Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Screening Room + debuts with Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood

Screening Room + debuts with Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Screening Room + debuts with Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood Reply with quote
MADMAN ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF FREE ONLINE ANIME EPISODES
FEATURING ALL NEW SERIES, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD
April 9th, 2009

In an Australian first, Madman is presenting free online episodes of the hit new Japanese anime series, less than a week after its premiere broadcast in Japan, and months prior to any DVD release.

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD, along with a selection of other regularly updated anime episodes are available to watch for free at www.madman.com.au via Madman’s enhanced new “Screening Room +” area of the site. New episodes will be made available on a weekly basis.

www.madman.com.au is the premiere destination for Australian anime fans, offering a massive catalogue of anime and manga, along with social features such as discussion boards, galleries, events, downloads and more. Madman is thrilled to offer its fans the opportunity to view full episodes on the site in a bold new direction for the company.

About Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD is a brand-new production from Japan which closely follows the original FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST manga series storyline. The series chronicles brothers Edward and Alhponse Elric and their epic quest for the Philosopher’s Stone, the only thing that can help them undo a terrible alchemic error, which tore their bodies apart.

Also...

Check out more great episodes available to watch on www.madman.com.au including SCHOOL RUMBLE, DEVIL MAY CRY, BLACK BLOOD BROTHERS and DARKER THAN BLACK.
Loomis
Lin Minmay

Location: In the Twilight of My Youth (also Sydney, Australia)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very impressed with the quality and availability of this. I really hope this is a trend that catches on. So glad it's free, although I would be willing to pay for ongoing episodes if more were offered from other series.

I also like that other series have been added, but it would be nice to have them all subtitled (or at least the option).

Just fabulous either way!
Low Lines
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is definitely a brilliant way to start streaming TV Shows (what with two BONES Productions already included). Just add Soul Eater and it'll be perfect Smile

The playback does seem to need improving though. The high quality videos just refused to play smoothly, and this is after the full video was downloaded. Medium quality (with Subtitles) is a bit small on higher resolution screens, though maximizing it to fullscreen fixes that. But I still could see playback errors such as slight pauses and how would I describe it? Like the bottom half of the screen updates slightly slower/faster than the upper screen. No sound problems though.

Specifically the Fullmetal Alchemist Ep1:
Are the subtitles the FUNimation ones? Because I caught I think about three bits of dialogue that had no subtitles, and when Edward said to Armstrong "Let's Go" the ' was displaying as other characters. And the episode title frame should have a subtitle translation on screen. I just hope whoever subtitles these shows actually double checks they've done their job properly, because particularly with subtitles...people will notice!!

But honestly, this is awesome. Anyone who's been keeping up with the whole "Official Anime Streaming On The Internet" thing would be aware that American Companies are doing it, but it's locked for their region which sucks, and Crunchyroll only seem to be getting shows I've almost not even heard of. And I've been really worried about how I was going to be able to watch Fullmetal Alchemist 2, especially if there's going to be a real effort to stop Fansubbing like with Soul Eater.
Regardless I'll be checking out the Madman Videos every week now Smile Good job Madman!!
animefreak.97
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched Devil May Cry no problems except just onced it slightly paused but no biggy, good graphics and Very Happy Well done Madman for a great job!
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have now watched all the full episodes that are currently up in the Screening Room and have ordered pretty much all of them due to being able to see the first episodes. Obviously I will have to wait for FMA: Brotherhood.

Just to clarify though, the episode of School Rumble that is up, that is actually the first episode of School Rumble Second Semester isn't it?

Would be great to see some more titles go on there, maybe some of the lesser known ones.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yup it's second semester we're going to be uploading season 1 ep 1 soon and renaming the other one
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a random question, because you own the license to all these series, are you allowed to upload and stream whatever show you want? As long as it seems worthwhile of course.
Orion159
Melfina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sure I posted a suggestion along these lines months ago, but either way I think this is a brilliant concept. Makes it so much easier to help pick a series to buy when you're able to get at least a small taste (in fact pretty much the main reason I go to cons), and easier/cheaper to maintain than sampler discs.

Looking forward to checking a few more of these titles on my 'interested' list
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
Just a random question, because you own the license to all these series, are you allowed to upload and stream whatever show you want? As long as it seems worthwhile of course.

Only if we have online rights or we seek permission for online rights to a title. So the answer is Yes, but and no however Razz
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has probably been asked already, but I can't seem to find it. Will the episodes for Devil May Cry. Darker than Black etc. get updated like FMA: Brotherhood, or will only the first episode be available to watch? Meaning will episode 2 and so on be available to watch online?

I know the likelihood is low due to everyone just watching it online instead of actually purchasing the series to continue, but I would just like to know.

Thanks.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, only FMA:Brotherhood will be updated weekly. All other shows are only on there as a first episode sampler only at this point in time.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
His and Her Circumstances has been added to the list of ongoing series in the screening room, there's no video apart from a short trailer so I was wondering if this is an error or will it be going up?

I just watched the Transformers Public Service Announcement, that's pretty damn funny Laughing

Edit: Just saw that this had been answered in another thread and is screening.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: