Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Code Geass Season 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Code Geass Season 3
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Code Geass Season 3 Reply with quote
So do you guys think (the ones who have already watched R1 and R2) that there will be a season 3 of this series? I hope that there will be but i dont think that its going to happen. What do you guys think?
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Code Geass Season 3 Reply with quote
d.v_3 wrote:
So do you guys think (the ones who have already watched R1 and R2) that there will be a season 3 of this series? I hope that there will be but i dont think that its going to happen. What do you guys think?

As much as I loved R1 and R2 I really hope they don't. I couldn't have imagined a better ending for R2 so anything that continues it will be a waste in my opinion.
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to see season 2 done how it was oringally meant to. Before it was rewritten to better suit its new timespot.

If you read up on the internet, i can't remember where, the director tells how the story was changed because of that.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it wasnt just r2 the whole series was changed including series 1 to fit the time slot and no after how r2 ended they cant make a new series and if they did it would ruin the story a new series isnt always a good thing
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read that due to fan base and popularity for Jeremiah Gottwald, they bought him back.

I loved the series, bit confused with the ending unknown if Lelouch is actually dead or not, considering the whole Crane origami. Although directors have said, he died, in interviews, but it still leave me wondering, despite truth being out there, it's just something you don't want to believe.

So in saying all this, I would have definately liked to see how the original script was written, and/or would love to see maybe five more minutes of footage at the end of the show, but at the same time do not wish for those five minutes, nor a season three.
eschulz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: code geass season 3 Reply with quote
I personally liked how this anime ended, it doesnt need anything else to finish off the series, unlike Rozen maiden, shakugan no shana, or D. Gray-man, all of which I think really need a 3rd season anything that they do with code geass could possibly spoil it, sometimes the best thing to do with a brilliant anime is just to lay it to rest and think of a new project, I mean what if they made more death note, huh? that would just be the same stuff over and over, boring and it would be a let down to the earlier series, so rather then ruin code geass by adding another 13-15 eps on it and then ppl saying that the 3rd season wasn't that good its better to leave it how it is, no matter how good of a series it was
Emiya
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kinda related...

Note the Zero Requiem stuff in the bottom right corner. So...I guess the Zero Requiem movie will have an extended ending?
Savoir307
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I personally liked how this anime ended, it doesnt need anything else to finish off the series, unlike Rozen maiden, shakugan no shana, or D. Gray-man, all of which I think really need a 3rd season anything that they do with code geass could possibly spoil it

I agree. If its one thing that drives me crazy it's an anime with either a quick or unfinished ending but they did a great job with the ending for Code Geass and for them to make a season three would be a BAD idea.
That I've Fought The End Of Sorrow
We Continue To Search For Our Destination
No Matter How Much Time Flows By
I Can See Eternity
Carry Out Your Destiny
Lord Sparks
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Part of me would like to see a 3rd season, but part of me realises it could be quite crap. It also seems kinda hard for them to do such a thing. Since R2 tied of most of the lose ends....the show would be very different. =S
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
or that could just be a radom poster and nothing like that will be in the film
SethM
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The ending was great - emotionally and dramatically powerful. One of the best ending to an anime series I've seen in a long time. Let's not try to Hollywoodise it by hoping there'll be an unnecessary 3rd series and just enjoy the two awesome series we've got.
Emiya
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oscilator wrote:
or that could just be a radom poster and nothing like that will be in the film

True.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oooh nice pic of lelouch... *clicky save to pc*
*snicker* now to add shirley in...
anyone got a good pic for that
(soz this is off topic jus pm plz if u have the right pic)

anyway i think and want a 3rd season of geass and this may be a clue... bwahahahaaaaa
tehuber1337
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where did anyone ever get the idea that there'd be a movie? I'm pretty sure that nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned by anyone remotely related to Sunrise.

And that poster is probably just one of many pieces of official art that have no actual connection to the series whatsoever. Lots of popular games and anime do exactly the same thing.

In regards to new Code Geass, this is about as much as we know so far. Note the following:
Quote:
Sunrise did not indicate the format that any hypothetical future plans might take.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
making a new series is the worst thing they could do just because fanboys and girls want more dosent mean its the best thing for the series
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think, if they did do a third season, it would be set quite a time after the end of season 2.

Say, the peace breaks down and the world is at war again. Something along those lines.
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Potenitals and Portents Reply with quote
Look, a season 3 would not be entirely the worst idea I have ever heard of, it would have to be very we orchestrated and very well thought out. Even though I have only seen the first season and not R2, I am unsure exactly how the rest of the series progresses (and do not want to know until i can see it.)
A third season might come out of the woodwork at some point and be a ratings smash, or a ratings blunder.

Considering the scope and magnitude of the series as a whole, things seem pretty well cemented for the time being.

Adding more to such a wondrous series might be a viable option, and one this particular hardcore fan would love to see.

Satan - John Milton's Paradise Lost
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
youll change your mind when you see the end of r2
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.

Papparei
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol since R2 isnt going to be broadcasted in the near future on ABC2, I just had to watch the rest of it ASAP! I have to admit I did like the first season better BUT! R2 although crazy and at some points ridiculous made code geass one of the most entertaining shows ever! And the ending........wow. Really loved this show and its characters...
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see why the series has to be any form of sequel or prequel

Couldn't it be like a Gundam and still keep the same basic idea's but change the setting.

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Balsnac wrote:
I don't see why the series has to be any form of sequel or prequel

Couldn't it be like a Gundam and still keep the same basic idea's but change the setting.

Now that idea I love, as I said before about having a good enough scope for it, this would seem to be a somewhat logical continuation. Brilliant Idea. and one i hope might come to fruition someday down the road.

Emiya
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tehuber1337 wrote:
Where did anyone ever get the idea that there'd be a movie? I'm pretty sure that nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned by anyone remotely related to Sunrise.

Like the first season before, R2 will get a compilation movie. The first one was called "Black Rebellion" and was much more like Taniguchi originally envisioned the first season to go, at least from a storytelling perspective, like the scene where Lelouch gets unmasked by Suzaku being at the very beginning of the movie and thus the whole story being a flashback. Now, R2 gets it's own compilation movie entitled "Zero Requiem" which will be on sale on DVD and Blu-ray by the end of July. According to CD Japan, it will feature "new dubbing parts", there for I am guessing that it will be enhanced in some way, just like the Gundam SEED / SEED DESTINY movies. The first CG Movie didn't have any new footage, but new dialogue in form of C.C. narrating the events.
tehuber1337
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Somehow, I doubt that's what Sunrise was referring to with the whole "it would be nice if we can still do something more". A recap doesn't exactly sound like the more that would be nice to do.
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Emiya wrote:
The first one was called "Black Rebellion" and was much more like Taniguchi originally envisioned the first season to go...

Now, R2 gets it's own compilation movie entitled "Zero Requiem" which will be on sale on DVD and Blu-ray by the end of July.

I have searched both tittles, and added Code Geass at the end and I get no results, do you have a source to info on these two movies.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr.Jackal wrote:
Say, the peace breaks down and the world is at war again. Something along those lines.

i wouldn't mind a peaceful more fun loving and maybe comedic code geass alternate sequel
it would be quite nice Smile
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
i wouldn't mind a peaceful more fun loving and maybe comedic code geass alternate sequel
it would be quite nice Smile

No offence, but I don't. It does have its funny moments, but it isn't a comedy or a love and peace show. I mean it tries to achieve peace in season 1 and 2 but through war. And if there were to be a S3 and it was a comedy I would avoid.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
people seem to wat code geass to be something its not
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. Ok. I will let you all know the secret plot behind Code Geass season 3.

Decades after the war, Lelouch is still alive as he stole his father's code giving him immortality. He lives in peace in the country and CC and working at Orenji's orange farm. However, peace starts to break down, so lelouch realises he needs to come back as zero (as Suzaku is long dead). Though, over the course of the war he grows tired of the constant battles of humanity and begins to rebuild his father's original ragnarok project. The series finishes with him finally operating it, meshing all of humanities conscious into the one single being now known as the Anti-Spiral. Lelouch, holding control over the new life form, sets out to eradicate all human life, as their evolution will only lead to more war.

True story.
Savoir307
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr.Jackal wrote:
Ok. Ok. I will let you all know the secret plot behind Code Geass season 3.

Decades after the war, Lelouch is still alive as he stole his father's code giving him immortality. He lives in peace in the country and CC and working at Orenji's orange farm. However, peace starts to break down, so lelouch realises he needs to come back as zero (as Suzaku is long dead). Though, over the course of the war he grows tired of the constant battles of humanity and begins to rebuild his father's original ragnarok project. The series finishes with him finally operating it, meshing all of humanities conscious into the one single being now known as the Anti-Spiral. Lelouch, holding control over the new life form, sets out to eradicate all human life, as their evolution will only lead to more war.

True story.

Do you have a link to this information?
I Can See Eternity
Carry Out Your Destiny
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Savoir307 wrote:
[..]

Do you have a link to this information?

I doubt it, but considering how over the top R1 and R2 are it's not completely impossible. I also hope it isn't true as it completely defeats the purpose of R2's ending.
Savoir307
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
[..]

I doubt it, but considering how over the top R1 and R2 are it's not completely impossible. I also hope it isn't true as it completely defeats the purpose of R2's ending.

It is an interesting concept but I would have to agree with hoping that its not true Also Lelouch was able to use his geass after he had stopped with his father which means that if Lelouch became immortal the he wouldn't have his geass anymore.
I Can See Eternity
Carry Out Your Destiny

Last edited by Savoir307 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code Geass is a prequel to Gurren-Lagann.

Of course none of that is true Razz
tehuber1337
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Needs moar spoiler tags, Savoir.
Savoir307
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry bout that
I Can See Eternity
Carry Out Your Destiny
Emiya
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
I have searched both tittles, and added Code Geass at the end and I get no results, do you have a source to info on these two movies.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdjapan.co.jp%2Fdetailview.html%3FKEY%3DBCXA-180&ei=IaRqSrDtCoTOsgOzk_WXBQ&rct=j&q=Code+Geass+Zero+Requiem+CD+Japan&usg=AFQjCNEb9lqzRVvPDEWgK5ji1ncDiQRx9w&sig2=m_yvO2HFwzy1jflopMBSZw
Lord Sparks
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Something that occured to me the other day. Some of the Code Geass media, other then the anime features various "alternate realities". That being said, a 3rd season of Code Geass could be made, implementing an alternate reality. Dont get me to rattle off ideas, i've been putting thought into it, and i'm still not sure if any of the ideas i've had a credible. It would all depend on what the new season would try to achieve. Would it try to follow the manga, the way FMA: Brotherhood is? Would it serve mostly to show us new Knightmare Frames? Is the objective to introduce all sorts of new characters with the influence of Geass floating around, or just give us more chances to see the characters we've come to know and love. I wanna try to avoid throwing in any spoilers and such, but Code Geass R2 wraps things up pretty neatly. With the world united in the wake of Zero Requiem, Knightmares are somewhat useless. Yet the threat of Geass and those with Codes are still around. There are various aspects to be explored. I can only hope that SUNRISE look into some of them. Pardon my long rant, i just wanted to get that written down somewhere....
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i doubt they would remake it to folow the manga seing as the manga based of the anime and not the other way around like fma
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is one MAJOR difference in the manga though. That is Knightmare frames don't exsist.
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr.Jackal wrote:
There is one MAJOR difference in the manga though. That is Knightmare frames don't exsist.

Some of the manga. They're present in Nightmare of Nunnally.
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, i was just talking about "Lelouch of the Rebellion".
Lord Sparks
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed, though they could always animate Nightmare of Nunnaly or some of the others. There's material for them to use there.
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really loved both series and allthough I would love to see the romantic issues resolved and everyone paired-up, I don't think a chronologically linked R3 would be a good idea. They could do it and make it great, and I do have faith in the show's creators but... after that ending (WOW!) it just wouldn't be the same.
I say just appreciate it in all its awesomeness now!

Lord Sparks wrote:
Indeed, though they could always animate Nightmare of Nunnaly or some of the others. There's material for them to use there

From what I heard the manga was somewhat inferior... it has quite a different story which is alternate i believe and making it into anime could potentially ruin the existing ones

Last edited by Bowie on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
woops... ignore this

Last edited by Bowie on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reflect
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Code Geass Season 3 Reply with quote
d.v_3 wrote:

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN CODE GEASS + R2 PLEASE DO NOT READ BELOW!!!!! *added spoiler tags*

talking to a friend about this a month or so ago, I have seen Code Geass & R2 (and i must say -INCREDIABLE-)
my friend argues - yes, there will be a season 3, lelouch did not die! it was anther one of his plans!

me - though i see his point, i think it will carry on with Zero... but with Suzaku behind the mask! and i have a feelin it would be several years later

BUT, really this collection was simply breath taking, and unless they can match the quality of CG/R2 - leave it be! ..but im a sucker that would be Code Geass 3 even if it sucked lol

Last edited by Reflect on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Code Geass Season 3 Reply with quote
Reflect wrote:

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS

Put [sp*iler] [/sp*iler] (replace * with o) around the text you want to hide. Do it quickly before someone accidentally reads it.

Like this.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Renton7 wrote:
[..]

No offence, but I don't. It does have its funny moments, but it isn't a comedy or a love and peace show. I mean it tries to achieve peace in season 1 and 2 but through war. And if there were to be a S3 and it was a comedy I would avoid.

i was really just meaning a more light code geass but that wish is pretty much gone as i agree it wouldn't work etc.
jut that pic looked really nice and id love to see a bit of that...
Razz
yay code geass...

maybe just one where it turns out lelouch somehow isnt dead! that one ill leave up to the creators. and its set about 2-4 or up years later and the world is still the same... unknown to lelouch... one day while in the country with (NOT GIRLFRIEND) C.C. (oh and i also wanna revive shirley... she must stay with loulou!!! Evil or Very Mad ) he runs into nunally and after catching up in a heart felt Razz reunion she tells lelouch about how the civilaisation that he was in, is still the same... he teams up with suzaku and fights yet again...

this thread is fun Razz i like reading peoples ideas on a code geass continuation Razz
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Season 3 will be about Orenji's Orange Farm You will love it, Everyone will love it. It will be better then the first 2 seasons. Best anime ever.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr.Jackal wrote:
Season 3 will be about Orenji's Orange Farm You will love it, Everyone will love it. It will be better then the first 2 seasons. Best anime ever.

OMG!!! WOW
and who is orenji anyway did someone make him up cuz it sounds like orange 0_______o
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I assume they are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: