Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Slow release of DBS

Slow release of DBS
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Slow release of DBS Reply with quote
Why does it take so long for us to get the dubbed DBS, the American release is far past our release schedule, they're almost finished black Goku arc while we are is on Champa arc

I get that for the physical release it takes time due to materials and stuff but there is no excuse for Animelab, I cant even watch the dub on Funimation now app as apparently, DBS is not available on the app for us.

Am I really forced to stream the episodes illegally just so I can catch up on the dub? You guys are kind of forcing it on to us
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow release of DBS Reply with quote
jedite1000 wrote:
Am I really forced to stream the episodes illegally just so I can catch up on the dub? You guys are kind of forcing it on to us

Nobody is ever forcing you to pirate content. The content is already promised to you, just at a slower rate. Arts and entertainment are a privilege and not a right.
That aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a contractual obligation. Madman has often been quite quick with getting things out when they're actually allowed to be doing so. FUNimation often has licences for here as well and it's likely that as part of their possible sub-licence to Madman they are requesting a delay in release. This might not be the case but what I'm getting at is that there are a myriad of factors at play here that could be causing this delay, it's not very likely to just be a case of Madman dragging their feet.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As there is currently a TV deal in place in the US it allows for the US to also be able to stream the content after broadcast.

Unfortunately there is no broadcast here in Australia, which means we are restricted to only able to have the dub AnimeLab until after the home video releases.

It's a restriction that's a part of our agreement.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: