Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Worst Anime You've Watched

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Worst Anime You've Watched
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
Well mine would defiently have to be between Lain and Crush Gear, they both use so much like, animation and stuff, Lain is like so terrible and very, very pointless....

Anime_Stream is a new and growing Anime forum, here we talk about many anime and many more such as GFX, General Discussion etc.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do know how many enemies you probbably just made saying that...

On topic though. I don't think i've really seen an anime i'd classify as the worst. There's a few I probbably wont watch again unless it just happens to be on (Infinite Ryvius, Nadesico, FMA, and probbably a fair wack more if I looked), but thats mainly because my interest in anime is slowly waining due to crummed titles around, and the fact my mind can't really forget what i've seen, so picking up titles i've watched just brings back memories of what happened, and pretty much ruins me watching it.

Anime News Network Australia

Last edited by madmangohan on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
Namek_Guy wrote:
Well mine would defiently have to be between Lain and Crush Gear, they both use so much like, animation and stuff, Lain is like so terrible and very, very pointless....

Die.

Everybody knows that the worst anime of all-time is Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy. I defy you to find a worse anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Everybody knows that the worst anime of all-time is Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy. I defy you to find a worse anime.

A very proud day in MAS history that one is.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
El^Presidente wrote:
A very proud day in MAS history that one is.

In all my years there, I don't think I've ever seen anything else get as bad a reception as DLMAD. And I swear one of the previous screening co-ordinators delighted in digging up garbage.
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

I didn't know that. Never even heard of it. Now I'm curious.

Worst eh? I've seen a lot of bad stuff, but it'll be hard to choose what comes under worst. Amon Saga must've been pretty bad, because it's one of the few things I've seen that I ccan't even remember the gist of.

Namek_Guy wrote:
Well mine would defiently have to be between Lain

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Flame.
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
I defy you to find a worse anime.

Every anime that has a Title Specific forum here. Except Bebop and Dragon.
Elric of Grans
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
George wrote:

If they are the worst you can imagine, you have clearly not seen much anime. I fit most of those titles in the middle of my viewing: far from the best or worst.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had anime that didn't really move me one way or another, I've encountered shows that I wouldn't see any point in watching again once I've seen it all the way through, I've met ones that I've seen a couple of episodes and seen no point in continuing. There's even a couple of shows bought on impulse that I wish I hadn't, if only because I can think of better things to do with the money.

But there is one anime that has forever engraved itself upon my mind, one show that has caused me to fall to my knees and cry out to the cold and uncaring heavens, beseeching them to turn back the clock and return the last hour of my life to me.
The name of this horror, nay this abomination is M.D. Geist. Worse horrors may haunt the dark recesses of the internet and ex-rental bargain bins but the cold whims of fate have spared me exposure these foul creations of Cthulu and his kin.

Quote:

Ha! Even ignoring the insult against some genuinely good titles, the worst most of those titles can muster is mediocre. Go watch some low budget 80's OAVs and then come back and speak to us of your definition of bad.
philnicau
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My worst would have to be Blazing Exchange Student its was a one gag OAV-and not an especially good gag, basically about a martial artist who's attack phrase took too long to speak, so he was always getting defeated.
It was awful and ranks below Violence Jack and Legend of the Overfiend as my most Disliked Anime.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
philnicau wrote:
My worst would have to be Blazing Exchange Student its was a one gag OAV-and not an especially good gag, basically about a martial artist who's attack phrase took too long to speak, so he was always getting defeated.

See, there's actually a fair bit more jokes, here, but it's all about subverting genre expectations in the shounen fight anime of the period it's parodying. And if you aren't familiar with the source, you can't spot the the subversion.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that Lain was pretty bad, but it doesn't compare to Samurai X- Reflections and Robotech - Clash of the Bionoids.

Those 2 movies are evil incarnate.

I also rate MSG 0080 - War in the Pocket as the 3rd worst series I ever watched. 4th would be Lain and 5th being Berserk.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Takayanagi
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
but it doesn't compare to Samurai X- Reflections

5th being Berserk.

Shocked Is there something mentally wrong with you? what didn't you like about em?

Any who...for me worst anime I've had to sit through so far are Samurai Girl: Real about high school and Ah! My Goddess the movie, both series bored me to tears, I even found myself fast forwarding through Samurai girl!!
"This muffin could conquer the world! Do not underestimate the power of the muffin. The muffin will smite all those who question it. The muffin will crush all nay sayers! He who controls the muffin controls the entire world!" ~ Taichi Comic Party
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Takayanagi wrote:
[..]

Shocked Is there something mentally wrong with you? what didn't you like about em?

No there's nothing mentally wrong with me. Reflections is pure faeces. It totally destroyed everything that the previous OVA's and tv series was about. Reflections was also done without the approval and consent of Kenshins creator. If my friends friend didn't buy it off me a day or so after I watched it, I was going to seriously destroy it. Torching, breaking it apart were serious options.

As for Berserk. The series has one of the worst cases of having a non ending. I liked it till the last ep or so and there was no resolution or any meaning to have one. Because of that, there was no point in me keeping the series, so I ebayed it along with Lain at the same time. Lain I could only stand to watch once and that was more than enough.

I could add Comic Party - Revolutions I think it's called by ADV which has the worst dub I've ever heard since Robotech - Clash of the Bionoids.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Takayanagi
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
[..]

No there's nothing mentally wrong with me. Reflections is pure faeces. It totally destroyed everything that the previous OVA's and tv series was about. Reflections was also done without the approval and consent of Kenshins creator. If my friends friend didn't buy it off me a day or so after I watched it, I was going to seriously destroy it. Torching, breaking it apart were serious options.

As for Berserk. The series has one of the worst cases of having a non ending. I liked it till the last ep or so and there was no resolution or any meaning to have one. Because of that, there was no point in me keeping the series, so I ebayed it along with Lain at the same time. Lain I could only stand to watch once and that was more than enough.

I could add Comic Party - Revolutions I think it's called by ADV which has the worst dub I've ever heard since Robotech - Clash of the Bionoids.

Well I didn't know about Reflection not being approved by the original creator (not that it makes any difference) but none the less for me it was quite an emotional and enjoyable watch.

As for Berserk I agree the ending was quite abrupt and could have definitely used a few extra episodes or at least an OVA. Though apparently it explains a lot more in the manga...

Comic Party Revolution huh? I was thinking of ordering that next LOL should I not?
"This muffin could conquer the world! Do not underestimate the power of the muffin. The muffin will smite all those who question it. The muffin will crush all nay sayers! He who controls the muffin controls the entire world!" ~ Taichi Comic Party
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With CPR which it needs in my view, the dub is pi$$ weak against the Right Stuff dub for the original series. I had the NTUSA preview disc with ep 1 on it and couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it.

If you watch it subbed, you should be fine, but if you watch it in english like I do, then I hope you have a great deal of tolerance. I sure as hell don't esp with this series.

Takayanagi
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
With CPR which it needs in my view, the dub is pi$$ weak against the Right Stuff dub for the original series. I had the NTUSA preview disc with ep 1 on it and couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it.

If you watch it subbed, you should be fine, but if you watch it in english like I do, then I hope you have a great deal of tolerance. I sure as hell don't esp with this series.

Thanks for the tip, Luckily I mostly prefer subbed Wink

Though it's unfortunate since I really did enjoy the eng dub for the original series.
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
George wrote:

And yet I could say exactly the same thing about DBwhatever. The entire thing consists of people thumping each other and hurling energy blasts around.

I found Eureka Seven to be pretty damn good. I don't have an anime that I downright hate, but nothing's inspired me to rewatch Final Fantasy: Unlimited.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Takayanagi wrote:
[..]

Thanks for the tip, Luckily I mostly prefer subbed Wink

Though it's unfortunate since I really did enjoy the eng dub for the original series.

The original english VA's were really strong in their roles, but the ADV VA's sound bloody whiny and esp for Kazuki. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!.

George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
Elric of Grans wrote:
If they are the worst you can imagine, you have clearly not seen much anime. I fit most of those titles in the middle of my viewing: far from the best or worst.
I've seen a few hundred anime, just mostly good OAV's and movies. So yeah, the Haruhi, FMA and Death Note pilots are lame after I watch Wicked City, Armitage, Twilight Q or Yokohama Shopping Log.
Elric of Grans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From context, JESTER must be talking about Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Roumandan- Seisouhen (I keep getting the English titles for the two OVA serials mixed up), which is one of the lowest-rated titles in well-known anime. Pretty well everyone who has seen it considers it balls. I have friends who liked it, and clearly you did, but the majority of anime fans hated it. This is especially true when they read the manga and see what they were cheated out of! Kenpuu Denki Berserk is in a similar situation. People generally love it until it `ends' just as things are beginning to look interesting. The manga does a lot more than continue thing too. Ignoring that characters and plot elements were removed from the anime, it only coves half of the introduction for the series! It ends around volume 12 or 13, while the mangaka considers the first 24 volumes the introduction for the series. If you have not read the manga, you still do not even know anything!

George, I have mostly seen titles I would class as decent quality too, though the ones you listed as good I would personally only put a touch above the ones you listed as bad. On anidb, the average rating I have given is 7/10, so mostly half-decent, but I have everything between 9.5 and 2. You `bad' titles tend to sit around 6-7 for me; your good ones 7-8. Obviously, everything comes down to personal preference, but if you dig around more you will find that things can be significantly better, and worse, than this.
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Digging around, better titles would be Pokemon, TO-Y, Honey and Clover, Kino's Journey, Bobby's In Deep and Here is Greenwood.

Worse anime would be Cyborg 009, Birdy the Mighty and Strange Dawn.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Anime You've Watched Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Oh, there's tons worse than that. I've mentioned "Dracula (Sovereign Of The Damned)" a few times before, which is just insane beyond belief. Favourite bit is where Dracula robs a couple on the street so he can go to fast food restaurant to buy and eat hamburgers, because he has been turned mortal after a fight with Satan. The vampire sniffing dogs with crucifixes and wheelchair martial arts fights only add to the hilarity.

Another one of my all time favourite anime turkeys is "Run For Life (An Olympic Fable)", which is based on a Japanese book named "Run Mellos" based on an ancient Greek fable. This is the 1980's anime, not the later 1992 anime movie. Anyway while the anime may be crappy, Harmony Gold's English adaptation only makes things worse. The one of the main characters is called Adam Antus (note that this show was dubbed in 1983 when Adam Ant was still in the charts). Intentionally or unintentionally the name gets used to great comic effect as his friend who is travelling back from his village has to save Adam from crucifixion, collapses from exhaustion then notices a group of ants dragging another ant on the ground in front of him and exclaims; "Adam Antus! They're taking you away to be killed!".
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Off the top of my head, I can really only think of three titles. The Tekken and Sonic OVAs/movies and Ninja Resurrection.
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
I also rate MSG 0080 - War in the Pocket as the 3rd worst series I ever watched.

That's the only anime I've seen that made me cry at the end.
anime_queen
Li Syaoran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
philnicau wrote:
It was awful and ranks below Violence Jack and Legend of the Overfiend as my most Disliked Anime.

Wow...really? I thought these were the best anime I've seen!
Legend Of The Overfiend was heaps cool.

I don't like Gasaraki and Noir. I've tried to sit down many times and watch these titles but they're so boring.
I'm sorry if this might make people upset but I really did think that those two titles were a snooze.

chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In regards to Rurouni Kenshin, do we mean the 90-odd ep series, or the OVAs, which are usually titled "Samurai X"?

I only ask because I consider the series one of my Top 10 of all time, and I was pretty certain I wasn't alone.

As to my least enjoyed series, I have to go with Afro Samurai, RahXephon and Vampire Princess Miyu. I have no wish to knock those series at all, they just didn't appeal to me personally.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is far too much unjustified Lain hatorade in this thread. A lot more people are going to have to explain themselves, because I can happily tell you right now that if Lain is a series you think is terrible, then you don't even understand what bad anime actually is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elric of Grans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is in regard to one of the OVAs. The `ending' OVA, not the `prequel' one.

As for serial experiments lain, it was specifically targeted at a very small audience, yet later marketed at a very different one. Most people do not like it because they do not fall into the audience it was made for. If I had heard that there was this awesome new Sci-Fi series with Bond-style gadgets, only to sit down to Doraemon... yeah, I would be kind of disappointed too. It was marketed at me, but made for someone else.
George
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
There is far too much unjustified Lain hatorade in this thread. A lot more people are going to have to explain themselves

Just like you do.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aa! Megami-sama is pretty horrible.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Elric of Grans wrote:
If I had heard that there was this awesome new Sci-Fi series with Bond-style gadgets, only to sit down to Doraemon... yeah, I would be kind of disappointed too. It was marketed at me, but made for someone else.

On the other hand, one of the guys I work with (who's older than me, and I'm far from the youngest here) who would be pleasantly surprised if what he got was Doraemon. Granted it remains unlikely that someone not in the target audience would like it, but not outright impossible.

Anyway. I think that a lot of people don't really separate anime that's actually bad from anime they simply don't like. There's lots of anime that I don't like, but only some of it genuinely qualifies as being poorly made.
chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Elric of Grans wrote:
That is in regard to one of the OVAs. The `ending' OVA, not the `prequel' one.

I think thats "Reflections"?

Yeah, to me that was the weakest of the lot, absolutely.

I'm much more a Kenshin series fan than a Samurai X OVas fan, though both have thier strong points, Reflections aside.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frankly, the Rurouni Kenshin TV series as a whole wasn't as good as it should have been either.
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
There is far too much unjustified Lain hatorade in this thread. A lot more people are going to have to explain themselves, because I can happily tell you right now that if Lain is a series you think is terrible, then you don't even understand what bad anime actually is.

QFT

Lain has an excellent nineteen eighty-four approach to the past, reliability of human memory, and what is real, only without involving all that double-think stuff.
That being said, the topic title does include "you've watched", and if someone hasn't seen much anime, it could prolly get that title by being mostly talk, and not enough attention-holding, unless you go for all those psychadelic scenes (and I do Razz).

Before I forget, another title that has managed to remove most of it's content from my memory is Akira. Most people will prolly disagree with me on this one, but for some reason I remember hating it. No, I will not read the manga.
Elric of Grans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think AKIRA is just badly over-rated, that is all. I remember being disappointed in it too, especially when I compared it to other movies around that time. That said, I can appreciate that it was a brilliant work and half-decent viewing, but it is most definitely over-rated.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
George wrote:
Just like you do.

Thing is, as HB pointed out, most people are simply nominating anime they don't like as opposed to actually bad anime.

There is a huge difference. Read Greoboruri's post if you can't yet determine what that is.

Just because you didn't like Lain (or AMG, or several other anime that have been unjustifiably mentioned in this thread) doesn't actually make it a bad anime.

If this thread was titled "Anime you didn't like", then it would be okay to mention something like that here, but it's not called that, it's called "Worst anime you've watched", which implies something completely different.

DLMAD is the worst anime I've watched because I found its entire premise to be offensive to me as a human being. It isn't just bad— it's detestably bad. The whole premise— that of a shut-in nerd who sees a girl for the first time and then decides to rename her for no real reason, stalk and kidnap her just because he's in love is bad enough. Her almost total lack of protest over what's going on is what really pushes the show into "offensively terrible" territory.

Now it's your turn.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread is getting strange. Lain? Akira? Gundam 0080? Oh! My Goddess? Sure you're entitled to your opinions, but really you people need to see some more anime if you think these titles are bad. I was expecting titles like Eiken, Roots Search, Dog Soldier, Gundress, Gundoh Musashi and M.D. Geist, but not the majority of stuff posted here. Kinda worrying...
StorminNorman wrote:
DLMAD is the worst anime I've watched because I found its entire premise to be offensive to me as a human being. It isn't just bad— it's detestably bad. The whole premise— that of a shut-in nerd who sees a girl for the first time and then decides to rename her for no real reason, stalk and kidnap her just because he's in love is bad enough. Her almost total lack of protest over what's going on is what really pushes the show into "offensively terrible" territory.
See I found the show incredibly dull for the most part and not quite offensive enough. I think there was only two times in the show (where Techno dangles Daisy above the ground on his rocket and in a later episode leading her around on a dog leash at the festival), where I was truly offended. Makes it to the dull list for me, but didn't quite get the worst list. Aika offended me more because it was so exploitative (but that's not on my worst list either).

Last edited by Greoboruri on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Dog Soldier" do you mean "The Hakkendedn: Legend of Dog Warriors"?

I totally forgot about that one! Man, that sucked so hard opening the DVD case rips my eyebrows off! Shocked Laughing
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chibi_ric wrote:
"Dog Soldier" do you mean "The Hakkendedn: Legend of Dog Warriors"?
Uh no, Rambo, uh I mean Dog Soldier.
chibi_ric
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
[..]

Uh no, Rambo, uh I mean Dog Soldier.

Oh. Sorry. Embarassed

The Hakkenden is still bad, though.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
See I found the show incredibly dull for the most part and not quite offensive enough.

Well, that too.

But "offensiveness" by itself isn't worth the ticket price, anyway. "Look at me, I got so engrossed in raping puppies I shat myself, aren't I daringly breaking taboos!!". If you can't get some decent social commentary or character studies or even a handful of jokes out of it, it's really nothing different to scribbles on the wall. Where's the challenge? No better than making paint-by-numbers moe fanservice **** like happy lesson, it's just as automatic. May as well write your plots with markov chains, and it's unimaginative poorly-handled **** that's really offensive.

[my least favourite show is Betterman. It's offensive, sure, but more importantly, it's crap.]
Elbear
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noir pretty much comes to mind, Simple fact is was boring first 2 dvd's did little to nothing for me.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
But "offensiveness" by itself isn't worth the ticket price, anyway.[...]If you can't get some decent social commentary or character studies or even a handful of jokes out of it, it's really nothing different to scribbles on the wall.
But hey, that's the fun of bad anime. I don't think "Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy" truly gets there in terms of really bad anime. It was more entertaining when Techno was abusing her, but that only worked half the time and when it became more romantic towards the end, it was dull as hell.

Eiken (link not really safe for work despite no real nudity) for me is the ultimate in offensive bad anime. It's a complete car crash. You just watch it thinking "Who is this for? It's so grotesque. What drugs were the staff and writers on? How on Earth did this get made". It's probably the epitome of bad fan service anime. There's no pay off, no story, no moral to the story and it just gets worse as it progresses. You just wonder how anyone on this planet could conceive it to be entertaining.

Similarly Gundress is a great bad anime for a completely different set of reasons, namely stunningly bad production values on EVERY level. Not even Masamune Shirow's character and mecha designs could save it (which were massacred by the animators anyway). Stupid plot, horrible continuity, appalling animation and shown in an unfinished state in cinemas (and really not much better in completed video form), it's just amazingly bad. You just have to wonder what in god's name the producers were doing (Sleeping? Spending the production's budget on hookers?).

You see this is the fun of truly bad anime; no real redeeming features, unintentional laughs and one big train wreck from start to finish.
Zippy Wonderdog
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For me its a toss up between AD Police and Space Adaventure Cobra...no just AD Police, it is cardboard. At least with SA:C you can go OMGWTFLOL and then laugh/groan at the pervy little alien spying on the two protagonists making sweet, sweet love.

Some places are far darker than deep space.

Tales of MU. High fantasy, higher education.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragonball Z. Please don't lynch me. I hated how it dragged. I could skip episodes and Vegeta and Goku would still be in the process of throwing the first punch from where I left it last, which would be five episodes back. I think Monty Python say it best... GET ON WITH IT!!
e chan21
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fushigi Yuugi. I know, I know, some fans are going to hate me for this.
It's not all bad, and I wouldn't mind buying the first few volumes on DVD.
The show had a really good story, but after a while, it just dragged on and on. Tamahome and Miaka were a really sweet couple...at first.
Then they would break up...and get back together, then break up, and get back together. I swear, they broke up at least once every three episodes!
Finally, at the end of the T.V series, they get their happy ending.
Everything is fine, but then, you watch the OVAs. Dear god, don't watch the OVAs. The first one undoes a lot of what happened in the TV series including, you guessed it, Tamahome and Miaka's happy ending.
Just. Stop. Please.

School Days was another frustrating series for me. I won't say exactly what happens, but Makoto got what was coming to him...um...except for the yacht thing O.o
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Dragonball Z. Please don't lynch me. I hated how it dragged. I could skip episodes and Vegeta and Goku would still be in the process of throwing the first punch from where I left it last, which would be five episodes back. I think Monty Python say it best... GET ON WITH IT!!

To elaborate, how can a planet that's going to explode in 5 minutes, still be intact 10 half hour episodes later?
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My very first anime and bad series was japanease version alexander the great called reign. A short 13 ep series but it didnt get into it but it was different if you like seeing cod peices all the time. Yes it was bad and i learnt from my lesson dont just grap any anime from the shelve with out reasearch first.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Inniss 1428 wrote:
To elaborate, how can a planet that's going to explode in 5 minutes, still be intact 10 half hour episodes later?
Slip of the tongue, Frieza totally meant to say 5 hours.

Anime News Network Australia

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: