Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

FMA Brotherhood Dub Impressions

FMA Brotherhood Dub Impressions
Author
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: FMA Brotherhood Dub Impressions Reply with quote
Having watched the first 3 episodes dubbed now on adult swim, I noticed that most of the voices from the original series are back, except Alphonse was replaced but honestly he sounds the same as he did in the original to me.

Basically you could switch between an episode of the original series and the new one casually and probably not be able to tell the difference... its just that similar. Because I liked the original FMA dub so much this one also gets a big A+ in my book.

But if you didn't like the original dub you probably won't like this one because it sounds exactly the same as the original.

R1 DVDs and Bluray discs ship May 25th in 13 episode installments

Reprising their roles from the first series:

Edward Elric - Vic Mignogna

Winry Rockbell - Caitlin Glass

Roy Mustang - Travis Willingham

Lust - Laura Bailey

Envy - Wendy Powell

Gluttony - Chris Cason

Maes Hughes - Sonny Strait

Fuhrer King Bradley - Ed Blaylock

Riza Hawkeye - Colleen Clinkenbeard

Jean Havoc - Mike McFarland

New Cast Members:

Alphonse Elric - Maxey Whitehead (Antonio from Romeo x Juliet, Czeslaw

Meyer from Baccano)

Scar - J Michael Tatum (Eneru from One Piece, Isaac from Baccano)

Isaac McDougal - Bryan Massey (Ladd from Baccano, Nino from Gunslinger

Girl: Il Teatrino)

Last edited by Liete87 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Liete87
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: FMA Brotherhood Dub Impressions Reply with quote
oops didnt mean to double post

-delete this-
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool Very Happy
oh and i hear Alphonse's old voice will be brought back in later, because the voice actors voice broke so they decided to bring him in later in the series
Liete87
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
Cool Very Happy
oh and i hear Alphonse's old voice will be brought back in later, because the voice actors voice broke so they decided to bring him in later in the series
Ah coolness, even better.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
has lings english va been anounced
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
Cool Very Happy

They have said that he will be getting a "significant" role to play so will be curious to see which characters have yet to be announced and who he does end up voicing.

Seeing Oscilator's last post makes me wonder if that could be the role.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i meant he will come back later as Alphonse
satsuyumi
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt he will.
I always thought the old voice actor of Alphonse (whose name I can't recall) was going to play one of the new homunculi, but I'm doubting that now.
It will rise in perfect light
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
i meant he will come back later as Alphonse
Has that been announced somewhere? Can you please provide a link to where you found that out?
From what I was reading it implied that he would be given another role completely seperate to Alphonse but it will be a character who plays a fairly significant role.
There's less than 20 episodes to go now and the Japanese VA for Alphonse hasn't changed so that doesn't sound right to me.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think i read it on Anime News Network, i don't really remember it was a while ago, but i remember it said that it wasn't certain so i may be wrong
animeinfo
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have seen the dubbed version already and also the japanese one too. But I hated when they cut some of the ending song off!
Liete87
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
animeinfo wrote:
Well I have seen the dubbed version already and also the japanese one too. But I hated when they cut some of the ending song off!
That was to make it fit in the adult swim time slot, Japanese time slots are 24 minutes, American ones are 22-23.

It will be full length on the Dvd/BD
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alphonse's new voice is really bothering me at this point. I don't see it so much as my being too attached to Aaron Dismuke's portrayal in the first series (though I certainly enjoyed it), more that I just don't think this voice fits Al at all. Granted, he is pretty young but it just sounds...off. It's a bit hard to describe.

I thought Armstrong sounded a bit different in the first episode as well, more over the top and angry, which I thought was better (especially given the nature of the episode, I suppose). I'm glad Ed sounds about the same as before.

I agree with oscilator though, Dismuke will probably be coming back to voice Ling. If he is, I'm unsure of how well that will work. It's certainly not the voice I would expect Ling to have. I'm trying to think of who else he could voice later in the series...
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
I agree with oscilator though, Dismuke will probably be coming back to voice Ling. If he is, I'm unsure of how well that will work. It's certainly not the voice I would expect Ling to have. I'm trying to think of who else he could voice later in the series...

But the whole point of Dismuke (thanks for posting his name!) not playing Alphonse is that his voice has obviously changed fairly significantly now that he is several years older.

Has anyone heard him in anything that has been released recently? I can't think of anything off the top of my head so I can't say what his voice sounds like. I liked him as Alphonse in the first series but if he doesn't fit that role now then I would hope that he gets a major figure in Brotherhood as most of the originals are back.
Lisa86
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
he dose al in that ova madman brought out. and yeh big diff in the way his voice sounds
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
[..]

But the whole point of Dismuke (thanks for posting his name!) not playing Alphonse is that his voice has obviously changed fairly significantly now that he is several years older.

I understand that, but my point was that his voice at current (or from what I've heard of him post-Alphonse, at least, I'm thinking of his role in Trinity Blood but I'm not quite sure when that was) doesn't quite fit as Ling, in my opinion.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote:
I understand that, but my point was that his voice at current (or from what I've heard of him post-Alphonse, at least, I'm thinking of his role in Trinity Blood but I'm not quite sure when that was) doesn't quite fit as Ling, in my opinion.
That's fair enough, I haven't seen anything that he has done since Al apart from the OVA mentioned earlier, I have Trinity Blood but have it in my "to watch' pile still. Ling is a hard one to pick because he's such a popular character and whoever gets the role is going to be under heaps of pressure to do it well. (If Vic Mignogna wasn't already doing Ed's voice I think he could do a good job with Ling)
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Aaron's role in Trinity Blood was done fairly close to when he was Alphonse ie voice not fully broken yet. I remember watching Trinity Blood and thinking "Hey that sounds like Al". As with most peoples speculations I too agree that he will reprise his role in the series as Ling, but I am on the fence about it. I don't know why yet, but alls I am picturing in my head is Alphonse's voice but deeper, I am hoping his voice has changed significantly so we won't get confused when hearing Ling, I mean no one wants a bit of Al coming out through Ling.
oscilator
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont want him to play ling its just i cant think of any other significant role he could play and as for the new humunculi he wouldnt fit Sloth at all and his voice breaking means he cant play Pride mabey hell play young Hohenhiem
Hellion
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it all sounded good except for the 5.1 was really low and the disk menu was really loud on my bluray, when i was in the menu i had to turn the sound down to 10 and when i played the anime itself i had it turned right up to 48 that dosnt mean much to you but let me explain.. my srround sound usualy stays on about 36 and even with my windows and doors just u can still hear the sound bleeding out if u stand in my neighbours yard Smile after the credits its a mad dash to my remote too turn down the sound b4 the dvd menu pops up and lets everyone in japan know how much i enjoy anime Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: