Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Berserk Collection

Berserk Collection
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Berserk Collection Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I am in the US and thinking about to ordering Berserk Collection http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/3213/berserk-collection as it is not sold anywhere in the US for a reasonable price! I was wondering if anyone has it and can post pics of what this looks like? I was looking online to see if anyone posted any pics or videos on youtube like an unboxing of this one but nothing. All I see is that same pic shown here. Just curios to see what I will be getting if I decide to order.

Thanks,
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Berserk Collection Reply with quote
I don't have any photos on me but it's just a thick DVD case (fatpack, probably about double size) with the design shown in the stock product image (if you click on the image you'll get a larger version that includes the spine for a better feel of what it looks like). There's not really anything else to it.
S-toon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh I see! Ok just a simple case to house the dvds in, no other extras inside?

Sounds like the Dragon Ball Collection Part 1 & 2 Fatpack that I bought a long time ago, before I even knew Funimation was going to release the blue packs, so I got those XD
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it has the extras from the original release, but I only had the original individual volume release version of it.

Maybe one of the other members can tell for certain what the extras are on it.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm just like JESTER and have the original boxset with the individual 6 volume DVD's.
The pic in that link is the fatpack release, which was released 'after' the original boxset.

The fatpack is still 6 DVD's so its pretty much the same as the original release except all the 6 DVD's are together in one pack.
Where as the original release was individual DVD slip case box.
But the original DVD slip case box had better artwork and each DVD volume had its own artwork cover too which I liked also...but the fatpack doesn't have these artwork covers.

Also know as the 'box of war'...you can google the words 'Berserk box of war' and you will see images of the original release.

Hunting down the original 1997 release before the new anime project gets released will probably be difficult as fans would like to get the entire collection.
You can still get the 3 OVA films which is ok but it doesn't cover the entire Golden Age arc fully as it only shows the important parts to the story.

But I have seen the fatpack release around a few times in various stores but since your from the US it would be hard for me to say just go visit such store and realize your not in Australia.
Some stores may have product online but whether they ship to the US is another thing.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
S-toon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gotcha!

Yeah I was wondering if it was anything like The Box of War! I saw one on Amazon going for $160+ last week!! Too much for me so I started to look around and found out that it is out of print in the US but that Australia is still selling the dvds so decide to look here as how I had said, I order the DB colection Fatpacks before and saw this Berserk Collection and wondering if it was anything like The Box of War or how it was!

But I guess this is the next best thing considering that Berserk is out of print in the US, so tracking down the individual dvds or Box of War and buying will sure be expensive!

Thanks for the info!
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen the individual volumes on Aussie ebay, for the original MM release. Up to you whether it's worth trying to get them or not.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
S-toon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know but I just ordered it yesterday! Just have to wait and see how it is when comes in now.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: