Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

How many episodes in the R1 FMA : BH DVD/Blu-Ray set?

How many episodes in the R1 FMA : BH DVD/Blu-Ray set?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: How many episodes in the R1 FMA : BH DVD/Blu-Ray set? Reply with quote
Just wondering. Can't find any information anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood-Part-Blu-ray/dp/B0035LD7WO/ref=cm_cd_pdp?_encoding=UTF8&cdPage=1&noLL=1&newContentID=Tx19IWRIV0F3C8Q#CustomerDiscussions
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
325 minutes is 13 episodes (measured at 25 minutes per episode).

Keep in mind Funimation locks their Blu-rays, if you're looking at them.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As will Madman's.

PS our Blu-Ray will be exactly the same as theirs Smile
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you saying MM's Blu-rays will be region locked, or 13 episodes (or both)?

Either way, I'm happy Madman's doing a BD release for FMA2. (If it was announced before, I missed it.) Very Happy
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Are you saying MM's Blu-rays will be region locked, or 13 episodes (or both)?

Either way, I'm happy Madman's doing a BD release for FMA2. (If it was announced before, I missed it.) Very Happy

I've not seen it announced anywhere so I thought this was the first actual announcement of sorts of a BD release - very pleased to hear this news. Very Happy

I'm curious as to the questions Tragic Man has asked as well - about the locking?
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Absolutely any Blu-Ray disc I have bought from the USA has been able to be played to my Sony Blu-Ray disc player. For example - my Ghost in the Shell 2.0 USA Blu-Ray plays perfectly.
I'm unsure whether this is the player or the discs themselves, but I do know that a lot of the movies are Region Free -
http://regionfreemovies.com/region/free

Not to take any business away from Madman, I just buy Blu-Ray movies from the USA as the prices in Australia are ridiculously expensive.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Region free BD players are a scarce breed. None of the major electronics companies have released any, as far as I know. It sounds like a Region A player that you have.
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it CAN play Aussie Blu-Ray discs as well, so that theory doesn't hold water...
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have any region locked BDs? If so, what region(s)?

Also, what exact model of player do you have? (I'm interested)
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a Sony BDP-S350.
As for the discs themselves, I am unsure.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the discs don't display a region, it probably means theyre region free.
Dragon90101
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm, Can you fit 13 eps worth of 1080p (or i even) video onto a single bluray?

Add to the fact it says NTSC, Widescreen makes me think this isn't going to be in HD (NTSC is NOT HD) and just is using the size of a bluray disc to allow more eps to fit on.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you read the linked page, it's two discs. That would amply contain thirteen episodes. As it was made in HD, I wouldn't expect SD episodes on Blu-ray.

"Format" is a holdover from the page format for DVD. It can safely be ignored for Blu-rays.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i guess ive gotta buy a blue-ray player ive been putting it of for a while but i defnately want to watch this series on br
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Funnily enough, I received 'Donnie Darko' on Blu-Ray today (Region A) and my player couldn't play it (ie. the disc was Region locked).
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hawkangel wrote:
Funnily enough, I received 'Donnie Darko' on Blu-Ray today (Region A) and my player couldn't play it (ie. the disc was Region locked).
I asked at JB about your model BD player when you sent me the details a cple of weeks ago and they told me that it was dvd region free but not BD region free, so are the other BD titles you have imported been unlocked ones?
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hawkangel wrote:

So you won't be able to play the Fullmetal Alchemist Blu-rays from the US.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmmm, im more interested to know if there would be a art box for the BR's/DVDs, seems like a bit of a shame to release the series with out one.

also a release for Blu-Ray FMA, thats what i want.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see an artbox being available for a series of collections. Still, Madman may decide to do something special for the series, and surprise us. Considering it will be 5 collections (if the 63 episodes count is true), it's not too large for an artbox.
Blazemanau
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i would say that the 63 ep count is correct as the series and manga are basicaly finishing around the same time i got a question since MM have the dub any chance it will air on FTA tv or paid tv like in the US in belive its justc started over there on US Adultswim
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd be willing to buy an artbox for a Blu-Ray release.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hawkangel wrote:
I'd be willing to buy an artbox for a Blu-Ray release.
Something like a collector's tin to house the collections would be awesome. Considering the success that the first FMA series had with it being sold in the three tins, I would hope that they would consider something for both the dvd and BD release of Brotherhood here.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yer I really hope there is a box or tin for the fma:bb and fma blu-rays even more so that il holding out on buying the collections of fma so I can get the blu-rays.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Considering the different sizes of DVD and BD cases, I don't see a tin happening. Hmm. How about and Extra Special Ulitmate Extravagent Edition (Blu-ray only, of course) that has a tin, complete soundtrack collection (or just whichever CDs been released to that point), plushie Al and, ooh, a deck of FMA themed playing cards. Oh, and a copy of the latest volume of the manga. An art book? Any other ideas?

Alternatively, would people support steelbook packaging?
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a tin so more or less it won't be a tight fit, I think they could still do a tin of some sort. Or at least a box one just for the blu-ray would be good too seeing as it would encourage ppl to buy the more expensive item to get a box. I'd like any kind of bonus would be good but just the box I'd be happy with. I just really want a box and one for the blu-Ray fma series.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Considering the different sizes of DVD and BD cases, I don't see a tin happening. Hmm. How about and Extra Special Ulitmate Extravagent Edition (Blu-ray only, of course) that has a tin, complete soundtrack collection (or just whichever CDs been released to that point), plushie Al and, ooh, a deck of FMA themed playing cards. Oh, and a copy of the latest volume of the manga. An art book? Any other ideas?

A limited edition collector's tin with a holographic stamp for authenticity purposes (shaped in an alchemic circle of course) and embedded into the front of the tin have a high quality synthetic ruby to resemble a Philosopher's Stone. Tins to be numbered so if 1000 are made then you may get a tin marked as Tin 452 of 1000 and include an OST for sure.
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
A limited edition collector's tin with a holographic stamp for authenticity purposes (shaped in an alchemic circle of course) and embedded into the front of the tin have a high quality synthetic ruby to resemble a Philosopher's Stone. Tins to be numbered so if 1000 are made then you may get a tin marked as Tin 452 of 1000 and include an OST for sure.
+1
Quote:
Tins to be numbered so if 1000
-1 i dont like those, knowing i dont get number 1 is always annoying, even though the majority of the population wouldnt its still annoying knowing there is an actual numbered 1 out there is just plain torture.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:

Quote:
Tins to be numbered so if 1000
-1 i dont like those, knowing i dont get number 1 is always annoying, even though the majority of the population wouldnt its still annoying knowing there is an actual numbered 1 out there is just plain torture.
They could have a bidding process for the Tin number 1 or a big competition for it. I'd like to have the 1st one too but having a numbered limited edition would be good imo. Personally I think that now that there are series being released as V1 plus a limited edition collector's art box that the total number of boxes included in the run should be printed on the box somewhere; for example - "Limited Edition Collector's Art Box (1000)".
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
They could have a bidding process for the Tin number 1 or a big competition for it.
$10 says you would make sure you won that or bored =P i think a total number would be good, knowing how much were released, hence knowing how lucky you were, but not which one you happen to get.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeonezeonly wrote:
Quote:
They could have a bidding process for the Tin number 1 or a big competition for it.
$10 says you would make sure you won that or bored =P i think a total number would be good, knowing how much were released, hence knowing how lucky you were, but not which one you happen to get.

I doubt it, I'm not very lucky when it comes to the anime comps, I've done alright with the other ones they have held for cinema and sports etc, I recently won the 2046 movie which came in a wicked black collector's tin, and then found out that my wife won it as well so we have two copies here now. I can't find it on the MM catalogue though and the only place I've seen it is when I googled it and it showed pictures for the French release and it looks the same as that.
I asked Sly about the number for boxes when the changes over to the new packaging system and he said it was around the 1000 - 1500 mark but that wasn't a definate figure. But even if the total number of the boxes was printed on the bottom included amongst the other information I think it would be worthwhile now that series collected this way are sold as limited editions, not just for the upcoming FMA releases but for all series that get an art box treatment.
Is there anyway of telling how many copies of a limited edition item are released, ie, is there a website or something that would have that kind of info?

So has anyone reading this thread got the Feb newsletter yet? I haven't received it and I was wondering if there was any further information about the FMA dvd and BD release in it?
zeonezeonly
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was mainly leaning towards the bidding thing more so the comp.[/quote]
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:

i dont see why the difrent size would be a problem the could just make a smaller box/tin
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And that would increase costs, having to design two tins instead of one.
Norbie
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Do you have any region locked BDs? If so, what region(s)?

(i know you didn't ask me the question personally, but i'll tell ya anyway.)
I have a number of blurays from The Criterion Collection (The Last Emperor, and 8 1/2 with more on the way) and they are locked, and not region free. However a number of discs that i purchased from the US and UK Amazon have been region-free despited not saying so at the back.

Also, what exact model of player do you have? I'm interested)

It's a Kogan Played BD 2.0. I've tested the Criterion BD and they play on the player. It is released in Australia so you won't have to pay a huge shipping rate.

I do try to purchase Madman products as much as i can; got the whole Gurren set, Hellsing Ultimate when it comes out, and the Alchemist series. I've also collected the Fruits Basked and Alchemist Manga. Some prices may seem great value but you do have to consider the exchange rate (although the rate has been very even recently, up to $1US : 0.95AUS) and then there is postage. But then there are times when the saving is to tempting to let go. (eg. $US33 for the Dragon Box)

Norbie
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just looking at the tins for the first series and thought that if they didn't release an art box or some kind of special housing for Brotherhood then I could possibly house the BD sets in one of these tins.

Are the 2 disc BD sets pretty much the same size as a single BR title in terms of the width of the case? Assuming that 63 episodes is where Brotherhood is going to wind up then that would be 5 BD sets which could probably fit in one of the tins. There are still red ones available too so it won't necessarily mean hunting around for one on Ebay and spending a fortune either.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd say they're 2 discs in a standard case with a swinging page or a disc on either inside cover.

As for the tins, only tin 1 coud contain 5 Blu-ray sets; tins 2 and 3 are each sized for four DVD cases.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
I'd say they're 2 discs in a standard case with a swinging page or a disc on either inside cover.

As for the tins, only tin 1 coud contain 5 Blu-ray sets; tins 2 and 3 are each sized for four DVD cases.
When I was checking this scenario out earlier I used a spare white tin (tin 2) that I have unsealed and the one BD title that I currently own (seeing as I don't have HD set up yet) and after you take out the dvd and the OST there seems to be room for 5 BD cases. I can't be 100% sure unless I get 4 more BD's but I think there is enough room to accomaodate them.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, just started following this thread (thanks Tragic Man). I had no idea things had progressed this far.
I'll be waiting for the MM-BD release. If any anime series deserves special edition packaging treatment it's this one. I'm not a great fan of the metal case but if one was released I'd get it. In fact for this one I'll go for anything "Special". For my taste the most appealing "Special" package was the book like one for “Conqueror of Shambala”.
I'm sure we all realise that Madman has limited capacity to deviate from the overseas mold in this regard but I repeat, if any anime series deserves special edition packaging treatment it's this one and Madman should make sure to look after the FMA-B die hards (like me) who will be buying each release on day one. If a deluxe collector box becomes available, we shouldn't have to rebuy the set just to get it!
Goku's_Inner_Sayian
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really wish these new DVDs/Bluerays came in tins. I want them to match my other three.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A question for the wonderful people at Madman.

Will the Blu-rays be multi-angle, having both Japanese and English credits available? I miss that feature from the first series.
UncaBou
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Will the Blu-rays be multi-angle, having both Japanese and English credits available? I miss that feature from the first series.

I agree this would be desirable.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foil slick, yay! Fully metal!

(Confirmed Anime Snack Time episode 50.)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: