Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Live Performance Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Live Performance Discussion Thread
Author
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha that reminds me when me and my friend went to see Cradle of Filth at Thebarton Theatre. We hadn't bought seated tickets but we were a bit overwhelmed (read: scared s***less) by some of the fans what with blades (albeit fake) attached to their boots and whatnot, so we went and found an empty lounge to chill on. Wasn't really that bad, we could see the whole stage and because the Thebarton is pretty small we weren't too far away.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I would feel pretty intimated or at least a little uncomfortable in a crowd of Cradle of Filth fans.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to see ORPHEUS, EYEFEAR & BLACK MAJESTY tommorow night at the HiFi Bar. Its the launch show for black majestys fourth album ‘In Your Honour' . Should be a great night of Aussie Heavy Metal and i just cant wait for this show Very Happy
Neuth
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The lineup was bad enough. People in trench coats were spawning from the shadows in all directions. Laughing

In all seriousness though, it wasn't toooo bad, but I think unless you're used to it, feeling uncomfortable in that crowd is kind of a given.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neuth wrote:
but I think unless you're used to it, feeling uncomfortable in that crowd is kind of a given.

Yeah i argee, the first time your on the floor in the mosh its a bit hard to get used to people smashing into you every which way but once you find your feet, you get used to it pretty quicky. Now i dont think i could handle not being in the middle of the pit at a concert, it just make the show so much more fun imo.
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Martzy wrote:
Now i dont think i could handle not being in the middle of the pit at a concert, it just make the show so much more fun imo.

I dare you to say that after you've been in the pit at a Robbie Williams concert... absolutely brutal! Shocked
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think my first ever concert was an atreyu and 36 crazy fists concert, was in the mosh the entire night, i was 15 and weighed in under 55kgs, i was used to it the moment i got in... and still to this day i just squeeze towards the front... i can usually get to the second row if not the first. and from there i just let the crowd take me lol.

really moshes arnt that bad, regardless of whos in them, there generally nice ppl and will take care of you lol. and not to mention id hardly call it being on ur feet, seeing as you jump most of the time, so ud probably only spend time on ur feet when they are talking in between songs, and plus thats why you stand on other ppls feet softer =P
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sleepless Beauty wrote:
[..]

I dare you to say that after you've been in the pit at a Robbie Williams concert... absolutely brutal! Shocked

LOL well i have never been in a Robbie Williams pit but i think some of the shows i have been would be just as bad Very Happy
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Circle pits and stage diving is where it's at.
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess what? I Got Muse tickets too Razz
They're seated tickets but pretty darn close.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see more Muse fans here...Welcome!

Tickets went pretty fast around the nation I heard on the Muse.mu website forum.
A few disappointments went around to some who had trouble with pre-sale passwords and/or accounts I heard.

So for those of us who got the pre-sale tickets and were happy with what they got, you can say were are pretty lucky just get any tickets.

My tickets are Gold seated but is still close to the stage which is why I'm happy with what I got even though it was completely RANDOM selection, I was just lucky.

::Moshing::
Moshing though I don't like to bring it up but we have our own story's to tell on this.
Moshing is pretty much prohibited but it still goes on in some places and it's dangerous when you see aerobatic crowd surfing you say:
"THAT **** IS CRAZY" and "******* DANGEROUS"

Aerobatic crowd surfing is were the crowd surfer is thrown high into the air and crashes back down on top of the crowd. Shocked
I have seen this at Crowded House's last concert at the Opera House and it was one of the most CRAZY crowd surfing you ever seen and you thing it won't ever happen at a Crowded House concert but it DID.
Security was chucking out the crowd surfers by the second as they just didn't stop.

::Death from Moshing::
People didn't even stop pushing at the Limp Bizkit concert until the band stopped playing and did refused to play until the crowds got there act together.
But the damage was already done and a girl had died on the was to hospital which is sad and security at the big day out just wasn't doing a good enough job and they were the ones to blame and Limp Bizkit got some of the blame too.
I remember Fred Durst was to attend a court hearing over the incident.

::Warning to those who want to get to the front::
The thing is WHY do you PUSH to get closer to the front when there's people already in front of you from the start of the concert?
There's no point of trying to get to the front really as you can already see the band from were your standing, So why push to get closer? you just going to annoy the person in front who's standing his/her ground and you could end up a jab in the face or a punch in the kidney's if you push in front and block there 'once' good view.

::Heavy rock Goth Bands::
I remember going to a Nightwish concert (Heavy Finnish rock band with Opera like rock) and it had lots of Goths and head bangers which are guys with long braided hair and woman in black corsets and black make-up etc.

You thing they look pretty intimidating but the thing is they are just like you and I and to me it was just another concert and I LIKED IT...and yes I'm a Nightwish Fan but I don't need to go all goth just to enjoy a concert but I did dress all in black which is quite funny as most dress all in black to those concerts.
If you dress in white you will STAND OUT Laughing

As I was once standing next to a goth guy and no one wants to become between you and the other guy as you look intimidating and no one is gonna dare push in front of a intimidating guy. Razz

The thing is I have been to a lot of concerts in my time since when my parents to took me to see a lot of famous bands and solo artists and I feel like a veteran when it comes to concerts now and you do see how people can get out of hand at concerts and see girls scream at the top of their lungs behind you until your almost gone DEAF then you tell them to shut up.

I been to about two concerts were girls would SCREAM so LOUD you just had to tell them to shut up it was seriously bad. Evil or Very Mad

So I don't want this topic to sound like "bad-things-that-happen-at-concerts" but it seems it has, but we all like to have fun and get the most we paid for since it's not cheap entertainment as tickets are over $100 per person these days.
But I don't like to spend over $100 for a ticket and then it ends as the worst night out.
SO have fun but be sensible. Smile
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll push in front of the itimidating guy/lass. Hell if Im paying money too see a band that I want to see, I want the best view possible, granted I am about 6foot tall, but in concert it seems everyone is an extra 6 incus taller, and the further back you are the more people head you see unless you are standing out of the mosh, which is boring.

Ppl dying In mosh, granted tradgidy, but at the same time it's very easy to get out, ppl will help you get out so they can take ur place, I'm not tsing to push blame on the girl, but if she was feeling really bad she should have got out. I've done this, being crushed at the front of a mosh being probably one of the smallest ppl there is no picnic, but you should still be able to go, hy I'm dying here i should move. And if you reall need help and ur at the front the security gaurds will pull you over and get you out, I've even seen band members do this.

Yes ppl probably will get hurt I've seen ppl come out with broken noses. But this is somehing you acknoledge before you go in, if u don't want to get an elbow to the face then dont go in. It's pretty simple. But ppl want a "concert experience" which does include moshing. And standing at the back of a mosh is boring, unless your taunting ppl behind the baracade spliting a second mosh. Tis always good fun.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zeonezeonly I'm here to offend you when I say this but your comments on pushing to the front is seriously bad and cringe worthy acts because your just starting trouble and what your doing is selfishly wrong because you didn't que earlier just to get to the front first.

You can't just like go "GET OUT OF MY WAY I'M COMING THROUGH I WANT TO GET CLOSER AND I DON'T CARE WHO I KILL TO GET THERE" but you just think nothing but yourself and don't think of the consequences when you do it so how can you have the right to do it when you have no sympathy for others.

And you can't say "Sorry, It wasn't my fault it was the person behind me who did it" after someone in front of you gets hurt from you pushing.
Once someone pushes it like a domino effect because everyone is like a few inches in front of you.

Pushing kinda does make you look selfish when you act like that as you want your way with no sympathy of others.
I can't see how it's BORING if it's the same everywhere.
Standing, seating or seating so far up that 'if-it-rains-you-be-the-first-to-know areas, as I can't see how it would be BORING anywhere.
I've never been bored at a concert so I don't know how you can say this as I enjoy all my time at concerts I've been too.

If height and size is your problem maybe you should consider seating option to get a higher view as ground level may not help at all for short people.
But you may not get this option if its open field area so it depends on venue too.
Note: just because you small doesn't give you the right to push others.

Security may help but they can FAIL as result of the Limp Bizkit concert and you shouldn't rely on security as they're the last resort.
Security shouldn't have to need to pull you out if you or the crowd behaves.
Pushing just gets you kicked to the back or even worse don't come back at all if your a real trouble maker.

I notice most indoor concerts these days are setting up designs for a walkway to divide the audience in the middle so there's 'Equal' viewing options so people don't have to push to see when the band members or dancers or Lead singer goes to the walkway as all can see.

Outdoor concert are the most dangerous out-of-control ones as it is hard to control crowds because it's just a big field of people and anybody can push at different angles and there's no stopping it.

Some have split up ground level sections to backend section so it doesn't crush the front end.
SO in otherwords it's crowd control by numbers for that section.
These designs has been in more consideration because Venues don't want death or injuries.

Your version of "concert experience" means people getting hurt but I't SHOULDN'T BE THIS WAY is what I'm getting at.
People can still enjoy a concert and not get hurt and security thankful and relieved of not having work hard just to control out-of-control crowds.
The last thing security want is to carry an unconscious person out of the crowd and perform CPR on them just to revive them.

I know the Metallica stage is gonna be in the center on the Acer Arena which means the audience is gonna surround the stage and their be more 'equal' viewing but I don't know how they gonna do the barriers for each sides.
I'll have to tell you when I see them in concert.
Neuth
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I went to see Dream Theater last year I made sure I got in early so I could get pretty close to the front, and then out of nowhere these snobby kids push from the back and stand right in front of me, where the floor was slightly raised, which totally ruined my view. In my opinion, pushing in front of someone where you will block their view like that is not on, just plain rude/selfish etc., I was so frustrated at that. I'm not really that assertive so I wouldn't like to have seen the reaction of someone who is.

Anyway I digress; because of a few guys moshing at what is more of a 'watch in awe' kind of band, I ended up a few meters back where I could actually see the whole stage (and band) better. So I guess if you have problems seeing the band in the mosh and don't want to go to a seated area, that might work better. Though I suppose it all depends on the venue and what kind of band you are seeing.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah It all depends on the venue mostly and having a good view.
But sometimes once you get a good view someone is gonna ruin it sooner or later if your in the mosh as it's unpredictable.

What bands or solo artist put on the best shows and state your ones you been to or dragged to by your parents or friend that was quiet better than expected.

I heard pink puts on a good show and I have even seen Lady Gaga show which is pretty good.

Most of the U2 concerts I all been too have been good as my brother is a BIG FAN of U2 and we practically seen every U2 concert since 92.
As usual they have big Tv screens at the back.
Coldplay did the same as U2 with the big screen behind the band yet both band hate each other surprisingly which I heard.

Seening Korn, Disturbed and Hatebreed all in one night was good.
Nightwish with new lead singer was good even though it was a small theatre but was still good.

Linkin Park was good and surprisingly 'The Cure' went for 3 hours with no support band and had 3 encore's as they we for that LONG because they have been around since the 70's and they were good at performing.
Police the band was also good and also Evanescence .

I few bands my parent took me to see was Eurythmics and Anne Lennox has such powerful voice I'm NOT JOKING she's awesome.
Paul McCartney solo and his 'late' wife Linda who were both in the Wings band and that was the one time I last saw her before she passed away.

My parent took me to Billy joel, Rod stewart and Elton john and a few others when I was young and Rod kicking soccer balls into the audiences was amushing but I heard someone got a broke a finger because of trying to catch the ball. Laughing
I thing they sued Rod Stewart over it Laughing

A few Aussie or New Zealand bands such as Crowded House and Jimmy Barnes and noiseworks and a few others but too many to name.

I have been to Pet shop boys concert and that was a little weird as it had a gay theme with male dancer dressed like male strippers towards the end of the show.
But as you already know that the band members are gay and most of the audience were gay men was a little uncomfortable being in that crowd for me as it felt like I accidently walked into a gay bar funny enough but I got over it. Laughing

Ahhh funny stuff over the years of going to live concerts.
But there are some concerts I WISH I had been there like Faith No More which broke up in 98 and I missed their 'last' australian tour concert which was in 97....DAMN IT the Band broke up a year later.
But it's funny how you become more a fan of a band after they break up or a Singer dies eg Nirvana and Queen as both lead singers have died.

What Bands or artists did you wish to see but didn't get to see because they broke up or you missed out seeing?
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neuth wrote:
Though I suppose it all depends on the venue and what kind of band you are seeing.

Exactly.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blue Monday wrote:
Neuth wrote:[Though I suppose it all depends on the venue and what kind of band you are seeing.]

Exactly.

agreed.

i can say that i have seen bands just to see them perform, alot of bands at soundwave over the years was this, mindless self indulgence comes to mind. and yes i enjoyed that.
although when you go to see a band like Atreyu (when they were more screamo)/Parkway Drive, its encouraged to mosh/ have circle pits etc. ParkWay once had a circle pit that was quite literally the size of the venue and it was a performance hall so went back probably 50 meters. and there were still at least 2 rows of moshing. me and friends have started moshes... because no one else was. got to the front and started doing so, ppl caught on and joined in.

Quote:
You can't just like go "GET OUT OF MY WAY I'M COMING THROUGH I WANT TO GET CLOSER AND I DON'T CARE WHO I KILL TO GET THERE" but you just think nothing but yourself and don't think of the consequences when you do it so how can you have the right to do it when you have no sympathy for others.
i have lots of sympathy for others, ive helped ppl in moshes when they fall down, or when they want out... ill be more then happy to give my spot up to someone who wants out, or push back on ppl behind me because someone infront of me is being crushed to give them a brief second of air. granted i may push to get to the front... but that doesnt mean i am not considerate of the ppl that want to get out... if they want to stay in the mosh with all the pushing, thats up to them, not me.

yes it would be alot safer if there was no moshing, but that is part of the risk of going into a mosh. they (the crowd) know the risk, and like i said should be able to tell them selves hey i dont want to be in cose ill get hurt.

out of curiosity have you seen a wall of death? if not look it up... im pretty sure there are alot of ppl that dont want to be in that (myself included) and so they move away from the center or stand still. and let ppl run around them. then theres the ppl that want to be in it and be apart of it... why? because its apart of the experience.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

out of curiosity have you seen a wall of death? if not look it up... im pretty sure there are alot of ppl that dont want to be in that (myself included) and so they move away from the center or stand still. and let ppl run around them. then theres the ppl that want to be in it and be apart of it... why? because its apart of the experience.

Wall of death is awesome but the 4 corners of death i was in at a Goatwhore concert, now thats insane. Dislocated my thumb but i really enjoyed it. As zeonezeonly said its part of the experience but i understand some people dont like that stuff, still i have never been to a show where people didnt have somewhere to stand if they didnt want to be in the pit. I can honestly say i feel safer in a mosh pit at a metal show then in most nightclubs around my place.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
the 4 corners of death
what is this? i have not seen or heard of this before? please explain?

Quote:
still i have never been to a show where people didnt have somewhere to stand if they didnt want to be in the pit.
agreed.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
Quote:
the 4 corners of death
what is this? i have not seen or heard of this before? please explain?

Well its similar to the wall of death except your split the pit into four seperate corners of the floor. Then like the wall of death, when you get the siginal to go you all run at each other but this time you are hit from three sides instead of just front on. Crazy but was awesome to be in.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Well its similar to the wall of death except your split the pit into four seperate corners of the floor. Then like the wall of death, when you get the siginal to go you all run at each other but this time you are hit from three sides instead of just front on. Crazy but was awesome to be in.
so it was what i suspected lol. either way this seems alot more fun then a wall of death an slightly less painful.

reminiscing on a dragonforce concert one went to, they split the mosh as if to do a wall of death... had the crowd excited to do it... with everyone facing each other getting ready to run (there was only about 2 meters between the them though) and then started a shouting contest between the two sides, was quite a site too see next to everyone surprised to see a wall of death at a dragonforce concert, then disappointed in not getting it then excited again because of the contest... was highly amuseing from my perspective.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds kinda like what happened at the Turisas show i went to. They split the crowd in two teams like a wall of death. But then each team was given a member of the band as a leader of the group and the groups had to out sing each other, singing a cover of Rasputin. I knew this was going to happen as i had seen it on the dvd but few people where disappointed it wasnt a wall of death. Still it was more fun out singing the other group Laughing
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Sounds kinda like what happened at the Turisas show i went to. They split the crowd in two teams like a wall of death. But then each team was given a member of the band as a leader of the group and the groups had to out sing each other, singing a cover of Rasputin. I knew this was going to happen as i had seen it on the dvd but few people where disappointed it wasnt a wall of death. Still it was more fun out singing the other grou
haha that sounds quite amuseing, and probably was more fun then a wall of death Razz,

although i still dont think a dragonforce solo can be beat Razz even more so when it starts with a keyboardist having the "its'a'me Mario!" voice come over. was halarious.
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paul Dianno (aka original Iron Maiden frontman) is touring REAL SOON for the 30th anniversary of the Iron Maiden album. Playing the entire tracklist and Killers tracks. Tickets at Moshtix (Brisbane show shown, just search it) starts on the 18th n NSW!
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Off to see Alestorm tonight. Should be totally epic show Very Happy
The Core
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Martzy wrote:
Off to see Alestorm tonight. Should be totally epic show Very Happy

Yeap, indeed it should be. I'm seeing them tomorrow. Let us know how it is Very Happy
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Alestorm show last night was so awesome. The show was just so much fun. The whole band are just layed back and have heaps of fun on stage, which really got the crowd going. Also the direct support band Claim The Throne are awesome as well and i really enjoyed there set.

Alround great night, but then it was always going to be with pirate metal Arrr! Laughing
The Core
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I most definitely agree with that. The only thing that annoyed me was the band that opened before Claim the Throne up here. Not too flash, but it was more than made up for.
They even played the Huntmaster. Very Happy
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm jealous Razz

Also, I'm dissapointed because the Blondie & Pretenders show costs an arm and a leg (well not that much, but $180ish for gold reserve), which means I probably won't go Crying or Very sad
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you seen the ticket prices for The Eagles...MAN there through the ROOF.

My parents are Eagles fans and ask if I wanted to go...But I said "Naa" but the rest of my family are going except for me since I didn't really care much for there music even though they are good performers.

But after looking at the Gold ticket prices I almost jumped through the roof as they are twice more expensive than a Gold Ticket for Muse even if they are both at Acer Arena. Surprised

So you think Blondie & Pretenders are expensive look at the Eagles ticket prices as they are an arm, leg and even a kidney or lung. Laughing
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm going to miss another great band, likely never to tour here again, because of damn ticket prices, why can't everyone be like AC/DC?
The Core
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bowie wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to miss another great band, likely never to tour here again, because of damn ticket prices, why can't everyone be like AC/DC?

In total agreement.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went and saw Misery Signals at The Hifi last night. They were so good.
I went to both their shows last year when they played at The Arthouse...
Considering The Arthouse only holds about 350 people it was a little be different watching them in a sold out room that holds 1100 people.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whenever I'm in Melbourne to see a gig it is usually at The Arthouse - I really like it. I definitely prefer smaller and more intimate venues compared to larger ones.

It's a perspective thing though.
Andy_ubio
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the arty is a rad place. I have spent so much time there. Lol.
It's just such a good place to hang out. I really hope it doesn't shut down next year.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well its three weeks till i leave for Wacken Open Air Festival so i decided to make my own short list of bands i would like to see. Ones in bold are bands i cant miss. This should be an awesome festival

Alice Cooper
Arch Enemy
Brutus
Cannibal Corpse
Crysys
Debauchery
Delain
Demolished
Dew-Scented
Edguy
Ektomorf
Endstille
Equilibrium
Eternal Legacy
Evile
Grave Digger
Hackneyed
Immortal
Imperium Dekadenz
Iron Maiden
Kamelot
Kampfar
Katana
Metsatöll
Mötley Crüe
Nightmare
Orden Ogan
Overkill
Prayers of Sanity
Raven
Slayer
Stratovarius
Suicidal Angels
Svartsot
Tarja Turunen
Torfrock
Týr
U.D.O.
Unleashed
Varg
W.A.S.P.
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just saw The Amity Affliction - They played really well, even though I don't like their music. Besides I didn't have to pay to get in.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a bit of hectic and frustrating moment when getting tickets to U2 360 degrees tour...as I had to buy tickets for my Brother and his GF and I also myself.

I could easily attack any Ticketek personel for making such a fuss of there website for putting me in queue for 20minutes and crashing in and out of there website on the day of openning ticket sales at 9:00am in the morning last friday just for U2 concert.

I don't want to vent my anger here, but I could easily make a formal complain to the I.T department in Ticketek as they need a kick in the pants for making such a troubled website for thousands of ticket buyers as we all have troubles getting tickets online.

For one there webserver can't handle the amount of people logging in to the website...plus they have more than one venue on sale at the same time which increases the traffic on the website.

More traffic the harder to get good tickets....so who why have two venues both on sale at the same time.
It's like half of Sydney and half of Brisbane are logged in at the same time on one website and causing hell of a lot of traffic for ticket buyers.
I just think Ticketek workers are just stupid enough to have such a bad webserver and organizing multiple venues tickets at the same time.

It seems the more popular the band the more chaos follows when trying to get tickets online.

::When getting U2 tickets::
Ticketek login timeout is outrageous as I once got good seats but lost them due to unexplained timeout when trying to enter credit card number and details wasn't quick enough.
My transaction was almost complete and it crashed out and so I couldn't get back in until 15 minutes later.
Once back in I managed to get seats but in different position from before but at least I got them.

Apparantly the "RED ZONE" which is close to the 360 degree circle stage had sold out in minutes which cause so much traffic jam on ticketek website.
One the "Red zone" was gone it was easy to get into the website so people had been racing to get $350 red zone tickets...people are spending way too much money just to get that close to the stage.
By Brother may be a big U2 fan but he's not that stupid enough to spend that amount of money to get that close to the stage.

This will be our "fourth" U2 concert as I have seen all there concerts since there 92 tour.
But I'm glad this is all and done with and at least I managed to get tickets for my Brother and his GF and also myself.

::Metallica::
Good new is that my Metallica tickets came in today as ticketek have been holding off sending there tickets to they buyers for two months.
The reason why is unknown maybe Metallica don't want there tickets to be forgery's...who knows as this can bound to happen to any band where band tickets have been forged and are false.

I'm a bit dissappointed that I won't be seeing Fear factory as the support band as they only touring during september shows and I'm going during the november shows.

I have been going to a lot of concerts lately this year.
30 seconds to Mars was a bit too crazy of a concert for me and the mosh pit was HUGE and got too crazy and it seems I received the FLU because of the body heat all around in the concert...but it was an okay show.

Metallica in November
Muse and U2 concert in December so 2010 is a big gig year for me.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to first pub gig in about three months on Friday Night. Seeing Empires Fall, Winterstorm & H.M.A.S Vendetta at the Barwon Club in Geelong. Cant wait especially for Winterstorm as i know a few guys in the band plus they play awesome Epic Power Metal.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New gig, new post

This friday at the East Brunswick Club, Melbourne at 8.00pm

LORD are returning to Melbourne for THE TYRANTS RETURN TOUR 2010

With supporting acts:
The Eternal
Damnations Day
Aronora
Winterstorm

This is going to be an epic show and i cant wait to see LORD again
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just scored exclusive Front row pass Linkin Park tickets for Decemeber and they were reserved before the pre-sale went on sale, so all I had to do was register as member and get the confirmation email with the special code and pickup my exclusive front row reserved tickets that were already reserved for me...excellent and it beats pre-sale waiting times aswell. Very Happy

What's is with December lately as I'm seeing 3 shows in December almost back-to-back seriously...Not that I'm complaining but it seems a lot of bands want to get there shows off before Christmas.

::The bands I'm seeing in December back-to back::
Muse concert December 9th
Linkin Park December 11th
U2 December 13th

and my brother is seeing the "The Eagles" just before Muse on that Monday 6th so that's like 4 shows in a week for him and 3 shows in week for me...busy busy busy week. Laughing

And me and my brother are sad that we're not seeing Fear Factory as the support band in the Metallica concert in November.
Most of Metallica concerts are in November but they released lately an early september concert tour with Fear Factory as one of their support bands.
But unfortunately Fear Factory is only coming to the September shows and NOT the main November shows here in Sydney.

So I'm Seeing Metallica in November and then the big back to back shows in December.
I'll be like Wayne and Garth in Waynes World "WHERE NOT WORTHY, WHERE NOT WORTHY"
Party on Wayne, Party on Garth.
or better still Otto from The Simpsons yelling "Metallica RUUUUUUULLLLLLEEESS" Laughing
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw Fame last night (seeing as it's the 28th now :S) got home about 2 hours ago. Was VERY good, I also got about 6-7 signatures in my program because I went to the stage door.

I picked up the DVD of the original movie while I was there, but so far it doesn't seem to be like the musical which is a shame, it was really good.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw MUSE thursday night and now Linkin Park TONIGHT and U2 Monday night...Man I'm on a roll. Razz

Muse what sooo cool and practically I knew 90% of the songs played but the only 10% was a few old ones or even new ones and I haven't really heard off.

The drummer in Muse is such a good drummer as he can belt out damn good rhythm.

The only song not played was Neutron Star collision from the twilight eclipse movies but that was ok as it's a soundtrack song but still was there were heaps of other good stuff played from there albums.

Seeing Muse in concert was my first time but this will be my second time for Linkin Park though and I know how good they perform.

For U2 this will be my 4th show I've seen them live.
U2 360 degrees tour is gonna be good with such light shows.
Muse also had laser lights and the band member standing on pillars that elevates up and down and the drummer rotates in circles while playing.

A lot of concerts are really going for spectacular lighting work and laser lights and glow in the dark guitars and stuff.
I makes you really get you in the mood and enjoy the show.
Bowie
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw MUSE a few days ago, they certainly lived up to expectations. The raising stage was very cool, and so were the lasers, reflective amps/guitars, light-up glasses etc. Oh, and the massive eye-balls! Even Matt's suit was shiny. Bloody good arena show, it's amazing that a small man/small band can sound that epic.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually I though MUSE put on a better show than Linkin Park in terms of opinion.
So MUSE really was the highlight concert out of three concerts this month and Metallica was also a hit last month and a good show with also lasers and giant metallic coffins.
The whole sage pillar rasing and lowering and the drummer rotating and spinning and facing all different angles.

MUSE support band 'Biffy Clyro' was okay and amazed that I actually have heard of them.

Linkin Park was...OK but nothing fancy like lasers and light shows and moving pillar platforms but just a big screen behind them.

U2 360 degree tour was good also but trying to see when people are standing and blocking ya view...but also so far away that you don't need to stand and yet people still stand and block ya view.

I found U2 a bit short of a concert as they didn't play all there song hits as they could of easily gone for another 20 minutes and played a few more songs even though they aren't top #1 hits they still could of played more old songs.
SO I guess Jay-Z thing was a bit too much but Jay-Z is okay but I don't really like him as I don't think he can really sing but just talk loudly in a mic and pretend to sing.

Alot of Jay-Z songs are ripoff songs from other artist like Linkin Park's 'Numb' but nicely done in fact but still likes to knock on other peoples work.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Rafira
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reel Big Fish VS THe Aquabats was amazing!!!

And Amanda Palmer's doing a tour!!! YEAHH!!!!! At this rate I'm going to see all of my favorite bands/musicians live Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Took the kids to see Scooby Doo today at the local shopping centre, not overly impressed. Dora was heaps better when I took them to see that and in a couple of weeks there is a My Little Pony show to which I will be taking them.
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some really good international metal bands touring Melbourne in the next few months. I picked up tickets to three different shows today.

Saxon on 28/02 at the Espy
Alestorm on 14/05 at the Corner
Morbid Angel on 27/05 at the HiFi Bar

Also forgot tickets i have for Fintroll & Motorhead which are on 25 & 26 of March, so that should be an epic weekend

Last edited by Martzy on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sleepless Beauty
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol, and on the complete flip side I've got tickets to see Michael Buble and Elvis Costello. Laughing
All the ghosts that broke my heart!
Blue Monday
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So a mate and I are probably going to head down to Melbourne at the end of April for one of the final shows at The Arthouse. Mindsnare, Samsara, Against, Iron Mind and Phantoms are playing. It’s going to be a sick show, so hopefully I can get the cash together beforehand (Andy, you going to this?).

Might also catch the AYS, War Brain and The Hollow tour that’s in town the night before that too. I’ve heard Carpathian might be playing that show, which would rule!

Page 4 of 6

Jump to: