Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Comments on your favourite ep....

Comments on your favourite ep....
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Comments on your favourite ep.... Reply with quote
i duno if this thread had been done before (but we need something to lift this forum) so i was wondering what was your favourite episode from neon genesis? Also who was your favourite character?

My favourite episode was probably episode 22, and not only cause it centred around asuka (who happens to be my favourite character Very Happy ) but because it also began to show that these kids really are human, and everyting thats been going on really does affect them, that children shouldnt be troubled with the fate of the world....i mean if i were in there position i think i'd be alot worse.
FEMTO
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmmmmm.....
My favourite episode is I think 18, where the Eva starts eating the angel and Gains an S2 engine or somthing, which was freaking awesome.
Gydafud
Whinges too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FEMTO, that is episode 19 actually.

My favorite would have to be episode 18. When Unit-03 gets possessed by the angel and all that. It was actually the first episode of Evangelion that I ever saw and I was hooked from that moment. It was nothing like I had seen before in a "cartoon".
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
9 because it had Asuka...and also because it was the first episode I ever saw. Which was probably good cause it actually made me want to watch it... probably would not of had the same opinion if I had came in at ep 1 instead.
djtaki
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine is the introduction of Asuka (Episode 8: "Asuka Strikes!"). The introduction of her to the series is a great episode, and I think lifts the whole series as the story goes on. Misato was awesome, but the introduction of Asuka really brought some life to the somewhat soulless characters.

To tell you the truth, I don't really like most of the main characters in the series, but I still love the show to bits! I think the fact I started watching it when I was young, and so much like Shinji (at the time; not now) is the thing that got me hooked.
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine's a toss up between episode 19 or 24. 19's definitely got some of the best battle sequences of the series. I like how Asuka is defeated and Shinji watches Rei sacrifice herself. In particluar I like the part where Rei breaks through the AT field with the N2 mine. The best part though would have to be Unit 01 going ballistic, especially where Unit 01 slices through the AT field of the angel and all the blood splatters like an invisible wall in the sky!

However I like 24 for the introduction of Kaworu's character. And before all you guys start thinking 'here comes the fangirl', it has nothing to do with the whole Shinji/Kaworu speculation, rather just how the episode plays itself out. The scene where Kaworu first appears and at the end when Unit 01 is holding him and time seems to stop momentarily, with the music slowly gaining volume, then concluding at the point where Kaworu is killed is something that I've always found captivating.
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
satsuyumi
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I enjoyed ep 24, just because it looks like Shinji has a friend and he's not as neurotic as some other episodes.
It will rise in perfect light
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments on your favourite ep.... Reply with quote
Fated_Destruction wrote:
but because it also began to show that these kids really are human

It would be most of the series that shows this. Not just that episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sloth-X
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh wow. This is hard. Umm let me think...

I really like Episode 11. It is one of the only episodes were we have the three main children actually interacting as a group and then acting as a team. It also has a splash of comedy, the episode is just entertaining.

I also liked episode 16. One of the first really psycholical episodes. It also raises futher questions on the exact nature of the Evangelions.

Episode 19 is also a very good episode. One of the best action episodes and was very dramatic.

I couldn't pick just one... = P
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
introduction of Asuka for me, ep 8. I thought the series really picked up from here on.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Episode 9 where Shinji and Asuka have to practice living in synch.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking episode 19 possibly also too for that whole set of fights and how the 2nd Rei clone had come to change so much in her own ways.

However the episode with Toji and the berserk EVA 03 I happen to like a bit also, instead of it being the usual angel, the angel is an EVA.
Not to mention EVA 01 and the dummy plug system ripping apart and destroying EVA 03 in a bloody cannibalisation.

Last edited by Mad Anime Fan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Episode 24 no doubt. The whole fight between Eva 01 and 02 with Beethoven's 9th Symphony playing in the background was just godly.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: