Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Polite request:Checklist of native PAL Eastern Eye releases?

Polite request:Checklist of native PAL Eastern Eye releases?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Polite request:Checklist of native PAL Eastern Eye releases? Reply with quote
It would be really useful to know which Madman titles are native PAl & which are NTSC-PAL standards conversions. If I remember correctly there was a welcome policy change on Madman's part some years back to only releasing native PAl releases but a comprehensive listing would be much appreciated. Not all your titles have been reviewed by the likes of Michael DVD so it's hard to tell. For example, there are some Kurosawa's, Mifune's Samurai Saga & the Japanese horror title Dark Water which I'm interested in. Tartan's UK release of the latter is a standards conversion but what's Madman's? If it is native PAL I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The same applies for the non-EE range. You recently released the not bad Canadian thriller, Silent Partner. Standards conversion or native PAL?

Cheers!

Rob
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Rob, it became a policy from around the release of Twilight Samurai onwards, so anything from May 2005 is 99% native PAL and a mix of titles before that. The thread Eastern Eye - DVD Release Schedule + Specs, also details this information for a time.

The way a film is encoded is not something that we really keep a record of, but feel free to to ask me about specific titles in this thread and I'll try to answer to the best of my memory (which is generally pretty good).

As for the non-EE titles it would be pretty hard to dig this information up unfortunately.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: