Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Vegeta and Bulma

Vegeta and Bulma
Author
Li Syaoran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Vegeta and Bulma Reply with quote
Hey everyone;

I know this is a really cheesy question but I was curious to know if anyone has read the DBZ manga and can tell me whether they explain Vegeta and Bulma's relationship.
People might not think this is important but I think it is because people should be able to see just how he changes into something else other then a power-hungry saiyan.
It only crossed my mind as I'm re-watching the Android Saga and it's hard to believe that he actually falls for Bulma or at what point does he fall in love with her etc.
Apart from the awesome; action-packed goodness of Db/Z/GT; they don't really like to go in-depth about how relationships happen.
Even with Krillin and Android 18...How on earth did this ever happen? Ha-ha!
Android 18 is such a hottie and Krillin a weakling...how'd they ever fall in love?

I know I know it's so cheesy and I'm sorry but it's just out of curiosity. I'm sure other people might want to know.

Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to the Viz translations, Yamucha was never faithful and Vegeta was just there after Bulma broke it off. They had a sinful bastard child but nothing really came of it until after the Cell games where they actually started living together and showed they cared, but I don't think it's really confirmed if they ever married or anything.

As for Kuririn and No. 18, he saved her life and removed the bombs from her body and in the intervening seven years they must have met up? Kuririn always thought she was gorgeous and couldn't bring himself to kill her, so yeah. His act of good faith apparently led to some good times.

If you know what I mean.

I mean sex.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orion159
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Always feel a bit sorry for Kuririn. I mean in almost any other context, and even up against most heroes from other anime titles, he would be considered stupidly, unbelievably strong. Packed into the tiny frame would make it seem even more absurd about his sheer power. Add onto that the fact that from a very early age he consistently advanced very deep into the World Martial Arts Tournament.

But then he gets stuck running after a bunch of Saiyan's, Namekians, Androids etc and is relegated to an also-ran chump. Damn.

Scoring 18 is probably the one moment that proved he actually is hero-calibre!
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know when you think about it pairings seemed to kind of work or not work.
Some characters got lucky from the start and some never did, I mean for ages alot of people assumed Yamcha and Bulma were a couple during DB early DBZ, but that changed later.
Some things like Goku and ChiChi were set in stone.
It was kind of a similar thing with Gohan and Videl, it would've been interesting to see some other competitors for the affections of the main character at times.
anime_queen
Li Syaoran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, because then you get whiney; pointless drama with different toons falling for one another lol...
Bulma does call Vegeta her "husband" during the tournament after the Cell Saga...so, maybe they did get married.

oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bulma's simply a servent women who fetches vegeta drying cloths
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anime_queen wrote:
Nah, because then you get whiney; pointless drama with different toons falling for one another lol...
Bulma does call Vegeta her "husband" during the tournament after the Cell Saga...so, maybe they did get married.
But that probably happened after the stuff with Majin Buu was over.
Since it took Vegeta a small part of the saga to come to realize some of his feelings for her.
vegeta117 :D
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i wish there was more detail in the relationship i think vegeta is awesome and bolma well bolma is pritty hot and smart
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think this believe it or not is very realistic. I mean walk out side and you will see woman everywhere still in love with men even though they assault and treat them like s***. Not saying that happens all the time but you could say that some people like people for personality traits. Even how mean or sad/weak they seem as in kuiren? and Vegeta Lol =)

http://pokemonblogger.com/forums/

;D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hated when I found out that bulma and vegeta got married! Vegeta is my husband (jks I wish he was). I have to agree that bulma is really just a servant woman (surprisingly with a brain). Vegeta is really strong and has a son named trunks, which has exceeded his own power. Vegeta (in the anime) looks totally distant from the relationship and seems to have nothing to do with it. Bulma is also pretty self-centered so seems really weird she paired herself with vegeta.

They never got married (she only calls vegeta her husband cuz she wants to eventually get married to him) poor vegeta Sad
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you even seen the Buu saga or red the manga? The whole point of Vegeta's death in the Buu saga was to show that he did care about his family afterall and what drove him now was a desire to protect them.

There's also absolutely nothing to say Vegeta was absuive to Bulma. Just a prick, as he was to everyone. So yeah you could argue he was an emotional abuser, but at least he lived with his wife when he was alive. Unlike the 'hero' Son Goku.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I guess so,
But son goku was always apart from chi chi. I mean, if I was goku, i'd have been scared of her too. She's probably harmless but chi chi sure is scary!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: