Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Did you like GT?

Did you like GT?
Author
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Did you like GT? Reply with quote
Did you like GT?

Personally I didn't really like it because of the fact that I didn't like some decisions which were made when the story was created. One of these being they made Gohan alot weaker in my opinion, at one stage he used to be one of the strongest in DragonBall but in GT Majuub was stronger as was Trunks.

I did like it as well especially when Pilaf was shown one of my favourite characters in DragonBall.

Look forward to hearing your opinions.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It had the best ending of any of the Dragon Ball series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I admit that it had the best ending, the other endings were cliffhangers in my opinion. You want to find out what happens next but you can't because there is nomore series.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:
I admit that it had the best ending, the other endings were cliffhangers in my opinion. You want to find out what happens next but you can't because there is nomore series.

No, they were not cliffhangers. Remember, it was only renamed Z for the anime to differentiate it, the manga was named Dragonball all the way up until the end of volume 42. There was no cliffhanger because there was no real break to the story, just an in-universe time skip. DBZ had the same ending as the manga which was a bad ending in either format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
True, but I really wanted to see what happened after Goku married Chi-Chi.

I didn't read the manga.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:

Dragonball Z happened. *chortle chortle*

There's a lot wrong with GT. They forgot that Gohan doesn't need to go SSJ because of his 'mystic' powerup. Oob becomes redundant almost straight away. The Super 17 arc is...fill in the blank. Goku is so ridiculously overpowered and steals the spotlight; even if he is the main hero, it doesn't mean somebody else can't shine for a while.

And yet there are parts of it that are pretty fun. Entertaining, I should say.
I then struggled to think of something off the top of my head. Hmm...I like the idea behind Super Saiya-jin 4. The negative energy or whatever coming from the Dragonballs was a good idea too, it was just poorly executed.

Given how short it was, I found it a bit hard to enjoy. But the ending was great, as Gouki already mentioned.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All I can say is that they completely screwed up Gohan.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:

I didn't read the manga.

You didn't need to read the manga. There was a time skip. Nothing else. What happened after Goku marriied Chi-Chi you saw for 291 episodes. The Warth was at peace for the five years between Dragon Ball and Z.

As I said DBZ episode one aired exactly one week after DB episode 154 in Japan, and in America long after so you'd already seen what happens.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:
All I can say is that they completely screwed up Gohan.

Perhaps. Gohan is alot weaker than what he used to be because he has been idle working a clerical job - I would presume this is why he loses his mysticism
SaiyamanMS
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragon Ball GT was a series of good ideas with poor execution. Which on the whole makes it a little hit or miss, but generally somewhat enjoyable.

This clearly makes me the very best, like no one ever was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
B-Zero
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From all the negativity surrounding it I went in not expecting much entertainment value from it, however with the expectations lowered I was quite happily enjoyed the entire series.
Maybe there were a few things, like super weak Gohan but ohwell.

However, Madmans remastered DVD releases occasionally (periods of 2-5 minutes through 50% of episodes) had atrocious sound quality. I want to make that clear, it was worse than bad bootleg dvds (not that i ever watch or own any). It must've been some bad dvd pressing at the time.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
gt was full of missed opurtunitys such as not having grown up goten and trunks fuse the fights are entertaining but the story not that great
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
B-Zero wrote:
From all the negativity surrounding it I went in not expecting much entertainment value from it, however with the expectations lowered I was quite happily enjoyed the entire series.
Maybe there were a few things, like super weak Gohan but ohwell.

However, Madmans remastered DVD releases occasionally (periods of 2-5 minutes through 50% of episodes) had atrocious sound quality. I want to make that clear, it was worse than bad bootleg dvds (not that i ever watch or own any). It must've been some bad dvd pressing at the time.
IF there are problems let Sly know about them, I've heard collection 2 had audio problems.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oscilator wrote:
gt was full of missed opurtunitys such as not having grown up goten and trunks fuse

There is really not much need to see that, as the climax to the whole series is the fusion of Goku and Vegeta at SS4.
Zane Truesdale
BT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pearl wrote:
[..]

There is really not much need to see that, as the climax to the whole series is the fusion of Goku and Vegeta at SS4.

Yeah that's a good point but it was clearly necessary against Super 17 before Goku arrives.
vegeta117 :D
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i liked it becous vegeta whent ss4 Very Happy
Clever Son Gokuh
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There was some parts that i liked, but i hated how the story was executed. There was soo many problems, mistakes and bad writing with the whole thing. The fact that Gohan was week was just 1 of the many problems.

Plus I thought that the ending was bad.
Shokun
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GT wasn't a Bad series, I enjoyed because its DragonBall, but the thing I found Most annoying was Pan. She just irritated me for some reason. Love the idea behind SSJ4, except how Vegeta Got there, Love the fusion between Goku and Vegeta. I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Gotenks again, but meh. Im not so problematic with Gohan being weak, you guys have to remember he hadn't trained since Majin Buu was killed lols. That would have made him fair weak. All that mystic probably got bottle up again.

All in all imo, I rate it a, 7/10.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really need to watch GT again, haven't seen it since it was on Cheese TV so haven't seen every single episode yet. I didn't overly like it at the time since the storyline just seemed weak and didn't feel like DBZ.
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently, according to some people, GT has a really good ending but some decisions were poorly made. This was like how they would battle enemies and their opinions upon them. What I hate is when people tell me the end of things before I get a chance to see it for myself Sad and someone says that both vegeta and goku die...is this true? And then they have great, great grandson's named after them (vegeta jr and goku jr) and carry out the same adventure they all had. I think it's sad that vegeta died but at least we know that it ended well with vegeta jr and goku jr.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: