Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread



Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread
Author
Message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Pathfinder - Into the Haunted Forest - Game Thread Reply with quote
Hey all, this first post will just go over some of the rules, post format, and the moderating schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pathfinder Rules and Alterations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can find most of the rules on http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
However, I will repost some of them here for quick reference, and also note that I have altered some of the rules to make for easier play on the forums!

Combat:
In combat, per turn, everyone gets a Standard Action, a Move action, and a Swift action. You do not have to use all three in a turn. Also, you may give up your standard action to have a second Move action. No other type of action may be traded in.

Attack of opportunity:
An attack of opportunity is enabled when a combatant moves out of a square threatened by a creature, or you are in melee range when you are casting a spell, or using a ranged weapon. Usually, a creature only gets one Attack of Opportunity maximum per turn, however things can alter this.
To suit the forum style, every creature (Player or otherwise) will be forced to make the first attack of opportunity possible in each round - since it isn't exactly possible for someone to say what they'll do as combat continues while using a forum.

Dice and combat:
In combat, a melee or range attack requires a roll of a D20 (a 20 sided die). Then, you add your bonuses (such as strength, magic weapon, etc) to the roll for your attack roll. This is compared to the enemy's Armour Class (AC). If the attack roll is greater than or equal to the AC, then you have hit them, and a die roll for damage takes place.
Magic has other ways of being tested - usually creatures get a save against magic, and the spell itself may fail if the caster cannot concentrate. Again, dice are involved.

Die Rolls:
All die rolls will be handled by myself. If it is a die roll that would normally be visible to a player (for example, you attack a creature and roll the die for it), then I will reveal your roll as part of the moderating post.
Eg:

Krug critically hits a generic orc who wandered into the thread before his cue (D20 -> 20).
This means that Krug rolled a D20 (a 20 sided die), and rolled a 20, the result being a critical hit.

Combat Flow:
When combat begins, every character rolls a D20 for Initiative. Then, the characters take their turns in Init order.
The order of players will be revealed to you, however order of enemies will be unclear until actions occur.
Note that in regular Pathfinder, combat then flows by eacjh player taking their turn, and the GM handling the monsters. Since this isn't possible on a forum without taking ridiculous amounts of time for even a single round of combat, you will all make your moves, and when the round of combat is moderated, everyone's actions will take effect, in Initiative order.

If a turn would end with two characters in the same square, whoever would have arrived there first in Initiative order stays there, while the other character is shifted a square before it (depending on which direction they came from). Note that you can pass through allies squares in combat, but not enemies, and must end on your own square.

Movement in Pathfinder usually allows diagonals. However, for simlicity, it will be restricted to up, down, left and right. Attacking in diagonals is still fine, however.

Ranged Weaponry:
Anyone with a ranged weapon has a range increment on their weapon. They can throw/fling/shoot this far without penalty.
Thrown weapons can be thrown up to 5 times that distance, with each multiple of their range increment incurring a -2 penalty to rolls.
Fired ranged weapons can be fired up to 10 times their increment, incurring a -2 penalty per increment over the distance.

Eg: I throw a dagger 12 feet at a target. A dagger's range increment is 5 feet, and so throwing it 12 incurs a -4 to my attack roll, representing the fact that it is difficult to throw a dagger a longer distance.

Certain actions in combat are marked as "Full Round Actions". If you perform this, you cannot move, or attack or do anything else in the same round.

Certain actions are free actions (talking, a druid instructing their pet, etc). You can take as many of these as you like, however, if the amount of actions you are taking in a round becomes unreasonable, the later ones will simply be ignored.

Each square on a map denotes 5 feet.

Death:
When your HP reaches 0, you don't die... yet. You become unconscious.
If your Hp reaches a negative number, you are "dying". If you stay like this for long enough, you do eventually die.
Each round when "dying" you must make a Constitution based roll with a difficulty of 10 (10 or higher is success). If you succeed, you stabilise. Otherwise, you continue to be dying, and lose 1HP.
If your HP ever reaches a negative number equal to half of your Constitution score, you die outright.
Note that the Stabilize spell will stabilise a dying character.
This goes for enemies as well.
If a character is dying, unconscious, or otherwise helpless (sleeping, paralysed, held, bound) Melee attacks gain a +4 bonus to hitting. As a full-round action, if you are standing next to such a character, you may deliver a "Coup de Grace" to them. If you do this, you automatically score a critical hit (rogues also get their Sneak Attack damage bonus when doing this). If the character survives this, then they must make a Fort save or die instantly.

Death is not the end - you can be resurrected by a cleric of sufficient power. Typically, clerics in churches charge for this service. You will need some portion of the dead character's remains for this to work. Let's hope this isn't required shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post Format
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts can take any format you like in terms of talking to other characters, as long as inner monologue and character speech are clearly defined from each other, and clearly defined from actions (using colour, italics, etc)

At the end of a post in combat, actions MUST be defined as follows:

Standard Action: Attacks Orc with Greatsword
Move Action: Moves 3 squares left, 2 up, then 1 more left.
Swift Action: <none>
Free Action: Warns Rhea to back off.

IMPORTANT: Actions will be performed in the order that they are posted. You can take your action allocation in any order, moving before attacking, attacking before moving, etc.

Outside of combat, you may take actions that require rolls (such as sleight of hand, performance, etc). However, please try to limit these to one a turn.

If you do not make a post before the moderation is performed, your character will be assumed to have done nothing if it is in combat. Outside of combat, you will follow the group, but say or do nothing. Even if you have had things stolen from you, or have been smacked in the face with a trout. Such is the price for not giving up your turn Razz

If you wish to speak to other players as a player and not in character (known as Out Of Character), then please place it at the end of your post, preceded by OOC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posting Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This schedule is subject to change at any time, ignorance to updates is no excuse for missing a post.

Moderation posts may take place slightly later than these times, however they will never be earlier. Think of this as a general guide.

Don't complain about the moderation times. They are due to my availablility to mod. I apparently have some kind of life now, and so cannot haunt these forums as much as I used to.

Monday: 5.30pm
Tuesday: 5.30pm
Wednesday: 5.30pm
Thursday: No mod.
Friday: No mod.
Saturday: No mod.
Sunday: 7pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final Words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By no means have I detailed all of the pathfinder ruleset - it is a rich and detailed rule set. If there is a question, don't hesitate to PM me said questions, or post them in the discussion thread.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final Final Words before game begins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I already changed the post schedule, due to my realising that I will likely be exhausted upon returning home from work in the next few weeks, and so I moved the modding time forward to a point before I lose my brain Razz

Also, if it wasn't obvious from earlier info dumps, one post per mod maximum, except in out of combat / freeplay segments.

The first week or so of this will be lightly moderated. This is for your characters to get to know each other, (hopefully) agree to travel together, and such, as well as to allow me a bit more time to properly read up more on our adventure Razz This section is invented by me, so excuse the terrible writing Laughing

Now, without any further ado...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let the Game Begin!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loth'Gritar is a small town, usually used only as a resupply point by adventurers. It has the usual basics a settlement of its size does - a few small shops which sell the essentials, an inn/tavern for people to rest the night, as well as drink their woes away. A few small homes belonging to the locals, a blacksmith for the necessary weapon repairs and such. A peaceful small town. The populace here is entirely made up of humans, although members of the other races pass through often enough. People who weren't born in Loth'Gritar rarely stick around long though - nothing of note ever happens in the town.

It is in Loth'Gritar's inn that you find yourself this day for whatever reason - whether you be an adventurer passing through in search of treasure; a local, simply going about your daily life; or even a member of the clergy, spreading the word of your deity far and wide.

The tavern is a small and homely place. The bartender seems quite friendly. A couple of locals are in the corner, drinking and laughing loudly and happily.

Welcome to Loth'Gritar. Enjoy your short stay, before moving on to bigger and better things!


OOC:
Your characters are all arriving at the tavern separately - I am assuming that none of your characters know each other. Have fun!
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"It's starting to get dark..."

At least she had made it to Loth'Gritar before nightfall. As beautiful as the outdoors was, she did miss sleeping in a real bed. Her tired feet continued to drag her down the main street, slowly leading her towards the local inn. She had found on her travels that inns were a comfortable place to stay, especially for the low cost. The locals and travelers who frequent such places often had tales to tell, as well as tidbits of information to share. Yes, this inn would be an ideal place to rest.

Opening the door, she let herself inside, instantly feeling the warmth this place had to offer. Whether it was warmth from the fire, or the warmth of those around her she could not tell. Still, at least it seemed inviting. She had stayed at a rough inn a few moons past and did not want to repeat the experience.

"Thank you kindly"

She smiled softly and handed over a few coins to the innkeeper, securing herself a room for the night. Now that she had a place to retire, her mind was at ease. She was about to relax and wonder about other matters of importance, such as what she would have for supper. A special treat indeed, as she would not have to prepare the meal herself.

Rhea made her way into the core of the tavern, taking a seat close to the fireplace. Her eyes lingered on the flames, watching them dance and twirl about. It was so beautiful, a passion her and the everlight shared.

-------------

Action: Rhea arrives at the tavern and takes a seat by the fire.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lost in her thoughts a female Elf wandered down the dark street, an ocasional candle in a window shines light on her path, if there were any other travlers on the road she was oblivious.

"how could they hold him responsible, his heart broke that day and now he moves through this world lifeless and void of emotion, locked in his owne mind. I must redeem my brother to his former self but how....if it wasn't for me....
if his name were revered the elders would have to reconsider there dicision,thats it! if I take his name and earn respect throught the land I may be able to restore him to me "


The houses were closer together now and a tavan came into veiw at the end of the street , the faint sound of music and voices drifted down the street,she entered the taven maybe she could dance and earn a meal and a room for the night.walking up to the innkeeper and bowing with a flourish Leoric introduces herself.

............................................................
Action: Leoric arives at the taven and talks to the innkeeper.
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heading in from the east, Kaala and her companion headed down the road towards an inn. She heard a few people gasp in shock at the sight of her companion - but then again, a large white wolf would do that to those who didn't know.

She would prefer to sleep outside, but she decided to not risk it, not in a town full of humans. Her companion was dear to her and she didn't want to risk him being hurt. She also hadn't had a decent nights sleep in a while, so being inside was safer than out.

She sighed heavily, and opened the door to an open fireplace and the smell of warm food. Her stomach rumbled. Her companion, named Ghost, slipped through the open door and went to lay by the fire.

"A room for one thanks."
She said the innkeeper, her voice low. "And some food too thanks, enough for two." She slipped him the money and went to join her friend by the fire.

She had hoped that he didn't notice Ghost, she didn't want to be kicked out, not tonight.

ACTION - entered the inn and went to sit by the fire with Ghost.

_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
'Wait for it...' Allistaire hovered in the shadows outside the bar, his hooded visage helping him blend into the party of halfling clerics offering solace to those who may be down on their luck.

He watched with silent anticipation as The Elf and her (or was it his - he always had trouble telling) wolf companion moved through towards the doorway.

'Nearly there...'

The wolf made a stealth imbued break towards the fireplace, spoiling Allistaire's mark he'd made of the tired looking half-breed cleric. Still - the opportunity was too much to pass up - the clergy often carried trinkets that could be fenced for a nice bit of gold.

Allistaire waited until The Elf engaged the innkeeper, and slipped quietly into the tavern, making his way quickly towards the back - if he moved quickly enough and kept his back to the staff he could, in his experience, pass for a halfling or other smaller creature long enough to "get the job done", so to speak.

He approached the weary looking traveller, and peered from under his hood with a cheeky smile. "You look like you've seen quite some action recently..." He used his most comforting, and least condescending voice - he had learned heard already the dangers of insulting an adventurer, "Perhaps you'd like to hear a nice song, to calm your nerves on this frostbitten night...A good piece of music can warm the soul..." His voice was honeyed with practice.

'And the right notes can loosen the purse - or vestment - strings...' He concluded internally.

--

Action: Entered the inn and approached a traveller (Rhea Fey), offering them a song to enjoy while they rested by the fire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea hesitated as she spotted something approaching her from the corner of her vision. Something furry, low to the ground and certainly not human. Her eyes wandered briefly to the creature, then quickly darted away, back towards the fire. Yes, there was no mistaking it, that was a wolf. But what was it doing in the tavern? Were they under attack? No, there was no sounds of battle, just the same ongoing hustle and bustle the tavern had when she arrived.

Remaining where she was, not wanting to provoke the creature, she continued to watch it as it took a place before the fire, much like a domestic dog. Perhaps it was a pet? Now that it was curled up by the fire it seemed much less threatening at least. Still, her tension must have shown because next thing she knew a voice was speaking to her, offering her a song to sooth the soul. He looked quite young, though she knew better than to say so in case he happened to be a halfing who was twice her age. Her attention was now diverted from the wolf and on the cloaked figure before her.

"I would like that indeed, thank you" she responded with a friendly smile. How could she resist?

-------

Action: Accepts Allistaire's offer of a song

OOC:
Assume at this point it's okay for multiple posts between mods since no real actions have been taken?
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Yoshi
Doraemon


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A somnolent rogue wanders through town watching as the occasional cloud of steam from her breath rises and melts into the quickly chilling air; but ahead is a pleasant sight, a warm glow she has been seeking.

Stepping into the inn Aron approaches the keeper. As she pays for a room and some food she notes the patrons seem normal, save a wolf by the fire. It seems well tamed and the pet of the Elf sitting with it? With little concern, Aron sits by the fire, it had been a long day.



Action: arriving at the tavern Aron procures a room, food and takes a seat buy the fire.


OOC: I hope I didn’t take too much license with the wether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea enters, pays for a meal and a room, and sits near the fire.

Leoric enters and makes small talk with the barkeep. He introduces himself as Boytor. Boytor is a short, balding human with a wide grin and a large girth. He laughs as he tells Leoric that he is sometimes mistaken for a disgraced Dwarf due to his build.

Kaala enters, pays for a room and two meals, and sits by the fire with her wolf. Boytor doesn't give a second glance to Ghost - enough adventurers spend the night in his inn that he is accustomed to having uncommonly tame creatures accompany them. He begins to recount the time a Dwarf had spent the night with his giant tortoise to Leoric.

"Hungry, I think its name was. Apt name for the creature I tell ya, he ate four meals worth of food!"

Allistaire enters, and quietly gets over his nervousness of the wolf in order to offer a song to Rhea - an offer which is quickly accepted. Boytor spots Allistaire's entrance, but lets it slide for now. Although he wouldn't serve the boy any ale due to his age, his prescence wasn't altogether offensive.

Aron enters the tavern, pays for the night, and sits quietly near the fire.

Current Situation:
People sitting around the fire, having paid for their meals.
There are 3 locals in the corner continuing to drink and chat, ignoring the adventurers who have entered.
Boytor the barkeep is chatting with Leoric.
Allistaire has been taken up on his offer of a song by Rhea.
Aron, Kaala and Ghost are quietly enjoying a rest and a meal, however neither have spoken to each other.
Krug is not yet present.


OOC: Can't wait to see what Krug does here Razz
I wonder if anyone other than Spritza will pick up my source for the giant turtle story... Razz
Also, let me know if you want me to cut down on my own improvised narrative in this section... I am inventing as I go here since I have no source material... and damn enjoying it too Razz
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire smiled again from underneath his hood and performed a quick calculation. A single hit would be nice, sure, and it would certainly seem the safer option - but he had made similar mistakes with groups of adventurers before, and it was certainly wise to mitigate the number of people who would potentially be later seeking out his head.

He quickly searched his mental repertoire for the song that best suited the situation. 'Perfect' he thought, and he opened his mouth to introduce the song, and himself, 'This should hold them for long enough...'

"Ladies..." He began with practiced showmanship, addressing those sitting around the fire with flair "...and wolf companions. Please, enjoy your meals, and rest yourself while you listen to the words of my latest composition - The March Of Warriors Lost." And he opened his mouth, allowing the haunting refrain to escape from within him. He watched his targets, willing the dulcet tones to wash over the new adventurers in town, attempting to drag them down into the depth of slumber...

--

Action:
Allistaire casts Lullaby
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea listened to the lyrics, enjoying the sweet melody as he sang. 'Wow, he's better than I expected' she thought to herself. Usually a tavern was not a place she'd expect to hear such a voice. A street performance was a more likely place or perhaps the halls of a temple...

It reminded her of home a little, of the summer festivals where the sound of people singing could be heard at all hours of the day. Of people smiling, dancing and enjoying the lengthy days of sunshine. She sighed softly to herself, continuing to enjoy his performance. Yes she did miss her homeland, but she was on a journey, making her own path in the world. In time, her feet would lead her home, but for now she was to enjoy all the new sights and experiences her travels would bring her.

She glanced around briefly, aware that more people had entered the tavern. Looks like she wasn't the only one seeking shelter on this night. Still, they were blessed as they were able to hear the sweet melody this cloaked one was performing for them. Rhea then let her focus return to Allistaire once more, continuing to listen to his ballard.

----------------

Action: Rhea listens to the song
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug traipsed down the road. It had been three weeks since setting out from the Thundersunder encampment in the Primal Valley with a pack full of supplies and swift feet to carry him. The supplies had since run out, but given that at the standard Thundersunder rate of consumption, a field of deer lasted less than half a day, that was hardly surprising. Krug remembered with a smile one fortunate day when the trail that their tribe had been travelling along had coincided with a merchant's supply train. The locals had called the intersection 'Consumption Junction' for years to come.

His rumbling belly reminded him of the task at hand. If he did not come across a township within an hour, he would have to stop and forage for a meal and make camp for the night.

As fortune would have it, he came across the township of Loth'Gritar with light still remaining. Entering the town, his tribal tattoos attracting the stares of the settlement guards, he stopped outside a building, one of the bigger ones in the encampment.

"I-N-N. Hey, dat spell INN!" Krug exclaimed with glee, rubbing his palms together. Something smelled delicious, and it didn't smell like the usual 'delicacies' that he had become accustomed to in the Thundersunder tribe. 'Delicacies', of course, in the most elastic use of the term. His brain weighed up his options. Certainly, he had a few coins to spare, and he could probably afford to have a few of those fall into the hands of the locals. After all, it wouldn't do much good for the township to die out and be flattened by some tribe that could actually fight back against the Thundersunder tribe.

As his brain reached this placid solution, he realised that his body had had other plans whilst he was deliberating. His legs were carrying him towards the inn's door at an alarming pace. Usually, his tribe's first reaction upon smelling something delicious was to scream, "Spear that and put it over a fire faster than Bear Grylls ever could!" and proceeding to do so. At least, that was what it translated to from Draconic.

Krug managed to wrench the door open before his overzealous legs carried him inside. If the pub's patrons had been shocked to find a seemingly insane barbarian bursting through the door of their quiet pub of an evening, that was nothing compared to what came next.

Krug stood in the open doorway of the pub, with all attention of the locals fixed on him. The woman near the fire seemed unfazed, and the two engrossed in conversation didn't even turn his way.

"Right," his legs said to him in their usually snarky manner, "my job's done. Now it's your problem." Krug responded in the only way he could think of: scare them into compliance.

"KRUG TESTS YOUR DOOR FOR GOOD BUILDING." he roared in Draconic. "DOOR PASS TEST. KRUG SHUT DOOR NOW."

With that, he slammed the door back into its closed position. The entire inn shook with the slam of the door. Dust fell from the ceiling in giant clumps. It may have been masonry, Krug couldn't tell.

"WE MAKE GOOD TEAM! YOU DID WELL!" Krug shouted at the door. The door did not reply.

The inn was silent, save for the man singing to the woman. The singing gave Krug an idea.

"Greetings!" Krug said in Common with a raised voice, probably quite a bit louder than was absolutely necessary. "My name Krug! Let me sing you the song of my people!"

Krug began to sing, sounding for all the world as though someone were machinegunning a seal. Not that anyone knew what a 'machinegun' was. He had translated the words into phonetic Common from Draconic as one of his first tasks as a gai'shain of the Thundersunder tribe and, some years later, a visiting bard had put them to the warchant of the Thundersunder. The bard, named Ashlee, had been dismembered when the clan was informed what the lyrics meant in Common, but the words had remained in Draconic nevertheless.

"YOU MAKE ME WANT TO LA LA, IN THE KITCHEN ON THE FLOOR, I'LL BE YOUR FRENCH MAID, WHEN I MEET YOU AT THE DOOR, I'M LIKE AN ALLEY CAT, DRINK THE MILK UP, I WANT MORE, YOU MAKE ME WANNA, YOU MAKE ME WANNA SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!"

Krug finished, his last note sounding as though a horde of angry walrus were about to burst through the door behind him. He suspected that at least one occupant of the inn were wearing a newly acquired pair of brown trousers. Nevertheless, Krug decided to finish the shock and awe campaign with a further show of force.

Grabbing a nearby farmer's half-finished pint of ale, he slugged the remainder down in one giant swig. The farmer didn't dare complain. Not after that. Krug held the empty pint mug in his hand as one would normally hold something heavy and dangerous.

"And somebody shut that man UP!!" he shouted, hurling the mug at the man and seating himself heavily at one of the unoccupied stools at the bar.

ACTION: Krug has made an appearance at the Loth'Gritar inn. No attempt to break the door: please don't roll on that. No specific intimidate etc attempt, please don't roll on that either. Krug is, however, attempting to hit Allistaire with the mug, so please roll an improvised weapon throw on that. Probably a concentration check on Allistaire's spell, too, given that it can't have been easy to concentrate on singing a lullabye with that kind of diplomatic relations going on around him. Razz

OOC: I had so much fun with this. I was thinking of a few alternative arrivals to town, including Krug and others from his tribe arriving like this. Razz

Stuff in red is in Draconic, which nobody who doesn't speak Draconic can understand, but translated for narrative purposes.

Also, this is Krug's tribe's wardance, for all interested. Razz

I'm so looking forward to seeing what comes next. Very Happy
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The quiet and peaceful feeling of the inn was shattered as a large figure burst into the tavern. At first she paid no attention to him, entranced by the song that Allistaire was singing. However, the newcomer began to speak, and not in a tongue she could understand. It sounded almost demonic in tone, which made her rather uncomfortable. Stranger still he appeared to be addressing the door. Was he possessed? Or perhaps drunk? Still, it sounded like he was speaking a language and not just some slurred nonsense. It put her on edge, not knowing what he was but assuming the worst.

Rhea's eyes watched Krug as he addressed those in the tavern, speaking in common. So he was able to speak it? His introduction seemed to imply to her that he was well known around these parts, though being from a distant land she could neither confirm or deny this. Was he known for being a tyrant or a villain in these parts? He then began to sing...well what he seemed to call singing. It was loud, scary, out of tune and he was speaking in that strange demonic tongue again. Oh it was hurting her ears and was an utter insult to her cloaked friend. How disrespectful. Rhea stood up, moving between Allistaire and this possessed man. If he was a demon, she would have to act fast and she did not want others to get hurt. Her hand found it's way to the hilt of her scimitar, though she kept it sheathed for now.

"Dawnflower, please protect me" she muttered softly to herself, before glancing back at Allstaire. "It was a beautiful song, thank you" she said with a smile. "Had there been no interruptions, I would have liked an encore."

----------------------------

Action: Stood up and moved between Allistaire and Krug in case a fight breaks out.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire casts Lullaby in his immediate vicinity in the hopes of slowing down the people enough that he can can swipe something.

Krug makes quite an entrance, ending it by throwing a mug at Allistaire, seemingly for daring to sing in his presence. At the same time, Allistaire's concentration is broken, causing him to lose his lullaby spell.
(Concentration Roll D20 -> 3)

The mug misses its mark by a wide margin.
(D20 -> 5 + 1 BAB + 1 Dex mod - 4 Improv Weapon = 3)

Rhea stands between Allistaire and Krug, preparing for the worst.

Kaala, Aron, Leoric and Boytor watch, dumbfounded.

MAP:

Kaala, Aron and Leoric are sitting on chairs - sorry but the makeshift tokens I created cover the furniture in the map maker.
There is no door image either, but it is in the wall taking up the two squares immediately behind Krug.
The guy behind the bar is Boytor. He has no weapons, although the token looks like he does. Use your imagination people!
Remember, one square = 5 feet.


Current Situation:
Standoff!
Allistaire fumbled his lullaby spell due to the distraction, and caused no effect whatsoever with it.


OOC:
If you guys want a better token for your character(s), then please feel free to create one yourself. My artistic ability is in the negatives.
If you decide to do so, it needs to be a .png, approximately 100.100 pixels, and transparency WILL work.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog


Last edited by Kalgar on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Realising this could be a good opptunity to prove her worth and gain some respect for her brothers name, Leoric decides to do something before the inn is distroyed.

Turning to Boytor "would you poor me a glass of your stongest ale"
Pulling her Pocketed Scarf out and fliping it back and forth to look like it was dancing whyle smilling at Krug.
In Common "Krug, Look pretty fabric" Now swaying the Scarf in a wide arch the way you may distract a cat. "Krug want a drink?" Points to the ale on the bar beside her.

moving to the edge of the chair in readyness to stand and move if needed

Thinking "I hope I can befriend him and calm him down or at least distract him long enough for someone to do something"

......................................................
Action: Ask Boytar for a drink, Pull out scarf and move it about trying to distract Krug, offers Krug a drink.
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire pictured the kinds of trinkets these new adventurers must be carrying on them as his song started to hit what he dubbed the 'magical notes'.

"...but you don't call, you don't call me no more - and I've waited all day, know you'll always, beeeeeee myyyyyyyy favvvvouriittteee..."


*CRASH*

His final lyric was interrupted by the sound of the inn door being flung open, and the ensuing cacophony of language that Allistaire did not understand. He attempted to salvage his attempt - although he had noticed that neither the elves, nor the half breed whom he was directly singing to, were succumbing particularly to his charms anyway. Even the locals around him were starting to regain their wits, as they stared at the rather large mountain of a man standing in front of them - seemingly distressed by the scene he was causing as he paraded around the room like the undead seen occasionally moving around the graveyard.

Allistaire, not one to be outdone, tried to sing louder, resulting in nothing less than an ale glass being thrown at his head. Thankfully the assailant was well past his mark, and the glass shattered into dozens of pieces against the wall behind him.

Allistaire cursed under his breath - it wasn't often that Boytar allowed him to target his patrons quite so obviously - the last time he attempted anything even close to grifting in here he'd found himself with a red cheeks and an even redder hide to match. Granted, though, he'd attempted to disguise himself as a lost diplomat, and started selling off fake deeds to properties in his "homeland" - but he was young and ambitious then, and clearly Boytar figured he had learnt his lesson - or had determined that even street rats needed to have shiny occasionally.

"Baka gaijin!" Allistaire called out in Sylvan as the now fully alert half elf moved in between himself and the barbarian, muttering to herself and thanking Allistaire for the tune he had sung. She thanked him for trying to put her to sleep. Allistaire watched the elf at the bar attempt to distract the object of his growing ire with a delicate scarf and some ale. He use this time to try and swallow his growing rage, but the 'angry switch' had flipped inside his head - for a bard he had some anger management issues.

Finally he could hold it in no longer, and he let the mountainous individual in front of him (of course, to Allistaire almost any individual was quite large) have it. Thankfully, he managed to get enough of a grip on himself that he did so in Sylvan, and not common - a mistake he had made time and time before. "Anata wa gougou bakatare da yo! Boku ga karera wo hakkubu neitte, anata ga hulking haikyo da, mou boku ga koko de kennon desu yo!! Boku ga anata no menbu wo tsukisaseru yo ne..." He trailed off when he realised that he'd stopped making sense, and noticed that his hand had instinctively moved towards his rapier.

Regaining some of his sanity, Allistaire shifted his hands back into their usual position in his pockets, and instead started preparing poems about incompetent barbarians named Conan, in an effort to better inspire courage for his allies, even if they were only of temporary assistance to him.

Action: Allistaire verbally abused Krug in Sylvan, before readying himself for combat (opting to support Rhea/Leoric instead of actually making a physical attack...) He readies "Inspire Courage".



OOC: Assuming that my Japanese is anywhere near as accurate as I'm hoping, then the "Sylvan" above translates to "You thundering moron! I almost had them asleep, you hulking lungfish, and it's risky me just being here!! I could stab you in the face, you know..."

At least that was the intention, but my Japanese is...very bad...so anyone who wants to offer advice - PM me =^_^=[/b][/i]
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yoshi
Doraemon


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As Krug made his entrance, Aron’s lethargic eyes sharpened and locked a steely gaze upon the Barbarian. Not only was he talking to doors but he was loud obnoxious and violent, Aron didn’t like him, she wanted peace and rest not a bar fight.

She watched and resisted the urge to cover her ears from Krug’s ‘sinning’ but once the mug was thrown she stood and moved toward him, She wouldn’t start a fight but couldn’t just sit there if other where dragged into one.


Action: Aron has stood and moved one square right, three down. She is standing defensively but makes no aggressive action.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug waves at the bartender, completely ignoring the scarf that's being waved in front of him.

"Bartender! Strong ale, big bucket. Keep change, keep inn not thirsty tonight." he calls, throwing a 1gp coin across the bar.

He hears Rhea say something about an encore. With that, he leaps from his chair.

"Girl want encore? Krug like nice girl who appreciate Thundersunder warsong. Rude bard should appreciate Krug's singing more and stop singing over top of Krug. Maybe bard learn something from Krug."

ACTION: Krug has asked whether anyone wants an encore, and paid for everyone's drinks for the evening. He has also insulted Allistaire's singing.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea noted another getting up and moving past her, it seems the strange man's actions were not only concerning her, but others in the tavern as well. The short cloaked one who was singing so delacately before was now spraying out mouthfuls of words at the man, words that she could not understand, yet words that sounded more like a creatures tongue than one a person would use. She doubted it was something positive by the expression on his face.

It seemed a female by the bar was trying to distract the strange man with her scarf, or perhaps she was trying to get his attention for other reasons? After all, she had also brought him a drink, perhaps they were close? If so, Krug was a lucky man! He seemed to ignore her for now though, as the man who called himself Krug made his own order at the bar, appearing to have shouted a round of ale for those present. She wasn't much of a drinker herself, but it seemed more of a friendly gesture than one of hostility. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding? Still, that strange tongue kept her alert for now.

"Girl want encore?" Wait... did he mean her? No no no no no no no! That's not want she wanted at all! Something had to be done about this, and fast.... umm...aah....eeh....

"Please excuse my younger brother..." Rhea suddenly spoke up, addressing Krug. She was hoping that the cloaked singer would play along with her plan. If this Krug fellow found out she was lying, he may grind her bones to bake with bread."He is still learning the ways of the world, we mean no disrespect."

'Oh Everlight, please let this plan work.' She turned back to address Allistaire, her eyes pleading with him to play along. "Isn't that right brother...." she asked, hoping to prompt him into some form of mock appology. If only she had learnt his name, it would have made things much easier.

She turned back towards Krug and began to speak once more. "A voice like yours should be kept for special occasions, it is a precious gift you should not waste." she explained in soft tones to him. Urg, that scary sounding language in a variety of out of tune notes, it was something she hoped never to hear again. Please enjoy a nice drink of ale with your lady friend and have a nice warm meal. We will try not to disturb you again tonight." Rhea waved her arm towards Leoric, who still had a jug of ale ready for him. The female had wanted Krugs attention right?

-----------

Action: Rhea has appologised for Allistaire's 'disturbance' and claimed that he is her brother. Rhea has also requested Krug not sing, but instead enjoy a drink/meal with Leoric.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire looked into the pleading eyes of the half elf standing in front of him. It was most unusual for anybody around here to show sympathy to one from the street, especially a complete stranger. The gesture was not unappreciated, and Allistaire quickly went looking for some of the saddest memories he could find.

He recalled the triggers he had used when attempting to convince people that they'd killed a dear pet, or that he'd had his most precious item stolen. His eyes started to well up with crocodile tears.

"I'm...I'm sorry mister..." He choked out, starting off a small sob to go with his words, "I...I was just trying to sing my sister the song our Mummy and Daddy used to sing to us when we was little." He grabbed onto the half-elf's arm. "I just got upset when you stopped it cos...cos they're...they're..." And with this he turned on the full water-works and buried his head in his new-found companion's garments.

He took a moment - mentally counting down just how long he should hold the tears for - and wiped his eyes on the robe he was buried amongst, his fight or flight response working overtime to work out just what was about to go down...

--

Action:
Allistaire plays along with Rhea's story that they are related, and attempts to play on the sympathy of either Krug, or those around him in the bar - he doesn't care who he affects with his sob story, as long as they react in his favour Razz
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shaking her head, Kaala turns on her stool and stares at the huge being that walked in, talked to a door, sang, then threw a mug at a total stranger. Krug, huh?

She watches as the others attempt to calm Krug down. Ghost was lying on the ground, his ears pinned down, blocking out that terrible thing called singing.

Then she heard someone abuse Krug in Sylvan. Put them to sleep? What? She looked more closely at this man with a new interest. Was he a wanted man perhaps? For what reason did he want us to sleep for? To steal from us?

Krug then mentioned an encore. She glanced his direction and then to Ghost, his ears pinned tighter to his skull.

The half elf spoke. Brother? She looked from the man to the half elf. Doubtful, but whatever. She decides to stay where she is and watch this play out. There were enough people trying to calm Krug down, she figured she'd sit this out - for now.

But I'll keep an eye on that man who was singing
, she thinks to herself.

ACTION - staying where she is for now, though she is curious as to this strange man with his beautiful voice.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giving up on trying to distract Krug as it was becoming aparent he was less of a threat than the young bard who it would apear had more on his mind than earning a few coins for his song. Leoric picks up ale she ordered and has a sip settling back into her chair,Smiling at those around the fire and back at Krug she could tell this was going to be a long night.
Over her sholder to Boytor "This happen alot around here or are we just lucky tonight" Slowely fliping her Scarf back in place around her neck.
...............................................
ACTION: Stops twirling Scarf and puts it away,has a drink, Smiles at all involved and talks to Boytor
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug frowned.

"Krug think something up. You sure you two brother and sister?"

ACTION: Sense Motive check.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As Allistaire clung onto her garmends and began to cry, Rhea wrapped her arm around him in a comforting hug. It felt a little odd to be doing this to someone she had only just met, but his unexpected twist on her original lie had moved her and it would be a natural reaction for a sister to do in such a situation. Hopefully his story was not a tale that her new companion had derived from his own background, and rather from the silver tongue he seemed to posess. She was greatful he had picked up on her act, he seemed to have quite a sharp wit for someone his age. Her free hand moved to a chain around her neck, from which a wooden pendant was hanging. She clutched at it, pausing for a few moments in memory of her "parents." 'Dawnflower, guide me...' she silently prayed.

"Shhh... you still have sister Rhea... and I will always be here to protect you" she whispered to her new brother in a soothing, motherly tone. Rhea had to admit, she had never introduced herself to someone in this way before, but at the very least her "brother" should be aware of her name. She reached out to him, gently brushing away a leftover tear he had failed to wipe off on her robe. Her ears pricked up as she heard Krug speak again, questioning whether they were related. She had hoped he wouldn't persue this any further since it would be quite difficult to prove.

"Do I really look old enough to be his mother?" she asked in responce, looking quite saddened that he was implying such a thing. Well, at least that's how she decided to twist his words, to speak of a females age was often a dangerous topic to be treading upon. She let out a sigh "I guess all this travelling has taken much more out of me than I thought..."

---------------

Action: Rhea has comforted her newfound "brother" and responded to Krug's remark....kinda Razz
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boytor passes a bucket of ale to Krug, though never letting his eyes off the mountain of a man.

Krug is convinced that Rhea is speaking the truth (Sense Motive D20 -> 10 - 1 (skill mod) = 9, Allistaire Bluff Assist D20 -> 12 + 8 (skill mod) = 20, Rhea Bluff D20 -> 18 + 2 (ability mod) + 2 (successful assist from Allistaire) = 22)

Aron moves to defend, hoping that she may be of some use if the situation escalates.

Boytor responds to Leoric. "This is definitely not normal, milady, though it is far from the first time we've had rowdy patrons. If he causes trouble, I'll 'ave 'im out of here in a jiffy!"

Allistaire hears Boytor's words, knowing fully that he can back that claim up. He had heard many a rumour that before settling down into a life of serving drinks and providing lodging Boytor was once a successful gunslinger of some renown - although his flintlock firearm had never been seen, so such rumour remain unconfirmed.

Kaala watches in interest.

MAP:


CURRENT SITUATION:
Krug is fooled by Rhea and Allistaire.
Krug has been handed a big bucket of ale.
Boytor is watching Krug closely, while answering Leoric's question.


EDIT: Map resized in an attempt to de-pixellate. Looks slightly better... damn phone giving me trouble on this *shakes fist*
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leoric drinks her ale and watches what is going on. humming to herself she realizes its Krugs odd song that she is humming "great now I have that stuck in my head for days" she mutters under her breath

........................................................
Action: Humm's Krugs song and watches those in the bar

OOC: sry will be heading out soon and may not get back intime for mod later tonight so not doing much here.
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leoric drinks some ale. She is not feeling the effects of it yet.
(1 consumed, 3 total (1 + Con modx2 (2) can be drunk before Leoric feels the effects)

CURRENT SITUATION:
???
Profit?

_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 3414
Location: Galactica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug holds up his huge bucket of ale.

"Whatever, Krug not really care. Maybe Krug wrong. Blood and thunder!" he says, saying the traditional Thundersunder drinking cheer and throwing back half of the bucket of ale.

"Krug have drink with nice people then make camp outside village. Krug not care for beds, too soft." he says, drinking more ale.
_________________
Fight for love like a soldier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing the situation die down with Krug, Kaala turns back to her meal and the fire. It was so nice and warm, especially on this cool night.

She starts humming a tune to herself after eating. Ghost stretches out, exposing more of his belly to the fire. Relaxing, she enjoys the relative quietness of the inn.

ACTION: done eating and hasn't moved. Humming a tune.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After watching Krug suspiciously, Allistaire tugged on his new "sister's" robes, and whispered into her ear. "Good thinking - you're quite the quick one. My name's Allistaire - I'm glad to have met you, Rhea." He cocked his ear in the direction of the elf at the fire, noticing the tune she was humming. "Perhaps that encore is in order now..."

He moved back towards the fire.

"A song for you," he addressed all surrounding the fire, "An honest one this time - I am terrifically sorry for any ill feelings I may have caused. It's been...interesting...since my parents died, and living on the streets has not made the best person of me. Boytor is gracious for allowing me in here to begin with, and I know that his threats are not made idly."

He waited for a suitable cue in the music, and began his new tune - this time a tune about the history of the city as told amongst the children of the street.

--

Action: Allistaire apologises to the group for his previous behaviour, explains briefly his "life story" and starts a new song for them to enjoy.
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yoshi
Doraemon


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps her action was hasty; this ‘Krug’ wasn’t starting a fight. Aron sighed and returned to her seat and food, she didn’t take much notes of the ‘siblings’ but keeps an eye on Krug

Action: returns to the seat but keeps a moderate eye on Krug’s actions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The bard had started singing again but this time at least it would apear his intentions were less sinister.

All this excitment on a sleepy night made her miss home and the life she was leaving behind, being alone in her thoughts did not seem a good way to spend the evening.

With a nod of her head to Boytor Leoric stood up and walked over to the group at the fire,nodding with a smile to acknowledge those seated there "Greatings" then turning to the other Elf she offered her a traditional elvin greating "Aaye,Cormamin lindua ele lle Aa' menealle nauva calen ar' malta. Amin Leoric. Mani naa essa en lle?


........................................................
Action: Walks over to the fire and wishes those there greatings in Common then addresses Kaala in Elven.

OOC: Would you belive I founda Elvin dictionary online =P
I said "Greatings, May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown. I am Leoric, may I ask your name?"
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea smiled warmly at Allistaire as he spoke to her, nodding as he mentioned an encore. The room seemed a little tence, hopefully the sound of song would ease the tension, providing that Krug felow did not interupt again. He seemed to have lost interest in them for now, for which she was greatful. Now that he had calmed and was no longer speaking in that strange language, he seemed much less threatening to her than when he initially arrived.

Allistaire's brief overview of his life saddened her. So, how story from earlier was based on fact? He was a child of the streets? No child should ever have to live such a life! No wonder he seemed so greatful for her protection earlier, it seemed kindness was a rare experience for him. Perhaps that why she was here? Perhaps the Dawnflower had allowed her lie to succeed in order to help this boy? Her hand brushed over her shoulder as she thought about this, listening to the tunes Allistaire sung.

Rhea's ears pricked up as she heard Leoric speak. As elven blood ran in her veins alongside the blood of man, she was able to undertand the elven tongue as well as speak it. For now, she decided just to listen, rather than to comment or acknowledge she could understand. She had come across many elves, and humans too for that matter who looked down upon those with mixed blood such as herself. Besides, she was addressing the other elf and it would be rude to interupt their conversation.

Instead, Rhea made her way over to the counter to address the tavern keeper, Boytor. She had to continue the charade, as Krug was still within earshot. "Now that my brother has arrived, I would like to hire a room on his behalf, preferably close by to mine. Also, I shall be purchasing his meal for the evening." Rhea requested, handing over the coins required. She had wanted to thank Allistaire for gracing them with music on this cold night and what better way than to provide his with shelter on this cold night and a good meal?

--------

Action: Rhea approached Boytor and pays for Allistaires stay at the inn and a meal.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suddenly her humming was interrupted. The man called Allistaire had started singing again, making her own tune falter. She threw a glare in his direction and thought about getting up to go to her room when another approached.

After hearing her greeting, Kaala replied "Aman dur. Amin Kaala en' i' Arauka Duin Hostar. Sina Amin draug sul - Ghost."

ACTION - replying to Leoric

OOC - I found one too Very Happy
My elvin translates too "Blessed be. I am Kaala of the Swift River Tribe. This is my wolf Slipping Wind - Ghost."

Though, there was no translation for slipping Sad But yeah.

_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire, as of yet unaware of the gesture that had been performed for him by the cleric, broadened his lyrical assault of the inn - approaching various clients in the hopes that they would offer him even the smallest scrap of money.

He knew better than to meddle in the conversation of elves, and he had no current means of determining what they were saying, so eavesdropping in the hopes of picking up some vital information was out of the question.

He figured that while he was singing for his...well...livelihood he may pick up some information on some lost dog for which a reward was offered, or a missing child who his connections could assist him in finding. Anything was better than relying on the fickle nature of drunken locals and adventurers, after all (except, that is, for going hungry, of course.)

--

Action: Allistaire attempts to pick up any going bits of information while he busks around the locals in the inn.
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krug has a drink as he announces his plans for the evening.
(1 consumed, total before effects take hold 1 + Con modx2 = 5)

Kaala and Leoric begin to converse in Elven, as Aron returns to her seat.

Rhea pays for Allistaire's meal and lodging for the night, keeping up the pretense that they are related. Boytor winks knowingly at Rhea as she pays, knowing full well they are unrelated.

Allistaire makes 10 silver pieces from his busking (Perform check D20 -> 11 + 8 mod = 19 -> Enjoyable Performance = D10 SP -> 10), and gleans from the locals that there are apparently some interesting historical elements about a forest about a day's travel away. However, there is no specific information gleaned (due to conflicting reports), apart from there being an inn along the road to the south, near said forest.

CURRENT SITUATION:
General beginnings of conversation, except for the seemingly sourpuss Aron.
Rhea pays for Allistaire's meal and lodging, unbeknownst to him (yet).
Allistaire makes 10 SP off the locals and gleans some information.


OOC:
Modding from work is... difficult at best Razz I also don't have my usual materials, so ugh!
This is a one off though.
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea smiled at Boytor as he winked at her, glad that he had kept silent on the matter. It had worked out for him too, as he recieved more money from her which would not have happened had a fight broken out and they had all been kicked out not the streets. The streets, she wondered whether Allistaire had spend his whole life living in the streets of this small town or whether he traveled from place to place to fend for himself. Rhea let out a sigh as she watched him collect some coins from a few people present. At least he'd be able to keep that money for himself tonight, perhaps even spend it on something nice for himself.

Rhea made her way over to where he stood, tapping his shoulder lightly to get his attention. "Thank you for your performances this evening, your voice has truely been blessed by the gods" she said softly, bowing her head in thanks. "I have just spoken with the owner of the tavern and have organised a hot meal for you, as well as a room for you to stay tonight."

--------------

Action: Rhea approaches Allistaire and engages in conversation.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire counted up the silver he had made - the fruits of his labour - before shoving it quickly into his pocket. 'Wow - Ten whole silver!!' He thought to himself excitedly, before looking up reflexively, to make sure no-one could see where he had stashed his new-found gains.

He sighed audibly - noting that, besides the locals who knew better than to take their eyes off the lad, everything was relatively normal. He felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Augh!" He jumped forwards and tried to spin around on the spot - he did not do this well. He looked up at the half-elf cleric who had pretended to be his sister - she was smiling at him. He tensed, did she want some kind of money for his protection? Was she working for Boytor, and keeping him out of the inn?

He listened, perplexed, as she thanked him. He watched as she bowed slightly, and he listened once more as she informed him of the purchases she had made for him. He cocked his head slightly, trying to process the thought of an adult being nice to him, and failing somewhat.

He dug his hand into is pocket and pulled out the coins he had earnt through his music. "I can't really...um...I don't think this is enough?" He stammered innocently, "Boytor doesn't really like to be short changed, Miss." He held his hand out, prepared to drop the coins into hers.

"And...thanks for what you said 'bout my singing. It sometimes has a way of...um...gettin' me out of trouble." He looked at his feet and he waited for the coins to be taken.

--

Action: Allistaire is confused by Rhea's kindness, and doesn't know how to correctly interpret it. He follows along with her conversation, though.
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"I'm sure he doesn't, he is running a business after all." she responded, looking down at the pile of silver in his hands. He was offering her money? Oh! It would appear he hadn't quite understood what she meant. Rhea was quite modest by nature and had been too subtle. "However, since it has already been paid for, I'm sure it wont be a problem. " she continued, gently pushing Allistaire's outstretched hand back towards him.

Rhea wasn't rich. In fact she was starting to run low on coins, though she kept this to herself. Being a novice, she was finding it hard to make ends meet on her travels and the coins she had started with were slowly trickling away. She had offered her services as a healer in many towns she passed through, yet she was competing against clerics who had much more experience, who were able to remove curses, regenerate and even restore life. How was she to get experience when no one gave her the chance to practice her artes? Still, to share a little of her good fortune with this gifted child of the street was certainly an act she considered worthwhile.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire's mouth hung open slightly as he put the silver back into his pocket. His mind reeled with the thoughts of both hot food and warm lodgings. He could have a bath! It had been too long since he'd bathed in a proper setting. He was more than slightly grateful. "Would you eat with me, please, Miss Rhea?" He asked meekly. He hoped to share the information about the forest that he had gleaned with her over the meal, and perhaps share his knowledge of the locales which surrounded them.
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea couldn't help but grin at his reaction, he certainly had not been expecting that. At his offer, she nodded and responded with a soft "I'd be happy to Allistaire" before looking around for vacant table. Spotting one nearby, she made her way over and took a seat. The two elves were still happily chatting away by the fire, seeming happy to be speaking with their fellow kin. She had overheard the mention of the wolf, confirming it was the woman's familiar. A third figure lurked near the fire as well, they had yet to speak at all this evening and had been lurking in the corner. A tad suspicious for such a lively place, though she was the one who had also seemed uneasy with Krug's outburst earlier. Rhea glanced towards Krug, who seemed to be happily enjoying his ale, before her eyes returned to her dining companion, who seemed to be in good spirits with the outlook of a hot meal.

Action: Rhea took a seat at a nearby table.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalgar
Misa Amane


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1666
Location: SPACE!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CURRENT SITUATION:
Rhea and Allistaire are making nice.
The others are as they were last mod.


OOC:
No description text this mod, no need for it considering you're all telling the tale yourselves, or are doing nothing Razz
See y'all on Sunday Smile
_________________
Waggleton P. Tallylicker - R.I.P - Never Forget

http://kalgar-ramblingsofageek.blogspot.com/ - my blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Druids had been known to have animal Companion so the elf having a Wolf with her was not so unusual but Leoric had to admit Ghost was an impressive pet to say the least and she would wager there was a good story connecting the two.

"It is good to see a kindred sprit, your from the swift river tribe then you are far from home this night too. My plan is to travel on with the sunrise tho to what destination I am undecided,I had planed on performing here tonight but what with that Humans disturbance just then I dont think the locals will be very receptive =). What brings you and Ghost to Loth'Gritar? do you have any news from the west?
........................................................
Action: still talking in elvin to Kaala, trying to find a lil more about her and her pet.
Please note I left my drink at the bar =P
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire looked up over his plate at Rhea and, in between shovelling slices of mutton into his mouth, attempted to make small talk. It was what grown ups did, after all.

"So - there's this forest that's like a day from here that's meant to have something weird happening in it and I was like gonna check it out tomorrow maybe like just to see if its really scary or whatever and certainly not cos Michael from two blocks over dared me to and so I was wondering maybe if you wanted to come with just like in case I mean if something bad WAS there then like if you were going in that direction I could protect you and stuff..."

He took a breath as he stuffed his face once more.

"So yeah...There might be treasure and stuff and I mean it's better than just hanging out here all the time cos I wanna be an adventurer when I'm older but I figured I needed more experience cos no-one will hire me but I am really useful and stuff and um...so...yeah - how about it?"

--

Action: Attempts to set up a basic party to scout out the foresty area that we are meant to look at anyway Razz

OOC: Oh yeah, writing like an excited teenager is difficult, apparently Razz
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea listened as he spoke of the forest, she had approached from the opposite direction and had not encountered it., yet it sounded somewhat intriguing. "Something weird?" she asked firstly. What exactly did something weird imply? Had something happened in the forest? Was in haunted?

She held back a chuckle as he mentioned that his interest in the forest was' certainly not a dare'. If this was the case, why would he have mentioned it in such detail? He then went on to explain that they could go together, so that he could protect her. How sweet, perhaps this was his way of showing gratitude? The company would defiantly be enjoyable after having travelled alone for so long, though she suspected it would end up the other way around, with her protecting him. Regardless, she could not let him head off into the unknown alone, especially since he admitted to her he needed more experience.

"This forest... has caught my interest" she told him, watching him dig into his meal. I think we should investigate further, are happy to be my escort? It could be quite dangerous..." He had implied he wished to go, but she wanted to be sure, especially if this was the result of a dare.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DirtyTiger
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Location: Bathurst, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allistaire looked up at Rhea, his eyes betraying just how much he wanted...no...needed to get out of the city - to prove to nobody more than himself that he deserved to be alive just as much as the children who used to call themselves his friends.

"More than anything!" He spoke with his mouth full, which spoilt the moment slightly, "But I think we need...um...you know - someone who knows how to fight with fists and stuff."

He thought about what he had said briefly - a look of panic passed across his face.

"Not that I'm saying you're not strong cos you're real nice and everything it's just that you're a cleric and they are more about making people better, not really hurting others, and I'm more about confusion and um...well...deception, than anything, so maybe we just need someone who is a bit more on the brutal side perhaps." He looked towards the elves "Like those guys" and towards the bar "Or people Mt. SingMore over there."
_________________
--
It can be shown that there are no boring numbers. Maths freakin' rocks ^_^

One Hundred Hundreds, A Blog On The Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spritza
Mylene Jenius


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 2057
Location: on the wings of a dream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rhea watched as he tripped over his tongue, all the while looking as calm as ever. His words had caused her no offence, as they rang with truth. She could wield a weapon, however while doing so she was unable to use her divine powers and would be unable to help others should they get into trouble. Besides, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Who knows what could lay within the depths of the forest?

"Please relax, you raise a valid point." she said softly, hoping to calm him down from his panic. "The question is whether they are willing to join us, they may have their own agenda in this place after all." Her eyes wandered towards the fire where three figures were resting, four if you included the canine. Would they be willing to help a half elf and a child of the streets?

"There is no halm in asking, but first, I think you should finish your meal." she said, turning back to him with a smile. "Then we can work out the best way to ask them to join us" They would have to approach this carefully, as they would only have one chance to convince them. Perhaps the brother and sister routine could work in their favour, as it had earlier? Allistaire was pretty sharp, he may also have some bright ideas.
_________________
Being together, all alone walking hand in hand.
And I want to go to your city
To your home, into your arms.


Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kbz333
Kiichi Goto


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 5548
Location: lost in my own mind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Yes, very far indeed." Kaala replied to Leoric. She was a bit hesitant in replying, she didn't normally converse with others if she could avoid it.

She sighed before replying further "News from the west? The Elders are still the same, not much has changed. They still think that we know nothing" Even though she looked 21, she was really 121.

"As for what I'm doing, I'm just traveling. The elders taught us the theory about the rest of the world, now I'm out living it." Or you could call it running away, she thought to herself.

"What about you? Where do you hail from."


ACTION - replying to Leoric still.
_________________
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment - Babylon 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Oni-5
Washu Hakubi


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 378
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Ha! Sometimes I think the elders came into this world full grown and set in there ways and never were young. I traveled from my home in Kheleksii, 'tis a beautiful area but I seek adventure and there is none to be had at home" it was not quite the truth but speeking of the past would serve no Purpose here, and adventuring was one way to acheve what she must.

Leoric liked this Elf she reminded her of Raerdul a favourite cousin back home.

The bard had stoped singing and was sharing a meal with the cleric, Leoric thought if she stays in this town for a second night it may be worth whyle to see if he would perform with her. together they may make more coin than alone.
...........................................
Action: talking in elvin and thinking =P
_________________
Big Badda Boom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yoshi
Doraemon


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having finished her meal Aron head's over to the bar for a drink, She still keeps an eye on Krug as she sits close to the innkeeper and makes an order.

"Milk please, warm with a drop of honey if possible."


Action: sat at the bar and ordered a drink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:      

Page 1 of 7


Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum