Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Itachi's fail safe plan for Naruto & Sasuke

Itachi's fail safe plan for Naruto & Sasuke
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Itachi's fail safe plan for Naruto & Sasuke Reply with quote
Ok for those who have read up volume 44 and will know this or have a theory's on this....since I don't know weither to use spoiler tags or not which might seem pointless if everybodies up to date and know what I'm taking about...but I use spoiler tags just in case but really does annoy me using them.

It seems Itachi seems to have a fail safe plan when he dies.
For one is Itachi's story true or Madara's story true.
Most of us would think a combination of the story between the clans of Uchiha clan and the Senju clan true since the fight at the final valley.

Also know as the founders of Konohagakure village.
But as we know it the first Hokage hashirama defeated Madara.

Ok back to the point of this topic...Itachi's fail safe plan.
It seem Itachi has planted somthing special inside Naruto and also Sasuke.
As for Sasuke we learn Itachi transfered he's Sharingan abilities to Sasuke.
When Sasuke meets Madara, he's sharingan automatically attacks Madara with Amaterasu...like a fail safe plan so Sasuke won't join Madara.

But as for Naruto we don't know yet, since Itachi said "I have gave you some of my power but hope you don't come to have to use it."
SO this seems like some fail safe plan to save Sasuke from become too rogue.

So I was wondering what theory's has Itachi planned as some sort of fail safe plan to save he's brother.
When Itachi learn't that Naruto was more like a brother to Sasuke than he was then he must thought of a plan that Naruto might be he's second chance of saving Sasuke.

But I was wondering what could have Itachi planted inside Naruto?
Was it a jutsu to save Sasuke or a defence against Sasuke or Madara...any theory's.

There also have been theory's and talks about who's gonna be the Last villian of the series but the Artist still saids There's a few things need to clear up before and ending can be planned out.

Well this topic is for any theory's on Itachi plan/story or even Madara's story which could be true of what he told sasuke, but Madara is still bent on destroying Konoha but it seems he had to get Itachi out of the way.

So is Sasuke really being twisted my Madara's lies...well I think so but it seems Naruto the child of prophercy is the only once who can end this mess even with a little help from Itachi.

I did the best I can with spoiler tags but I do hope to get some replies.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
While most people hopefully won't read past your first line if they haven't read up to volume 44, I'm going to use spoiler tags anyway

Regarding Madara's tale, I believe its true. It does seem suspicious in its convenience; that Sasuke has no one else to believe on the issue, with the third Hokage dead and Danzo + the advisors never speaking of it again. Whether or not Madara warped some of the facts to persuade Sasuke, I'd like to think the general story itself is the truth.

If the Uchiha used the Sharingan to control Nine-Tails, it's possible Itachi planned very far ahead, assuming his Amaterasu trick on Sasuke's eyes wouldn't work and Madara would get to Sasuke. Since Sasuke's plan is to wipe out Konoha, and he knows the Sharingan's ability to wield Nine-Tails, I think he's likely to try and 'control' Naruto during his assault (ala the Piccolo/Oozaru plot from the Dragonball movie...). So, and I have no idea how or what this power may be, but the only logical conclusion I've made is that Itachi has implanted a jutsu or technique which automatically nullifies the effects of the Sharingan on Nine-Tails.
I'm probably wrong but that's the only idea I have right now.

As for the major villain, it may actually be Danzo, who we've barely seen at all but know of his suspicious actions.

Of course, being up to date on new release chapters, I know a bit more that I won't mention here. :p

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems sad that this Naruto forum is going to waist when other naruto forums on other sites are thriving with topics like these.

It's all Theory's but I like your theory aswell since if the sharingan can control biju's it might control the host aswell.

An ability to counter the sharingan is a pretty good theory even I thought of that myself.
But since Naruto and Sasuke have been pretty far away from each other so every time Naruto tries to get close to him he always gets away, so Itachi was the next option since team kakashi pretty much knew he would go after Itachi.

I like the direction Naruto has been going so far as there are now hints of secret jutsu Itachi planted inside Naruto.

The good thing about Naruto manga is that it always backtracks to an previous event that relates to something in the future but also aways keeps you guessing whats to come in the future.
eg Itachi planting something inside Naruto.

I even heard story's on volume 45-47 which definitely an eye opener.
The whole Reign of Pain is next.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussie-Byron
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm also upto date with the chapters, which I guess would put that through to Volume 47 or 48... And yeah, it's really interesting.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it IS interesting but I probably won't be revealed until after he's dealt with Pain, which is what the 47-48 volumes are up to.
It maybe somewhere down the track.

Another theory of mind is that it could be a message implanted inside Naruto so that once he meets sasuke it may summon a message from Itachi...but It can't be because Itachi said "I lent you some of my power and hope you don't have to use it" so it does seem like a jutsu but will only activate at a certain event if something were to happen.
We just have to wait and see.

The now the whole new sage jutsu is now pretty cool but I don't won't to spoil it for those who have even read up to the 40's yet.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked so many black lines!!! Exclamation
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's why I hate using spoiler tags because they look like black lines in the topic.

If everybody was up-to-date then WE WOULDN"T NEED ugly black lines do we.

But since I'm a manga collector of Naruto and read all the current english release I wish I could easily talk about Naruto's current events.

Some of you follow the anime, and Some of you follow the manga and probably most of you follow BOTH.

But everybody is a different times in the story...I was hope to get as many people who have been up-to-date with the manga and talk about plus I can see how many people on this board are up-to-date.

If you want you can tell me how far your up to in Naruto either anime or manga, then I can tell how far your up to so I won't spoil it for you.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just hope they do something with Saskue soon...kill him or set him on his (very long) path to redemption...this going from one act of vengeance to another is getting old.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well what ever happens to him it's like everyone is gonna be lining up and slapping him for being bad.

Sasuke does seem like a lost cause now as if there is no turning back to what he has become.

One thing interesting is that Sasuke hasn't killed anyone...it's almost like he lives by a code.

When he was training with Orochimaru and he fought all these ninja's everyone was all knock out cold and not killed...though they might be injured to the point they pass out through their injuries but he doesn't finish them off.

He has fought people who have died but he wasn't the cause of their death...only death by lack of chakra or killing themselves.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Well what ever happens to him it's like everyone is gonna be lining up and slapping him for being bad.

Sasuke does seem like a lost cause now as if there is no turning back to what he has become.

One thing interesting is that Sasuke hasn't killed anyone...it's almost like he lives by a code.

When he was training with Orochimaru and he fought all these ninja's everyone was all knock out cold and not killed...though they might be injured to the point they pass out through their injuries but he doesn't finish them off.

He has fought people who have died but he wasn't the cause of their death...only death by lack of chakra or killing themselves.

I was thinking about this the other day. Maybe he isn't a badass. Naruto hasn't killed anyone eithier from memory.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Naruto has fought the Six Pains and done some serious damage to them that would easily kill an opponent but the Six Pains are already technically dead.

But yeah it's funny how both Naruto and Sasuke haven't killed anyone.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even Sakura has killed someone.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who?

If your saying Sasori then no...it was Granny Chiyo who did the finishing blow.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh yeah, Granny Chiyo finished Sasori off. At least she got the closest to killing someone.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

When he fought all those guys by himself...I can't remember which episode/chapter it was, I'm still pretty new to all this...Orochimaru complains that he 'didn't kill them ALL', which would indicate he killed some of them. But, yeah, he doesn't just go out slaughtering people willy nilly...but I think he would if they got in his way...but he seems content to use non-lethal force if he can.

I mean, he didn't kill Naruto, right? He claims it was on a whim...or that he didn't want to follow his brother's path to power...but if you look at him wandering around in the woods after their initial battle he looks pretty damn miserable, like he didn't like what he'd done...or what he'd become. It's really the last time he showed any emotion at all. I think he decided to suppress all his feelings before he showed up on Orochimaru's doorstep until he gets the job done, and that sooner or later those feelings are going to come out and he's going to do something that'll surprise the hell out of everyone.

I could be totally wrong, of course...it wouldn't be the first time...but I don't think I'm the only one who wants to see the guy turn it around. I guess that's why I'm still hanging around...
Aussie-Byron
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sasuke killed Orochimaru, he also killed Itachi.
Naruto pretty much killed Kakazu
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aussie-Byron wrote:
Sasuke killed Orochimaru, he also killed Itachi.
Naruto pretty much killed Kakazu

Sasuke didn't kill Itachi. Itachi was dieing of a disease way before they fought. Itachi was using medicine so that he could fight Sasuke.

I don't know about Oorochimaru though.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going by the latest chapters though, it would appear the gang have convinced Sakura that SASUKE MUST DIE. I find it very entertaining. Razz

Sasuke didn't kill Orochimaru, though. That's stuff is...complicated.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
Going by the latest chapters though, it would appear the gang have convinced Sakura that SASUKE MUST DIE. I find it very entertaining. Razz

Sasuke didn't kill Orochimaru, though. That's stuff is...complicated.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't Sasuke absorb Orochimaru during the reanimation ritual? That's not actually killing him...

And then there's whatever the hell's going on with Kabuto. Of course he could prove a force to unite Naruto and Saskue...seeing as how he's got it in for the pair of them.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sasuke lost Oorochimaru's powers during the fight with Itachi.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah...I remember reading that somewhere...and that Kabuto was kind of morphing into him now...
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kabuto has part of Oorochimaru in him which is taking over his body.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:

The hard part is convincing Naruto of that. He's got as much faith in Sasuke as Luke had in Vader.

Of course...Luke was right...
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course Luke was right. Naruto isn't right though. I wonder how they convinced him.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take it you're not a fan of Saskue then? He's a bit too emo for my taste, but I can still see him going either way...
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually like him. I just didn't like him when he was with Oorochimaru.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes. He was quite the heartless jerk...but he seemed pretty decent after that...freeing all those prisoners. And he has managed to keep a trio of very diverse individuals, two of who really don't like each other, around him.

There's got to be something there.

Of course one needs him to keep his murderous tendencies in check, and another is scarily obsessed with him...but the third? Just why does he hang around? Maybe those shark-toothed guys with the big swords are just inexplicably drawn to pretty, pretty boys...
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Birrirra wrote:
Yes. He was quite the heartless jerk...but he seemed pretty decent after that...freeing all those prisoners. And he has managed to keep a trio of very diverse individuals, two of who really don't like each other, around him.

There's got to be something there.

Of course one needs him to keep his murderous tendencies in check, and another is scarily obsessed with him...but the third? Just why does he hang around? Maybe those shark-toothed guys with the big swords are just inexplicably drawn to pretty, pretty boys...

Suigetsu is the one your talking about and he is with Sasuke so that he can get the Samahada which is Kisame's sword. That is his goal to collect all of the seven swordsmen swords. He only joined with Sasuke initially because Kisame was with Itachi so they may as well work together.

Also in order to get Kisame's sword, Kisame needs to be killed in order for Suigetsu to hold it if he holds it whil Kisame's still alive spikes will come out of the handle and cut the hand of the person who was holding it. This was shown when Gai was fighting the Kisame clone back when Naruto was trying to get Gaara back.

I know alot about them because Suigetsu and Kisame 2 of my favourite characters.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do like Suigetsu (even though I can never remember his name)...he's always good for a laugh. And he annoys the hell out of Karin and that can't be a bad thing Very Happy
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I like Suigetsu...actually I can always remember he's name by the way you pronouce his name sui is like saying swee-get-su.

But Yeah the seven swordsman swords...i kinda wondered what each of the swords look like.
There all pretty big swords apparently.

The Samahada can drain chakra and the blade can stred it's victims with a slight cut and has a defence that no other user can touch the handle.
But you already know that.

Zabuza sword is pretty much an like an executioners sword

Suigetsu and Kisame both have shark-teeth and their elemental abilities are always water so lightening element will always be there weakness.

I think once Suigetsu got hit with lightening and he had trouble putting he's water based body back together which was quite amusing.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wonder when Chojiro (Mizukage's bodyguard/former Seven Swordsmen of the Mist is going to use his sword what is it's abilties.

Hopefully they show more of them.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Birrirra wrote:
I take it you're not a fan of Saskue then? He's a bit too emo for my taste, but I can still see him going either way...

He had redeeming qualities, but lately he's just been whining about everything. That's a bit general, but its the impression I get from it. I just can't like his character anymore after what happened in volume 43.

What really bugs me is that a lot of his power seems to come from quick powerups given by other people. Orochimaru's curse seal, then the second state curse seal, then the whole deal with Itachi. It just doesn't seem like he's actually training for these things like Naruto is. I mean, yeah, Naruto has the demon fox in him, but a lot of his power and fighting skills are developed through careful training, like the Sage jutsu and Rasen Shuriken.

On the other hand, I think I'm just looking for reasons to hate Sasuke now. Razz
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah...it's easy to hate the guy right now.

But I still have to wonder if he's not playing...um...swirly-face-masked guy (*goes to look it up*) Madara (Leave me alone! I've only been watching/reading for a couple of weeks and there's so many damn names to remember! And I've kinda been skimming a lot of it.). He forgave Itachi, and Itachi didn't want him joining Madara, right? And...better use the magic niko pen here...just in case...he even said he was using Akatsuki when they went after that other multi-tailed guy.

Looks to me like they're using each other. Madara's revealed his plans in the latest chapters (which I won't repeat here for those not that far ahead), but what's Sasuke planning? What exactly is he using Madara for? What Madara wants doesn't really mesh with Sasuke's overdeveloped sense of vengeance.

You guys know this stuff better than I do...have I missed something?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Akatsuki and Tobi/Madara always wanted Itachi out of the picture so there are practically USING Sasuke to their benefit.

Some how Tobi/Madara never really trusted Itachi because he's weakness will always be his brother.

Which is why Itachi built a FAIL SAFE plan for Sasuke and Naruto so that Itachi will always get back a Tobi/Madara.

You notice if Tobi removes his mask to Sasuke...Itachi's Sharingan abilities will activate in Sasuke to attack Tobi/Madara.

So I'm thinking Tobi/Madara has to always keep his mask on in front of Sasuke otherwise he gets attacked with Sharingan Jutsu...but I don't if this is true or not or it was just a first thing basis when Sasuke first got Itachi's sharingan abilities.

Itachi's fail safe plan for Naruto is STILL a mystery...with the bird going into Naruto mouth giving him some of Itachi's power which we don't know what's its for.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But Sasuke can only use Amaterasu so many times before it sends him blind, right? He may have gotten his brother's Mangekyo Sharingan based ablities and developed his own Mangekyo Sharingan, but he didn't take Itachi's eyes, so it's not a perfect Mangekyo Sharingan.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Birrirra wrote:
But Sasuke can only use Amaterasu so many times before it sends him blind, right? He may have gotten his brother's Mangekyo Sharingan based ablities and developed his own Mangekyo Sharingan, but he didn't take Itachi's eyes, so it's not a perfect Mangekyo Sharingan.

I think that Sasuke couldn't take Itachi's eyes because he was dead and you need a live persons eyes to get the perfect Mangekyo Sharingan.
Birrirra
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But Madara asked him if he was going to so I think it was more of a respect thing...and a future plot point. Perhaps Sasuke will nobly sacrifice his sight at some point in the future.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Birrirra wrote:
But Madara asked him if he was going to so I think it was more of a respect thing...and a future plot point. Perhaps Sasuke will nobly sacrifice his sight at some point in the future.

I see this happening.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There really is not telling how many times Amaterasu can be used, but if they start bleeding from the eyes and have trouble holding the jutsu and need to shut there eyes then you know things are start getting some seriously damaging to the eye.

Amaterasu is only "left eye" from what I remember, but it is also a powerful occular jutsu so I guess the more powerful the jutsu the more damaging I guess.

Just like Naruto's Rasengan was doing damage to his chakra network in his hand because of RSI (repetitive straining injury) so I guess using Amaterasu and any Mangekyo Sharingan is like RSI of the Eyes.

So frequent use can strain the eyes and damage them perminently causing blindness.
But I don't know if Sasuke can adapt to Mangekyo Sharingan abilities so it won't damage he's eyes, meaning if Sasuke were to get strong enough and use Mangekyo Sharingan less often then it won't be as damaging because he's allowing to adapt to it.

But I could be wrong Mangekyo Sharingan probably IS like a Double edge knife and hurts the user everytime just like the "Eight Gates" that Rock Lee and Master Guy

But I do know that even Master Guy and Lee also limit there use of the Eight Gates but also train themself to be physically strong enough so when they do unlock two or three numbers of the Eight Gates it won't be as damaging if there body can take it.

So what I saying sounds simple theory that limited use and becoming stronger so that the jutsu won't be as damaging.

I also notice when Kakashi first use Mangekyo Sharingan it almost depeated he's chakra when he used it more than twice in one battle.
But this also depends on how much chakra he used before hand aswell since he's sharingan is always active.

But you notice at the start of Naruto series Kakashi always seems to run out of chakra frequently with just basic sharingan abilities but now he seems stronger and can use Mangekyo sharingan at least twice before it can completely drain him.

So I guess training can help improve it but as for Mangekyo is still unknown to the damage it can cause.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
There really is not telling how many times Amaterasu can be used, but if they start bleeding from the eyes and have trouble holding the jutsu and need to shut there eyes then you know things are start getting some seriously damaging to the eye.

Amaterasu is only "left eye" from what I remember, but it is also a powerful occular jutsu so I guess the more powerful the jutsu the more damaging I guess.

Just like Naruto's Rasengan was doing damage to his chakra network in his hand because of RSI (repetitive straining injury) so I guess using Amaterasu and any Mangekyo Sharingan is like RSI of the Eyes.

So frequent use can strain the eyes and damage them perminently causing blindness.
But I don't know if Sasuke can adapt to Mangekyo Sharingan abilities so it won't damage he's eyes, meaning if Sasuke were to get strong enough and use Mangekyo Sharingan less often then it won't be as damaging because he's allowing to adapt to it.

But I could be wrong Mangekyo Sharingan probably IS like a Double edge knife and hurts the user everytime just like the "Eight Gates" that Rock Lee and Master Guy

But I do know that even Master Guy and Lee also limit there use of the Eight Gates but also train themself to be physically strong enough so when they do unlock two or three numbers of the Eight Gates it won't be as damaging if there body can take it.

So what I saying sounds simple theory that limited use and becoming stronger so that the jutsu won't be as damaging.

I also notice when Kakashi first use Mangekyo Sharingan it almost depeated he's chakra when he used it more than twice in one battle.
But this also depends on how much chakra he used before hand aswell since he's sharingan is always active.

But you notice at the start of Naruto series Kakashi always seems to run out of chakra frequently with just basic sharingan abilities but now he seems stronger and can use Mangekyo sharingan at least twice before it can completely drain him.

So I guess training can help improve it but as for Mangekyo is still unknown to the damage it can cause.

I think that we will have to wait and see to find out more about the affects of the Mangekyo sharingan.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It has come to my attention Itachi is a lot smart that he appears.
He almost seems smarter than Shikamaru in terms of planning he's next move.
Well it has come to my attention that he has been planning things almost years in advanced.

Well spoiler check
I has bee reveal what Itachi did to Naruto by putting the bird down Naruto throat.
The back up plan was so that Itachi could get some of he's powers back if ever he was revived from the dead.
When Itachi gave Naruto some of he's powers by putting the bird down he's throat it had two things that would connect to Itachi and Sasuke.

The power of Itachi's bird.

1. The first thing was if Sasuke ever attacked he's home village Itachi's power would come to use in Naruto and be used against Sasuke in a form of genjutsu.

2. If Itachi were to ever be used as a weapon and revived from the dead by Kabuto then Itachi's power would break the leavage control from Kabuto and Itachi would gain back control over himself and also gain he's sharingan powers back again.

Well since No.2 came in affect Itachi is back in the game and helping Naruto.

As for Itachi trying to help Sasuke he wanted Sasuke to have he's eyes so he could have the eternal Mangekyo sharingan and defeat Madara and not Naruto.

The good thing about Naruto series is that storyline nicely planned ahead.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: