Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Astro Boy (1960's) Box Set II

Astro Boy (1960's) Box Set II
Author
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Astro Boy (1960's) Box Set II Reply with quote
We finally got our hands on a copy of this and when we got up to disc 12 we hit the same problems previously reported in this old thread here. Our copy is new from old stock and the glitches are present in disc 12 (jamming in the 3rd episode on this disc) and disc 17 has constant pixellation.

Did replacements become available at all? If so, how do we apply for them?

Thanks!
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

OK, we have the receipt, we have an assurance that we can get a refund, but we do not want to return this set, so could somebody please tell me

DID THEY MAKE REPLACEMENTS FOR THE BAD DISCS IN THIS SET?

If I don't hear anything by Thursday they are going back and we shall have to import the set from America, which I don't want to do because I'd rather support an Australian owned and operated company!
d.v_3
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Astro Boy (1960's) Box Set II Reply with quote
Please contact orders@madman.com.au to trade in the defective disc(s).

When emailing please include:

The problem
Your DVD Player Model (models if you tried this on several different brands of players)
Return Address and Name
White Demon
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And some people wonder why so many boycott Madman and order their stuff direct from the US.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
White Demon wrote:
And some people wonder why so many boycott Madman and order their stuff direct from the US.

Yeah, because US companies like Bandai and Geneon never releasde faulty discs... Rolling Eyes

I have well in excess of 500 DVD's from Madman, at most I have experienced problems with 6-7 discs. That's approximately 1-2% or all discs, which in my opinion is a damn good track record.
White Demon
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never said they don't release any that are faulty, but their ratio seems to be a lot lower, and when a release is found to be fault they ALWAYS issue replacements for them immediately.

Been waiting 3 years so far for Madman to issue a replacement for volume 12 of 60's Astroboy.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
White Demon wrote:
Never said they don't release any that are faulty, but their ratio seems to be a lot lower, and when a release is found to be fault they ALWAYS issue replacements for them immediately.

Been waiting 3 years so far for Madman to issue a replacement for volume 12 of 60's Astroboy.

Well you're unlucky, every time I've had a problem it's fixed promptly and efficiently.
Implying that people should import because Madman allegedly makes faulty products is quite derogatory.
Incidentally how many other faulty products have you bought from Madman that haven't been rectified?
Claus
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for a massive bump. But, I bought the original release 60's tins. It took me ages to get up to encountering any sort of problems, but I did start to run into some disks that have the problems people have mentioned.

I also just want to know if Madman ever did re-encode the faulty disks? They still sell the sets, so I am guessing they did resolve it?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: