Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Has C1 Bluray Holofoil been pulled?

Has C1 Bluray Holofoil been pulled?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Has C1 Bluray Holofoil been pulled? Reply with quote
I read on here it was discontinued/limited time only, and as I hadn't gotten around to collecting FMAB, thinking I could hold off until the box, so I went out to look for 1. Seems that everywhere I go has no Bluray C1, only 2-3 and the DVD only has the new plain C1.

Seems strange, as I remember these places having C1 on Bluray. Was JB and Gametraders ordered to pull them or something? I didn't expect to have such a bugger of a time finding it, seeing what old stuff some JB have.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was lmited, so it probably sold out.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ I would have thought that too, but it was very common prior to the DVD going matte.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foil stock has always been stated as limited edition/first pressing only. We actually did a second run with the foil very quietly.

So there you have it. it's no longer foil Smile
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can probably still find foil collections at stores that haven't sold out of them yet.
SGD_Eirikr
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally found a Bluray Foil C1 after searching about 3 areas and several JBHifi/Gametraders.

Also picked up C2 and 3. I have a question about 3 though. How come the prints on the disc and region changed?

1/2 are AB with 'Part 1, Disc 1' on White and Red discs, Collection 3 is B only, with a transmutation circle saying Disc 5 and 6.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SGD_Eirikr wrote:
I finally found a Bluray Foil C1 after searching about 3 areas and several JBHifi/Gametraders.

Also picked up C2 and 3. I have a question about 3 though. How come the prints on the disc and region changed?

1/2 are AB with 'Part 1, Disc 1' on White and Red discs, Collection 3 is B only, with a transmutation circle saying Disc 5 and 6.

FUNimation changed from releasing Brotherhood in both regions A and B to just A. I believe the reason is that the company that was selling Brotherhood in the U.K. chose to stop doing so (due to poor sales). As a result Madman has to now author their own Brotherhood Blu-Ray discs.

With that, you'd think Madman'd change it so it displayed 'Disc 05' and 'Disc 06' on the menus as well. However, I think that Madman just removed the advertisement at the start of the disc and published the existing/remaining FUNi disc contents to new Blu-Ray discs, making them Region B discs. Madman is doing the same with Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid as well... Well, last time I'd heard they were.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: