Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Is Microsoft trying to **** with me?

Is Microsoft trying to **** with me?
Author
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Is Microsoft trying to **** with me? Reply with quote
I can't go through my emails right now. They say I need a 'Microsoft Account' before I log in. Well, I'm not playing their game. Who I do have to choke at Microsoft before they get the message that I DO NOT NEED A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all what email program are you using?
Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1?
If so then you can create an account but select "Existing Windows 8 account" which is NOT an Microsoft account.
So basically your creating a windows account but NOT using Microsoft account.
But it is a strange process that you have to go through the
"create an account" process just so you can select the Skip option to creating an Microsoft account.

With your email program you should be using your existing Windows account and NOT Microsoft account.
Also you should be using your own ISP mail server POP3 address.
Also in general you should have Authentication setting turned ON which saves you from getting blacklisted (which is another story I can tell).

Microsoft account is "THE CLOUD" yes the infamous cloud that is a mystery in itself. Laughing
Microsoft account is only for when you install "Office" which is generally annoying that you must create an Microsoft account just so you can download and install "Office" from Microsoft's own Cloud.

But technically you don't need an Microsoft account unless your using The Cloud and other programs such as Xbox Live, outlook.com, Windows Store, weather updates etc.

::The confusing part about it::
But you also have the "option" to set Windows 8 so that you automatically login to your Microsoft Account when you login to Windows 8.
Or set it so that Windows login to a non-Microsoft Account and just an existing Windows account that DOES NOT use Microsoft's account cloud system.
So you can skip making an Microsoft account, but Microsoft themselves have set it up so that the option is "HIDDEN from plain sight.

The confusing part
So basically you have to create an account just so you can skip making an Microsoft Account...yes sounds confusing doesn't it.
It's also known as "Skip sign in to your Microsoft account" option to which uses your existing Windows account instead.

You can google "how to skip sign in to your Microsoft account" if you want step by step help.
It basically tells you how to avoid using a Microsoft account and using your existing Windows account instead.

I hope that clear things up for you.
But yes you right Microsoft's evil ways of forcing you to make an Microsoft account that you don't even need.
But the thing is you can skip it but the option is only there after creating which is programmed in the wrong place.
It should be set so that you should skip first not create first then skip.
The problem is Windows 8 new system to which I discovered on my notebook.
But my main desktop PC is still Windows 7 to which I prefer.
I think Windows 7 is FAR BETTER than Windows 8.
Windows 8.1 (I have on my Notebook) has got a bit of a start button but I still use it like Windows 7 which is quite funny.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: