Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei

Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
So 2.22 went on sale in Japan just a few days ago, and seeing as though Madman is pretty much set for their 1.11 release, when do you think 2.22 will be hitting Australian shores? There were apparently some leaked reports from MangaUK that Funimation already had the rights to 2.22, but these were quickly silenced.

On a side note, RedAnt Entertainment, the company responsible for the early Australian subbed release of 1.01, is pretty much dead and buried, so not much hope of another early subbed release from them.

This thread can also be used for general 2.22 discussion.
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
Faz wrote:
On a side note, RedAnt Entertainment, the company responsible for the early Australian subbed release of 1.01, is pretty much dead and buried, so not much hope of another early subbed release from them.

RedAnt has been long gone (thread about it general anime somewhere), Madman released 1.01, RedAnt released 1.0.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have rights for 2.0 already It will be screened at REEL ANIME later this year.

A home video release is forthcoming, but we are unsure when it will happen. Btw this is what we also confirmed as far back as AUGUST last year.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
We have rights for 2.0 already It will be screened at REEL ANIME later this year.

:shakes fist:
Dragon90101
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any idea on dates or theaters for REEL anime yet?
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
Madman released 1.01, RedAnt released 1.0.

Actually, RedAnt's release was mislabelled, it is actually 1.01.
There were a number of mistakes fixed and changes made for the 1.01 release, like the elevators misspelt emergency as "EMARGENCY".

Also, thanks Slykura, I did know about the screening rights. I was wondering, are the rights for screening 2.0 and releasing 2.22 the same thing, or do you need to secure separate rights for 2.22 (through Funimation or something)?
Travku
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
Faz wrote:
Actually, RedAnt's release was mislabelled, it is actually 1.01.
Source please? (I'm aware of the spelling corrections but the RedAnt 1.0 release is sub only and has a different time length to the Madman dual language release of 1.01, just as 1.11 is different to 1.01)

Dragon90101 wrote:
Quote:
Any idea on dates or theaters for REEL anime yet?
There is a new post on the Madbologs about Reel Anime which has a link to the site and the various cinemas but the only date is September, not specific dates for each title and cinema etc.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
Travku wrote:
Source please? (I'm aware of the spelling corrections but the RedAnt 1.0 release is sub only and has a different time length to the Madman dual language release of 1.01, just as 1.11 is different to 1.01)

Is the shorter one shorter by 4%? If it is, it may just be a different PAL conversion method, resulting in speed-up.
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Evangelion: 2.22 DVD and Blu-rei Reply with quote
Travku wrote:

Here you are good sir:

As you can see, both have the corrected "Emergency".

There are officially 3 versions of 1.0; the theatrical version (1.0), the first DVD release (1.01) with spelling corrections, a few updated pieces of animation, and the notorious darkness issues, and the second DVD and Blu-ray release (1.11) with added scenes, more alterations, and no more darkness issues.

I was kind of disappointed to find that the RedAnt release wasn't actually 1.0, but at least I got the pretty rainbow credits with it.
a2k
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

A home video release is forthcoming, but we are unsure when it will happen. Btw this is what we also confirmed as far back as AUGUST last year.

so does that mean you have the rights to 2.22 also?
Norbie
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few weeks ago i pre-orded a HK release of Eva 2.22 (US39.95) from yesasia. A few days ago i get a message from them stating that the booklet in the picture provided at their site will not be included - bummer. I cancelled the order. I keep on reminding my self that pactience is a virtue and i will wait till madman release it or a R1 release (probably with the booklet included). It be cheaper too i imagine.

Norbie
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So Madman, Funimation have announced their release of 2.22 for the 29th of March this year, so when can we expect a domestic release?
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Surprisingly that release date is not that far away. I imagine that the Madman release will be around July some time.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
June, June, June

Also this
http://www.madman.com.au/news/evangelion-extravaganza-at-supanova-expo/
Faz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome, thanks Slykura.

So what sort of extras can we expect for this release? The US release is said to have much of the extras included on the Japanese release.
themasething
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went to Supanova this past weekend, was happy to get autographs from the voice cast from Evangelion. However I got annoyed when I found out (Due to not checking the site often) that Evangelion: 2.22 is due in June. Bit of a buzz kill since I was hoping to have my 2.22 signed by Tiffany & Yuko since they are in it.
hawkangel
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will this Blu-Ray have a reversible cover? Because those classification codes sure are ugly.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: