Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Code Geass R2 Madman DVDs Release Dates

Code Geass R2 Madman DVDs Release Dates
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Code Geass R2 Madman DVDs Release Dates Reply with quote
Just wondering will Code Geass R2 (aka season 2) be released right after all the volumes of the first season of Code Geass or will there be a massive gap leap? (offical dates will be great but estimates especially from madman will also be good).
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Until we know what the US dates are, we cannot give a date of when we will release season 2.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
July 21st according to AOD.

http://www.mania.com/bandais-solid-july-slate_article_114841.html
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thinking ahead are we...? haha

im just waiting for v4... not R2 yet haha
its okay i wouldn't mind knowing either

EDIT: madman Sad dont turn into america and give us part 1... i want seperate DVD's mwahaaahaaaaa
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
thinking ahead are we...? haha

im just waiting for v4... not R2 yet haha
its okay i wouldn't mind knowing either

EDIT: madman Sad dont turn into america and give us part 1... i want seperate DVD's mwahaaahaaaaa

They are separate dvd's in america, they're just selling them two at a time.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:

That Part 1 etc that Bandai released was individual volumes, just packaged in a mini-box of their own (plus whatever extras if you got the LE).
Lord Sparks
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wish the release dates in general were better.... I'm not the best example, but if people really wanna see the rest of the season and they have to wait an extra 2 months for the next dvd release, it's obvious what they'll do....

I've already seen it all so i dont count, but i lent the first 4 dvds to a friend of mine. She shot through them all in 2 days and then was hounding me for more. Can you guess what i did? =P
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lord Sparks wrote:
I just wish the release dates in general were better.... I'm not the best example, but if people really wanna see the rest of the season and they have to wait an extra 2 months for the next dvd release, it's obvious what they'll do....

I've already seen it all so i dont count, but i lent the first 4 dvds to a friend of mine. She shot through them all in 2 days and then was hounding me for more. Can you guess what i did? =P

I make a note of not starting a series until I get all of the DVD's now due to the exact situation you are spoeaking of. I'm lucky enough to have a massive back catalogue though so I've always got something to watch.
leewill
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just wonderng Sly is the fact that Bandai delayed the release of part 1 in the US going to delay madman's release aswell. I might be totally wrong about this but I think the reason that there was such an unusually large gap between volume 2 and volume 3 being released here was because of a similar situation.

Also I know madman hasn't set a release date for the dvds yet but the first season is wrapping up on ABC 2 soon and I'm curious if they will be running the 2nd season straight after the 1st, like the US did.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
leewill wrote:
the fact that Bandai delayed the release of part 1 in the US going to delay madman's release aswell.

I can answer that.

Yes.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any idea of how long the gap will be between V6 of season 1 and the Madman release (in whichever format it comes in) of R2? A ball park estimate would be really good please.
d.v_3
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just noticed that the 1st part of the Region 1 version of Code Geass R2 is released in a 2 dvd set (volume 1 and volume 2 combined retailing).

Will madman follow this or will they relase them indivdiually.

Oh btw when will the code geass lelouch launch of the rebellion boxset come out? As the R1 version of it has already been released in parts.

Regards
Dv3
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
d.v_3 wrote:
i just noticed that the 1st part of the Region 1 version of Code Geass R2 is released in a 2 dvd set (volume 1 and volume 2 combined retailing).

Will madman follow this or will they relase them indivdiually.

Oh btw when will the code geass lelouch launch of the rebellion boxset come out? As the R1 version of it has already been released in parts.

Regards
Dv3

They released it in the same two volume format in the US for Season 1 as well, which Madman did not follow so I doubt they'll do it for R2.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
d.v_3 wrote:

Regards
Dv3

The individual of V6 has just/or is just about to be released here (it's in my current order) so it will be at least several months before the complete collection is available. I think the timeframe is 6 months to a year from the final volume of a set to when the complete collection is released.
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
[..]

The individual of V6 has just/or is just about to be released here (it's in my current order) so it will be at least several months before the complete collection is available. I think the timeframe is 6 months to a year from the final volume of a set to when the complete collection is released.

V5 is being released next week. V6 the week after.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallenangelash wrote:
V5 is being released next week. V6 the week after.

Thanks, I have them both in the same order as they are so close, usually the releases are towards the second half of the month but it seems that the July ones are all on the 1st.

I really hope that there isn't a huge amount of time between the final installment of Season 1 V6 and the first volume of R2 as I have been holding back from watching anymore than the first few episodes until R2 starts to come out here.
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd say that R2 will be later this year... More like Sept/Oct, but don't hold me to that. Its a guess.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd recommend not watching all of R1 until at least the first volume of R2 comes out. Saying it's a bit of a cliffhanger is a massive understatement.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
I'd recommend not watching all of R1 until at least the first volume of R2 comes out. Saying it's a bit of a cliffhanger is a massive understatement.

I don't plan on watching anymore of R1 until I have both seasons completed, am in a similar position to you in that I have a fairly extensive back catalogue of other titles to watch and like to watch series when they are done, not having to wait ages for release dates etc.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently R2 is being released in the US without an artbox. I wonder what Madman will do, since they created their own artbox for Gurren Lagann for example...
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
Apparently R2 is being released in the US without an artbox. I wonder what Madman will do, since they created their own artbox for Gurren Lagann for example...

I would expect, and hope they would create their own.
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They created their own for the first series too.
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: The end of R1, now the agonizing wait for R2 Reply with quote
Hello all, I have just finished watching the end of R1 and talk about your cliffhangers. after which I decided to check the abc2 website and lo and behold they are not showing R2 in the foreseeable future, which is an absolute outrage.

I don't even know when the dvd releases is slated to hit our shores, i hope it isn't long.

Suffice it to say I have been less than impressed with Madman over the last year, seeing how far behind Australia is really is not funny. It is quite rotten to tell you the truth. I love Madman for what they have brought to our shores, but i (like many others around here I would assume), would just wish that Madman gets into gear and starts catching up with the rest of the modern world.

Case and point: it takes World Wrestling Entertainment about three months from a live Pay-per-view showing, to release the dvd of that event worldwide. Why is this process not equally as quick with such wonderful products like those distributed by the good people here?, if someone can provide me an answer I would really love to know.

And before you all raise the issue of watching the series online like so many people do these days, i for one cannot bring myself to do that, as for me bandwidth limitations come into play quite quickly.

Thank you all for your time.

P.S. I did not mean to inflame or cause undue harm to any organization or person in the preceding response. If words written here imply that forgive me.

Satan - John Milton's Paradise Lost
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seriously, madman has to wait for materials from the US, and I am pretty sure that they don't want us having Code Geass before they do.
Same with any property really.
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The end of R1, now the agonizing wait for R2 Reply with quote
necropedal wrote:

If you really want to know what's outrageous why don't you point your finger at Bandai USA? Who are continually delaying releases of all their anime(including R2), and they aren't even releasing an artbox for R2 either. Irregardless(to a certain extent of course) of when Madman release it, if they release it with an artbox they'll be gods as far as I'm concerned.

If you look at the situation now in regards to the delay between R1 and R4 anime, it is much smaller than what it was a few years ago and for that I am greatful to Madman.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We are now initially 4 months behind, and then closer to 3 months behind. This whole 2 volume release structure that Bandai have obvliously doesn't help though.

Keep this in mind and this is the reason why it takes so long

receive materials > create disc> submit for classification (this takes a month to classify) > finish off master > replication (another 3 weeks or so)> warehouse > stores.

In other words, we're cutting a fine line already as it is. We are absolutely doing the best we can to shorten the gap.

Also, looking at around November for R2 v1
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Apologies Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We are now initially 4 months behind, and then closer to 3 months behind. This whole 2 volume release structure that Bandai have obvliously doesn't help though.

receive materials > create disc> submit for classification (this takes a month to classify) > finish off master > replication (another 3 weeks or so)> warehouse > stores.

In other words, we're cutting a fine line already as it is. We are absolutely doing the best we can to shorten the gap.

In that case, I humbly apologize, as I was unaware of the complete process, please accept this apology.

As a further point of inquiry, in relation to this same topic, having checked amazon.com for a release date for R2 they have said August 4th (given the 3-4 month delay post that date), does this then indicate a release date of circa November '09, and have you decided how the packaging will look?

Satan - John Milton's Paradise Lost
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:

too late lol i wish i read this first... so i could ignore it and have the same result
meh...

slykura wrote:

In other words, we're cutting a fine line already as it is. We are absolutely doing the best we can to shorten the gap

better than nothing try your best : ) keep at it! Exclamation Wink

slykura wrote:

hooraysies looking foward to it!
gazelle82
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey,

Not to rub it in but I'm currently watching code geass R2 English dub and it's awsome Smile
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah me too... now I can't wait for the box set of R1 and the release of R2, which seems like it'll be a while... oh well I'll be ready to watch them again by that time at least!
Sakura Konoha
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't wait until November 18 according to Madman and EzyDVD hope that is the correct date for vol.1+box Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: