Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

ROBOT CHICKEN: STAR WARS - SEQUEL IN THE WORKS

ROBOT CHICKEN: STAR WARS - SEQUEL IN THE WORKS
Author
resonance cascade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: ROBOT CHICKEN: STAR WARS - SEQUEL IN THE WORKS Reply with quote
"Star Wars: Robot Chicken Episode II" is a go. Days after the Adult Swim show landed a best animated series Emmy nomination for its "Star Wars" episode, the cable network is moving ahead with a sequel that will premiere in the U.S. on Nov. 16.

"It doesn't even seem real -- getting to make Star Wars twice!" said "Robot Chicken" co-creator Seth Green, who is set to direct the second "Star Wars"-themed episode after winning an Annie Award for helming the first one.

Many members of the voice cast from the first special, including original "Star Wars" actors Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams -- reprising their roles as Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian, respectively -- are back. Also returning are Seth MacFarlane as Emperor Palpatine, Conan O'Brien as Zuckuss, Breckin Meyer as Admiral Ackbar and Boba Fett, and Ahmed Best as Jar Jar Binks. Green will voice several characters, including Ponda Baba. Joining the voice cast this time around is Andy Richter.

As for the creative direction in the sequel, "we decided to focus on the bounty hunters a bit and explore their stories," "Robot Chicken" co-creator Matt Senreich said. "It's a geek-fest for us all."

"Robot Chicken" hails from Green and Senreich's Stoopid Monkey Prods. and Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico's ShadowMachine Films.

The first "Star Wars: Robot Chicken" special will be released on DVD in Australia on August 6 and in New Zealand on August 21.

Visit: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i78def930c52edb05aa837875fc3e5ae6?imw=Y
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The first Robot Chicken - Star Wars special was pretty good, though I hated the censoring in the first bit when Palpatine is talking to Vader on the phone. That scene wasn't sensored in the Robot Chicken season boxsets.

I hope that doesn't happen in the 2nd special.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope they don't reuse material to begin with <<

Anime News Network Australia
Azrael84
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This aired on Nov 16th last month in the US. Anyone seen it?
Azrael84
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never mind I watched it last night. Nowhere near as funny as the first one.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: