Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Roberto Rossellini (Director's Suite)

Roberto Rossellini (Director's Suite)
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Roberto Rossellini (Director's Suite) Reply with quote
A simple comment on the matter, is there any chance at all of expanding the Roberto Rossellini Directorís Suite? I canít understand why his films receive so little recognition, given their significance. The release of Journey In Italy was utterly superb but is that all that thereís going to be?

No one has ever done true justice to the forgotten works of Rossellini. Journey In Italy could be the beginning of a collection that publicly recognises these works really for the first time. I personally would love to see his other films given the same quality treatment, first beginning with the other Ingrid Bergman collaborations Stromboli, Europa '51, La Paura and Giovanna d'Arco al rogo, which is a small collection in itself. His earlier works like Germany Year Zero, Paisan and Open City also deserve just recognition at the level of quality that Madman can produce.

I imagine a sizeable market would exist for such a collection ranging from fans of the director, Ingrid Bergman and classic cinema in general. With the works of other Italian directors like Fellini, de Sica and Visconti now being acknowledged the one man still yet to be properly mentioned is Rossellini.
Norbie
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would too love to see more of RR in the DS. At the moment you have to go outside region 4 for some gread Roberto Rossellini DVDs. It would be great if madman released not only RR dvds, but ones that could stand up to such releases as Criterion Collection and co.

NH
philippa
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Roberto Rossellini Reply with quote
Hi Werner and Norbie (and all other Rossellini fans),

We have every intention of expanding the great Roberto Rossellini's Directors Suite, so never fear! We have a number of tasty RR films in the pipeline, and they should be out in the next year or so.

Watch this space (and the Directors Suite newsletter) for updates!
Werner
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's excellent to hear. I very much look forward to seeing them. I hope for the other four Bergman films and would greatly welcome any other titles by the director.

Cheers,
Werner

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: