Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Kum Kum: The Prehistoric Boy

Kum Kum: The Prehistoric Boy
Author
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Kum Kum: The Prehistoric Boy Reply with quote
I've been looking for the old UK tape of this old show, and curiously came across two CIC Video internal reference tapes (complete with mock-up artwork and timecodes through out the video) for sale on ebay, which I bought. It's a cute little show made by Sunrise in 1975 and the English adaptation was made in Australia circa 1977 with people like Keith Scott (How Green Was My Cactus) doing the voices. Some info on the show can be found here.

Anyway, does anyone remember this show being screened on Australian TV and if there were any video releases of the show in Australia?
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used to watch it every morning. It was a cool little show. I distinctly remember it being called "the Adventures of Kum Kum", however? It was massive popular with me and several of my mates at the time. We used to talk about it constantly @ school.

Of course, we are talking 30 years ago, so... memory is foggy. I can't remember what I had for Breakfast this morning, but I can remember KumKum getting in trouble every week. hehe.

It was simillar to a version of Dennis the Menace that was on when I was a kid as well. And AstroBoy..and Kimba... and Battle of the Planets, and Princess Knight. etc etc etc...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
I distinctly remember it being called "the Adventures of Kum Kum", however?
My tapes do have "The Adventures of Kum Kum" on them, but the title card on the show itself has "Kum Kum" only. So it was played on TV in Australia then in the late 1970's. Thanks for the info HeDanny. You don't remember which channel screened it do you?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: