)

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Also, apparently the next episode previews aren't there, despite being on the singles. But yeah, dub with Japanese music, English Dan Dan, no "Step into the Grand Tour", overall sounds pretty good. (Especially since the English music was 99% of my problem with the GT dub.)

I think someone mentioned the really bizarre thing that even if you're watching the Japanese version, the title card is for the English episode. I don't know if this is correct though.
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:
I think someone mentioned the really bizarre thing that even if you're watching the Japanese version, the title card is for the English episode. I don't know if this is correct though.

I dunno, another bizarre thing apparently though is Hercule. For some reason, the dub tracks on the set seems to have Hercule instead of Mr. Satan, even though Mr. Satan was present in the singles.

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know if DB will be digitally restored? Its just that DB has so many dust particles and it can be irritating to view at times.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: