Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Should there be a series after GT?

Should there be a series after GT?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Should there be a series after GT? Reply with quote
Hey guys, so this isn't a slam session on GT, this is a serious question. Its not a case of GT sucked, or "we want another series".

With the way GT ended, its in my opinion that, there can't be another series. GT ended in such a way as it would be near impossible to create another. Hence there is not another series.

So with the way that GT ended, Should there be another or are we just clinging on to something that we should let go? Let me know what you think. Very Happy

P.S - I just thought of a way it could be done, but it would involve some time travel. It makes sense, but, would having Time travel make a reappearance be a bit too repetitive?. The Idea isn't based on Time travel its just how it would start. Oh and the bad guy isn't like ALL the others he has a different goal, he's not out to destroy the universe. Tell me if you would like to hear it?

Cheers guys Shokun out.
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think everyone's clinging onto something they should just let go. It's amusing how folk have made up Saiyan levels above SSJ4 and fan-created Dragon Ball AF. They just need to let it die, really. Z ended fine at the Cell saga.
Shokun
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah pretty much ay... like I said, its too hard to make another series really. I agree that the ending of the Cell saga was fair decent, but that being said, I enjoyed the Buu saga, and enjoyed that ending more than the Cell one, it just felt more permanent.
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it is worth, the actual continuation of Dragon ball (GT is not cannon) is Dragon ball online. There are summaries out there which can tell you how the story goes.
Shokun
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most defiantly, I've just recently been looking into Dragon Ball Online, thanks to news reaching my ear about an english patch (I looked into awhile ago, but it wasn't in english so I didn't give it much thought). Ive looked into it recently and I can see why there aren't any movies out or in production. I love the idea of a Dragon Ball MMO, being able to play the races we all love is freaking awesome In my opinion. I might make a thread on Dragon Ball online (if there isn't one already).
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitely! I am a really big fan of dbz, more importantly a bigger fan of vegeta! They could at least make a smaller series or something about their individual lives. Like how they came to be the hero's they are today or something dedicated to their great-great grandchildren (vegeta jr, goku jr etc)

Anything will do! Just as long as us fans can get as much dbz! Very Happy
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well there is a new movie coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG really? Best news ever! You just made my day!!! Very Happy
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed. Looking at the cast and designs, it's set just after the Buu saga in that lost decade(Ultimate Gohan, halo-less Goku, etc.).

Ignore that Vegeta looks from way earlier in the series I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vegeta_yaz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's great news! I figured that the word 'kai' meant revamped. So the whole series of dragon ball z is being retold in better format with no fuller Very Happy I can't wait!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: