Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray

Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray
Author
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray Reply with quote
hey now that we have seen the box art aswell as the DVD cover for V1 of R-2 does anyone know if it will be released in blu-ray like in america???
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd expect the first season to be releaed on Blu-ray first. That said, I think Madman's going to initially concentrate on movies for Blu-ray.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Code Geass R2 Blu-Ray Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
hey now that we have seen the box art aswell as the DVD cover for V1 of R-2 does anyone know if it will be released in blu-ray like in america???

There is no blu-ray release of R2 in the USA.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

oh that is my bad, thought i read it somewhere... well then i shall change it to will R-2 be released in blu-Ray like Japan??
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
Quote:

oh that is my bad, thought i read it somewhere... well then i shall change it to will R-2 be released in blu-Ray like Japan??

although its not my call and i dont work for madman
i highly doubt that a blu-ray release would be done... people would want boxes and then it'd be harder and more expensive to make than a blu-ray series than it already is...
so i wouldnt get your hopes up...

but lets see what happens
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
i highly doubt that a blu-ray release would be done... people would want boxes and then it'd be harder and more expensive to make than a blu-ray series than it already is...

what if they were to release a box for the blu-ray discs?
i mean i love code geass and wouldnt mind paying an extra $15* for the extra qaulity even with the added money with a box set and im sure i wouldnt be the only one out there aswell that wouldnt mind paying the extra money.

* = assumeing that amount as it is $15 more as it is $15 more for afro samurai resurrection blu-ray then the DVD.
fallenangelash
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
Quote:

what if they were to release a box for the blu-ray discs?
i mean i love code geass and wouldnt mind paying an extra $15* for the extra qaulity even with the added money with a box set and im sure i wouldnt be the only one out there aswell that wouldnt mind paying the extra money.

* = assumeing that amount as it is $15 more as it is $15 more for afro samurai resurrection blu-ray then the DVD.

its a Afro Samurai is a OVA/movie thing(?), not a full fledged 26 episode series... so it would be a bit more than an extra $15 imo.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

its a Afro Samurai is a OVA/movie thing(?), not a full fledged 26 episode series... so it would be a bit more than an extra $15 imo.

i was talking about single DVD's so if there would be 6 discs in the series like the first season i would assume it to me more like $90 for the intire season.
and afro samurai (directors cut) blu-ray is also $15 more then the DVD version aswell so, yer <> (not meaning to sound like a smart A$#@)
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont think the australian anime markets bigg enough and it probaly wont sell well enough were as japan has a moasive anime market a(seeing as thats were its from)
Reflect
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i eagly await blu-ray from madman, and this will happen at some point... but they best remember to keep including the collection boxes ^^
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With Blu-ray, I'd rather they release complete series in one case. That's the way the US appears to be going.
necropedal
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: The Changing Face Reply with quote
oscilator wrote:
i dont think the australian anime markets bigg enough and it probaly wont sell well enough were as japan has a moasive anime market a(seeing as thats were its from)

Hopefully this will begin to steadily change over the coming years.
I just sent through an email to Foxtel to inquire about and request the addition of, a dedicated anime channel (we are one of the only developed nations on the planet that does not have, or has ever had one. Think Animax or something like that) (along with the Pro-wrestling one). It seemed to go down well with the team as I made a point of saying that we are amongst the most loyal and dedicated fan bases known the world over.

I truly hope that wheels begin turning in our favor, and our market starts to increase by several orders of magnitude.

This being said, thanks for being one of the only people i have seen to admit the less than impressive state of our anime market here in Australia. It truly is a damned shame and is in dire need of rectification.

Satan - John Milton's Paradise Lost
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
[what if they were to release a box for the blu-ray discs?

i meant expensive for madman

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: