Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Custom DVD Jackets

Custom DVD Jackets
Author

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Custom DVD Jackets Reply with quote
Hey, first post Smile
Does anyone here create their own DVD covers? I feel that it has a way of personalizing my anime collection.
I've done three so far, here they are.

[LINKS DELETED - THIS IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL]

Next, I'm planning to do Bleach, Ghost in the Shell (movies, SAC 1-2) and probably Azumanga Daioh.

BTW, please ignore the episode numbers and languages on the covers above. They are just placeholders to see how the writing would look. I'm going to fix them up before I print.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been meaning to make my own custom covers for a while but never got around to it. I need to make some as I recently bought some anime without cases or slicks.

Do you have a template that I could use to make my own?

Also i'd like to see a final product of one of the covers =D
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I absolutely intend on doing this. a huge chunk (posibly most, in fact) of my Anime is of the annoying old Box Set or FatPack Variety. I have been meaning to move everything to multipacks since forever, and then making my own custom Slips for those multipacks.

I have a slightly different idea about how I would like to go about it. What I would like to do is make a single template that I can use for every title, changing only the Titles as necessary. This way when you look at the shelf it will be a beautifully lined up matching collection. Think sort of an encyclopaedia set, only different cos its anime. Smile

of course I have been meaning to do this since before MadMan even had FatPacks.. so probably not going to happen any times soon! lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AWOL42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
I've been meaning to make my own custom covers for a while but never got around to it. I need to make some as I recently bought some anime without cases or slicks.

Do you have a template that I could use to make my own?

Also i'd like to see a final product of one of the covers =D

I do have a template, but it's just a PSD document with a layer for the back cover, a layer for the spine, and a layer for the front cover.
I can add picture boxes and other stuff if you like.

And yes, I'll print them off tonight!

HeDanny wrote:
I absolutely intend on doing this. a huge chunk (posibly most, in fact) of my Anime is of the annoying old Box Set or FatPack Variety. I have been meaning to move everything to multipacks since forever, and then making my own custom Slips for those multipacks.

I have a slightly different idea about how I would like to go about it. What I would like to do is make a single template that I can use for every title, changing only the Titles as necessary. This way when you look at the shelf it will be a beautifully lined up matching collection. Think sort of an encyclopaedia set, only different cos its anime. Smile

of course I have been meaning to do this since before MadMan even had FatPacks.. so probably not going to happen any times soon! lol.

Wow, if you do that then make sure to post it. I'd love to see that! Are you going to change pictures on the covers as well?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to reign in on this parade, however this is highly illegal and we're going to have to ask you to take these down as the use of these images are not authorized.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: