Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Will Bleach ever end?

Will Bleach ever end?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Will Bleach ever end? Reply with quote
just wondering because neither the manga or the anime has gotten close to finishing. Also, opinions on how it will end would be great.

"To Be, or not to be. That is a guestion."

Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions at Play-Asia.com>
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It won't end for a long time, even though it's long since passed its use by date.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found the latest chapters almost painful to read. But I don't think will be ending any time soon.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I do hope there has been a ending in plan otherwise it can go on forever.
The japanese Tanbobon are already 40 volumes and it seems Aizen Sosuke power is even far beyond the Arrancar level.

In volume 28 Grimmjow was a bit out of line and Aizen could bring Grimmjow to his knees just with his power.

Though Ichigo has been going through some changes which are eye openning but I don't know how much of this is going to drag on.

It's not like I hate a good long story it's just that if the artist keeps milking it with more side story's or goes of the track from the main storyline then well never see the end.

Plus there's only so much a bookshelf can take otherwise you need almost two large bookshelfs just to hold all your manga.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the main problem is kubo has a terible memory and forgets what he has writen so contridicts himself all the time
and thers gotta be a hell arc before it ends
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oscilator wrote:
the main problem is kubo has a terible memory and forgets what he has writen so contridicts himself all the time

Oh really? Care to cite a few specific examples because I've found Kubo to be just the opposite. He's way better with the foreshadowing than most authors of really long running series. Shinji cropped up in a character spread way back in Volume 1 and Iceringer and D-Roy cropped up just after the first Grand Fisher Fight in Volume 3 or 4
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Will Bleach ever end? Reply with quote
joshcrazy25 wrote:
just wondering because neither the manga or the anime has gotten close to finishing. Also, opinions on how it will end would be great.

It's a shounen fight manga. It'll get canned when noone's reading it, and so noone will care.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't think it will get canned.
It's too popular to get canned anyway.

Some people say it should of ended at the end of the Soul Society arc...well that's ok but it still leaves ol' Mr Aizen and co being up to no good in the Hollow world.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem with the Arrancar and onwards is that its far too similar to Soul Society, or at least I see too many generic similarities. Girl gets kidnapped, Ichigo vows to save her alone, friends decide to help (cue sappy moment?), they go to some magical place with lots of dangerous enemies. They fight a series of increasingly difficult battles and blahblahblah.
Right now, the story is too cluttered. There are far too many fights going at once, and its been far too long since we've since Ichigo and pals.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
im also getting sick of the length... im not like reading the manga or watching the newest episodes or something but ive got the dvds and well... once ive started a series i like to finish it.

and they should have kept it popular when it was still good...
they payed no attention to that with naruto
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
and they should have kept it popular when it was still good...
they payed no attention to that with naruto

What?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah WHAT? I really didn't understand that comment...Kept I good when it was popular.
When was it most popular I must ask?

You really shouldn't compare Bleach to Naruto since there are too completely different things.

Personally I like Bleach and Naruto and they both have good storylines but I wouldn't compare them to each other in a bad way.

Both Bleach and Naruto are both become long running manga but I think we all do need to be told at some point how long a series is going to go for.

As for Naruto a ending has been planned but still a few things need to be done first.(which is what the author has said).

As for a ending for Bleach I have no clue.

Though I kinda wonder why are people losing interest in it?
What made Bleach appeal to you in the first place?
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh whoops... sorry thats not what i meant...
actually i forgot what i ment...
but yeah bleach is still a lot better though
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the interesting story and really cool and unique fights got me into Bleach, the plot twists were made of so much win

the problem I see is that he clearly didn't plan the series beyond the Arrancar arc, so like he had all the story elements and where he wanted to take the series up till about the end of the Arrancar arc and then ran out of ideas and never thought of anymore, it's why we've been subjected to pretty much one massive fight scene since the start of the Hueco Mundo arc and why the Pendulum Arc was so good because he'd be going back to his initial story ideas, mainly the backstory of the Vizard

on occasion we have a hint of what made Bleach good the new look Hollow Ichigo was epic (probably another case of initial story concepts cuz Hollow Ichigo was always gonna come back some day) and some of the backstories for some of the Espada were interesting, especially Barragans and could have easily be expanded on beyond a pointless irrelevant flashback and integrated into the main storyline

really the issue atm is that there's just too many fight scenes where story has taken a back seat compared to it being the forefront in Soul Society, and ultimately he's run out of ideas Soi Fon's Bankai and Shunsui's shikai power were lame and some of the Vizards shikai's were unimaginative and a bit whacky

i'll keep going till it ends, and it's not exactly 'dull' to watch either, but it just ain't as great as SS or AA, I also miss Ichigo, I mean he is the main character, what's he doing disappearing for massive stretches of time? :/
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just finished watching the anime thats currently out and i cant wait for it to continue. Im really looking forward to the rest of the arrancar arc being put into anime format. I also read the manga from were the arrancar arc left off up till the end and it looks great.

Also i thought id add that Bleach i dont think will end for awhile. at least not till it beats the dragon ball series in length (dragonball, dragonball z and dragonball GT combined total at 508 episodes)
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slasher000 wrote:
I just finished watching the anime thats currently out and i cant wait for it to continue. Im really looking forward to the rest of the arrancar arc being put into anime format. I also read the manga from were the arrancar arc left off up till the end and it looks great.

Also i thought id add that Bleach i dont think will end for awhile. at least not till it beats the dragon ball series in length (dragonball, dragonball z and dragonball GT combined total at 508 episodes)

I'm not entirely sure that 'beating' Dragon Ball in length has anything to do with the completely unnecesary length the series has long since passed.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Beating a another series in Length doesn't mean anything as long as any anime series keeps popularity to that length of time.

You could add another 50 to 100 episode to any anime series and still won't make the series any better as long as it keeps it popular and the fans happy.

If the fans are not happy how the show progresses with more episodes of crap then then number of episodes mean nothing.

Actually most people like short series than long series as long series just drags on and on and the plot just get ridiculous.

SO I won't brag that it's longer than another series which did quite well for it's age.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: