Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Live Performance Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Live Performance Discussion Thread
Author
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Attended the FictionJunction Club member-only event last night at Zepp Tokyo. Not only did I have to show my ticket and FictionJunction Club membership card, but also I had to show my passport to someone else checking entry.

Just under 2 and a half hours long, great to hear Silly-go-round, I reach for the sun, Stone Cold, Nowhere and other songs live for the first time.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm aiming to be at Newtown Station around 6:30pm and then go to get something to eat. Going to be wearing my Nightwish 2007 Australian tour t-shirt and blue jeans. Most likely to be carrying a green backpack for drinks and for what ever I buy.

Really looking forward to tonights concert with Sabaton and Nighwish.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really glad that I attended the play "Kagarou Pain" starring Chiaki Ishikawa at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater near Ikebukuro station.

She sang seven of her songs during the play, including one song from her "Inner Garden" album that I initially thought was a new song.

Last edited by u523 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The concert was awesome. Sabaton was on before Nightwish and they played for an hr. One of the songs was Cliff's of Gallipoli. Nightwish took some time to get on stage, but once they did a massive roar went off.

Had to stop a girl from getting trampled when Nightwish came on stage. Almost got trampled myself, but pushed back and saved the girl at the same time. Floor Jansen was vocally very good. Reminded me of Tarja.

Bought the concert tour shirts and am currently on the way home.

Wish I could go to the Melbourne concert.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Jester - good to hear. I'll be at the Melbourne one.Really can't wait.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make sure you get the t-shirts first. They're $45 each and the XL ones are sold the quickest. Had to settle for a L Sabaton tour shirt, though I did get an XL Nigtwish tour shirt to go with the 2008 one.

I'm trying to find some way to get the Sabaton XL shirt.

I'll post some pics later this afternoon. Not certain how good they are.

Some of the songs that Sabaton sang were:

Primo Victoria
Cliffs of Gallipoli
Metal Crue
Panzer Battalion
White Death - in honour of Nightwish
Gott Mitt Uns
Carolus Rex
40:1

There might have been 1 or 2 more.

Nighwish sang a good few songs including:

Nemo
Wish I had an Angel
Slow, Love, Slow
I Want my Tears Back
Taikatalvi
Amaranth
Dark Chest of Wonders
Planet Hell

They sang songs from their other albums, but I need to get my hands on them to check. They did do a couple of instrumental pieces.

kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Jester - Good thing I'm tiny and will probably end up with a small or medium ^_^
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The show was AWESOME but a little too crazy when it came to be at the very front stage...YES I was at the very front to the right of the stage, but I did have people against the rail in front of me but I was directly behind them and right in front of the security guy on the right. (if you saw the black haired security guy on the right of the stage well I was almost directly in front him...well almost but more toward centre stage and almost in front of Emppu the most of the night.

But most of the night all the guitar guys from the bands directly in front of us which was good view if you had a camera...but i didn't take any photos since I rather enjoy the show than fiddle with a camera most of the night.

We did have one "Incident" where "we"("we" - as in the people around me got to the frontline of stage since the start of concert) had was this crazy bearded guy tried to push to the front and everyone just ended punching him and pushing away him until security got on him...but other than that incident I had a good time.
But seriously this guy was OFF HIS HEAD and disturbing everyone around him.
And this happend right in the middle of Nightwish and it did bother the people around me having to fight this guy off but it didn't bother me much but he certainly got smacked in the head.

::The bands::
The other bands Darker half and Sabaton were excellent.
But Sabaton just rocked-the-whole-house of enmore theatre and it was just wild. Laughing
You could see there was quite a few Sabaton fans in the crowd.
If I remember Sabaton lead singer did say this is their first time here in Australia.
But I have to look up there albums since JB Hifi doesn't have ANY Sabaton albums at all when checked.
Sabaon all dress in matching military camouflage outfits which was quite cool looking.

Both Nightwish and Sabaton are both Scandinavian bands except there both from different countries next to each other.
Nightwish from Finland while Sabaton are from Sweden.

From what I've read about Sabaton the band almost broke up last year and only the lead singer and bass guitar are the only original band members, while all the rest are replacements...but the drummer took a break because he came a father but I don't know if he was still at the Sydney show.

::Songs::
For other Nightwish song I can help you there from what I remember and know from the Greatest hit album and Dark passion play:
But I have looked up a playlist for that night which someone posted on some websites and youtub and most of it is correct from what I remember but there could be more but it's hard to confirm all of them unless you picked up the playlist at the concert.

(confirm) = ones I know that I can confirm was played that night.
(new) = Imaginaerum album

1.Storytime (new) (confirm starter song)
2.Dark Chest of Wonders
3.Wish I Had an Angel (confirm)
4.Amaranth (confirm)
5.Scaretale (new)
6.Slow, Love, Slow (new)
7.I Want My Tears Back (new) (with Troy Donockley)
8.Nemo(with Troy Donockley) (confirm)
9.Last of the Wilds (with Troy Donockley) (instrumental)(confirm)
10.Planet Hell
11.Ever Dream (confirm)
12.Over the Hills and Far Away (with Troy Donockley)(confirm)
13.Ghost Love Score
14.Song of Myself (new)
15.Last Ride of the Day (new) (confirm)
16.Imaginaerum (new)

The onces I didn't confirm I don't really know them personally but they were still good songs and there all roughly from the last four albums but they didn't really play any from the first two albums which there are 7 albums all together plus the greatest hits and singles.

Though I wished they played Wishmaster, Stargazers, Sahara, 7 Days to The Wolves, Dead boy's poem and maybe the VERY LONG 'The Poet and the Pendulum'.
But we got to hear The Poet and the Pendulum in 2008 concert which was good enough.
But they did play the very long 'Song of Myself' which is also a 13 minute song just like The Poet and the Pendulum.

@Jester You mentioned 'Taikatalvi' which I've heard is not in english but there own finland native language but I can't remember hearing it at the concert...can you confirm it.

There's a already HEAPS of few youtube videos of the night which is amazing how quite it gets out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLc3UKtwfZ8
Nemo in this clip is but if you look where Emppu(guitar) and Marco(lead male singer and guitar) are both playing together and I'm basically standing directly in front of them.
So basically if you look at Floor Jansen then I'm a little bit right from her if your looking directly at her.(basically her left side) and almost right at the front.
But the Last of the Wilds is a better clip since the song is only musical and the crowds aren't jumping and clip is more stable.

Sabaton lead singer Joakim Brodén

More pics I found on enmore theatre facebook page from the photographers at the front stage of the show.
As you can see the camouflage military like gear.

Nightwish photo

Floor Jansen and her saucy outfit and she had to be kept cooled down by a fan since it was pretty hot in the theatre. Razz (photos from sludgefactory.com.au)

Nice close up of Floor

Emppu and Marco(right) and Jukka(drums)

Look at the red shirt security guy in at the very end and I'm next to guy who has his arm up taking a photo. Razz

More Sabaton shots

Note last Nightwish concert was 2008 at Enmore theatre and you can still find videos and photos of that night which is amazing that somepeople still post this stuff.
such as moshcam.com which still has Nightwish videos of 2008.
If your lucky you might see yourself or even myself in that video since I was there aswell in 2008.

Can you see yourselves in this shot...smile everybody. Razz

I bought myself the Imaginaerum tour t-shirt which is a large so lucky they had my size left after the show.
kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm back from the Nightwish concert at the Palace in Melbourne last night.

Sabaton were awesome. Never heard of them before but they were so electric on stage. Everyone was cheering and wanting them to stay on, lol.

Though the poor drummer had quite a few technical difficulties. But the lead singer made jokes about it and had everyone laughing. Even conned us all into singing YMCA >_<

Nightwish was awesome. I was a bit hesitant about Floor - I'll admit, I loved Annette. But Floor has her own style, I liked it. And she wore an amazing costume - not what she had on at Enmore. I need to get pics off my camera first and see if I got any decent shots.

The only thing I didn't like though is that they played minimal songs from Imaginarium. The rest were from all the other albums. And we got to sing Happy Birthday to Marco. He ended up being 20 something - again, lol.

I picked up a shirt for myself. Though the hoodies were looking pretty good too.

EDIT: This is sadly one of the few decent shots I got of Floors' outfit.

Best side shot.

Last edited by kbz333 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually wasn't too worried about playing too much Imaginaerum album songs since I didn't know any of the songs yet...since I haven't bought album just yet.

I actually like the old songs from the previous albums but the only problem is they only played from the past previous 4 albums and not each of all the 7 albums they have.

So you miss out on songs like Wishmaster, and The Kinslayer and Stargazers or even Dead boy's poem which are songs back in Tarja days.

The albums they did play each from are Imaginaerum, Dark Passion Play, Once and Century Child.
But they didn't touch Wishmaster, Oceanborn and Angels fall first albums at all.

We didn't have any techical difficulties at all with any of the bands in Sydney enmore theater which was good.

Floor Janese did a great job though.

Sabaton and Nightwish both rocked the enmore theatre
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

@Jester You mentioned 'Taikatalvi' which I've heard is not in english but there own finland native language but I can't remember hearing it at the concert...can you confirm it.

I'm pretty certain of it. I played the song before this reply and I remember the blonde haired guy singing it with the red light on him. I remember it due to the circus feeling I get whenever I listen to it.

I was really there for Sabaton. I picked up all of their albums in the space of a few months.

I was on the entrance side of the mosh pit area. About a dozen rows back with 2 smaller uni girls. I think 1 was there for her friends sake as she wasn't that enthusiastic.

I've been sick for the last 4-5 days so I haven't had a chance to put anything up. I tried when I did my last post, but the images didn't come thru.

As for Sabaton. I find it's best to go to Utopia for the albums. Try to get the digipack release of Coat of Arms as that is cool, but their other albums are really awesome to listen to. They've rereleased the albums as the Re-armed versions that have extra songs on them.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
[..]

I'm pretty certain of it. I played the song before this reply and I remember the blonde haired guy singing it with the red light on him. I remember it due to the circus feeling I get whenever I listen to it.

You mean lead male singer Marco and bass guitarist from Nightwish.

I just bought the Imaginaerum album and I can say is this: - If your right they might of played Taikatalvi at the very start ontop of Storytime with no break...meaning it sounded like one long song instead of a break in between songs.
Taikatalvi is a very short song while Storytime is like a 5 minute song so it's possible they played both ontop of each other.

Also lately I've been listenning to old classic Nightwish songs and I can confirm the old songs like Over the Hills and Far away, Nemo, Ever Dream, Planet Hell and Dark Chest of Wonders and so on but the new ones I have to listen to over and over again to confirm since they're still pretty new to me.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought my ticket for the Blind Guardian concert in Sydney for the 20th June. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Blind Guardian - Sydney concert

Blind Guardian - Melbourne concert

Nightwish is also back in Sydney next year. I've been told that it'll be on the 9th of January at the Enmore. I'll definitely be getting my ticket for that concert over the next few months.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have tickets to Animelo Summer Live 2015 - looking at what other shows are around that date.

http://anisama.tv
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Blind Guardian concert ticket arrived today and I'm very, very happy. A little over 2 weeks to go. Smile Smile

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't attend Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#12 even though I had concert tickets, but I did successfully get the tickets to a Japanese acquaintance who I had met at a previous Kalafina show.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went to the Blind Guardian concert last saturday and it was absolutely awesome except for some idiots including a really fat guy using people as ten pins.

The first band wasn't bad. A bit screamy for my taste, but otherwise ok. The 2nd band was musically powerfull. I could my whole body getting pounded by the music, but the female vocalist needs a new day job. She wasn't bad in the looks department, but vocally, she was meh. Also for the first 30 seconds, no one could hear her as she sang as her microphone was either turned off or turned on mute. That was a lol moment.

Blind Guardian came on and they did songs from early albums as well as their current album Beyond the Red Mirror. I liked hearing Fly from the Twist in the Myth and Tanelon from Somewhere Far Beyond albums. There was even a song from Battalions of Fear if I remembered correctly. Overall it was a fun time, but with the lack of busses and it getting towards midnight, I had to walk, jog and run to Central Station to catch the 2nd last train home.

I bought a shirt and a hoody for $135, but I'm happy that I could get ones that fit me as they quickly sold out. They did mention that they'll be back again. Hopefully it won't be too long.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nightwish is back AGAIN...boy its hard to believe it was exactly 3 years ago since they were last here in Australia...I can even see my previous forum post about it from 3 years ago HAHA.

3 years ago and around the same time around January.
Well last time I went we were having a bit of a heat wave in Sydney so I hope its not as hot this time around.
Well looking at the weather forecast it looks like we might have another hot day for the concert.

Floor Jansen is officially a member of Nightwish now and so is Troy Donockley but Troy only comes on stage in certain songs due to stuff like pipes and whistles during the songs.

I think there's a new band member Kai Hahto which is another drummer for the latest album.
But still the official website still mentions Jukka as drummer also included in the band, so theirs two drummers in the band now...maybe different types of tech drums or something...well I won't know for sure until the concert.

::Support band::

The Tassie band Taberah will be the support band this time around, but I really don't know much about them so it will be interesting to see them.
I've seen a bit of youtube on them and they seem ok.
Though Sabaton was a very cool support band last time and did enjoy them.

So I hope everything goes well and all and no dramas.
But Enmore is a bit of a pain getting to but luckly I purchased theatre packing tickets as Enmore is just too crazy to find parking on your own and especially on a Saturday night.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sabaton is in Sydney on the 25th of this month along with Amon Amath. I have my ticket for it. Anyone else going?

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having to retype:

Chiaki Ishikawa on her 49th birthday was as warm, good humoured and hauntingly beautiful in appearance and voice as ever.

Heard Anna ni Issho Data no ni, Prototype, Aqua Terrarium among other songs.

Also attended 3 lives by anison cover singers and a special live by Kaori Hikita where she sang the Tales of Symphonia ED Negai.

Still to see: LieN, Chiaki Ishikawa again and May'n.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went to the Sabaton/Amon Amarth concert and it was awesome except for this old couple in front of me who kept on jumping in front of me including jumping on my foot. I wanted to push them over the railing by the time Sabataon hopped off stage.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Still to see: LieN, Chiaki Ishikawa again and May'n.

LieN and Chiaki Ishikawa concert number 2 for this trip were both at the Mitsui Nihonbashi Hall. How I wish that they could have done a .hack collaboration.

LieN had the vocalist, pianist/composer, violin and cello. I don't know their material so well but we had a good selection of their .hack music, plus appearances from .hack//GU Last Record voice actors/actresses.

Chiaki Ishikawa had keyboard player, guitarist, bass-player and multi-talented person who played percussion, trombone, flute, harmonica. Best track was probably "Little Bird" from Bokurano with just acoustic backing.

May'n had guitar/bass/drum/keyboard players on stage and at one stage played guitar herself. Macross Frontier songs Lion, Diamond Crevasse, Obelisk and Don't Be Late were favourites as always but a good long and varied concert.

Page 6 of 6

Jump to: