Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Importing for the first time right stuf

Importing for the first time right stuf
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Importing for the first time right stuf Reply with quote
right as the title says I am thinking of buying stuff from right stuf but I have not really imported before I was wondering before I do this are there any hidden trap fall so to speak I should be aware of first

I am thinking of getting as I believe no company in aust carry these

Steins;Gate DVD-Rom Game (Windows) - Best Edition

Maid Sama! DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Suzuka DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition

at the moment that is all as I find the site a bit difficult to navigate
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only hidden trap is you'll have to send a scan of your licence (I think) and the credit card. Via email. May or may not be a stumbling block if you're not keen on sending sensitive info this way.

Only other problem I find is postage. Not sure what the basic international is now, but there were using Swedish Post and was god awful. I always use USPS, but you'll have weigh up cost vs how quick you want your stuff or if you want to be able to track it etc. There are plenty of postage options not listed on the site. Just ask them what's available.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As mentioned they ask for a scan of your driving licence and CC/CC statement.

When I did it years ago I scanned them in, but used paintshop to black out all bar the first and last 4 numbers on the card, and statement.

That gives them enough info to confirm the card is in your possession but without giving anything like enough for someone who might see the scan to use (IIRC the first four digits are the bank/card type/issuer, and the the last four are routinely shown on receipts anyway).
boredandlazy
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't have to send them a license, I sent them a bank statement showing my address. I blacked out info like my account number etc. as they have no right to that and they were fine with it.
Lisa86
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I blacked out the info. One of the greatest company's I buy from. Shipping is like $13 starters the. $4 for each item on top of it. It's not that much. Takes anywhere from 14 days to a month to get to me (I'm in wa) depends on what Aus post dose to it once in Aus.
Never had a damaged item and staff are very friendly and super helpful.
I've basically stopped ordered get anime from Aus part from naruto, bleach and one p as I like to have matching sets.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: