Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Crows Zero

Crows Zero
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Crows Zero Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone knows of a release for Crows Zero II or and other Miike films?

The DVD release for the sequel was huge when I was in Japan! There were giggly girls queued out nearly every DVD/CD shop in Shinjuku!
Rob
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, I'd like to see Madman get 'Crows: Episode 0' out, as well as Miike's 'Like A Dragon.' Derek Elley's Variety review suggested it was one of the better videogame adaptations.

Quote:
Nipponese maverick Takashi Miike provides an object lesson in how to transfer computer games to the bigscreen in "Like a Dragon." Blithely ignoring the opportunities for a CGI-stuffed extravaganza, helmer simply stir-fries his usual mixture of psychopathic gangsters, black humor and childlike innocence into a fast-paced, character-heavy yarn -- set during a single sweltering night -- that's one of his most purely enjoyable pics in ages. Released theatrically in Japan in March, and due on DV there this fall, "Dragon" deserves to roar through the latenight fest circuit, followed by lively ancillary action among Occidental buffs.

Last edited by Rob on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The "Crows" manga is popular in Japan, and there's a ton of famous prettyboy drama actors in the movie, hence the hordes of giggly girls. Laughing

I enjoyed the first movie, didn't realise there was a sequel.
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have already released Crows Episode 0 - will let you know of any news regarding Crows 2.
ryan.hough
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
We have already released Crows Episode 0 - will let you know of any news regarding Crows 2.

It's been 6 months, are we any closer to a release? Fingers crossed!
Diesel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on whether or not Madman will be getting Crows Zero II? In Japan it came out right after Yatterman, which Madman released last year, and before 13 Assassins, which just came out on DVD, so although 3 years old now, I don’t think that timing is an issue... I mean Yatterman was out for 2 years before Madman got it, and 13 Assassins was out for over a year before it hit Australian shores… BTW all of those films are by Takashi Miike in case you were wondering why I was referencing them

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: