Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases

Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases Reply with quote
27/05/2020
Very small month of 14 releases total

Madman branded:
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) (Blu-Ray)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection (Blu-Ray)
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly (Blu-Ray)
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly (Blu-Ray) (Limited Edition)
Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow (Blu-Ray)
Naruto Shippuden Chakra Collection 3 (Eps 141-212)

Funimation branded:
Black Clover Season 2 Part 3 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 4 (Eps 85-112) Steel Book (Blu-Ray)

---
So looking at the releases, it's all sequels. Code Geass films finally showed up, which is great since they're already out in the US and UK. There doesn't seem to be much info on the LE release though.

Yu Yu Hakusho is getting a standard edition release, which seems to just be the US Anime Classics release from a few years back.

Still no sign of what happened to Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 2, Anne of Green Gables, B: The Beginning.
Speeny
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing for me. I would of put Black Clover down but I buy the US releases. (Might have to continue with the Australian releases though as importing has gotten far too expensive.) They're the same discs anyway from what I can tell.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases Reply with quote
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) (Blu-Ray)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) DVD / Blu-Ray Combo (Limited Edition)
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly (Blu-Ray) (Limited Edition)

So yeah, Attack on Titan it's just a question of what vesion I'll get, Code Lulu I'll probably just get the Re;Surrection movie, I'm not a big fan of compilation/retelling movies in general, Fate/Stay Night is of course a shoe in for the LE.
IForgotMyUsername
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speeny wrote:
Nothing for me. I would of put Black Clover down but I buy the US releases. (Might have to continue with the Australian releases though as importing has gotten far too expensive.) They're the same discs anyway from what I can tell.

The Australian releases are just imports of the US release with a classification sticker (easily peelable), so you won't have any inconsistent sets if you buy the Australian release. Legit no difference.
Speeny
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="IForgotMyUsername"][..]

The Australian releases are just imports of the US release with a classification sticker (easily peelable), so you won't have any inconsistent sets if you buy the Australian release. Legit no difference.[/quote]

I had absolutely no idea that you could peel the stickers off? I'm sure at JB I saw that they were part of the slipcover itself.

(The quoting button has not worked for a while now. At least for me.)
IForgotMyUsername
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speeny wrote:
[..]

I had absolutely no idea that you could peel the stickers off? I'm sure at JB I saw that they were part of the slipcover itself.

(The quoting button has not worked for a while now. At least for me.)

correction: Black Clover s1p2 and s1p3 are printed on, the rest are just stickers. I forgot that Madman reprinted slipcovers for early Funimation import releases.
Speeny
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fantastic. Thanks very much for that. Will definitely save a few bucks.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases Reply with quote
Knight of L-sama wrote:
Code Lulu I'll probably just get the Re;Surrection movie, I'm not a big fan of compilation/retelling movies in general

Absolutely worth noting that there are changes in the movie trilogy that apparently carry over to Re;Surrection.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Madman/Funimation May 2020 anime releases Reply with quote
IForgotMyUsername wrote:

Madman branded:

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly

Funimation branded:
Black Clover Season 2 Part 3 DVD / Blu-Ray Combo

properly these for me, have mixed feelings about code geass to be honest, I have not seen these but I kinda liked the way r2 ended
Sabmabab
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) (Blu-ray)

A tiny month for me but an awesome release, and it helps me save for the next big month.
IForgotMyUsername
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just noticed that the Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray) release has 4 discs, and says its in English and Japanese.

Does this release contain both the trilogy and Re;surrection? Because the trilogy was never dubbed, but Re;surrection was. The bonus features also contain English dubbed stuff in it. I know that Funimation released the trilogy and Re;surrection separately, and same with Anime Limited, but Madman combining them, but also doing a separate just for Re;surrection?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: