Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Smartphone Game Thread

The Smartphone Game Thread
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: The Smartphone Game Thread Reply with quote
I haven't seen a thread dealing with games for the various smartphones.

Which is why one needs to be done.

I'm currently hooked on playing Catapult Saga on my HTC. It's an online network game that allows to you to play against people the whole world over.

It's like the name says. You launch a projectile at the apponent and try to kill him. As you go along, you can get better weapons and clothing as well as enhancing the weapons/clothings that you have. Wind is also a factor beside the angle. You also progress skill level wise. You can buy health and energy potions as well as clothing and weapons.

I'm currently on level 19 and there's people on level 50. Shocked

It's not the greatest artwork wise, but it is very addictive and the battlefields are challenging. Having an actual human opponent makes this a lot of fun as well as wanting to swear. You can do that as well since it has a chat function.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed the mobile Dead Space and Mass Effect games. Dead Trigger is also a good one, too, I often play that while I wait to start work.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I enjoyed that Dead Space game too. I'll probably go back and play it again soon. I'm wanting to play that series marathon so I will include the mobile version when (if) I do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still playing Catapult Saga and am on lvl 54. They opened lvl 51->60 a month or so back and some people have reached lvl 60 already.

That can only mean that they have no life if they've reached that stage. It takes a lot of hours to lvl up from 50 onwards and for to reach lvl 60, you're looking at several hundred hours of playing using double exp cards. At least in the timeframe since it opened up.

There's an exact copy of Catapult Saga called Little Hero and it transfers your character, stats etc over to it. Someone has obviously just copied it completely and changed the name. EVERYTHING!!! is the same as CS.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently playing Age of Warring Empire and it's pretty adictive. I'm clan leader of Aussie Land and call myself Fenrir. Aussie Land is lvl 12.

It has a lot of servers which has people playing on them. I'm on server 148 - Dominitus.

[edit]I'm currently deciding the direction of my alliance. I have 1 1/2 weeks of holidays starting today and if I'm not happy with how things are going, I'm going to disband and delete the game. With things that have happened recently, I split my alliance in 2 with my most active members in the new separate alliance. I was going to disband at that time, but reversed my decision. Im now having 2nd thoughts on it.

It costs you money to have any chance to get further up the chain.[/edit]

Last edited by JESTER on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Sir_Jamesalot
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm currently hooked on playing games on my laptop.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been having fun with the Love Live iOS game. It's an idol management/rhythm game.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've recently decided on quitting playing Age of Warring Empire. Managed to get my alliance to lvl 25, but it just became too boring, too stressfull and too demanding. My former coworker is still playing it and someone else will take over the leadership. They've now merged the server with a couple others which makes it apparent how dead my server was.

While I was playing that, I was also playing Eternal Fury which had some decent graphics and the female characters were fan service material. Wink I gave it up for awhile, but have since started playing it properly again. I'm in a one person alliance, but it's a lot less stressfull and lvling up takes time, but you don't need money to get decent weapons and gear if you're patient. Currently lvl 61 character wise in it.

The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The iOS Idolm@ster games are $7.99 til the end of July on the US iTunes store, so I picked them up. (Much better than the initial $55 price.) Since they're a couple of GB each, I've only got one installed at the moment, and it's a different experience to the Love Live game. I guess knowing who eveyone is would be a help (I've seen maybe the first episode of the original Idolm@ster series a long time ago, and the game's included OVA, so I don't really know everyone).

Hmm, I'm currently playing three rhythm games; the Idolm2ster one, the Love Live one and Persona 4: Dancing All Night on Vita.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still playing Age of Warring Empire, though I'm now dealing with a hacker threatening to hack my account. He stole the account of a Kiwi player.

I'm doing links instead of pics to avoid trouble here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/madboardjester/PIC_0381.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/madboardjester/PIC_0388.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/madboardjester/PIC_0389.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/madboardjester/PIC_0393.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/madboardjester/7ec7b474-7917-4616-a921-9f3d5d23eb42.jpg

I'm also putting those up so that the proper authorities can see it as my mobile phone hates screen shots.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been mucking around on a couple of games. Astronest and Dawn of the Dragons. Both aren't bad games, though I'm hooked on DotD a lot. Am over lvl 500 on that at the moment and I'm closing in on lvl 50 on Astronest which is a sci-fi earth vs the colonies set up.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently playing Valiant Force on my smart phone and it's a fun game. Difficult to learn at times, but well worth the time. I'm lvl 82 on Arathos Server under the name Stormseeker with Aussie Land. Got my harem to well over 100 and Merlin is a babe in the game, not an old dude as in other games. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently mucking around with Hades' Star which is simple in design but fun in a strategic way. The best thing is that you don't need to spend on it. Money doesn't given you an advantage except for a permanent discount on ship upgrades and lvl ups. However, you still need to spend the same time on those and other things.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: