Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

I think Darwin should have...

I think Darwin should have...
Author
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: I think Darwin should have... Reply with quote
...it's own 'world class' concert arena/sports facility (it could attract a few potential league expansion teams). Plus the facility should be designed with modern and native Australians in mind.

PS. Another reason for this idea: Darwin is usually avoided by big Australian touring companies, but with this new entertainment/sports arena, it should get them to come to the Top End, plus it could shave some hours off tours.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind seeing Darwin get better sporting arena's and stadiums. With there also being a US military presence there, it would get more people. Darwins population would need a sustained higher than everage increase over a decade or so just to get a look in.

It would take years after it being built for a higher ranking viewer sport to get up there, esp when you consider how long it took Blue Tongue Stadium in Gosford to get a premanent profesional team with the Mariners and that's not far from Sydney.

However without the facilities in the first place, no one will think twice about playing up there except for promotional purposes.

I also think people are a little iffy simply from the crocs up there. There are occasional news reports of them entering houses and pools in Darwin.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been 3 years since the original post, but having been up in Darwin last august, I can see that getting a big stadium wouldn't be bad if done right. However, you have to set it up to minimize the heat that's already building up in August.

They do have the supercars up there and I was surprised at how large Darwin was so something like a stadium wouldn't be far fetched.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darwin for the A-League
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote
Ditto.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: