Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Bleach to Simulcast of Crunchyroll

Bleach to Simulcast of Crunchyroll
Author
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Bleach to Simulcast of Crunchyroll Reply with quote
Just what it says in the subject line.

Crunchyroll are doing well for themselves. Especially since they've already got Naruto and One Piece so now they have all three of the 'big' Shounen Jump titles.

Your opinions on the news?
poke__egg
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm... pay 6.95 USD a month to keep up to date, or get the free stuff a week later, both with no chance to download and archive it for later watching (Bandwidth is limited here). Losing one of the quickest most reliable release groups ever because of it.

yay for legalities and etc, but meh, i really cbf streaming it with no chance to keep it later.

RICE MONKEYS!!!1
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm confused over subtitles, all the comments i'm hearing are that viz subs and in general most non 'unofficial' subs are rubbish but i've seen some comments from people that say they know japanese that say that the 'unofficial' subs are actually rubbish and the official ones are more accurate or something, it's confusing me :/ I should probably just learn japanese >.> my mother even started putting me in 'learn to speak japanese' classes at school when I was six but apparently I hated them so she stopped taking me, I hate myself so much now Crying or Very sad

but yea, I don't like streaming stuff because it means wasted quota (just got broadband so quota is now an issue if I don't want to go back to near 56k speeds) if I want to watch it again, very sad to see this stuff, yay for legalities, nay for the other implications

I also saw some comments saying that 'unofficial' subs should die as they're ruining the industry, correct me if i'm wring but didn't they create the industry? Confused
poke__egg
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you want 100% accuracy with no consideration of dialect, slang, or things like that, then yeah, go the "official" ones.

the 'unofficial' ones are known to have a rather wide hit and miss as to whether they're contextually accurate or not, however the one in question here are usually spot on, save for a few liberties they take regarding slang and what-have-you.

a couple other groups have said they're willing to step up to bat against crunchyroll so we'll see how good they go i guess.

RICE MONKEYS!!!1
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will just buy it when it comes out why pay just for one watch?
Renton7
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without fansubs Anime on the Western side of the world wouldn't be as big. I believe we would have more Japanese cartoons (that will fail *cough4kidscough*) as opposed to Anime. This will possibly bring up the cartoon vs anime debate, but lets ignore that topic for now.

I don't like Crunchyroll, they are good at making things legal, but they are creating a monopoly and taking away what I enjoy.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
poke__egg wrote:
if you want 100% accuracy with no consideration of dialect, slang, or things like that, then yeah, go the "official" ones.

really? besides the japanese speakers I was hearing that official subs were highly Americanized and made to fit PG ratings

I personally prefer something that's as accurate as possible while still being readable

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: