Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Paranoia Agent Transfer Quality

Paranoia Agent Transfer Quality
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Paranoia Agent Transfer Quality Reply with quote
Hi,

Iím considering purchasing Paranoia Agent however I have a few concerns particularly in regards to this PAL release. My main concern is in regards to how the transfer was done. Was the transfer a speedup conversion from film (24fps) or was it done using a Frame Blended transfer?

Thankyou! Smile
souldout
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
:'(

Sadly I found my answer:

MichaelDVD Australia wrote:
This video transfer appears to be an NTSC conversion. Besides the usual signs of jerky motion and stuttered pans, if you pause between cuts in the animation you can clearly see overlapped frames.

I'm going to give this to the Region 1, simply for the fact that I loathe NTSC -> PAL conversions.

DVDActive.com wrote:
Once again, the series has been subjected to an NTSC to PAL conversion. Subsequently, the screen is riddled with serious interlacing issues, namely extensive ghosting and combing. Primary details are marginally soft but perceptible nevertheless.

Hopefully a remaster/re-render of the DVD will appear soon considering the Bluray's have been release quite a while back.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Considering how not even the DVDs are available anywhere else in the western world? Unlikely to happen.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: